Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG (1097 Views)

Modu Sheriff Will Work For Us In APC – Governor Of Kano / GEJ's Speeches Used Against Him In APC Sponsored Newspaper Adverts / Picture Of A Woman Clad In APC'S T-SHIRT And PDP'S Wrapper! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by oduaboy1: 8:12am On Dec 08, 2013
The Federal Government has criticised the views of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), saying the party members are opportunists who wish the action lingers till 2015 in order for them to capitalize on it to win 2015 election.
FG says it is unfortunate that the APC is not offering any new alternative to Nigerians but rather is busy playing politics with the strike action embarked upon by the union, which has kept students at home for over 5 months.
This has been stated by the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, in Abuja on December 6, 2013, Friday.
The Minister pointed out that "apart from gang ups and wrestle for power, APC lack focus adding that political rebels from PDP has taken over APC".
"The APC is now hanging on in this strike, pretending to be supporting the lecturers so that the strike will linger till 2015 so that they capitalize on it to win election. This is very sad. They should offer us alternative policies. An opposition party should be offer new alternative for the nation. APC is now becoming A-PDP-C. Meaning that the rebels in PDP have taken over the party.
"What you now have is the original PDP versus APC-PDP. You can't say everything is bad in PDP and you allow people from PDP to join your party. So what is the new thing they are offering Nigerians? Not in policy, not in focus," the Minister of Information stated.
He further added that ASUU went into the strike out of conviction to solve the problem facing the universities, but opportunists want to take advantage of the strike and called on ASUU to call off the strike in the interest of the nation and students.
http://m.naij.com/news/53846.html
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by ayamAJ(m): 8:14am On Dec 08, 2013
Fools instead of finding solution to d on going strike u re busy pointing fingers to opposition party

2 Likes

Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Prowizy2(m): 8:15am On Dec 08, 2013
Not surprised
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by 9jii(m): 8:30am On Dec 08, 2013
Its the opportunity they see and have take and use it because of the govt cluelessness.
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Zakkyoz: 8:31am On Dec 08, 2013
When will these people stop politicising their inefficiency?
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by unmask: 8:32am On Dec 08, 2013
Good if apc wants to make the strike last till next year, then shame apc by accepting all ASUU's demands.....it's funny how these FG stooges always blame apc over things they could do easily......is it so hard for them to figure out? If apc says you cant produce drinking water......produce drinking water.......if they accuse you of corruption show them you are transparent...... Evrything is either "the opposition is sabotaging" or "it is an act of God"

2 Likes

Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by egift(m): 8:38am On Dec 08, 2013
Sign the agreement you untrusted regime.
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by KillMoves: 8:41am On Dec 08, 2013
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by edababa007(m): 8:42am On Dec 08, 2013
Jona and his drunken cabinet always looking for who to blame for their inefficiency...na APC sign agreement with ASUU in 2009? Abi na APC be CBN dt will release funds? Maku, u re a big fool

1 Like

Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by anselm791(m): 8:53am On Dec 08, 2013
It is also in your interest to end the damn thing by any means necessary, cause personally I won't forget this 'interests' come 2015. Let the best interestor win!
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Wsdm: 8:56am On Dec 08, 2013
egift: Sign the agreenment you untrusted regime.
...honestly, for goodness sake. Why are they refusing to sign this agreement? Jonathan and his co travellers are behaving beyond the IQ level. What a shame!
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 08, 2013
These PDP folks talk often without thinking....just like the rats they've unleashed on this forum.

Maku :
They should offer us alternative policies. An opposition party should be offer new alternative for the nation.

The APC should do your job....that of your countless and numerous advisers that on government payrol?

1 Like

Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:12am On Dec 08, 2013
Despite all pdp shortcomings, apc doesnt look like the right kinda party to give us the rightful changes we've been clamouring for.
We are really stuck between the devil and the deep see.
As for ASUU, they've lost their credibility and its jst a matter of time before they sink themself into oblivion judging by the look of things.

4 Likes

Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by justhelp(m): 9:21am On Dec 08, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
Despite all pdp shortcomings, apc doesnt look like the right kinda party to give us the the rightful change we've been clamouring for.
We are really stuck between the devil and the deep see.
As for ASUU, they've lost their credibility and its jst a matter of time before they sink themself into oblivion judging by the look of things.
sick brain
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by victorjam(m): 9:28am On Dec 08, 2013
Mr. GEJ in as much as i like and respect ur person and would like to re elect u in 2015, i dont like u blaming odas for ur mistakes. U signed an agreement u forgot to implement and some1 is taking advantage of it. Its nt APC's fault, its urs yours. Inside of talkin abt who wants d strike to linger and who dont. Try to fix ur mess and in 2014, who knws ASUU might sing ur name in appreciation.
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2013
Dear Mr. Maku!

The previous I checked, the NTA studio themes and background and programmes are outdated and archaic.

They don't match with the contemporary trending standards...

Their programmes are awkward.

All these under ur watch. Until you do something tangible about that, kind shut up.
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2013
justhelp: sick brain
ur parents and i have that in common.
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by DahomeyAmazon(f): 9:52am On Dec 08, 2013
emmy-richie:
Dear Mr. Maku!

The previous I checked, the NTA studio themes and background and programmes are outdated and archaic.

All these under ur watch. Until you do something tangible about that, kind shut up.
You dey mind the starched up mofo
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by eluquenson(m): 9:55am On Dec 08, 2013
May be undecided
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Adurangba(f): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2013
These NairaLand moderators are extremely partisan. I made a comment contrary to the trend of blaming the FG about this strike, but the silly mofo deleted it and left every other comment that is anti government. Mofo.
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by AjaraEwuro: 9:58am On Dec 08, 2013
Adura_ngba: These NairaLand moderators are extremely partisan. I made a comment contrary to the trend of blaming the FG about this strike, but the silly mofo deleted it and left every other comment that is anti government. Mofo.

Na now you they know?
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by 1025: 10:16am On Dec 08, 2013
no wonder pdp and this their jungle govt was hell bent in refusing apc registeration. the fear of apc is the beginning of wisdom to pdp. subsidy scam-apc, boko haram-apc, patience jonathan snatch microphone from amaechi - apc, the nigerian gov forum chairman election - apc, oil theft -apc, patience health issues - apc, jonathan N1B food - apc.

this apc na waa.
if apc is controlling the country from outside aso rock, why can't we let them into aso rock come 2015 and see what they have for us?
in democracy, opposition parties are officially recognised as they serve as the watchdog on the govt in power.
we saw how the opposition parties jumped into the case of oshomole and the widow but as a very intelligent man, he was quick to right his wrong rather than blaming oppositions.
pdp does not show intelligence in what they do. how can u sign a document in 2009 only to come in 2013 to argue it again. if this govt is an individual, the jail term will not be a small one.
i have my biggest problems with those who surround this president as advisers. they are trained lairs who cannot be trusted at any point in time.

2 Likes

Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Olugbenger(m): 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
emmy-richie:
Dear Mr. Maku!

Thank you.
grin grin grin grin
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by Mustay(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
I listened to Maku making this statement and was smh. . . why do they pay attention to APC Let your work speak for itself. This government has been playing propaganda games in the media and now, APC. It was the same government that called the strike 'political' - during OBJ and UMYA's tenure, did they blame ANPP, AD or another party

You're running the government - if bad news about your tenure will make good news for the opposition, then simply turn things round. Blaming APC is simply lame and a cheeky way of avoiding resonsibilities; moreover, APC is not in all states neither do they own all public schools. I'm sick and tired of this our mentality of looking for others to blame rather than doing what we ought to!!! Phew
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by OreMI22: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
yes.... grin
Re: It Is In Apc's Interests That ASUU Strike Last Till 2015-FG by justhelp(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:

ur parents and i have that in common.
that is why i said you are sick cos you are a compound fool

(1) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Joins Politics, Set To Contest Under Labour Party In 2015 / Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles / Good News, Oyo State: Alao-akala Rice Has Landed! [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.