Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. (23543 Views)

Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / Pls Solution To Intermittent Spark On Battery Cable During Connection / 2007 Honda Eod Vs. Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by dandollar1: 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
Intermittent starting problem on an 2007 honda Accord Auto 4 cyl . Battery is new and all dash lights come on when key is turned to start and nothing happens no sound at all. Shake shift leaver or move from P to N and try staring again and most times starts immediately but sometimes you have to move shifter back and forth many times before it will start. Seemd to happen in spells initially,but it's becoming more frequent. Car starts strong when it does,so I'm thinking the starter might still be okay (might be wrong though). What could be wrong? I don't want to change starter and still have this issue.
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by dandollar1: 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
Bump
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by sultaan(m): 12:27am On Dec 08, 2013
dan_dollar: Intermittent starting problem on an 2007 honda Accord Auto 4 cyl . Battery is new and all dash lights come on when key is turned to start and nothing happens no sound at all. Shake shift leaver or move from P to N and try staring again and most times starts immediately but sometimes you have to move shifter back and forth many times before it will start. Seemd to happen in spells initially,but it's becoming more frequent. Car starts strong when it does,so I'm thinking the starter might still be okay (might be wrong though). What could be wrong? I don't want to change starter and still have this issue.

tighten your battery connection, a loose connector will cause that.
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by dandollar1: 12:40am On Dec 08, 2013
sultaan:

tighten your battery connection, a loose connector will cause that.
the battery connection is tight.the dashboard lights are always on and is as bright as it should be when this happens.I don't think it has to do with battery connections
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by sultaan(m): 12:58am On Dec 08, 2013
If you try to start once and its not working have someone get under the car and tap on the starter with hammer/wood as you turn the key, if it starts immediately. Means you need a new starter/solenoid
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by dandollar1: 10:46am On Dec 08, 2013
Initially when it started, each time it occured, my mechanic will just place his hand where the starter is and it would start immidiately.

The fact that I can always start by shifting the stick to neutral each time it occurs is confusing.I read somewhere that it could be the neutral safety switch that is faulty.what ever that is, I don't know.I just don't want to start changing parts unnecessarily.
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by RipVanWink: 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
its ur parking pawl...its getting weak, its not sitting properly............it tells the ecm that ur car is in park so it can start..as u know automatics dont start in any other gear apart from park...
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by cardoctor(m): 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
dan_dollar: Intermittent starting problem on an 2007 honda Accord Auto 4 cyl . Battery is new and all dash lights come on when key is turned to start and nothing happens no sound at all. Shake shift leaver or move from P to N and try staring again and most times starts immediately but sometimes you have to move shifter back and forth many times before it will start. Seemd to happen in spells initially,but it's becoming more frequent. Car starts strong when it does,so I'm thinking the starter might still be okay (might be wrong though). What could be wrong? I don't want to change starter and still have this issue.

Change your gear selector range switch. Better still, try another one on just to have a quick check. I have a feeling that it may be faulty.

Car-Doctor.

Re: Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by dandollar1: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
car-doctor:

Change your gear selector range switch. Better still, try another one on just to have a quick check. I have a feeling that it may be faulty.

Car-Doctor.
please where is this switch located on the transmission?is it the same as the neutral safety switch? Where can I get one to buy abeg.
Re: Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 03, 2014
bros good morning, please i want to know if the range switch solved your problem? where is it located in the car? i have a honda accord 2007 too. thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Car Concept For Kia: A Car With A Different Specs / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.