Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (22449 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 9:29am On Dec 07, 2013
Because our team lacks the required depth in quality expecially the midfield and defence.list the not-so-popular players in-form for their various clubs you feel stephen keshi should give a phone call.who knows keshi might just stumble on it.and even if he doesnt, it wouldnt be bad to know them.the world cup is only six months away.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
fenando Adi:STRIKER: A relatively unknown player until he signed for a Danish club;fc copenhagen from slovakia fc Trencin where he scored 34 goals in 42 matches.the benue start born Adi, before his recent fortune was playing for youth football clubs in gboko town.A town made popular by the now defunct BCC LIONS.And who also produced David tyavkase.He made his champions league debue for copenhagen against juventus last month and also played against real madrid a week or two ago.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2013
Nedum Onuoha:DEFENDER: QPR England championships.yes he is with the championships.he has had some good premier league experience with manchester city and sunderland too.his solo run from his current right back position to an awsome goal against petr cech in stanford brigde remains my best memory of him.he is part of a QPR backline that has just conceded six goals in thirteen matches.He has won two man of the match performance to state his growing maturity and influence withing the team.and for the record QPR just looking likely to come back to the EPL.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tiago Ilori: DEFENDER.Signed by liverpool for £7million last summer from sporting lisbon where he spent his formative years with the youth team.He was born in london to a portuguese mother and a nigerian father.He is yet to get some quality game time in liverpool where SAkHO and TOURE are yet ahead of him but so is OMERUO at chelsea.An unbled youngster for £7million has to be that good for a defender.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sone Aluko:STRIKER/WINGER:we all know Ideye is paying keshi some good $$$$ to get a shirt...just kidding.well aluko is the new ish.he's been in fine form for Hull city in the epl lately until he tore his archilles.the memorable goal against newcastle is well...memorable.i even heard wenger made some inquires lately too and Manager steve Bruce wont stop with the beautiful eulogies of him.well sad for him aluko turned down a new contract.keshi would do well to give him a call again.i gather he was invited for the nations cup but pulled out cause of last minute injury.His respons to previous invitations sugest keshi neednt do a hard work on this one.He is sure already in the bag.outa the pouchy nose of England.

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by naijanoni(m): 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
troy20: Sone Aluko:STRIKER/WINGER:we all know Ideye is paying keshi some good $$$$ to get a shirt...just kidding.well aluko is the new ish.he's been in fine form for Hull city in the epl lately until he tore his archilles.the memorable goal against newcastle is well...memorable.i even heard wenger made some inquires lately too and Manager steve Bruce wont stop with the beautiful eulogies of him.well sad for him aluko turned down a new contract.keshi would do well to give him a call again.i gather he was invited for the nations cup but pulled out cause of last minute injury.His respons to previous invitations sugest keshi neednt do a hard work on this one.He is sure already in the bag.outa the pouchy nose of England.
Aluko is alreadey a capped super eagles player.He featured in the afcon qualifiers.all he needs is just a call-up,just like every other player.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2013
naija noni:
Aluko is alreadey a capped super eagles player.He featured in the afcon qualifiers.all he needs is just a call-up,just like every other player.
yea you are damn right.i let that slip me.what match did he even play then.can you remember?...yea i got a pic of him now in super eagles jersey.his sister plays for the english female national team you know.

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Afam4eva(m): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2013
The only person i could pick from all those you listed is Nedum Onuoha and that is just because we're having a big problem at the backline. We really don't have much of a problem in the midfield and especially in the frontline as we have a myriad of strikers to choose from. I've never see Sone Aluko play and can't speak on his capability.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 11:39am On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva: The only person i could pick from all those you listed is Nedum Onuoha and that is just because we're having a big problem at the backline. We really don't have much of a problem in the midfield and especially in the frontline as we have a myriad of strikers to choose from. I've never see Sone Aluko play and can't speak on his capability.
i no sure o.who else de dat midfield apart from mikel and say onazi.and i watch onazi for lazio he's been in fine form for them but not that talented.who else again?
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Afam4eva(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2013
troy20:
i no sure o.who else de dat midfield apart from mikel and say onazi.and i watch onazi for lazio he's been in fine form for them but not that talented.who else again?
We may not have exceptional midfielders but we have midfielders that can hold their own. There' Mikel, Onazi, Mba etc. I think Iheanacho should be considered also imo.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by bizibrain(m): 11:49am On Dec 15, 2013
A cogent addition 2 ur list of uncaped Nigerian players is David alaba.Super eagle defends dept needs 2 b strenghten wit experienced world class defenders which will serve as an additional cutting edge..

Am quite sure david alaba of bayern munich will find it easier 2 bench any africa defenders dan 2 make a complete back pass.

He was of recent listed among award nominees comprising top world class european defenders.

I imagine a fantastic counter attack evolving frm a tackle frm david alaba resulting in an accurate speed pass 2 DMF ogu making a pass 2 end to end work horse ONAZI and a dribble pass 2 roged maestro playermaker MIKEL with MIKEL producing his usual excellent through ball over d top 2 flair out and out frontman EMENIKE. That will b a fantastic COUNTER ATTACK goal.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Afam4eva(m): 11:50am On Dec 15, 2013
bizibrain: A cogent addition 2 ur list of uncaped Nigerian players is David alaba.Super eagle defends dept needs 2 b strenghten wit experienced world class defenders which will serve as an additional cutting edge..

Am quite sure david alaba of bayern munich will find it easier 2 bench any africa defenders dan 2 make a complete back pass.

He was of recent listed among award nominees comprising top world class european defenders.

I imagine a fantastic counter attack evolving frm a tackle frm david alaba resulting in an accurate speed pass 2 DMF ogu making a pass 2 end to end work horse ONAZI and a dribble pass 2 roged maestro playermaker MIKEL with MIKEL producing his usual excellent through ball over d top 2 flair out and out frontman EMENIKE. That will b a fantastic COUNTER ATTACK goal.
David Alaba already plays for the Austrian National team.

5 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
We may not have exceptional midfielders but we have midfielders that can hold their own. There' Mikel, Onazi, Mba etc. I think Iheanacho should be considered also imo.
iheanacho and mba are more attacking though i doubt keshi will give iheanacho a call-up.i read somewhere recently that keshi wants to call up lukman Haruna back to the team.he's been in fine form and he's been linked to Epl clubs this january transfer.He is a more complete package.a creative solid ball holder and tackler just as mikel
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by bizibrain(m): 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
We do av an exceptional player in SE suad
Mikel is an exceptional potential world class player. Is slow development,slugish play and goal scoring drought is d main cutting egde of yaya toure over him.

I run tru is profile on wikepedia, I was impressed wit his club performances, individual awards nd joint collective awards 4 both country and club.

He was once a 2 tyms chelsea young player of d year.

I believe his goal scoring barreness droped him 2 d DMF role behind lampard who score more goals wit excellent goal scoring skill.

His complete driving skill btw 3 spainish player, ball holding ability during afcon and tough tackling ar wonderful performance which is ever green in my memory

He even prove his worth as a playermaker/attacking mid-fielder by scoring a goal against uruguay

Though Mikel is my favourite super eagle player but I tink am nt biased by rating him potential best mid-fielder in d world..

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by bizibrain(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by bizibrain(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm aware of dat,he wont play in brazil worldcup as well. Am hoping he could stil switch nationality just like Victor moses and shola ameobi.

I guess its already late 4 him 2 play 4 Nigeria in nxt year wc finals, because it took victor moses some years b4 he could switch nationality succesfully.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
bizibrain: I'm aware of dat,he wont play in brazil worldcup as well. Am hoping he could stil switch nationality just like Victor moses and shola ameobi.

I guess its already late 4 him 2 play 4 Nigeria in nxt year wc finals, because it took victor moses some years b4 he could switch nationality.
well once a player has been capped by a senior national team of a country, he cant change nationality.ameobi never played for england and am sure if agbanlahor hadnt played for england aswell(even if he never stepped on the pitch) he would've wanted to play for us now.am sure he regrets his decision now cause he rejected our invitation long ago.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by bizibrain(m): 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
troy20:
well once a player has been capped by a senior national team of a country, he cant change nationality.ameobi never played for england and am sure if agbanlahor hadnt played for england aswell(even if he never stepped on the pitch) he would've wanted to play for us now.am sure he regrets his decision now cause he rejected our invitation long ago.
wao, am unaware of dat.

Good 4 agbonlahor,he wil bite is finger wen Nigeria make it up 2 semi-final and his national beloved country (england) is sent home in group stage.

I love victor moses, he saw it coming and switch Nationality b4 its 2 late. Am sure victor moses wont make d bench of England squad nw 2 talk of playing 4 england senior team.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Gayigaskia(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva: The only person i could pick from all those you listed is Nedum Onuoha and that is just because we're having a big problem at the backline. We really don't have much of a problem in the midfield and especially in the frontline as we have a myriad of strikers to choose from. I've never see Sone Aluko play and can't speak on his capability.

No that mother**er was sought after by Shuabu Amaodu before the last world cup , he refused thinking he would get a call up from the english team. Now that Cappello never called him all of sudden he wants to be a Nigerian!

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
Gayigaskia:

No that mother**er was sought after by Shuabu Amaodu before the last world cup , he refused thinking he would get a call up from the english team. Now that Cappello never called him all of sudden he wants to be a Nigerian!
yea i remember.many of them act very unsmart .the english national team hasnt achieved anything for decades.and they can barely keep up a stable team of players for more than one match.i've been trying to find out what's so appealing playing for them.if Sone Aluko hadnt been pressured by his family, he would've had same futile hope.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Jaytee1985: 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
I wl go for ilori and onuoha

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by otokx(m): 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
None of those listed above is fit to be called up, we are better of taking guys from CHAN and the U17.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Sylvarresta(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Emu and Akara on point..., Abeg se messi don agree to play 4 naija
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by oladoya(m): 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
my question remains where are these players: Obafemi matins, Odewinghe, nsofor, okonkwo, taiye taiwo and so on. I believe okocha was still playing for this country till he retired. To me all we need is experience and not just ability. I have spoken.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Theben(m): 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Uncapped players i would love Keshi to call up are

Kenny Otigba (Heerenveen, Netherlands)
Imoh Ezekiel (Standard Liege, Belgium)
Ramon Azeez (Aimeria, Spain)
Abdul Ajagun (Panatinaikos, Greece)

Onuoha can go to hell.

7 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by shurlar50(m): 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
what about llori, d Liverpool guy??

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 6:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
A lot of people say Ilori is too young to play at the World Cup, same thing they say about Iheanacho, it's all BS to me though. If someone is good, he's good. Neymar has 46 caps for Brazil and he's just 21
Jaytee1985: I wl go for ilori and onuoha

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by bionicdude(m): 6:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
bizibrain: I'm aware of dat,he wont play in brazil worldcup as well. Am hoping he could stil switch nationality just like Victor moses and shola ameobi.

I guess its already late 4 him 2 play 4 Nigeria in nxt year wc finals, because it took victor moses some years b4 he could switch nationality succesfully.
he cannot coz he has already been capped in competitive games
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Onuoha and aluko are the two i would take from this list but Onuoha snubbed Nigeria in the past so i'm not so keen on seeing him play for us.

troy20:

you cans till switch national teams if you were capped in a friendly or non-fifa approved official match

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by boss1310(m): 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
sone aluko played at u-20 world cup.it was the second and last stint for siasia as flying eagles coach.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by agho22(m): 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
If imoh ezekiel is not listed then it remains that keshi is biased!!! And there is sum1 none of u have heard of buh when u talk a creative mildfilder u can say he is the 1...he just switched 2 dancia fc of moldova from budapest honved of hungary his name is odia Henry

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by HoodKing: 6:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
troy20: Because our team lacks the required depth in quality expecially the midfield and defence.list the not-so-popular players in-form for their various clubs you feel stephen keshi should give a phone call.who knows keshi might just stumble on it.and even if he doesnt, it wouldnt be bad to know them.the world cup is only six months away.

I will simply want Thiago Ilori and Nedum Onuoha to be Given some chances to showcase their recent outstanding form cos our Defence linE in that team seriously needs re-inforcement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'I Want Argentina' - Neymar, As Brazil Goes Through To 2021 Copa América Final / Cristiano Ronaldo Pens Emotional Message As He Celebrates His 36th Birthday / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 2 Screamers To Win Al Nassr Match Vs Al Duhail (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.