Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) (32632 Views)

Burning Bus At Toll Gate 7up Going To BERGER / LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal / Cotonou Car Market Vs Berger Lagos Car Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by ayobase(m): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
No accident should be termed "minor" though, but I tend to see this as "no life claiming accident" due to the nature of circumstances surrounding the vehicles involved. The 7up truck looks calm there, while others ran into it!

When its night, don't assume you know the road too well. There might be a vehicled parked in the middle of the road which could result into losing control!
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
Ya Allah!!!
Oh Allah Guide us from all evil
this is serious more dn 8 cars oh
...anyday d road wants blood we wont be on our wheels...
and I drive past dt road steady
dis is painfull cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by GetGuide: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
This is a serious one oo
Lord have mercy

all these truck drivers, naa wa for them
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by kolidave: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
Two accidents happened on that express road. there were loss of lives property and body parts,the one that pained me most is that of a woman who died buh her baby was left unhurt. There's was one who I think was coming back from her wedding or so and had that accident buh she was unharmed. There were some that there legs were hooked and pinned in the car buh couldn't get out. Its just a pity. I live by the estate beside that express road and That road takes a lot of lives every year especially at this time of the year. I believe the express way is possessed,evil hands are on that express way. God save us all
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Influence01: 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
Wow These people left their house as we do leave ours but they were just not lucky #team God save us#
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by mrofficial(m): 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
chaircover: May God continue to protect us all.

Hopefully no life was lost

OP next time please cover up car registrations. You dont want someone dying from shock from suddenly seeing the car of a loved one in a serious accident like this, especially as you haven't said that everyone survived.

Sorry for not detailing. I got annoyed with the first comment.

No life was lost! As I went back there in the morning, I saw the owner of the camry (tiny lights) who explained how everything happened that it was the 7up truck that caused it due to brake failure, around 10pm.

The other accident that happened in the afternoon just ahead (on the bridge) was said to have claimed lives. Decided not to upload the pictures before they start insulting me instead of talking about the solution to the accident which often happens around that part of the express.
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
After una go say na bad road!Dis is a clear case of overspeeding!!!!
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by mazizitonene(m): 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
Lionbite:
no its your papa that sounds like a goat....... Look at the pictures very well, do you see any body or corpse? The guy probably arrived some hours after the accident
Don't mind those lunatics
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by BUSHHUNTER: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
THE Only thinG Those foolz care abt Is to make FrontPage but if is ur One of ur Family Member am very sure they will be no SNAPPING AND they will be No POSTING of VIctimz....................

Ignorants Pls save Life FIRST!!!
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by WebSurfer(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
bebe2: Guys pls take extra care dis season unfortunately its inevitable many pple will lose their lives this December no amount of prayers can stop it.

Only due care and diligence can make a difference. embarassed embarassed
y do you think prayers cannot stop accidents
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
Dis is a terrible sight! 8cars lost. The main cause of accident on our roads is because of trailers and trucks. These trailer-drivers feel they control the road, they drive in the middle of the road. The small car-drivers will try to swerve so as to overtake these men, but unfortunately, this is what happens... Accident.

More lanes should be created for trailers only, because these trailers not only cause accidents but hold-up. This holdups are very annoying, making you travel for hours. If more lanes cannot be created, more routes should be made for our trains to convey these goods.

We are losing lives everyday and thousands every year. God should redirect our hearts for development.
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Elizabethoni(f): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
mr.official:
We were coming from a show when I managed to take the picture as it was late night. I'll go back there early this morning to get more clear shots.

The accident involves one 7up company lorry and over 8 cars. Earlier on, there was an accident that involved a truck that fell, a tiny light Toyota camry, 2004-2006 Toyota camry and one other truck.

No life was lost! As I went back there in the morning, I saw the owner of the camry (tiny lights) who explained how everything happened that it was the 7up truck that caused it due to brake failure, around 10pm.

The other accident that happened in the afternoon just ahead (on the bridge) was said to have claimed lives. Decided not to upload the pictures before they start insulting me instead of talking about the solution to the accident which often happens around that part of the express.

-----------------

Just so u know, I wasn't there when it happened.

Hmmmm....from that spot downn to otedola estate axis then towards dat berger is evil possessed! May God not let us fall into the durgeon of the enemy in Jesus' name. Pastors/Imams need to pray for that route....its getting too much...
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by mrofficial(m): 6:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
Castos: Last three months, I was in Asaba one early sunday morning on a fresh accident site. Can you imaging that while we were running here and there, some people where busy snapping while the victims were still in the badly damaged car. What has the media done to Nigerians that we can't just help first other than to snap for the sake of our blogs or Nairaland. It's very bad and this issue must be properly addressed. @OP, I believe you could have saved a life that night yet, your were more interested on making frontpage on Nairaland.

It happened around 10pm. Saw it 3am. I had to stop because I thought it just happened so as to help the victims. I glanced and realised it didn't just happen. You fit stop for highway 3am with trucks honking?

1 Like

Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by mondi2: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
may God save people that will be travelling during this Christmas & new year season

1 Like

Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
choi! see cramping! aboki!!! condemned motor parts day here! hope nobody die??! sad
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by LadyH(f): 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
Castos: Last three months, I was in Asaba one early sunday morning on a fresh accident site. Can you imaging that while we were running here and there, some people where busy snapping while the victims were still in the badly damaged car. What has the media done to Nigerians that we can't just help first other than to snap for the sake of our blogs or Nairaland. It's very bad and this issue must be properly addressed. @OP, I believe you could have saved a life that night yet, your were more interested on making frontpage on Nairaland.
where in asaba did d accident take place?
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by LadyH(f): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
hmmm.... Na wa
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Pukkah: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
chaircover: I wonder why there are so many accidents along that stretch of road. I dont know if it is the gradient of the road or drivers increasing speed at what they consider the start of the expressway.

I hope someone somewhere is looking into it.

Your observations are right.

Many drivers are reckless and the gradient of the stretch does not help matters. There are no road markings and the place is not lit at night. The location of the Mobil filling station, which makes motorists turn off and into the express right before the slope, may also be a contributory factor.

I doubt if anyone is looking into it. If they were, something should have been done after the major accident that took over 40 lives around 2010.

kolidave: I live by the estate beside that express road and That road takes a lot of lives every year especially at this time of the year. I believe the express way is possessed,evil hands are on that express way. God save us all

Elizabethoni:

Hmmmm....from that spot downn to otedola estate axis then towards dat berger is evil possessed! May God not let us fall into the durgeon of the enemy in Jesus' name. Pastors/Imams need to pray for that route....its getting too much...

Your belief about the express being possessed is far fetched.

So many things are responsible for the accidents. In addition to the factors earlier identified, look at the motorists, state of the road and the type and condition of the vehicles.

Consider the FRSC check point and the hordes of people that cross the express at Berger Bus stop. Throw the several hawkers into the mix. Don't forget the numerous trucks bearing containers and fuel tanks. Don't forget the potholes that motorists dodge.

All these make the stretch between Alausa and Berger to be dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Pukkah: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
WebSurfer: y do you think prayers cannot stop accidents

Why do you think Nigeria has one of the highest rate of road accidents in the world?

How have some countries brought road accident rates to very negligible rates? With prayers?

What is it they are doing that we are not doing? Praying?

I even think the one thing that's not in short supply on Nigerian roads is prayers.
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Onyenna(m): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
oloriooko:

Am shocked that all you had in mind was to go back and get clear shot
What did you do to report or par adventure save lives at the scene. All you had in mind was, 'If I could just get to post maybe I will make the fp", what is this world turning into?

Did you bother reading the whole post!? If Yes then you should have SEEN that last line..... The OP said he wasn't there when it happened! He made it extremely clear in simple English

OP DIDN'T MEET THE VICTIMS THERE
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by yungzed360(m): 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
MAY GOD HELP THEM
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Polio: 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
Dang!

Several cars here i swear, doesn't look like there are casualties though ... or am i missing something?!
Re: Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) by Osama10(m): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
We all need to be very careful this festive season.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 1936 Bugatti Type 57sc: Is This The Most Beautiful Car In The World? / Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria / "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.