Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively (1841 Views)

When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? / Is It A Sin To Leave Church Before The Pastor Exit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively by 4tunebest(f): 8:18am On Dec 08, 2013
I believe God has been speaking to me on the need to join a group in church, but 'am finding it hard to do 'cos 'am an introvert sort of. I do not like being noticed any where I find myself. He kind of directed me on the group to join, but it doesnt make the decision any easier for me. I have always had the burden in my heart to serve God and work for Him, but must I be a worker in church to do that? Please I need Mature responses from spirit filled christians. Thank you
Re: Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively by unmask: 8:31am On Dec 08, 2013
Thats what most of these churches will tell you.....their two most popular questions are..1) are you born again 2) are you a church worker......
But in reality God doesn't care about all the frivolities of church work.....he doesnt care if the walls are ardorned with the best silk or the speakers are blasting to full capacity......he doesnt care if there is security at the car park or if there is an usher that arranges the seat........if you want to work for God (which doesn't translate to working in church) go out and win as much souls as you can for the kingdom of God (aka the GREAT COMMISSION)

2 Likes

Re: Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively by redcliff: 9:13am On Dec 08, 2013
unmask: Thats what most of these churches will tell you.....their two most popular questions are..1) are you born again 2) are you a church worker......
But in reality God doesn't care about all the frivolities of church work.....he doesnt care if the walls are ardorned with the best silk or the speakers are blasting to full capacity......he doesnt care if there is security at the car park or if there is an usher that arranges the seat........if you want to work for God (which doesn't translate to working in church) go out and win as much souls as you can for the kingdom of God (aka the GREAT COMMISSION)

I dont have the strength to challenge you on the bolded but it is wrong. God cares about how his house is adorned. Is it God that would come down by him self to arrange the seats? The lord likes orderliness. Unarranged church seats are unorderly. Even to us humans, we like orderliness not to talk of the one who created us.

1 Corinthians 14:40
But all things should be done decently and in order.

1 Like

Re: Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively by tuns2s: 10:07am On Dec 08, 2013
I find myself in the same position... But to be sincere, we don't have to take the work of God with levity hands... Spreading the gospel is one part and the other, is by organising the House of God(The Ministry of Christ) in which everyone must be a partaker. Even Ministers of God always have their quota too. All these contribute to the absolute love that Christ is driving us at. It is another ways of giving out ur title and offering to the Lord. So, if you really want serve the Lord, serve wholeheartedly...
Re: Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively by 4tunebest(f): 11:56am On Dec 08, 2013
No one has given a specific answer apart from the first reply
Re: Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively by nora544: 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
No you don't need to work in the church.

What is when you look for an orphanage close to you where you can help, that is also what God want from us help the poor and needed, that show also that you give your time to this people and this work God love more than when you work for one of this fake churches in Nigeria.

Not every body must be a church worker sorry but this comes from this new churches.
Re: Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively by made2fit(f): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
@ OP, u said God has been speaking to you to join a church group. You also said he told u d group to join. so my question to you is: why are u seeking men's approval. Why can't u just obey your Lord?
Re: Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively by spencerwilliams(m): 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
Wat i know is dat every tru child of God can nt b comfotable doin notin in church,but i don't tink its a garanti 4 makin heaven,but 4 d fact dat u said d lord has bein presin it in ur heart 2 join d workforce, i tink u hv 2 obey because it might hinda ur heavenly race,because its disobedienc,cos God has plac dat potential in u so he knows why he gave u dos potentials,and rememba resistance nd excuses is even a more obvious evidenc dat u h'v got wat it takes 2 function effectively,rememba wat jeremiah said wen God called him,he gave excuses nd at d end wat was d outcome of jeremiah,he was even d mouthpiec of God,so u don't hv 2 resist d call.OBEY HIS VOICE.
Re: Must One Be A Worker In Church Before One Can Serve God Effectively by Alwaystrue(f): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
4tunebest: I believe God has been speaking to me on the need to join a group in church... He kind of directed me on the group to join, but it doesnt make the decision any easier for me.
You know the answer to what you are asking already as bolded. You said God is even kinda directing you yet you are spending time asking from man. I will advice you to go to the throne of Grace to obtain Mercy and Grace to help you in this time of need.
What you need is the enabling grace of God to carry out what He has led you to do.

(1) (Reply)

Frequency Of Tithing Was Yearly Not Monthly / The Chosen Daily Devotional July-sept 2016 / Nairaland Theists , Can You Prove That Theism Is Not Illogical ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.