Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Lagos Tops IGR Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Tops IGR Report (1745 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / Lagos Tops Nigeria's Most Indepted States (see Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 12:57am On Dec 09, 2013
Data released by the National Bureau of Statistics has shown that Lagos state internally generated revenue for the period of 2010-2012 was higher than any other state in the country. In the report which was signed by Statistician General, Yemi Kale in collaboration with the Joint Tax Board, Lagos State generated N185.541 billion in 2010, N202.761 billion in 2011 and N219.202 billion in 2012 making it the state with the highest internally generated revenue(IGR).
“First of all, we see patterns. Lagos stands out from the rest of the country, totally in a class of its own. Two, the south is totally different from the north and generally the economies in the north evidently lag behind,” Opeyemi Agbaje, CEO of RTC Advisory Services told CNBC Africa.
According to Agbaje, the data showed the impact of the major population and commercial centres especially in Southern Nigeria.
“So we see that the top seven or eight states are Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Oyo, Enugu, and Cross River. Relatively, the South West stands out even from the rest of the South region. All of these give you a sense around the state of economic development in the regions,” he added.
Rivers State came in behind Lagos state with N173.047 billion and a breakdown showed that the state generated N49.585 billion in 2010, 57.187 billion naira in 2011 and N66.275 billion in 2012.
Data on internally generated revenues of state governments recently released by Nigeria’s National Bureau of Statistics reveal major disparity in revenues.
Delta ranked third with the most IGR, the data revealed that 26.087 billion naira was collected in 2010, N34.750 billion in 2011 and N45.566 billion in 2012 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
“It also reflects the social statistics in terms of education, entrepreneurial activities, the development of businesses, the development of commerce and industries across those regions.” - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/lagos-tops-igr-report
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 1:02am On Dec 09, 2013
Numbers don't lie. I hope we never hear any kind of internet propaganda on IGRs on this forum anymore. Delta no dey carry last cool cool cool cool cool cool

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by nduchucks: 1:12am On Dec 09, 2013
atlwireles: Numbers don't lie. I hope we never hear any kind of internet propaganda on IGRs on this forum anymore. Delta no dey carry last cool cool cool cool cool cool

You are absolutely correct, numbers don't lie. According to Central Bank's data, Lagos is also No. 1. when you look at IGR as a percent of total revenue. This is quite commendable. Other states don't maintain their ranking when you look at both data. See below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1455153_CUsersA949824DesktopIGR_jpg65e5091588d59934a89a745a099dc6a7

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 1:13am On Dec 09, 2013
[s][quote author=ndu_chucks]

You are absolutely correct, numbers don't lie. According to Central Bank's data, Lagos is also No. 1. when you look at IGR as a percent of total revenue. This is quite commendable. Other states don't maintain their ranking when you look at both data. See below:

[/quote[/s]]

So desperate to create your own numbers you people are simply laughable. Go pick your fight with FIRS and National Bureau of Statistics angry angry angry angry angry angry

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by Brimmie(m): 1:18am On Dec 09, 2013
^^
You wicked! cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by nduchucks: 1:21am On Dec 09, 2013
Those are CBN numbers and they are not in conflict with your statement about lagos state.

There is no need for your tantrum, facts and numbers don't lie as you stated.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 1:24am On Dec 09, 2013
[s]
ndu_chucks: Those are CBN numbers and they are not in conflict with your statement about lagos state.
[/s]

You should be ashamed of yourself.

http://media.premiumtimesng.com/dev/wp-content/files/2013/12/state-IGR-Tables-2010_2012.pdf
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by nduchucks: 1:27am On Dec 09, 2013
atlwireles: You should be ashamed of yourself.

Why?

Abuja — Lagos and surprisingly Sokoto are the leading states in relative "fiscal independence" measured by internally generated revenue (IGR) as a percentage of total revenue.

Whereas Lagos' position has been well known over the years, the traditional assumption that one of Kano, Rivers and Delta States is second to Lagos is not supported by facts. Lagos powered home with 63.5 per cent in 2008, up from 51.2 per cent it scored the previous year.

Source

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 1:29am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by nduchucks: 1:32am On Dec 09, 2013
atlwireles:

http://media.premiumtimesng.com/dev/wp-content/files/2013/12/state-IGR-Tables-2010_2012.pdf

I am not disputing your numbers. I am simply adding that Lagos and Sokoto are the leading states in relative "fiscal independence" measured by internally generated revenue (IGR) as a percentage of total revenue. What is shameful about this, it is simply a fact that is indisputable.

Abi you are a slowpoke ni?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 2:16am On Dec 09, 2013
ndu_chucks:

[s]I am not disputing your numbers. I am simply adding that Lagos and Sokoto are the leading states in relative "fiscal independence" measured by internally generated revenue (IGR) as a percentage of total revenue. What is shameful about this, it is simply a fact that is indisputable.

Abi you are a slowpoke ni?
[/s]

Those are not my numbers. The slowpoke here are people like you ashamed to face the truth, you have to find ways to undermine it.
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by MajeMedia: 2:19am On Dec 09, 2013
Though many would like to use these are reports of state's economic success, in reality, they're only reflections of how intensely the people in the states are taxed.

We have fooled ourselves into believing that IGR = Economic production, to the point that we're making up fact IGR reports. If a state pursuits a low tax policy that speeds up economic activity and economic growth, we assume this mean the state isn't doing well because the government is getting less tax money to report.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by Sloan: 3:54am On Dec 09, 2013
atlwireles: [/s]

Those are not my numbers. The slowpoke here are people like you ashamed to face the truth, you have to find ways to undermine it.

He is merely giving you a broader interpretation of the numbers you posted or are you a dumb ass, as per his question? Delta is not last, at least they are still ahead of Anambra but the IGR as a % of total revenue shows that Delta is not 8 actually but almost down in the dumps! It must really suck when more brilliant people take your own weapon and use it to put you to flight! LMAO! grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by plaindealer: 4:03am On Dec 09, 2013
Sloan:

He is merely giving you a broader interpretation of the numbers you posted or are you a dumb ass, as per his question? Delta is not last, at least they are still ahead of Anambra but the IGR as a % of total revenue shows that Delta is not 8 actually but almost down in the dumps! It must really suck when more brilliant people take your own weapon and use it to put you to flight! LMAO! grin grin

The guy is very very slow..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by dayokanu(m): 4:06am On Dec 09, 2013
Non oil revenue SW stands out

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 4:20am On Dec 09, 2013
Sloan:

, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Keep it coming, how about Osun.
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 4:24am On Dec 09, 2013
plaindealer:

The guy is very very slow..

Come on omo yorubas produce your fake IGRs you dump on this site all the time. liars cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy,

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by dayokanu(m): 4:34am On Dec 09, 2013
atlwireles:
, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Keep it coming, how about Osun.

Osun generates more IGR than Anambra which is good news

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 4:55am On Dec 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Osun generates more IGR than Anambra which is good news

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by kettykin: 5:29am On Dec 09, 2013
What i see in the 2 different data sets e CBN and from the office of Statistics is abrazen barefaced attempt by northerner in the person of Sanusi Lamido to push up Northerner figures like the case of sokoto, where would sokoto generate N83.2 B from while allocating moderate figures to kaduna and kano which does not fit .

Comparing it with figures from NBS we see the yomi kale led team giving yoruba states moderate figures with Oyo doing better than expected while Abia state data was ominously avoided in what i am beginning to realise is a deliberate ommission by some fellow suffering from igbo inferiority complex and phobia.

Bringing the 2 data sets together and plugging the missing data from Abia state into yomi kales data set, I get the picture of an emerging fast growing economy led by lagos state followed by Rivers, Delta, Abia , Akwa Ibom, Ogun , Edo, kano, kaduna.
Surprisingly Anambra the giant of the rising sun seems to be the missing out state in the 2 data set could be that the IGR is not taken seriously by the state government
I it be a possible case of low taxes for businesses
Abia seems to be the joker in the report from CBN while Edo, Ebonyi and Enugu seems to be the gold mine in NBS data
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by Randerl: 6:42am On Dec 09, 2013
I nw declare the thread officially Open to e-Tantrums and e-Whining

kettykin: What i see in the 2 different data sets e CBN and from the office of Statistics is abrazen barefaced attempt by northerner in the person of Sanusi Lamido to push up Northerner figures like the case of sokoto, where would sokoto generate N83.2 B from while allocating moderate figures to kaduna and kano which does not fit .

Comparing it with figures from NBS we see the yomi kale led team giving yoruba states moderate figures with Oyo doing better than expected while Abia state data was ominously avoided in what i am beginning to realise is a deliberate ommission by some fellow suffering from igbo inferiority complex and phobia.

Bringing the 2 data sets together and plugging the missing data from Abia state into yomi kales data set, I get the picture of an emerging fast growing economy led by lagos state followed by Rivers, Delta, Abia , Akwa Ibom, Ogun , Edo, kano, kaduna.
Surprisingly Anambra the giant of the rising sun seems to be the missing out state in the 2 data set could be that the IGR is not taken seriously by the state government
I it be a possible case of low taxes for businesses
Abia seems to be the joker in the report from CBN while Edo, Ebonyi and Enugu seems to be the gold mine in NBS data
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by atlwireles: 7:44am On Dec 09, 2013
Randerl: I nw declare the thread officially Open to e-Tantrums and e-Whining

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by iterator25: 7:48am On Dec 09, 2013
The war to be the biggest economy in Africa has just begun
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by pazienza(m): 9:05am On Dec 09, 2013
iterator25: The war to be the biggest economy in Africa has just begun

The biggest economy or the most taxed people. Government in Nigeria is a failure, i'd rather have my money to myself to manage than be taxed to death by looting elites, only to come to internet and start beating my chest at IGR figures that doesn't reflect on people's standard of living or well being.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by Tobbie9(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2013
pazienza:

The biggest economy or the most taxed people. Government in Nigeria is a failure, i'd rather have my money to myself to manage than be taxed to death by looting elites, only to come to internet and start beating my chest at IGR figures that doesn't reflect on people's standard of living or well being.
at least some people on Nairaland still have sense
Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by collynzo2(m): 9:19am On Dec 09, 2013
More taxes > Bigger IGR > More lootable funds for thieving politicians.
The question shouldn't be about the IGR alone, but what the leaders achieve with it.
For instance, I'll rather keep my taxes for maintaining my personal borehole, servicing / fueling my generators and contributing funds with other landlords to pave our street road rather than paying it to a government that does absolutely nothing for me, only to come online and boast about the IGR of my state.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2013
The Governor of Delta State has not been able to use his state's IGR to do any meaningful thing in the state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tops IGR Report by Sloan: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
Some people are sleeping in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Amaechi's Birthday Message To His Wife, Judith (tweets) / Ekiti Elections Turns South West APC Governors To Father Christmas / Pictures Of Nigerian Houses Getting Raided In Malaysia::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.