Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

»»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / »»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read (787 Views)

Troubled Series......the Best Romantic Story Of The Year / Diary Of A Troubled Cassanova / The Troubled Wind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

»»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read by astronautog(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
© astronautog
===============================
===
All rights reserved. No part of this Story may
be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system;
or transmitted in any form or by any means,
electronic, mechanical, photocopying,
recording, or otherwise, without the prior
permission of the Author.
=================
=================
Note:-
The story is simply fiction and any
resemblance whatsoever to persons or events
living or dead are surely coincidental.
=================
=================

© astro
Some of you may have read some of my works here on nairaland but this time I want to do something different!!

Chapter 1»memories«

I have been in danger,without a home food or water even been in prison.I do not want it to happen to any other kid,that's why I decided to share this with you.
Before you begin to think that I must be a bad kid to have been locked up,I must tell you that I was innocent same with other kids who where locked up!

The prison I talked about was a juvenile welfare centre.it was where kids where kept if they where lost.some where not old enough to speak well.some did not know their home adress or the name of their school.they did not know their parents contact adress or number.
In many cases when a 3 year old child was asked,"what is the name of your daddy?"He might say "papa tunde" or "darling" or simply "daddy".what's your mummy's name? "Mummy"he might answer.
Even such innocent children where locked up in a small cell with about ten other kids.boys and girls were kept in the same cells some times.
We were all between the ages of 3 to 16.
You sleep on the bare cold floor.
It is also the same place you do your toilet necessities in a big bucket.
Others may be watching you it doesn't really matter.it made me sad if I had to sit on the same bucket when someone had just finished using it!!
It made me want to throw up if I had to do it right. On top of that person's own.someone might be eating at that time,but it didn't seem to matter.
Before I continue my story let me tell you about myself.
My name is olatunji abamilayo.am 15 years old.am the only child of my father who is now late.my mother has gone off to marry another husband.
I don't remember much of life before the death of my father because I was only six years old when he died.but I remember that we lived in a bungalow.our house was the center of the world because people were always coming in and going out.I think it had to do with the kind of work my father did.
After the death of my father we left our house and went to live with my mothers mum!my mum shared a room with her sister.my auntie,funke.
I did not have a bed to myself as in our house.
I lived there with my mum till I finished primary school.
I went to live with my mothers brother uncle bola.when I got into secondary school.
Uncle bola's place was in surulere in lagos.
Life in his house was like prison.
I got out of bed at 6 o'clock in the morning.
I had my bath and did some house cleaning.I began in the kitchen and washed dishes .next,I swept auntie ronke's room.
Auntie ronke was the person my uncle wanted to marry.
She live with us.she only came to our house sometimes to spend a night or two.but her room was kept for her and I cleaned it daily.
After auntie ronkes room.I swept my uncle's room.
The only room I did not sweep was ruka's room.
She swept it herself.
My morning work ended with the dusting of the sitting room.
I did these things over and over again I felt like a clock!!
I think if a clock has a chance to complain,it would complain of over work!!
I was expected to finish work before 7:30 and my uncle drops me off at school on his way to work.I returned at 3 pm and is expected to read my book and do my home work till he returns by 6pm!
What hurts me the most is that I am never allowed to go out and play.
I really wanted to be free.I was tired of receiving orders so I made a plan.....
Re: »»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read by Gabriel6(m): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hey! Continue am following
Re: »»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read by GraceEzeh(f): 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
And what was d plan?
Re: »»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read by ifex370(m): 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2013
copied...

oya op,ride on
Re: »»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read by astronautog(m): 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
Chapter 2»escape from home«
My mind was set to acquire my freedom so I fixed monday as the deal day.
At last it was monday!I did not do anything to make uncle bola suspect me.I behaved normal and dressed up for school.he gave me money for lunch as he usually did.
"Be a good boy,ola"he said to me inside his car as we set out.
"If you don't disobey me I will buy you more things"
I was not intersted in what he was saying.He noticed it.
"What's on your mind ola?"He asked suddenly.
"Nothing,uncle."I replied
"Are you angry with me?"He asked again
I shook my head."No,"I said
"Okay,cheer up and smile if you are not angry with me,"
He waited for me to smile.I didn't.
"Ah"he said,"then,you are angry."
"I am not angry,"I said without a smile.
"There you go again ola,you are lying to me"
I kept queit
He looked at me and continued driving.
A long time passed.
When he spoke again I almost shed tears.
"Ola"he called,"do you know that I think you should now call me daddy not uncle?"
Daddy??I thought
"I think of you as my son.do you know why ronke and I are not yet married?"
He waited for a reply.my mind was made up to run away.I was not willing to be friendly with him.
"Please speak to me ola."Said he."I don't like your silence.do you know why we're not yet married?"
"No,uncle,"I said at last,"I don't know."
"Do you want to know?"
"Yes,uncle."
"It is because we don't have enough money to have another child.if we get married now ronke's parents would worry us to have children.if we do,there would be less for each of us ,we are hoping that in a few months time,we would have enough to make us enjoy better.we shall get married and you shall not suffer because of it.even if we have another child,the two of you will not suffer.I hope you know that auntie ronke loves you".
"Yes" I said truely I knew she loved me
"I wish I had a son of my own already,you will see that I will not treat him differently."He rubbed his hand over my head.
"Call me daddy,please".
I feared to speak because I knew I would cry
He waited a long while.he didn't get a reply.
"If you don't think am your daddy,its ok but please don't think I hate you."He said
We went silent for some time
"Why are you shedding tears?"
He asked suddenly,Tears?I touched my cheek and felt tears rolling down.
He brought out his hand towel and gave it to me.
I wiped my face
"Take it with you"he said
We where now in front of my school gate.he stopped.I opened the door of the car and came down.
He said "be a good boy at school my son"
I waved. And he waved back.
Then he drove off back into traffic.
I crossed the road away from the school and walked as far away as possible!now on another street,I didn't see any student or teacher the street was lonely!!
It now became clear to me that I had no plan for the day.I only wanted to get away from uncle bola.school and books are part of the trouble that uncle bola made for me.
I felt relieved knowing I was finally free!!but what next
Re: »»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read by Gabriel6(m): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nice story kip it up
Re: »»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read by astronautog(m): 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: »»THE TROUBLED Child««must Read by Gabriel6(m): 11:48am On Dec 21, 2013
U travel b4? Ni

(1) (Reply)

Understanding George Benard Shaw / I Need Hard Copies Or Soft Copies Of JAMES HADLEY CHASE / I Did It Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.