Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP (17089 Views)

Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / Stop Offering Excuses, Face Challenge Of Governance- PDP Tells Buhari / ‘stop Making Mockery Of Governance’ PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by bcomputer101: 5:46am On Dec 06, 2013
The Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party has said Governor Babatunde Fashola should learn from President Goodluck Jonathan, especially in the area of harmonious politics.

The party said this against the backdrop of the Federal Government’s approval of a $200m loan sought by the Lagos State Government.

The party, in a statement by its publicity secretary, Taofik Gani, accused Fashola of playing bad politics by frustrating developmental programmes of PDP councillors in their wards.

The statement read in part “In the opinion of the party, the Federal Government’s gestures to an opposition state government has further confirmed that the Jonathan-led PDP Government is indeed a government of development with human face and with clear direction, contrary to the impression being sponsored by the All Progressives Congress.

“Unlike Fashola and his council chairmen who are deliberately witch hunting our few councillors by denying their wards developmental projects, the PDP Federal Government has continually supported the Lagos State Government to develop. This is how progressive government is run.

“Governance must be distinguished from partisan politics and we salute President Jonathan for practising this. We hope Fashola would learn such sincere governance from him.”

The party also applauded the decision of the Federal Government to approve $1.3bn for the commencement of construction of a deep seaport at Lekki.

It added that many of the structures in the state were laid by the Federal Government.

“The party notes that the Federal Government has monumental legacies within the state which are pillars upon which the Lagos State Government has been flaunting performance.

“Such legacies include the only two airports in the state; the seaports; railways, all the bridges connecting the mainland to the island; police and military installations to mention a few,” the statement added.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/fashola-should-learn-from-jonathans-good-governance-pdp/

19 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:06am On Dec 06, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin that's all I can do

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Goddex: 6:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Yea, really, which is better managed between Abuja (GEJ & PDP) and Lagos (Fashola/Tinubu & APC)? Remember, Lagos was again recently ranked 4th worst city to live in in the world after 14yrs of the duo in power. It is still very dirty and cannot boast of basic pipeborne water as most cities despite huge IGR.

19 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Who need a shoeless zoologist when we have a SAN with a sound mind.

102 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by sylvar02(m): 6:26am On Dec 06, 2013
Abiolacicero: Who need a shoeless zoologist when we have a SAN with b sound mind.

Ehen?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Lmao ..
Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by malele(m): 6:30am On Dec 06, 2013
Abiolacicero: Who need a shoe less zoologist when we have a SAN with b sound mind.

After reading the article that's all u can say?
U have a mental problem

41 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by oluwashaddow(m): 6:35am On Dec 06, 2013
so pdp now own all federal structure n not the citizens, oga oooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 06, 2013
let them swap positions for just 4 years then we shall know the true leader between them.

24 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Mynd44: 6:57am On Dec 06, 2013
4bobo: let them swap positions for just 4 years then we shall know the true leader between them.
Swap wetin? You want Obatala to visit you sey?

Why does GEJ have to be lagos state governor before we know what he would do? What did he do as governor of Bayelsa?

And to the Lagos PDP, the project was a LASG initiative and when was the last time any federal project was done in Lagos state? That's why they keep failing. If you dont have popularity somewhere, that's where you ought to be more visible so you can win people not avoided it.

35 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 06, 2013
malele:
U have a mental problem

A shit article deserves a shit response. Call me when you post something sensible.

56 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by plaindealer: 7:00am On Dec 06, 2013
Do you laugh or just feel sad for these pathetic clowns and weaklings?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by fabulous4u: 7:03am On Dec 06, 2013
4bobo: let them swap positions for just 4 years then we shall know the true leader between them.
Mr man read,digest and comment sensibly.the release was talking about Jonathan's tolerance of the opposition and criticism and he's ability to rise above hate which we all know fashola lacks to a large extent.please comment with your sense and not your anu.s
APC e-goats were not designed to think but groan,so I'm not surprised by your display of ignorance

58 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Mynd44: 7:07am On Dec 06, 2013
fabulous4u:
Mr man read,digest and comment sensibly.[b]the release was talking about Jonathan's tolerance of the opposition and criticism and he's ability to rise above hate [/b]which we all know fashola lacks to a large extent.please comment with your sense and not your anu.s
APC e-goats were not designed to think but groan,so I'm not surprised by your display of ignorance

The withdawal of Ameachi's security

The interruption of nPDP's meeting

Sending soldiers to beak up the subsidy protests

Stating a type of politics that can be best described as ethno-religious

Are these what he is to adopt into Lagos? Abeg guy

95 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by plaindealer: 7:09am On Dec 06, 2013
fabulous4u:
Mr man read,digest and comment sensibly.the release was talking about Jonathan's tolerance of the opposition and criticism and he's ability to rise above hate which we all know fashola lacks to a large extent.please comment with your sense and not your anu.s

Are our leaders supposed to do their job or ignore and just tolerate their jobs and the people they swore to serve?

You people come up with insane sentiments for real..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Ayekotoo(m): 7:15am On Dec 06, 2013
Goddex: Yea, really, which is better managed between Abuja (GEJ & PDP) and Lagos (Fashola/Tinubu & APC)? Remember, Lagos was again recently ranked 4th worst city to live in in the world after 14yrs of the duo in power. It is still very dirty and cannot boast of basic pipeborne water as most cities despite huge IGR.
After over two decades, why cant your precious city 'Abuja' be ranked atleast in the world of either best or worst cities?

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 06, 2013
Is that suppose to be a joke or some kind of sarcasm? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:18am On Dec 06, 2013
Goddex: Yea, really, which is better managed between Abuja (GEJ & PDP) and Lagos (Fashola/Tinubu & APC)? Remember, Lagos was again recently ranked 4th worst city to live in in the world after 14yrs of the duo in power. It is still very dirty and cannot boast of basic pipeborne water as most cities despite huge IGR.
and Nigeria, thru the rule of ur PDP has been ranked the best, even in west africa. Abi?

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Ayekotoo(m): 7:20am On Dec 06, 2013
malele:
U have a mental problem
shut it. how dare you compare a dullard with a visionary leader! The only person that thinks like Fashola in the dullard's government is the current Agricultural minister Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina.

27 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Mynd44: 7:20am On Dec 06, 2013
ilugunboy: Is that suppose to be a joke or some kind of sarcasm? cheesy
The president is in the same class as Jacob Zuma. Believe me, that ain't a compliment grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Ayekotoo(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2013
bcomputer101:
“The party notes that the Federal Government has
monumental legacies within the state which are pillars upon which the Lagos State Government has been flaunting performance.
“Such legacies include the only two airports in the state; the seaports; railways, all the bridges connecting the mainland to the island; police and military installations to mention a few,” the statement added.
can someone tell this man to shut up and stop gittering? Fashola had seen the future hence, he initiated the lekki seaport, the establishment of lekki airport, the construction of bridges for(pedestrians and vehicles).
Fashola was the first leader to establish state security trust fund to cater for the incompetent federal govt-led military, police, customs and Ndlea.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Sometimes I wonder why some people who don't even have shelter of their own in Lagos are more Pro-Lagos, than us Land Lords in Lagos. What PDP, Lagos State Chapter is opining is fair play and equity to PDP Councilors (In Lagos State), to develop their constituency (In Lagos State), for the constituents (In Lagos State).

The Comparison is merely and fact fully necessary because (our) Lagos Governor, seems to play politics on Party and Tribal lines against the tenets of micro-democracy in the very Microcosmic Lagos.

Can you tribal Yorubas cease to be stupid 99% of the time?

28 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Ayekotoo(m): 7:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Governor Fashola said this during a courtesy visit by the Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Mr Ahmadu Giade to Lagos state government house, Alausa Ikeja. He stressed that a safer world must be predicated on an unrelenting campaign against hard drugs and small arms as a starting point and thanked the management of the agency for the passion with which it is fighting the drug war.
Governor Fashola stated that the state is well aware of the limitations of the agency in Lagos in. terms of its ability to be resourced and that this explains the decision to donate two vehicles to the agency through the State Security Trust Fund.
The Governor added that despite being a federally controlled agency, Lagosians would be too happy to extend additional support by the measure of results that they see from the NDLEA, saying: we would be monitoring, this would be a result driven collaboration because the more you show us, the more you will see how extensive our support will be.
Speaking earlier, the Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Alhaji Ahmadu Giade, had reiterated the commitment of the agency to fight the scourge of drugs trafficking and peddling.
He stressed that it is noteworthy that Lagos which used to be a base for the production of illicit drugs which are not meant for consumption in Nigeria but for exports has shed that toga as the perpetrators have relocated outside the state.
While expressing his support for NDLEA’s campaign to introduce stiffer penalties for drug peddlers, traffickers, manufacturers as well as all those involved in the illicit, dangerous and unhealthy trade, the governor also donated Toyota Hilux vans to the agency to enhance its operations.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/10/02/fashola-urges-security-agencies-work-with-ndlea-to-curb-drug-peddling/

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by dridowu: 8:00am On Dec 06, 2013
Ds lagos pdp must be hi on kaikai h2o.
What can Fashola learn from PDP in general ? Talkless of GEJ
OMG, pls dy shd kindly move ds thread to joke section

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by geeez: 8:05am On Dec 06, 2013
Billyonaire: Sometimes I wonder why some people who don't even have shelter of their own in Lagos are more Pro-Lagos, than us Land Lords in Lagos. What PDP, Lagos State Chapter is opining is fair play and equity to PDP Councilors (In Lagos State), to develop their constituency (In Lagos State), for the constituents (In Lagos State).

The Comparison is merely and fact fully necessary because (our) Lagos Governor, seems to play politics on Party and Tribal lines against the tenets of micro-democracy in the very Microcosmic Lagos.

So because you said you have a house in Lagos, we should believe you because your monicker is Billyonaire

And because we are pro-Lagos, means we don't own any building in Lagos?

I've noticed you as a loud, good-for-nothing, unintelligent poster who possibly lives in one cave in Umuahia and claims to be a landlord in Lagos

I'm sure you've not seen or owned a million before and you're claiming billionaire status

For every Yoruba who is passionate about Lagos, it is because Lagos is Yorubaland and you can't change that

If you truly own a property like you claim, look through your certificate of occupancy again but I doubt if you've ever seen one

55 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by DahomeyAmazon(f): 8:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Billyonaire: Sometimes I wonder why some people who don't even have shelter of their own in Lagos are more Pro-Lagos, than us Land Lords in Lagos. What PDP, Lagos State Chapter is opining is fair play and equity to PDP Councilors (In Lagos State), to develop their constituency (In Lagos State), for the constituents (In Lagos State).

Who is this village rat?

30 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2013
Moderators, "do the needful" by moving this to the joke section.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by DahomeyAmazon(f): 8:21am On Dec 06, 2013
geeez:

So because you said you have a house in Lagos, we should believe you because your monicker is Billyonaire

I've noticed you as a loud, good-for-nothing, unintelligent poster who possibly lives in one cave in Umuahia and claims to be a landlord in Lagos

I'm sure you've not seen or owned a million before and you're claiming billionaire status

For every Yoruba who is passionate about Lagos, it is because Lagos is Yorubaland and you can't change that

If you truly own a property like you claim, look through your certificate of occupancy again but I doubt if you've ever seen one
You even have time to school and ordinary house boy like him.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 06, 2013
geeez:

You didn't have to bold your fonts to be read. It indicates that you want to be read at all cost. It also indicates that you are shouting. Yes, I have read what you put out there and I can assure you that it makes a lot of sense to you, but for me, its balderdash, gibberish, and emotional outpour unrelated to the thread and not measured to anything on scale.

Now, I challenge you to react to my post intelligently and I shall endeavor, if I feel like, to respond to you. By the way, address me with respect.

30 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 06, 2013
Dahomey Amazon:
Who is this village rat?

Your logical fallacy is ad hominem

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by DahomeyAmazon(f): 8:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Billyonaire:

Your logical fallacy is ad hominem
As much as I don't want to derail, you nonsensical English shows you are nothing but a village rat.
Fallacy = ad hominem, why use the same words in a sentence?

Next time you should respect others.

32 Likes

Re: Fashola Should Learn From Jonathan’s Good Governance – PDP by israel007: 8:40am On Dec 06, 2013
Yes, fashola is an insensitive dirty piece of work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Kill Selves, Soldier In Borno / Army GOC Presents Christmas Gifts To Idps In Borno State / FG To Transport Petroleum Products By Rail System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.