Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Start Your Own Consulting Business... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Start Your Own Consulting Business... (3837 Views)

How To Start Your Company With N10,000 Or More And Earn 5 Figure Earning Monthly / Theios Consulting Calling For Aptitude Test Through Dragnet / Hartford Green Consulting Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
My name is Iboyi-iboyi Believe, Am the principal consultants/CEO GENIUSKROOL services.
My job here today is to educate and inform NLers about the business opportunities in Consulting business, with speacial focus in school consult...i need not educate you again about the benefits of being self employed or motivate you to be your own boss.

If you are a young graduate especially in education, there is great potentials for you to run a succesfull school consulting business instead of you going about looking for which school will employ you.
You will agree with me that there are schools (primary, secondary, vocational, music, etc)schools in every of our streets...hence you can harness the opportunity to
1. develop and plan their curriculum,
2. Train their Teachers/facilitators on capacity development, leadership, communication. work ethnics etc
3. marketing, organizing and struturing the schools.
4. There are also companies who want to get their products to the schools. You can be a middle man marketer for these companies to the schools.

Sincerely, for about 4years now, i've starting in this area of entrepreneurship which i've deftly called ''edupreneurship''. My business scope covers otta ogun state, and because of the volume of schools, i've not been able to move out of otta to lagos and its environs, yet we are also receiving calls to work with schools in lagos.
Hence, i believe that if other businesss minded graduates can tape into this area of school consulting or edupreneurship, there is high growth rate.

HOW DID I START.
The truth is, i started with less than two hundred naira. I went to a business centre to type a seminar topic and photocopied it into about 8 copies. Dressed up properly and distributed it to the schools in my neighbourhood. Two of them invited me and i did the seminar for them at the cost of five thousand naira each.... But before then, i had read the book, HOW TO MAKE IT BIG AS A CONSULTANT by William A. Cohen.

Well, i don't want to write too extensive, if you want to start., am willing to give you start up strategies, training and network.

Pls just email me :geniuskrool@gmail.com or call 08093759013

I await ur responds.
Iboyi-imoni Believe
Principalconsultant/ceo
Geniuskrool services
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
following the email requests received, it becomes imperative to detail on our subject matter of how to satrt your consultng business.
I did also want to urge those that have sent email request to at least make a comment here.

How to start ur consultng business.
before i started out in my school consultng business, i did a lot of studies and i discovered that most teachers, lecturers and proprietors call themselves educationist, which to me is a very vague word since education consist of both formal and inform learning and setting.
To distinguish myself and my business from others and to make it easily identified with:
1. PLACE (created a niche for myself).
By niche i mean creatng a brand identity which i want my clients to know me for. And that is where the idea of the eduprenuer came out from and hence, i call my self a school consultant..... Eduprenuer to show that am in the educational field and school consultant to show the area of consultancy am specializing.
2. PROBLEMS and PROSPECT
The school business is enamored with many problems just as consultng business itself has its own problems...this means that school business and consultng business have their perculiar challenges.the problems of the cosultant are the problems you will face as a consultant ( some of the once i faced are: people didn't believe in me, which actually became an advantage, financial constrants, knowledge base, office space, etc..... And i must say here that i've overcome all these challenges.
The problem of the school is your job and that is where the money is. Having worked in ota ogun state and some part of lagos, i concluded that the problems of schools thou are general but neighorhood makes some very unique. Your ability to identify these problems and been able to provide innovative and simple to apply solutions to their problems is what will keep you in business. The school problems are your prospect.

Coming up next
3. PROGRAMME and PLANNING
4. PRESENTATION
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2013
PROGRAMME AND PLANING:
My programes are my unique selling points. Yet i will stil try to be as unclad as possible to drive home my business point, because if you miss the programing and planing side of this business, you wil have to be a hungry man for a long time.
If u check my profile, you will see i have advertised almost 4 different activities. Those are some of the things i have been able to come up with.the reason is because, i believe in multiple streams of income. Yet a more compelling reason is that school business is seasonal (expect seasonal unemployment)
Hence, i am always working on ensuring that i always have some thing to offer the school owners.
First understand that by school owners, i refer to the many share holders of the school which includes: the proprietors, teachers, school prefects,the students and the parents (parent here refer to the caliber, status of parents in that particular school in view).

To the teachers and proprietors: i realized there are many magazines around all about entertainment, sports and few others on some specific businesses like bankng, investment etc.hence, i came up with a magazine that is solely dedicated to teachers and the teaching profession (maybe i should call it a newsletter thou, because the number of pages are just 8 and wil increase it to 12 by the third edition)this is because in a little survey we did, we realised that most teachers and proprietors claim they don't have time to read, so i had to make it small to avoid boredom.....and don't you start getting hyper active about doing online newsletters. Because, about 90% of the schools in ota and environ do not even have functional email addresses.i don't know about the eyebrown areas in lagos and abuja, the schools in those areas have some over priced lecturers who come to give them regular seminars.hence they might not listen to you.
*SEMINARS:
Concerning seminars, we've been able to develop different seminar topics to meet the demands of the schools.whenever we send letters to schls for seminar, we also include nota bene (NB): school can also choose or give us any topic of interest to work on''
Generally, our seminar topics range from: teaching methods for the 21st century teachers, content development, reading speed for the students, leadership seminar for the prefects ( the idea for the prefect training came from the realization that as a prefect then in school, no formal training was given to us, we were just selected based on academic performance, and yet made to lead our peers and juniors. And till now,most school slect and appoint prefects without trainin. The few schools we have worked with using the books of John C, Maxwell. The results have been phenomenal.
The hottest topic now for schools is the montessori method: do whatever you can to learn it.i don't know much about it,so am stil just learning as well.

Other areas includes: recruitment of teachers for schools: schools are in dire need of teachers everyday.

Its like my phone is hanging

Believe iboyi-imoni
Geniuskrool
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
HOW TO PLAN A SCHOOL
In the school consulting business, there are many issues of interest. Amongs them is your capacity to convince the clients or school owners that you have got what is takes and you have something to offer. As the edupreneur, and the school consultant, you must understnd that there is a big diference between answers and solutions. every school owner has answers to their problems but you have to provide the solutions to the problems of the school. From studies, we have been able to adopt some basic strategies for planning a school inorder to achieve answers. One of which is:
The SPIN strategy where,
S=Situation: this involves data gathering questions, eg what, when, where, how.
P=Problems: difficulties, disatisfactions of the teachers, parents, students etc
I=Implication: exploring the effect, complex and sophistication of the situation and problems.
N=Need -payoff= benefits of your solution.and why your solutions are not answers.

2. The SWOT analysis..swot analysis is quiet popular but for the records S=strength, W=weakness, O=opportunity, T=threaten.
You must be able to provide these for the school because, many school owners do not know their positions.

3. Process mapping: to identify the knowledge base of the schl, their relationship, operation etc.
ETC
Every school has a problem or two, and one or all of these and many other business modelling methods can help you provide solutions for the school.

And if you are wondering what are the problems of schools, maybe i should also share my insight in this area too. Generally, most schools have all or one or some of these underlisted problems.

1. Growth problems: many schools are finding it unbelieveably hard to grow their student population.
2. Debts issues. I can say this is the biggest and most common problems to small schools. .. How to get their money from the parents
3. Improving students Academic Problems
4.making extra money from the school beyond schl fees
5.teachers problem(improving them, inavailabilty Etc)
(Pls check my blog, you will see some other problems i have listed.....)

What am saying in essence is that you can use the above methods to find solutions to the problems listed.

WARNING: it must be noted that most of the owners of schools are education graduates, some educatn lecturers, retired headteachers from government and private schools and or NCE certicate holders. You cannot just cook up junks and give them to eat.

Therefore, the winning strategies is to ''re engineer the engines/wheels, shift from the norm, create a new paradigm and understand contextual exaptation''

Believe Iboyi-imoni
Geniuskrool
0809 375 9013

Next !
Presentation

2 Likes

Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by naija4(m): 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
this is very enlightening..thanks to mr i.e believe...
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by yommy03: 10:14am On Dec 26, 2013
Yommy03@yahoo.com
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
yommy03: Yommy03@yahoo.com
Why did u leave ur email addy.... Atleast u shud give a command nah
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by kola639: 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
I av already msg u and u've replied me. Now, i'm waitin for d next stage
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
the art of presentation for school consultants.

The key to sucess as an edupreneur and school consultant is presentatn and communication: this include both spoken and written. In this first section, i will deal on the area of spoken presentation which is popularly called public speaking.

My job now is to introduce you to the 7Ps of PUBLIC SPEAKING: factors that make or mar your presentation.
i have been using this topic to train wana be public speakers, so i might have to be brief.
The first P is:
PURPOSE: there is a purpose for every presentation, it could be for information, to influence, to give an opinion. The purpose is for you to define your message.
PREMISE: this explains the premise of the purpose.the environment of the premise is: Physical: lectern(stay at the lectern)
Effective:motivate the audience
Cognitive: speak the language of the audience
social: this determines the kind of
people you speak to eg. Class

PLATFORM
Is it religious, corporate or business, academic? The platform determine the language, presentation style, body language, choice of background material, non verbal communication(tone of voice, body language) and the choice of wording for the presentation.
PRESENTATION: before going for a presentation, make sure you have done your assignment, reading through different materials, prepared notes, researches. The presentation pattern depends on the platform, purpose and premise. This include
Scheme: attractive opening, humour, challenging and appealing quotes.
Technique: one of the generally accepted techniques for presentation is the KISS (keep it short and simple), the story telling method either persosnal or other peoples' story.

To be contd
Happy new year in advance.
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 12:40am On Aug 01, 2014
coming up NEXT is

School CONSULANTS as CONTRACTORS.

Watch out.
Someone sent a mail to me accusing me of abandonment of my thread... And later encouraged to continue my work. He gave me some insighted...i guesss those words pushed me forward, and am trying to write often here. Yet i stil feel discouraged that people do not comment.
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by westwinds: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2014
I just searched for teachers seminar and the only reasonable thread that came up is this thread.... I guess this field of career is highly overlooked. I commend your efforts... I think there is a great need for this kind of service.... I will be following this... cheers
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 6:37am On Aug 29, 2014
@westwind: thanks for ur comment, i guess i lost my steam since no one is commentng.

U said u were searching for teachers seminar...is it that u want to attend one?
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 8:25am On Mar 30, 2016
Its really amazing or do I say disappointing to start something and never finish it.

But lately, I have been asking my self.... Does consulting have an end?

Recently I have got some insights into consulting and I just wish I can repeat most Of the jobs I have done before.

But then, that's not possible, as I can only do better.

I saw that in my last post, I was to talk or write about consultants As contractors.

Yes, I will do justice to that topic, but before then, am excited to tell you about my new found books and reading list which I believe every consultant must read and have as reference points.

Around June last year, I stumbled into a book titled

Business Consulting

This book explains every thing that needs to be known about consulting business. As it gave guide to how it works and how to make it work.

Again I saw another book titled

First Break all the Rules.

Chaii

And this year, I have made a reading list of 8books on strategy I must read and I have bought 6 Of them already.

I spent the whole of last year reading books on leadership.

Why am I saying all this.?

Am saying this because this is the lifestyle of a consultant.

You must be ahead Of the client.
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 5:36am On Apr 02, 2016
Am going to do a quickie on the subject of consultants as contractors.

Understand that a contractor is someone who collect jobs and doesn't necessarily have to do them, as he can sub-contract the jobs to professions to handle. But he is responsible for the outcome of the job so done .

As a consultant with a grip on the school you have worked with. You can offer to collect printing jobs for exercise books, school painting, website development, purchase of books from vendors etc.
The bottom line is to make extra income from the school.

When you collect these contracts from the schools you are solely responsible for the outcome of the jobs.
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by millhouse: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Gud job
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by Ebi4life: 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
you are doing a great job
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by superstr: 9:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
Anyway, read Starting a business or getting a job: 08 powerful strategies to make your career decision on www.careerlinko.com
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by tifolab: 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2017
Sir, you are really doing a great job. Thanks for the tip. Please, don't stop posting as I'm sure many people are benefiting from your write-ups
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by Xxpress(m): 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
This is helpful. Thanks
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 10:49pm On May 15, 2017
The Consultants MasterMind

The consulting business and or industry Is now volatile, uncertain, concentrated and highly dynamic.

The era where Consultants use to be generalists is gone. Generalist Consultants are​ glorified human bodies for hire at negotiated prices.

These glorified generalist Consultants market their Consulting works by *hope marketing* as they have no predictable way to convert clients. hence, leaving their consulting busineses to a spine chilling chance.

Join me and the biggest players in the Consulting industry to strategize, master mind, execute on how you can niche your Consulting businese for success and significance at

*THE CONSULTANTS MASTERMIND*

Early bird registration​ is on @ #10,000 only.

Are you a bulging or an existing Consultant.?

You must understand That *_every trainer is not a Consultant but every Consultant is a trainer_*

To step up your game as a consultant, in this highly dynamic and volatile industry you need to focus on strategy, execution and the right Network.

And the learning process starts at the

*The consultants Mastermind*

At this master mind, you will learn how to:

Identify and create synergy and collaboration among consultants

And the knowledge point includes:

-legal frame work for Consultants​ and the consulting industry

-building a Consulting corporate governance

-marketing a consulting service
-How consultant solve problems

Lead speaker: president of NITAD.

And other thoughts leaders, like RonkeOmorodion-the enterprenuer Lawyer.

Venue: LCCI Alausa Ikeja

Cost : #7,000
( for early birds)

Late registration: #10, 000
Date :July 15, 2017

For payment details,pls contact

IEBelieve:08093759013, 07038763491
Re: Start Your Own Consulting Business... by iebelieve(m): 10:14am On May 23, 2017
Plan to attend

_ To gain access to specific knowledge, experience, toolset, frame work and expertise in your Consulting niche
- learn how to analyze your business and that of your clients
-Demystify strategy and executive intelligence

Attend *THE CONSULTANTS MASTERMIND*

To learn the strategy, mastermind to build your consulting firm's framework and corporate governance.

Gain the Nigeria perspective to build a global consulting from foremost Nigeria Consultants and masterminds

Register Now

Call: 08093759013, 07038763491

*Early Bird registration closes first week of June*

#iebelieve
#Edupreneurng

(1) (Reply)

Get Free Ebook On How To Make Money Through The Internet / How Would You Rate Nti Pgde Programme? / We Buy USA Amazon Gift Card 100-500$ With Cash Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.