Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating (15156 Views)

Microsoft To Replace Internet Explorer With A New Web Browser, 'spartan'. / Meet Cortana By Microsoft / Nokia's Handset Business Bought By Microsoft For €5.44bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Caseless: 11:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
deols: Is it disposable or one to wash and rewear?

any fear of electrocution?

Carbohydrates are good for relieving stress.Hence the chocolate mantra. I wonder why microsoft wants to deny us that. Not everyone wants to be skinny.
are u fat or skinny?
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by rapfezy: 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
;DØ₪ behalf of d bois,dey say make I ask,if d bra go stil dey easy †̥ϑ remove sharp sharp,if kongi hold us
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hmmm.... so the bra will alert me that I'm stressed and I shouldn't be eating? Guess what, I already know that I'm stressed and I shouldn't be eating.....most of the time, I shouldn't be eating! If all the bra does is alert me with with the hope that I would think twice about opening the fridge, then it's not as smart as I would like. Microsoft should do a bra that reduces stress levels, kills hunger pangs, reduces calories in foods and maybe makes the fridge invisible.............that would be a product I would be interested in.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by abdulahi001: 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
Then, BRA and BREASTS will now become hackable.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Congratulation: 12:26am On Dec 09, 2013
End tym tings
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Tosyn007(m): 12:33am On Dec 09, 2013
Hmp! As if it would help..ladies are natural gluttons...its why eateries are their boyfriends not guys.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by lastpage: 3:34am On Dec 09, 2013
tolextony: ‘We tried to do the same thing for men’s
underwear but it was too far away.’

cheesy cheesy cheesy

God is brilliant, walahi! kiss kiss kiss

Thank "God" he placed my balls way-way down there! undecided shocked
I dont want anyone hacking my precious balls! kiss kiss

Lastpage!

BTW: What is all these beef by women, concerning the smart Bra sef?
First, it alerts them when they are stressed. (l hope they develop something that tells me when my "balls" are stressed! grin grin Okay, truthfully, its always stressed by "Mummy" Lastpage! )
Second, it prevents them from using food as a diagnosis for stress (which leads to overweight, which is what women hate most!)

Maybe it's just the "feminazi-stuff", afterall it was developed by "men"! tongue tongue
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 09, 2013
I need to train on how to manually install the bra
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by johnk44: 5:42am On Dec 09, 2013
Hacking and sucking matter. Am developing a site for huge project now
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Archildao: 6:53am On Dec 09, 2013
What about 'smart boxers'? to check men's konji level.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by ROMENOUN: 7:10am On Dec 09, 2013
infonubia: [img]http://4.bp..com/-W__DfkBsFFE/UqDw3a0fZDI/AAAAAAAADYw/--frM3vbaG8/s640/smart-bra.jpg[/img]

While Google, Samsung, and Apple are busy with smartphones, smartwatches, and smartglasses, Microsoft has been working on bringing artificial intelligence to a wearable device that's a little bit more intimate - a new 'smart' bra for women!

The giant tech company has developed a smart-bra that its researchers say is used to help prevent women from over-eating when stressed.

The hi-tech bra measures the wearer’s heart rate and breathing and alerts them when their stress levels are rising by sending a Bluetooth alert to their smartphone.

Senior Microsoft researcher Mary Czerwinski hopes the bra will make women think twice before opening the fridge.

‘It’s mostly women who are emotional over-eaters and it turns out a bra is perfect for measuring the heart,’ she told Discovery News.

‘We tried to do the same thing for men’s underwear but it was too far away.’

Reaction to the bra on Twitter ranged from amusement to annoyance.Microsoft develops ‘smart’ bra

"Anyone else offended that Microsoft is devoting its tech research to a bra designed to prevent women from overeating?" tweeted a Seattle woman whose Twitter handle is @cunningminx.

Added Rachel Happe of Boston, "If nothing else convinces you we need more women in tech, this should. No, I don't want someone hacking my bra..."

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/05/microsoft-smart-bra-will-stop-women-from-overeating-4217113/

Is technology taking things a bit too far or is this a welcomed development? Have your say!

Source - http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/microsoft-develops-smart-bra-to-prevent.html

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by towsyne: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2013
abeg when will microsoft invent smart condom?
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by victorazy(m): 7:15am On Dec 09, 2013
Lubbish
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by moshoodn(m): 7:47am On Dec 09, 2013
Is it washable?
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Clemzy16(m): 8:10am On Dec 09, 2013
Ok. When will they make smart pant/underwear that will prevent we guys from having unnecessary e'rection?
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by sigmundfreud(m): 8:25am On Dec 09, 2013
Smartbra...that explains wwhy android is flogging windows!
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 09, 2013
In 50 years time, people will die more from radiation induced cancer than HIV-AIDS + other diseases summed.

This is taking technology too far.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by braxjay(m): 8:54am On Dec 09, 2013
Don't worry APPLE folks Smart iCondom is in the making
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by StarCj(m): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2013
I will like to c person near my side to wear it shocked shocked
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Babaken(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2013
Emelcee: Its a lie, dnt tell me its not true?
it is try.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by khattab02: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2013
I wittler: Nawa ooo;;;vry soon na smart penis N small boobs go follow;;;;deranged physic
Lol.. U funny ooo..
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by khattab02: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2013
Samcathe: I dont think this makes any sense..
It will definitely have a side effect like breast cancer...
sure! Somehow..
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Eraddray(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2013
cheesy
s!s! afrika:

'No I dont want someone hacking my bra...'
lols, Im cool with it really, just that, I doubt its availability in the 3rd worlds, talk more of affordability.
if u can't afford the brand new smart bra,then u can go for d London use cheesy

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by cumpaddre(m): 10:52am On Dec 09, 2013
LadyH: wat shall d committee be named??
National Committee On Breasts And Brazier Assessment and Revitalisation.grin
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by miss2895(f): 11:18am On Dec 09, 2013
Olamagnifico: How the maintainance go come be now..?

I no advice women to use dis thing...

Imagine bluetooth for bre.ast... Ani ri ina ni kanga o...
Amin ooo. Hw she go dey wash am sef, abi na dry cleaning she go dey do?
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
Small time dem go do 4-play bra
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by LadyH(f): 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
cumpaddre:
National Committee On Breasts And Brazier Assessment and Revitalisation.grin
Chairman!!!
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
Smart CD
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Rawar: 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
tongue Brazillian bra mobile (BBM) ......... :Bluetooth bra community (BBC)
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by babzics: 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
But i just wonder why the breas.t? but it is a good development. cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spacex CEO Elon Musk To Send Japanese Billionaire To The Moon On It’s New Rocket / 5 Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Use Wifi / How Can I Connect My TV To External Speakers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.