Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

How Mandela’s Daughters Learnt Of Death During Movie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Mandela’s Daughters Learnt Of Death During Movie (550 Views)

Buhari, Saraki At The Marriage Of Atiku's Daughters (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Mandela’s Daughters Learnt Of Death During Movie by Tittos: 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
As the premiere of the movie, Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom, opened in the Odeon auditorium in Leicester Square, London, his daughters Zindzi and Zenani, who were present, had no idea the how of their father, the subject of the movie was drawing to a close.

They smiled and posed for photographs on the red carpet and engaged the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Williams and wife, Kate Middleton, in conversations.

Speaking before the showing of the movie, Zindzi was quoted to have said her father “was fine.” “He’s 95 years old and he is pretty frail. We are hoping to see more of him,” she had said.

“(The film) is something that makes me feel really proud, what my family went through and the role my father played has been recognised. It is a reward (for him).”

But as they were about to watch the premiere, the sisters were told their father had passed on peacefully at home. Tears and momentary screams of sadness were heard before the two women left the cinema immediately but insisted the film should go on.

Prince Williams and his wife were told of Mandela’s death by an aide shortly before the end of the movie.
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/12/how-mandelas-daughters-learnt-of-death.html?m=1
Re: How Mandela’s Daughters Learnt Of Death During Movie by Tittos: 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Wouldn't want to hear of my father's death that way..

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: How Life And Death Of Mandela Has Affected Me As A Nigerian / The Evolution Of The Coca-cola / "I Did Not Say Goodluck Jonathan Is Nigeria's Mandela" - Doyin Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.