Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,261 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service (847 Views)

#Dasukigate: Church Members Boo Falae - PerSecondNews / Ambode With Aregbesola & Wife At HID Awolowo Commendation Service / Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by oluwashaddow(m): 8:24am On Dec 07, 2013
A Catholic priest, Reverend Father Andrew
Obinyan, yesterday drew the anger of members
of the Academic Staff Union of Universities
(ASUU) when he appealed to them to calloff the
strike action and trust the Federal Government
on meeting their demands. The visibly angry
ASUU members interrupted Rev. Obinyan and
refused to say amen to some prayers offered by
him, and shouted on him to leave the podium.
Rev. Obinyan was booed while giving his homily
at the commendation service held for former
President of ASUU, Prof. Festus Iyayi at the
University of Benin. He advised ASUU not to give
the Federal Government the privilege of
satisfaction of fighting and defeating them,
stating that he discovered that many ASUU
members were retreating, as well as collapsing
their structures. Rev. Obinyan urged ASSU to
trust the Federal Government to keep to its
promise by calling-off the strike. According to
him, “My appeal is to request you to make
surrender the tool of power. Do not give the FG
the privilege of satisfaction of fighting and
defeating you. We rely on that voice. We believe
in that voice. I humbly request you to surrender
first in this fight. You have made your point
eloquently and clear enough. I know the Federal
Government cannot be trusted because of their
antecedent, but I request you to please trust
them now” “ASUU will never lose by it. They will
gain by it. Be assured of our prayers. We are at
the receiving end. Many of your foot soldiers are
collapsing. Some are retreating”, the priest said.
But when the shouting by ASUU members was
becoming deafening, Rev. Obinyan said, “Christ
will not tell you to fight on. He will tell you to
forgive and forget. My appeal is because of the
sufferers.” Speaking with the media, President of
ASUU, Nasir Isa- Fagge, said the Reverend
Father spoke for himself, and that ASSUU
members were steadfast in their demand. He
said they would not call-off the strike until the
Federal Government meet the four-point demand
in their letter.
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by stanogb(m): 8:26am On Dec 07, 2013
Before now, the cohesive apparatus of states and those who navigate the apparatchik of political suzerainity never thought that this ASUU/Fg feud would generate to this. I suggest ASUU give up.
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by Sowhizy(f): 8:27am On Dec 07, 2013
ASUU is doomed
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by Asabeq(f): 8:33am On Dec 07, 2013
Faggae and co are nothing but loosers! Majority of them are muslims so why won't they boo a priest preaching forgiveness and understanding. Useless, greedy set of animals. Keep booing while schools gradually pull out of ASSU then I'll see how a small group will fight FG.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by Anuoluwap(m): 8:37am On Dec 07, 2013
lol

Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by Aabheaven(m): 8:48am On Dec 07, 2013
Who cares abt does ASUU desires,they can go and hug tins 4 all i care
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by philfearon(m): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2013
People Dont like to Hear the Truth!!
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by Jman06(m): 9:28am On Dec 07, 2013
This confirms my earlier suspicion that ASUU is up to something else with this strike. Why boo a priest that was only making an appeal? I'll advise wise lecturers to return to work and put these extremists to shame.
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by tmtech: 9:33am On Dec 07, 2013
I keep wondering why ASUU is so resolute this time around.......hmmmm...
I sense some undertone
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by Demdem(m): 9:39am On Dec 07, 2013
tm-tech:
I keep wondering why ASUU is so resolute this time around.......hmmmm...
I sense some undertone

Because they don't ever want to go on strike again. This is the final battle.
Highly justified.
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by Garrithe1st: 9:45am On Dec 07, 2013
I know the Federal Government cannot be trusted because of their antecedent......... but I request you to please trust them now”

The Priest deserved to be booed for the senseless comment above..
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by mike404(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2013
Demdem:

Because they don't ever want to go on strike again. This is the final battle.
Highly justified.
JIHADIST

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by mike404(m): 9:59am On Dec 07, 2013
Garri the 1st:

The Priest deserved to be booed for the senseless comment above..
ANOTHER JIHADIST

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by Demdem(m): 10:08am On Dec 07, 2013
mike404: JIHADIST

Dafto
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by Garrithe1st: 10:30am On Dec 07, 2013
mike404: ANOTHER JIHADIST

grin grin

Daftie....
Re: ASUU Members Boo Catholicpriest At Iyayi’s commendation Service by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
I know the jihadist must support ASUU

(1) (Reply)

Amadi: PHCN Core Investors Faced Acrimonious Entry Into Market / Mother Of Five Nabbed By NDLEA While Exporting Heroin To Husband / Why Pdp Think They Can Win Osun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.