Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Father Of The Ibo. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Of The Ibo. (1156 Views)

Let The IBO Leave. / Nigeria And IBOPHOBIA - Fear Of The Ibo Tribe / Undiluted Words For The Ibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Of The Ibo. by newazuka: 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
Pls nl, who is the father of the igbos, thank you.
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Correct that ibo to igbo if you expect any reasonable igbo to answer you
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by gurnam: 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
VICTORCIZA: Correct that ibo to igbo if you expect any reasonable igbo to answer you

What is wrong with Ibo?
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Sloan: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
gurnam:

What is wrong with Ibo?

Nothing wrong with ibo, the guy is just trying to be mischievous! Even Achebe, the best ibo man that ever lived calls it ibo, go and read some books!
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
VICTORCIZA: Correct that ibo to igbo if you expect any reasonable igbo to answer you
are you talking about weed? undecided
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Kponkwem(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
Progressive and civilised societies never lay claim to a single progenitor. The British and Americans are descendants of various traditions of Normandy, Celt, and Scotts. Even the Chinese do not lay claim to a single Hun tradition.

Same with the African indegenous peopls of Ndigbo. There were several iron-working civilizations that existed thousands of years. Areas such as Nri, Nsukka, Igbo-Ukwu and Aro lay credence to the development and spread of Igbo.

What is this watery bunkum on how a single man gave birth to millions? Or who appeared with a cock and sand to create earth and started life!

1 Like

Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Kponkwem(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
Progressive and civilised societies never lay claim to a single progenitor. The British and Americans are descendants of various traditions of Normandy, Celt, and Scotts. Even the Chinese do not lay claim to a single Hun tradition.

Same with the African indegenous peoples of Ndigbo. There were several iron-working civilizations that existed thousands of years. Areas such as Nri, Nsukka, Igbo-Ukwu and Aro lay credence to the development and spread of Igbo areas.

What is this watery bunkum on how a single man gave birth to millions? Or who appeared with a cock and sand to create earth and started life!

1 Like

Re: Father Of The Ibo. by slimghost(m): 6:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
@OP. What tribe is ibo? I have never heard of them before.

1 Like

Re: Father Of The Ibo. by OmoTier1(m): 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
slimghost: @OP. What tribe is ibo? I have never heard of them before.
ibo are across the niger bridge to the eastern confluence of river niger in a place called Nigeria.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Father Of The Ibo. by newazuka: 8:26am On Dec 10, 2013
pls who are the igbos attached to, just as the yoruba is attach to 'oduduwa'. Pls it is urgent.
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Yikes, dont tell me some people dont know their history.
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by JulianBond007: 8:32am On Dec 10, 2013
newazuka: pls who are the igbos attached to, just as the yoruba is attach to 'oduduwa'. Pls it is urgent.
Ojukwu of course! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Agunnewi: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2013
See them vultures all over the thread lol grin
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Freewilly(f): 8:43am On Dec 10, 2013
The Father of the Igbos is the almighty God in heaven Creator of heaven and earth. I'm surprised the OP didn't already knew that.
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2013
If you mean a progenitor, I dont believe Ibo has one. If your question is in reference to political legend, then I believe Azikiwe, who was overshadowed by Ojukwu. After Ojukwu's death I think Orji Kalu Orji has stepped in as the new Hero to lead them into a new political era.
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by JulianBond007: 8:56am On Dec 10, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
If you mean a progenitor, I dont believe Ibo has one. If your question is in reference to political legend, then I believe Azikiwe, who was overshadowed by Ojukwu. After Ojukwu's death I think Orji Kalu Orji has stepped in as the new Hero to lead them into a new political era.
he's not talking of a political father. A progenitor if you ask me which Igbos do not have.
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:01am On Dec 10, 2013
JulianBond007: he's not talking of a political father. A progenitor if you ask me which Igbos do not have.

I see! No they do not have a progenitor. They were taught what they know about themselves by White colonists and missionaries.
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by JulianBond007: 9:08am On Dec 10, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

I see! No they do not have a progenitor. They were taught what they know about themselves by White colonists and missionaries.
isn't it better than being taught that my ancestor fell down from the sky? No insult intended! Just kidding. grin

2 Likes

Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 10, 2013
JulianBond007: isn't it better than being taught that my ancestor fell down from the sky? No insult intended! Just kidding. grin
And you were taught that mary conceived of jesus without s£xual intercourse, and you also believe that jesus flew back to heaven

3 Likes

Re: Father Of The Ibo. by iphy42: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2013
As someone suggested, they are Igbos not Ibos. Refuse to change that and Igbos will not even answer you. Didn't you notice that most of those answering you are non Igbos? Call people by their names please.
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by iphy42: 9:32am On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=Sloan]

Nothing wrong with ibo, the guy is just trying to be mischievous! Even Achebe, the best ibo man that ever lived calls it ibo, go and read some

Even Achebe may be the best Ibo man ever that is why he is not known by the Igbos. Ibo is very offensive to a true Igbo son. Quote me anywhere!
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Kponkwem(m): 9:38am On Dec 10, 2013
And this Odua of a man who gave birth to the yoruba nation must be a libidinous dinosaur below?

And to think that the bloke emerged from nowhere with cock and earth to commence creation, gives him the status of a genius.

Let me check if he also failed to the Afonja some balls!
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Ngwakwe: 9:39am On Dec 10, 2013
In my dialect Ibo exclusively means Door

iphy42: Even Achebe may be the best Ibo man ever that is why he is not known by the Igbos. Ibo is very offensive to a true Igbo son. Quote me anywhere
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:41am On Dec 10, 2013
JulianBond007: isn't it better than being taught that my ancestor fell down from the sky? No insult intended! Just kidding. grin

Did somebody's ancestor fall from the sky?
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by macjive01: 9:42am On Dec 10, 2013
http://migrationstoriesofnigerianigbo./2010/03/14/theories-of-ndi-igbo-origins-part-ii-the-ancients-introduction/

I'm not a conspiratory theorist, but this case is really perplexing.

If Igbo were before Adam, does it mean they are from God's loins ?

If yes, does that mean Igbos are the true guardians of heaven?

So Jesus Is most likely of igboid blood lineage then?
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by macjive01: 9:43am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Father Of The Ibo. by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:46am On Dec 10, 2013
Kponkwem: And this Odua of a man who gave birth to the yoruba nation must be a libidinous dinosaur below?

And to think that the bloke emerged from nowhere with cock and earth to commence creation, gives him the status of a genius.

Let me check if he also failed to the Afonja some balls!

Oduduwa performed miracles. Listen to this post.

lakhadimar: And you were taught that mary conceived of jesus without s£xual intercourse, and you also believe that jesus flew back to heaven

2 Likes

Re: Father Of The Ibo. by Africaman: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2013
newazuka: Pls nl, who is the father of the igbos, thank you.
A man called Eri who came from the Nri area of modern day Anambra state. Google 'Eri of Nri' to find out more.

ciao

(1) (Reply)

I Deactivated All My Garri Accounts, Now They're Back!!! / 11 Countries Near Bankruptcy / 1000 Bishops, Pastors Hit Abuja To Reconcile Jonathan, Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.