Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. (28838 Views)

$9.3m Deal: Northern Muslims Accuse FG Of Cover-up / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims / Northern Muslims Demand N105bn Compensation From FG For Genocide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by TechWalker007: 9:45am On Dec 09, 2013
Afam4eva: I used to think like the professor but not anymore. I don't think the problem is Religion but poverty and illiteracy. Poor and illiterate people always use something as a guise to keep themselves at their comfort zone.

Afam, if you have lived in the North you would've known religion is the main problem in the North.
That is the very reason for their poverty.
Their leaders enjoy and feed off it.

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Mayydayy(m): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2013
oga.ds thing nobi Ribadu or Sanusi problem.Ds s a nigeria problem.corruption reigns supreme above any individual or a few collective achievement.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2013
i read some comments here and i started laughing in swahili
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by surecan: 9:49am On Dec 09, 2013
North is holding Nigeria ransom and they must account for all this their useless mess very soon

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by chucky234(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2013
You cant eat your cake and have it, northerners has made wrestling power back from SS/SW/SE in 2015 their top priority at the expense of well-being of their people.
The elites chose to pump hundreds of millions into sponsoring terrorist groups instead of putting such money into developing the states, its sickening and disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by truefact: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2013
malc619: The foolish Prof blames Islam for the backwardness of the North, then I wonder if he'll blame Christianity for the under-development and large scale poverty and illiteracy in Bayelsa state...

No, he is not, rather He still blame thesame Islam and North for the backwardness of Bayelsa.

Have you heard of Petroleum Bill? It's still been block, withhold, unapproved by thesame North.

Do know the North sees the Bayelsans as their conquered slaves?

Do you know the North took over the wealth of the Bayelsans?

My guy, the same North that caused North to be backward is thesame North that caused Bayelsa to be backward...

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Bizibi(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide:

Jonathan's ass licker.

I don tell una before, toh ba ragba fun yin, koni fun yin ni shop mehn!!!!

Im not Yoruba when I'm objective. I'm a northerner when I dont support hypocrisy. E don be for un head walahi!!

Una go cry Shikena.WHR in the north?

Show us that your cave in east is developed than the north. Face front jor didirin!!
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by paschalndidi(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2013
malc619: The foolish Prof blames Islam for the backwardness of the North, then I wonder if he'll blame Christianity for the under-development and large scale poverty and illiteracy in Bayelsa state...
Its obvious you dont understand English language in the morning. Read what the prof said very well. You want kill him because he mentioned Islam, raise your cutlass after that's what you ve been doing all these years. You called him foolish, maybe you re in primary one and dont know what it takes to be a professor

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 09, 2013
Whats he doing in canada he should be in Nigeria helping ...We have a collective problem of backwardness due to bad,cruel leadership ..the brand of islam or xtainity we practice is not the problem. El rufai,sanusi were never governors in the north but served at federal level.this man has no knowledge of Nigeria
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by truefact: 9:55am On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide: [size=19pt] Hypocrites will ignore than non development, illiteracy, lack of infrastructure and many social ills are nationwide but will be quick to beam the light on the North and Muslims! cure your ignornce people[/size]

Do you know the North sit on the wealth of the "Nationwide"?

Northern Islam = retrogression

You are simply the "Hypocrites here

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by donstein(m): 9:56am On Dec 09, 2013
Each time issues are laid facturely, it seriously amaze's me wen people u think should put sentiment aside and look critically and commend a carefully thought and unbaise ideology; a mess of disturbing position will b taking by some one you think after going through formal EDUCATION should rzon better.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by paschalndidi(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2013
sincerenigerian:

The Professor did not blame Islam for the backwardness in the North. As a matter of fact, the Professor praised Islam. Read the write-up again but read it slowly the second time.
Dont mind him jari.
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by ayusco85(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2013
Food for thought for northern muslims. That's if their cotton wool blocked ears will listen and, and the daft brains heed.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Cubeet: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2013
Nigeria without the North would have been great

4 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by surecan: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2013
Norths dont think about any other thing than leadership position so that they will keep on milking the whole nation without rendering any account and they forgot that today is different from yesterday, every body must reject northern colonialism, if they don't like it they should go and rule them self, no body is ready for their nonsense any more

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by truefact: 10:02am On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide: He forgot to ask what brand of Christianity is being practiced in states like Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Cross er, Anambra, Imo, Aba that is not being practiced in USA, Venezuela, Norway, Sweden, Canada etc..

I hate hypocrisy with disgust! This prof sits his dumb asss in Canada and have the guts to talk?

Mehn shut up professor!! Let's see what brand of Christianity is being practiced in East West and South of the country that is not practiced in USA, Sweden, Norway, Venezuela etc..

Fuckiing paid hack talking like he is an intellectual. Granted that Sanusi is just a too fanatical to embrace modernity which may topple his chances of emir or whatever, Sanusi has contributed to Nigeria more than this loud mouthed fake intellectual prof. Who da fuk is he?

A prof in English? lmao!!!! Negro please!! The problem is nation wide and the iddiotic prof is suppose to ask what brand of Xtianity and Islam re Nigerians practicing that is not practiced elsewhere in the world. He didnt mention Yoruba Muslim states and others.

If he is so smart, why are his ideologies not reflected in Nigerian society? Oh yeah bittchh nigga took the easy way out and became a Canadian instead of fighting for change in Nigeria.

We don't need your opinion prof, stay in Canada and die a foreigner! foool

You are being senile here,

How can such Prof make a contribution when so called North won't accept it or listen?
Do you know why the Petroleum Bill is yet to be passed?
Will your North allow meaningful people to make meaningful contribution?

Well, let me tell you, the Xtain are backward because of your called Islam North.
Perhaps, you should know the Xtains are more or less a slaves who have no contribution in the Nigerian equation. Until you begin to reason rationally and articulately, you would always rant and comment rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Edygrin(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2013
Nightshift: It's not just a northern problem, but a reflective indictment of Nigeria's elites. The backwardness might be more visible in the North, but where is Dubai, Abu- Dabi or Riyadh in our southern oil cities of Port Harcourt, Uyo and Warri?
We have been lacking pragmatic political leaders in Nigeria since independence, especially at the centre.
When you go to uyo, you will realise that you are still living in the past

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by jitela: 10:04am On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide: He forgot to ask what brand of Christianity is being practiced in states like Ebonyi, Bayelsa, Cross er, Anambra, Imo, Aba that is not being practiced in USA, Venezuela, Norway, Sweden, Canada etc..

I hate hypocrisy with disgust! This prof sits his dumb asss in Canada and have the guts to talk?

Mehn shut up professor!! Let's see what brand of Christianity is being practiced in East West and South of the country that is not practiced in USA, Sweden, Norway, Venezuela etc..

Fuckiing paid hack talking like he is an intellectual. Granted that Sanusi is just a too fanatical to embrace modernity which may topple his chances of emir or whatever, Sanusi has contributed to Nigeria more than this loud mouthed fake intellectual prof. Who da fuk is he?

A prof in English? lmao!!!! Negro please!! The problem is nation wide and the iddiotic prof is suppose to ask what brand of Xtianity and Islam re Nigerians practicing that is not practiced elsewhere in the world. He didnt mention Yoruba Muslim states and others.

If he is so smart, why are his ideologies not reflected in Nigerian society? Oh yeah bittchh nigga took the easy way out and became a Canadian instead of fighting for change in Nigeria.

now i know people don't like the truth.....

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Bizibi(m): 10:06am On Dec 09, 2013
truefact:

Do you know the North sit on the wealth of the "Nationwide"?

Northern Islam = retrogression

You are simply the "Hypocrites here
sits on the wealth but cannot move forward but prefers to stay stagnant while the leaders keep deceiving the people every day,the youth in that region need to wake up fast

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by truefact: 10:09am On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide:

Negro please!! Cure your Ignorance! The best hospital in Nigeria is still in the North!

The problem question that the hypocritical prof asked is for the whole country but hypocrites like you out of religious bias will ignore truth.

Is east now more developed than the North?

Tell me, is eastern Nigeria more developed than the North? Is southern Nigeria more developed than the north?

Cure your ignorance mehn!! I will never reply or quote you again on NL. bye bye~!!

East is not more develop than North, but I bet you if the East has at their disposal the kind of wealth, the North has, East would be heaven on Earth.

The East has nothing in the Nigeria Equation, yet the East is not lacking behind in anything. The East lost "EVERYTHING" yet they managed to come back, and still challenge the Status quo.

The South is not any better either, mind you the wealth of the South is in the hand of North, nothing to show for it.

My guy, think and think again, can you imagine what they South would be when the wealth of the North and that of South in their hands...that's what the North had and has, yet nothing to show, but poverty.

7 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by bigtudu(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2013
Corruption begot lack of vision,
lack of vision begot underdevelopment
Ibb, buhari, obj , abusalami, shagari,gej n all gov. N lga chairmen has case to auswer.
Not excudin senators house of rep. Members n state house of assembly member.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by vislabraye(m): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2013

What are you thinking ? He never blamed Islam, he rather praised other Islamic Nations for their development as a proof that Islam is not against modernization.
For instance in those Moslem nations he mentioned, have you heard of suicide bombers, terrorist upsurge or Boko Haram insurgence ? Bin Laden who is from Saudi Arabia was driven away from his country because of his radical beliefs.
Yes, I expect you to talk about other states in Nigeria as not being better.
But I must remind you that the violence in the North is the bane to civilization.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by AJdDon: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2013
is dis suppose to b abt dose persons or d Leadership of d region?
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by truefact: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2013
fiizznation: . The north has it challenges and yet u swines come into the north in ur thousands everyday. Mehn some pple r plain st.upid... Chai hw I jst wish dis country ll be divided asap, and all of u swines roaming in our streets and bringing all sorts of criminal acts in the north ll be finally chase to ur cesspits. grin

My friend, Africa has it challenge yet the western world come to Africa do business. You are truly irrational being. People go to North to do business, the do not go to because North is better. North has the wealth of the Nation, and people has to go there to (perhaps, to eat from whatever the North might have left off) or simply to do business with them since they would still need some services.

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by rusher14: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2013

Though you have some valid points i think the Professor does too.

You do not need to undermine his academic preference to study Linguistics especially when you segue into profanity to make your point made.

The professor has not attacked Islam in fact he has shown how predominantly Islamic countries have chosen to adapt modernization with their beliefs whilst making their environment and indeed their people one to be envied.

Of course, there is need for introspection from the non-Islamic states in Nigeria but there is the sense of accepting the likes of Boko Haram who claim to be the true practitioners of Islam in the Northern states.

One would have thought the vastly educated and widely traveled elite would exert their influence to quell this brand of Islam which really only damages whatever exists of the North.

It is their moral obligation to educate their people, rally them with positive messages and desensitize the impressionable youth by exemplary action.

At present the south may not be the modern state one desires but there's relative calm compared to the incendiary one witnesses on the daily up North.

Granted, the Southern leaders need to translate this relative calm to a fruitful and harmonious society, that was not the topic and we should learn to appreciate it for what it is.

Concerning the professor's need to be away, I reckon every man has the right to stay anywhere he thrives, finds peace and makes a living.

You may be privy to his personal life and maybe even his contract in Canada but i'm not. However, I choose to believe that not all warriors are at the battle-front. Some would need to be in the background, in diaspora, in captivity and sometimes even 6 feet deep.

It doesn't change the fact that they contribute their own measure to winning the war.

6 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by dharamanil(m): 10:14am On Dec 09, 2013
Nightshift: It's not just a northern problem, but a reflective indictment of Nigeria's elites. The backwardness might be more visible in the North, but where is Dubai, Abu- Dabi or Riyadh in our southern oil cities of Port Harcourt, Uyo and Warri?
We have been lacking pragmatic political leaders in Nigeria since independence, especially at the centre.
. The places u mentioned in Nigeria, are the same places suffering from unfair distribution or allocation of federal cake becos the moslem elites were in charge.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by sagio09: 10:14am On Dec 09, 2013
wesley80: Here lies the problem - Denial! Prof Adesanmi doesnt blame Islam, he blames the 'brand' of 'primitive and retrogressive' Islam being uembraced in Northern Nigeria. The brand of Islam that still encourages the al majiri system, discourages immunization because everything from the West should be seen as perverse and encourages smashing of bottles of beer in predominant Christian areas. That brand of Islam my friend is what the professor blames for the backwardness of the North especially when contrasted with your ultra Islamic contemporaries in Dubai, Saudi Arabia etc as referenced by the Professor. If you learn to think clearly and critically I'll bet you'd realize you're the foolish one here.
U're a big dump foooooool,hu 2ld u islam is categorically classified into "brands"?u're d types d@ don't even bother 2 go 2 worship houses 2 learn ur religion.Please go back 2 skul nd 2 ur so called church 2 learn more.DRUNKARD!!!
Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Izz9111: 10:14am On Dec 09, 2013
The problem with the northerners are nothing but that they are enslave to retrogressive Islam as the Prof said. Education can only do one thing in some life; making you think independently without been bias irrespective of race, religion, tribe and language. Norther Nigerian Islam still enslave the commoners by giving the wrong teaching. Until they agree to embrace education the story will still be the same.

Prof is very right.

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by Edygrin(m): 10:14am On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide:

Negro please!! Cure your Ignorance! The best hospital in Nigeria is still in the North!

The problem question that the hypocritical prof asked is for the whole country but hypocrites like you out of religious bias will ignore truth.

Is east now more developed than the North?

Tell me, is eastern Nigeria more developed than the North? Is southern Nigeria more developed than the north?

Cure your ignorance mehn!! I will never reply or quote you again on NL. bye bye~!!
just listen to yourself, is the best hospital accessible to the poor masses or just the power hungry imams.

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by truefact: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2013
0lumide:

Jonathan's ass licker.

I don tell una before, toh ba ragba fun yin, koni fun yin ni shop mehn!!!!

Im not Yoruba when I'm objective. I'm a northerner when I dont support hypocrisy. E don be for un head walahi!!

Una go cry Shikena.

Show us that your cave in east is developed than the north. Face front jor didirin!!

You are not Objective, rather you are a true Hypocrite. You lack rationalism and articulation...

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. by frankcimc(m): 10:16am On Dec 09, 2013
Wow Wow Wow if we can have at least 1% of our political elite reason like this man then there is future for Nigeria and Nigerians. Saying it the way it should sound. I am loving you Prof.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Baga Town Goes To Fishing: Aftermath Of Boko Haram Defeat / List Of The 18 Parties That Survived INEC’s Deregistration / Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.