Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (109826 Views)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / What Dudu Osun Soap And African Shea Butter Can Do For Your Skin. / Usefulness Of Shear Butter(ori) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by cinammon(f): 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year y'all smiley jus thot to share my experience wit shea butter cool shocked ...in d bid to effortlessly maintain a flawless and beautiful skin,we ladies try our lucks on so many beauty enhancing products...I actually didn't mind how much I spent on my personal effects as long as I got what I wanted,lol,I was really coveteous when it came to topics like this cos I wud b d 1st to rush 4 dos products cheesy then came d down slide,I changed my body cream again nd I started noticing some rather awful stretch marks embarassed Gosh,I was really nt happy angry My silky ebony skin!?sad sad plus all d stories dat stretch marks cnt b removed totally,cn only b faded...I guess dat was what I needed 2 quench d 'demonic coveteousness' grin..then I decided to drop all nd went bac to vaseline and shea butter nd I did it religously,I stopped all d chemicals completely nd BAM! I got my flawless skin bac,it didn't happen over night tho cos I had to use it continously...all traces of d stretch marks gone(no wonder shea butter is called d tree of life) smiley..since then I made up my mind to stick to my natural suppliments.. wink smiley Am not into any promotion business what so ever,I jus felt this wud encourage beautiful ladies hu feel sad 4 dier skin disorders nd plunge into further destruction by usin more chemicals..naturally I like to stay healthy and I feed well(wit the right nutrients) so I had no doubt about getting back in shape..it only takes patience,u don't expect over night miracle buh it sure does work.... kiss kiss there are countless wonders shea butter can perform,u will love ur skin glow *hugs*

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by jennann(f): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nice post. So, how do you make the shea butter lighter in consistency for easy spreadability over the skin since it' s quite hard in the raw form?

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by cinammon(f): 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
Well actuallly,its not as hard jus dat it doesn't melt like other butters easily but once applied,it dissolves..u cud also apply it along sides vaseline or virgin olive oil ('annointing' oil smiley)and ther u go..u'l luv ur skin in gud time

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by lolaluv1(f): 2:12am On Jan 02, 2013
I've always heard about Ori, plus I have this dark-skinned friend of mine who's skin is really amazing off of it. She rubs it, uses it as her lip-gloss and stuff. And it's really wonderful on her. Another friend uses it on her babies butts before using pampers and she says they've never had a rash.

So I made my mum get me some, unrefined....

But in my case, it seriously didn't fit me. My skin started flaking and peeling (and as my friend described back then, like a lizard's) and I think I could have endured if I was shedding old skin but nah!, it wasn't just old skin. The whole surface of my body felt raw and irritated.

I would advise ladies to try it out. You may be one of the lucky ones compatible with Shea-butter and would get amazing results!

But one thing I can vouch would work for all is that: Ori literally makes boils disappear!!
A friend had this stubborn boil on his eye. It refused to dissolve or go down for weeks and when I remembered how my mum used to use it for us as kids for boils, I got some for him and before you knew it, it softened and dissolved.

I also massaged it on a scar when I was in an accident and had to get some stitches. But then, I also used snake oil on the scar so I can't say which was more effective of the two.

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Sugarbabekemi(f): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2013
Shea butter is good for the skin and hair but i stopped it recently cuz my face broke out afta a few weeks and i think its because i have an oily face bt my skin feels good with it, any suggestions on what to do cuz i'm really tired of all these chemicals.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Herbiorlah(f): 10:18am On Jan 02, 2013
can a fair in complexion person use shea butter? pls I want to know.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:29am On Jan 02, 2013
Herbiorlah: Can a fair in complexion person use shea butter? Please I want to know.

Yes you can. I use shea butter and I'm light skin.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2013
jennann: Nice post. So, how do you make the shea butter lighter in consistency for easy spreadability over the skin since it' s quite hard in the raw form?

Jennann,

That is how I use mine:
I put the shea butter in a plastic container then place it in a pot of water and boil. As the water boils, the heat melts the butter.

I use a mixture of natural oils on my body:Shea butter, Olive oil and Coconut oil. So, I add the remaining oils and bottle the mixture.

Doing that makes it easy to spread over the body. You can use any oil you like to "dilute" the melted butter.

Depending on the amount melted, the butter will settle and coagulate but not to the solid form. Once you shake it, it's ready to use.

If you melt it alone to turn it to liquid, it will revert to solid form again. So adding another oil will reduce the thickness even if it solidifies.

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:52am On Jan 02, 2013
Sugarbabe_kemi@,

I also have an oily face but still use it and my face agrees with it.

I'm thinking why don't you mix a small amount of liquid Shea butter with Olive oil and try using it on your face to see what happens?

You could try other natural oils depending on your taste.

4 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by joyceada: 8:49am On Jan 03, 2013
were can i get shea butter plz frnds

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by joyceada: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2013
hw mani wiks does it take a heal scars n plz were n hw can i get it plz frndz
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by cinammon(f): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
joyce ada: hw mani wiks does it take a heal scars n plz were n hw can i get it plz frndz

U cud get it in any local market (dependin on ur location) or jus ask around,its easy to find.its ori in yoruba,kadanya in hausa nd I think okwume in igbo, so ask d locals in ur area.u cud also try online buh its beta gotn 4rm d locals as dat is d surest source for unrefined shea butter..d unrefined nd pure it is,d faster its action...as 4 how long it takes,u cnt actually dictate dat cos skin types vary..I onced had a scar below my wrist 4rm a hot pot,it took abt 3wks or der abt to fade nd nw I cnt evn tell which hand in particular had d burn..in essence,u shudnt bother abt hw fast buh hw well as u will def luv d outcome..cheers

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by chacha3(f): 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
As for me I used it on my new born baby and noticed rashes over his body esp on his face,it was really bad I had to go and see a doctor so I stopped using the shea butter on him. Different strokes for different folks. I may try using it personally shaa.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by romanlaw(m): 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2013
Plz madam cinammon can it take care of my facial bumbs......i have this bumb that has bin disturbing me for a long while now. My doc says its from my skin and all medications has proved abortive.Thanks.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by gistme24(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
This Thread brings back the memories. Ori was something my mum never does without as she claims it cures most physical ailments, and it often does.
Thanks OP for reminding me of it. Calling her rit now to get me some .

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by pecopeco: 1:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
great
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by elelem(m): 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
How do you take care of shea butter odour?

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by moneyhungry(m): 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
romanlaw: Plz madam cinammon can it take care of my facial bumbs......i have this bumb that has bin disturbing me for a long while now. My doc says its from my skin and all medications has proved abortive.Thanks.
u mean shaving bumps?
did u try neo-medrol and bump-stopper2(double action) .

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Naommydammy(f): 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
lemme help bring to your knowledge that there are fake shea butter,so endeavour to get the original shea butter for effective work.

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
elelem: How do you take care of shea butter odour?
does it really have odour? The most important thing is the benefit on your skin.

I have been using okwoma(shea butter) on my skin for the past 3years.i also use it for my hair to treat dandruff.it is also good for kids as their cream.it doesn't cause sweat too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by leyinjuege(f): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Yes you can. I use shea butter and I'm light skin.

I was told it darkens the skin colour & therefore, unsuitable for light skin.....isn't this true? That was why I stopped using it but aside that, it's really great!
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by slimyem: 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
I have always used shea butter and castor oil both on my skin and hair and i have hardly seen any changes...and then i also have to deal with the smell.
Its not all that cool.undecided
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by romanlaw(m): 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
money-hungry :

u mean shaving bumps?
did u try neo-medrol and bump-stopper2(double action) .

Thanks, yes i mean shaving bumps: I'v tried neo-medrol but was adviced by the doc to stop cos it has after effect like : growth of white hairs and shrinkling of the chin. But i dont know of bump stopper.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
leyinjuege:

I was told it darkens the skin colour & therefore, unsuitable for light skin.....isn't this true? That was why I stopped using it but aside that, it's really great!
shea butter is good for all skin types.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by garnetty(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
Thanks OP....the natural value of shea butter can not be over-emphasised when it comes to skin treatment. But the greatest worry has always been how to deal with the odour. what other materials can be used with it to make the odour pleasant and un-offensive?.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by jimctu: 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
nice post!
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by tajulasblog(f): 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
cinammon: Happy new year y'all smiley jus thot to share my experience wit shea butter cool shocked ...in d bid to effortlessly maintain a flawless and beautiful skin,we ladies try our lucks on so many beauty enhancing products...I actually didn't mind how much I spent on my personal effects as long as I got what I wanted,lol,I was really coveteous when it came to topics like this cos I wud b d 1st to rush 4 dos products cheesy then came d down slide,I changed my body cream again nd I started noticing some rather awful stretch marks embarassed Gosh,I was really nt happy angry My silky ebony skin!?sad sad plus all d stories dat stretch marks cnt b removed totally,cn only b faded...I guess dat was what I needed 2 quench d 'demonic coveteousness' grin..then I decided to drop all nd went bac to vaseline and shea butter nd I did it religously,I stopped all d chemicals completely nd BAM! I got my flawless skin bac,it didn't happen over night tho cos I had to use it continously...all traces of d stretch marks gone(no wonder shea butter is called d tree of life) smiley..since then I made up my mind to stick to my natural suppliments.. wink smiley Am not into any promotion business what so ever,I jus felt this wud encourage beautiful ladies hu feel sad 4 dier skin disorders nd plunge into further destruction by usin more chemicals..naturally I like to stay healthy and I feed well(wit the right nutrients) so I had no doubt about getting back in shape..it only takes patience,u don't expect over night miracle buh it sure does work.... kiss kiss there are countless wonders shea butter can perform,u will love ur skin glow *hugs*

So true i had twins and hve no stretch marks what so ever on my body, due to my constant use of shea butter on my body. i can vouch 4it.
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by tajulasblog(f): 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
cinammon: Happy new year y'all smiley jus thot to share my experience wit shea butter cool shocked ...in d bid to effortlessly maintain a flawless and beautiful skin,we ladies try our lucks on so many beauty enhancing products...I actually didn't mind how much I spent on my personal effects as long as I got what I wanted,lol,I was really coveteous when it came to topics like this cos I wud b d 1st to rush 4 dos products cheesy then came d down slide,I changed my body cream again nd I started noticing some rather awful stretch marks embarassed Gosh,I was really nt happy angry My silky ebony skin!?sad sad plus all d stories dat stretch marks cnt b removed totally,cn only b faded...I guess dat was what I needed 2 quench d 'demonic coveteousness' grin..then I decided to drop all nd went bac to vaseline and shea butter nd I did it religously,I stopped all d chemicals completely nd BAM! I got my flawless skin bac,it didn't happen over night tho cos I had to use it continously...all traces of d stretch marks gone(no wonder shea butter is called d tree of life) smiley..since then I made up my mind to stick to my natural suppliments.. wink smiley Am not into any promotion business what so ever,I jus felt this wud encourage beautiful ladies hu feel sad 4 dier skin disorders nd plunge into further destruction by usin more chemicals..naturally I like to stay healthy and I feed well(wit the right nutrients) so I had no doubt about getting back in shape..it only takes patience,u don't expect over night miracle buh it sure does work.... kiss kiss there are countless wonders shea butter can perform,u will love ur skin glow *hugs*

So true i had twins and hve no stretch marks what so ever on my body, due to my constant use of shea butter on my body. i can vouch 4it.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by watchindelta(m): 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
pls does ladies that shea butter is working for, can i see ur pictures here to comfirm ur shining beautify faces? I like fineness oh!
Re: The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) by tajulasblog(f): 2:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
jennann: Nice post. So, how do you make the shea butter lighter in consistency for easy spreadability over the skin since it' s quite hard in the raw form?
What i do is use my finger to break it up and mix well in my palm and smoothen it before i rub my palms together and spread all over my body. Be generous wit it dnt use sparingly u wld b amazed at the results

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

German Man Pays £6,000 To Have His Ears Removed So His Head Looks Like A Skull / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Semi-final / Beautiful Pictures Of Wedding / Engagement Rings! Come In:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.