Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (18821 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
I think Nigeria should use this transition period to find a great coach who can fit into our system.

I have issues with Keshi. Keshi is not tactically savvy. Yes, he has won us the Nation's Cup, but we shouldn't allow that to cloud our judgement. His team has no shape, his team lacks basic organization (they are all over the place). The commentators were even alarmed and made fun at how poorly organized we were. His substitutions and choices are mediocre (remember Reuben Gabriel for Onazi). What of his choices of players to the WC? How can an ambitious coach go to the World Cup without a bench? And yes, he sacrifices merit (remember Chigozie Agbim, etc). His awareness and proactiveness is low. France hounded us for all of 25 minutes before they scored without a reaction from Keshi. Save for Enyeama it would have been another tale. Lastly, Keshi has poor man-management skills.

I believe we had a bad World Cup. If the Ref had allowed Dzeko's goal maybe we wouldn't have qualified for the 2nd round. 1 draw, 1 ref assisted win, 2 losses and a bad team is not good enough 4 me. Keshi should not be rewarded for his mediocrity.

What's our vision for our team? Where are we going? These questions should inform our decisions not sympathy or emotional interest.

We house a quarter of all black people on earth. We are a giant. We are the hope of Africa. Let's raise our standards. Africa is looking up to us.

My submission

82 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dude, Keshi should stay.He has brought up young players, our problem @ d mundial was mainly inexperience.....any interferrence into wat keshi is building could be catastrophic or good but that is wat we dnt knw

28 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
Keshi is not behaving like a man who has learnt anything from his mistakes at the World Cup

35 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by tonytony208(m): 11:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
mikeansy: Keshi is not behaving like a man who has learnt anything from his mistakes at the World Cup

how is he not "behaving like a man who has learnt anything from his mistakes at the world cup" ?

By asking to be paid only 10% of what nff pay foreign coaches?

By demanding for non-interference from nff?

It is you who have not learnt anything from the quick hire and fire mistakes of the nff.

22 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 12:18am On Jul 13, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Dude, Keshi should stay.He has brought up young players, our problem @ d mundial was mainly inexperience.....any interferrence into wat keshi is building could be catastrophic or good but that is wat we dnt knw

Story. Who chose the inexperienced team? Friend the buck stops with Keshi, the Big Boss. Was expecting u to defend his tactical/technical competence.

14 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by tonytony208(m): 7:53am On Jul 13, 2014
DeeMain:

Story. Who chose the inexperienced team? Friend the buck stops with Keshi, the Big Boss. Was expecting u to defend his tactical/technical competence.

you pple keep on flogging this tactical/ technical competency issue. How did he beat CIV and Mali at NC? how did he beat Morocco at chan from 3 goals down? How will you describe musa's first and second goals against Argentina? So you think a tactically incompetent coach would have been able to bring that out of a team (i mean musa had never been a regular scorer for SE)? If you call his achievements mere luck, then it means you will go to any length to make his achievements look like nothing; a disgusting sign of pure hate.

Mr man a beg leave keshi alone. He has shown he is better than any other coach nigeria had ever employed aside westerhof and as a result, he deserves to be retained. What he needs is time and not your pullhimdown tactics and pitiably destructive criticism.

38 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Emmysteve(m): 9:51am On Jul 13, 2014
DeeMain:

MUMU you go and replace him na. Ediots keeps hating while Keshi keeps breaking new record. I am ready for any bastard that doesn't want Nigeria success.

11 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 13, 2014
tonytony208:

how is he not "behaving like a man who has learnt anything from his mistakes at the world cup" ?

By asking to be paid only 10% of what nff pay foreign coaches?

By demanding for non-interference from nff?

It is you who have not learnt anything from the quick hire and fire mistakes of the nff.

Stephen Keshi is asking for a pay rise after achieving what in Brazil if I may ask? We did not win any match convincingly in Brazil.

After the experience of taking the likes of Mohamed Gambo to confederation cup you will think Keshi has learnt not to experiment on players for the first time at major tournaments and I was one of those who championed that Keshi should be given a free hand.

Well Keshi was given a free hand and some key players in the afcon squad who also were part of the qualifiers were left out for new players!

Keshi's squad selection to the World Cup was reckless

Why did we list 8 defenders 6 off which are traditional center backs?

Why did Keshi take 5 midfielders, 2 regulars and 3 rookies. Ok Babatunde turned out alright but should we be testing players at the World Cup? Ramon Azeez was simply too nervous to be taken, Rueben had not played up to 10 competitive football for 2 years. These are facts Keshi could have established before camping and he did not require 3 weeks of camping to know these! Sunday Mba would have given us a back up to Babatunde at least but Uchebo was taken instead and when the time came Keshi was no longer confident to play Uchebo. Why were Igiebor and Ogude not in the squad at least?

These are the poor decisions which Keshi made ahead of Brazil. I for one will hope Keshi carry on for continuity and stability but he must eat the humble pie and accept that he made too many wrong decisions and did not do his homework well. This is not time for Keshi to bully everyone with talk about more money or terms and condition of his contract because he simply did not cover himself in glory at Brazil.

For god sake Onazi got injured and we had no credible response from the bench and that's the basic reason we lost to an average French side!

Keshi needs to calm down and learn his trade more and improve. And yes he is the most successful Nigerian coach as the records show I still don't believe that he is the best tactical coach we can produce at this moment! Filipe scolari is a World Cup winner and former Chelsea coach, is he more tactically sound than roberto Martinez at Everton? I will say no!

Sunday Oliseh may have no experience but he has a more tactical mind than Keshi.

I like what Keshi is doing encouraging home based players and giving the young ones a chance but major tournaments like the World Cup is not the place for 1st time experiments!
Except may be we have other agenda other than attempting to win the World Cup!

If Keshi can not calm down and do his job within the remits provided in his previous contract then he can move on let NFF appoint another Nigerian! What we learnt in Brazil is if you give Keshi a free hand he can become reckless.

59 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
mikeansy:

Stephen Keshi is asking for a pay rise after achieving what in Brazil if I may ask? We did not win any match convincingly in Brazil.

After the experience of taking the likes of Mohamed Gambo to confederation cup you will think Keshi has learnt not to experiment on players for the first time at major tournaments and I was one of those who championed that Keshi should be given a free hand.

Well Keshi was given a free hand and some key players in the afcon squad who also were part of the qualifiers were left out for new players!

Keshi's squad selection to the World Cup was reckless

Why did we list 8 defenders 6 off which are traditional center backs?

Why did Keshi take 5 midfielders, 2 regulars and 3 rookies. Ok Babatunde turned out alright but should we be testing players at the World Cup? Ramon Azeez was simply too nervous to be taken, Rueben had not played up to 10 competitive football for 2 years. These are facts Keshi could have established before camping and he did not require 3 weeks of camping to know these! Sunday Mba would have given us a back up to Babatunde at least but Uchebo was taken instead and when the time came Keshi was no longer confident to play Uchebo. Why were Igiebor and Ogude not in the squad at least?

These are the poor decisions which Keshi made ahead of Brazil. I for one will hope Keshi carry on for continuity and stability but he must eat the humble pie and accept that he made too many wrong decisions and did not do his homework well. This is not time for Keshi to bully everyone with talk about more money or terms and condition of his contract because he simply did not cover himself in glory at Brazil.

For god sake Onazi got injured and we had no credible response from the bench and that's the basic reason we lost to an average French side!

Keshi needs to calm down and learn his trade more and improve. And yes he is the most successful Nigerian coach as the records show I still don't believe that he is the best tactical coach we can produce at this moment! Filipe scolari is a World Cup winner and former Chelsea coach, is he more tactically sound than roberto Martinez at Everton? I will say no!

Sunday Oliseh may have no experience but he has a more tactical mind than Keshi.

I like what Keshi is doing encouraging home based players and giving the young ones a chance but major tournaments like the World Cup is not the place for 1st time experiments!
Except may be we have other agenda other than attempting to win the World Cup!

If Keshi can not calm down and do his job within the remits provided in his previous contract then he can move on let NFF appoint another Nigerian! What we learnt in Brazil is if you give Keshi a free hand he can become reckless.

Keshi's previous contract with the nff is choking. No coach likes to work under unfair conditions. And if he demands 10million he is only negotiating. He could still settle for 6 or 7 after the bargain.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Emmysteve: MUMU you go and replace him na. Ediots keeps hating while Keshi keeps breaking new record. I am ready for any bastard that doesn't want Nigeria success.

Let's be nice while we debate. It's only a debate and it's only a game. And heal your heart too while you are at it. There's a lot of pain there, you know.

33 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by coded01: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
make dem qiv Keshi him 10naira nah..........
Sebi we dey pay foreiqn coach m0re than dat nah grin

*Spit 0n thread* tongue undecided

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by drnairalov: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
i come to understand dat our Opinion doesnt count in football..the earlier U understand dese d better..stop giving urselves unnecessary headaches #shikenna!!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by crisycent: 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Go and Die
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Kenneth205(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lyk seriously!! Keshi should f*ck awt!
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by TearsOfTheSun(m): 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
angry angry angry
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
keshi should stay...d only best indigenous coach we av seen for a while....A PRIEST IS NOT VALUED IN HIS OWN(home)TOWN...make our thing dey good for our eyes...

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by sammieguze(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
I share your point
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by sohl7(m): 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Your Opinion is noted
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by mencade5(m): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
*peeps at topic*
*checks comments*
*mscheew*

*continues frying yam and eggs* tongue
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
keshi should stay.i fink continuity will help d team. instead of employing another coach who is gonna tell he wants to start rebuilding a team for the future when we re already in the future......

concerning tactics and team selection.....i fink he should go for refresher courses

my opinion
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Ossaifamous(m): 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
yes he should not be given ......
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ednut1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
hmm
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by tunshe: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Emmysteve: MUMU you go and replace him na. Ediots keeps hating while Keshi keeps breaking new record. I am ready for any bastard that doesn't want Nigeria success.

Hey! Calm down, make your points and let's learn from you.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Babyboy1986(m): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hmmm make i go come back b4 i go comment. smiley wink
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by slimfredo(m): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
dats good
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by mosmartini(m): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
What is Keshi feeling like? He should coach England if he's that good.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ijechikky(f): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
Clement Westerhof won the 1994 Nations cup and took the Super Eagles to the 2nd round of 16 at the 1994 world cup and our own local coach Stephen Keshi also achieved the same by winning the 2013 Nations cup and still took the super Eagles to the 2nd round of 16 at this years world cup...I think he deserves it and got 2stay..

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Babyboy1986(m): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Na so you they think?
ijechikky: Clement Westerhof won the 1994 Nations cup and took the Super Eagles to the 2nd round of 16 at the 1994 world cup and our own local coach Stephen Keshi also achieved the same by winning the 2013 Nations cup and still took the super Eagles to the 2nd round of 16 at this years world cup...I think he deserves it and got 2stay..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism / Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s / 2019 CAF Awards: Algeria Named African Men's National Team Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.