Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) (64114 Views)

See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Breaking News Oshiomole Comrade Bus On Fire At Uniben Gate / Pics: ASUU Members Disrupt Lectures At UNIBEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by chreldb(m): 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
mekzone: I doubt this is UNIBEN's faculty of law...the law faculty was in a very modern complex with real theatre like classes while I was there between 1997 and 2000. Also law students had a white and black formal dress code.

Very good obsevation! You dare not wear anything apart from black and white in UNIBEN law faculty or else you will be fined. Your head get oil my brother.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
Because am a Lecture does not mean I would belong to a union not all lectures re ASUU member, yeah the union is on strike and it affects all lectures but the truth is that lectures re not employed by d unions but the FG now the FG order all lectures to go back to work or else they would be sack those who don't belong to the union nd those who love teaching comply to the directives of the FG so why re order lectures stopping classes from holding u don't want to go back to work those who love their jobs did so whats there problem

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by PetroDolla2: 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Theben:
Then you are very foolish to disrespect the country that has been putting food on your table.
how is nigeria putting food on his table? he works for a Ghanaian company in Lagos.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Joythah(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Rawdeal: GODSPOWER EKUOBASE!!!!!!!

i trust this guy to want to lecture by fire by force
hahaha... Godspower. A man who beats his wife mercilessly will be beaten by fellow men. Guess he went to teach to spite ASUU for not voting for him during governing council elections....smh

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
Okija_juju: [img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1457481_IMG-20131209-00031_jpga92e3ca755e20d412852552354910925[/img]

So this na lecture hall for Uniben?! shocked shocked

Na signboard abi black board be that for background?!!

the place dey like where them dey train Police dog.. angry

Now I support ASUU... Strike till 2019.. angry
You are using just 1 lecture theatre to judge the whole school! I don't really know which class is that, but I know that the faculty of law have better classes than this!
If you go round UNIBEN, you'll see a lot of construction going on! e.g Agric faculty is getting a new building, and they are building many lecture theatres in other places!
If you go to faculty of education, you'll even see some classes with curtains!
If you go to where 100l engineering students receive lectures, you can compare the class with some classes in foreign universities!
In UNIBEN, they are not suffering from lack of structures! Even UNIBEN ASUU chapter can't deny that!

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Deglo514(f): 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2013
Imagine! After five months plus, a lecturer manage enter class and useless ASUU want stop am. And the Uniben guys no fit lecture dos stupid ASUU wetin dey no sabi? Una don fall my hand.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by vanguard1(m): 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
skypopson: lmao..look at the board dey re using..Am sure sighted students cant see anytin..na una need dat 200Bill pass
Bros,I tire oooo
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
To all those complaining about the "Board".

Can these ASUU lecturers create a power point presentation? I doubt that.

I'll say close the damn schools and send these lecturers to some training courses. Cos even if the infrastructures are put in place today, they still don't know how to teach with modern day technologies.

Either way, i don't think ASUU lecturers will be changing that "Board" soon. grin grin

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Theben(m): 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
PetroDolla2: how is nigeria putting food on his table? he works for a Ghanaian company in Lagos.
Is that what he told you? Could you please mention the name of the Ghanaian company? Cos I don't seem to know any in this Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by OneNaira6: 7:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
Aren't they suppose to be fighting for all lecturers so why abuse a lecturer that chose not to strike with them? hmm oo I guess ASUU strike na by force whether a professor likes it or not. Tufiakwa.

They are not professors, just thugs. I pity Nigeria universities

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Gbajabiamila1: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
Memyselfu2009: Because am a Lecture does not mean I would belong to a union not all lectures re ASUU member, yeah the union is on strike an if affects all lectures but the truth is that lectures re not employed by d unions but the FG now the FG order all lectures to go back to work or else they would be sack those who don't belong to the union nd those who love teaching comply to the directives of the FG so why re order lectures stopping classes from holding u don't want to go back to work those who love their jobs did so whats there problem
Abeg na "lecture' or 'lecturer'. I dey fear how 'r' take comot for the spelling ni ooo.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Easyjay: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Easyjay: 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by adesexy(m): 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
Am highly disapointed in dis delta guys...deal with d lecturers dey will respect u

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by setUp01(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
This is the first time I would actually take my time to peruse the posts of every one on a thread! And I find it intriguing that while some are quite smart! Others are just a bunch of dumb entities( not worthy to be called humans, cause they lack possession of the organ called a brain!)

@ that guy that asked why law students are offering computer courses; you need to be flogged and discontinued from posting comments.

@ the ghana dude; ghana can in no way compare to this great nation, even in its most devasted state! Pls ask for the resource turnover of your country before you come here talking trash!

Most importantly! I am a graduate of the great university of benin, Computer science department to be exact! Ekuobase(lecturer on thread) is a mind that comes once in a century! Let's forget his dress sense! That man alongside his colleagues produced the best graduating student in university of benin 2010/2011 session! A graduate who is a contributor to the latest apple invention.

@ d current ASUU/fg issue; dialogue and compromise is the way fwd! Both parties should shift grounds

@ d Lecture theatre: I am not saying dis cause I am a graduate of uniben! Buh my fellow Nigerians I doubt that is a Lt in law faculty! Probably sciences. And truly uniben got structures

@way fwd: an intrinsic check on corruption is the way to go.

PS: forgive my sentence construct(if I made any mistake) as this is an informal means of communication! GOD BLESS NIGERIAN STUDENTS

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by PetroDolla2: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Theben:
Is that what he told you? Could you please mention the name of the Ghanaian company? Cos I don't seem to know any in this Lagos state.
okay, let me mention a few: rLG,http://www.nigeriagoodnews.com/lagosians-to-enjoy-free-brt-bus-rides-throughout-april-courtsey-of-rlg-communications/ UT bank, Kasapreko Alomo Biters, Vanubian Technology Ltd https://www.nairaland.com/332505/ghana-firm-employs-212-nigerians. I'll get you more later,huh?
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Carlmax(m): 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lord Orochimaru: Pic

See as Godspower be...
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Licensed2Kill(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
setUp01: This is the first time I would actually take my time to peruse the posts of every one on a thread! And I find it intriguing that while some are quite smart! Others are just a bunch of dumb entities( not worthy to be called humans, cause they lack possession of the organ called a brain!)

@ that guy that asked why law students are offering computer courses; you need to be flogged and discontinued from posting comments.

@ the ghana dude; ghana can in no way compare to this great nation, even in its most devasted state! Pls ask for the resource turnover of your country before you come here talking trash!

Most importantly! I am a graduate of the great university of benin, Computer science department to be exact! Ekuobase(lecturer on thread) is a mind that comes once in a century! Let's forget his dress sense! That man alongside his colleagues produced the best graduating student in university of benin 2010/2011 session! A graduate who is a contributor to the latest apple invention.

@ d current ASUU/fg issue; dialogue and compromise is the way fwd! Both parties should shift grounds

@ d Lecture theatre: I am not saying dis cause I am a graduate of uniben! Buh my fellow Nigerians I doubt that is a Lt in law faculty! Probably sciences. And truly uniben got structures

PS: forgive my sentence construct(if I made any mistake) as this is an informal means of communication! GOD BLESS NIGERIAN STUDENTS
so on point!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by PetroDolla2: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
setUp01: This is the first time I would actually take my time to peruse the posts of every one on a thread! And I find it intriguing that while some are quite smart! Others are just a bunch of dumb entities( not worthy to be called humans, cause they lack possession of the organ called a brain!)

@ [s]the ghana dude; ghana can in no way compare to this great nation, even in its most devasted state! Pls ask for the resource turnover of your country before you come here talking trash![/s]

crap, as usual. [b]resource turnover [/b]my foot grin how has that helped 90% of your suffering and no-longer-smiling compatriots who survive on less than $2 a day? with your 'resource turnover, how come life expectancy in your 'paradise' is a miserable 52 years, compared with 64 in Ghana? How come your country is one of the most corrupt and impoverished? what is the unemployment level in your country, compared with Ghana? how many of your citizens have access to electricity, personal security, potable water, food? take a goods look at the United Nations Human Development Index before talking trash and exposing your crass ignorance, huh? it seems your UNIBEN education has impoverished your brain even further,huh? oh dear, oh dear

revel in the horribleness of your sh1thole,huh? fuckeduppedness grin

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by donlino9: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
Dr2great: I don't have to join issues wit u,because u are insane!!
You jst proved me right,
how can a sane person thinks like do, this is a problem btw Fg and ASUU ,ASUU jst don't trust the fg due to the past agreements they ve failed to honour, how come you drag Apc into this?
You are jst delusional.
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
5.00GP:

STOP BLEATING...
HOW IS COMPUTER STUDIES RELEVANT TO LAW.....
HOW CAN A LECTURER FROM COMPUTER DEPARTMENT BE TEACHING LAW STUDENTS?
WHAT DOES HE WANT TO TEACH THEM.....
LAW STUDENTS CAN NEVER BORROW COURSE FROM COMPUTER...............

Like Seriously!!!
Don't worry dude, you will get your response by yourself when you FINALLY pass SSCE, JAMB, POST-UME and by God's grace gain admission into the University... Then take a trip to Law Faculty for your answer.
God help you.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by kalimera101: 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
That doesn't look like faculty of law to me oh. Before I left school, I remeber very well that the lecture theathers' seats were being replaced. And all the students always wore black and white whether u have a lecture or not.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
PetroDolla2: crap, as usual. [b]resource turnover [/b]my foot grin how has that helped 90% of your suffering and no-longer-smiling compatriots who survive on less than $2 a day? with your 'resource turnover, how come life expectancy in your 'paradise' is a miserable 52 years, compared with 64 in Ghana? How come your country is one of the most corrupt and impoverished? what is the unemployment level in your country, compared with Ghana? how many of your citizens have access to electricity, personal security, potable water, food? take a goods look at the United Nations Human Development Index before talking trash and exposing your crass ignorance, huh? it seems your UNIBEN education has impoverished your brain even further,huh? oh dear, oh dear

Oya mind your business na ghana boy, there are lots of issues in Ghana too that would need your wise contributions, so please go there and stop insulting my Nation, thank you.
Come Moderators, this site should be for Nigerians ooo, not a platform where any e-iidiot can come and insult Nigeria.

Please be advised and do the needful, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by sagio09: 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
sanandreas: Is dat a class room? OMG it is not conducive.
Na condusive class u dey find 4 9ja.no b d money 4 infrastructure ASUU dey hustle wan find 2 construct condusive class rooms bt una dey disturb dem wit ur talk.Abeg park joor #teamcondusiveclass4nijatill2015
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by rudian(f): 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
homesteady:
You are using just 1 lecture theatre to judge the whole school! I don't really know which class is that, but I know that the faculty of law have better classes than this!
If you go round UNIBEN, you'll see a lot of construction going on! e.g Agric faculty is getting a new building, and they are building many lecture theatres in other places!
If you go to faculty of education, you'll even see some classes with curtains!
If you go to where 100l engineering students receive lectures, you can compare the class with some classes in foreign universities!
In UNIBEN, they are not suffering from lack of structures! Even UNIBEN ASUU chapter can't deny that!
I quite agree Uniben has structures but ur comment that faculty of education has got classes with curtains( ahem) U should really cross check if U are describing a different place cos I vent seen curtains in any class, save for that one behind that a church uses on sunday and trust the flower and that bed sheet sorry curtain were left there by the church members so dnt make it seem like the classes are that tushed!
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by setUp01(m): 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
PetroDolla2: crap, as usual. [b]resource turnover [/b]my foot grin how has that helped 90% of your suffering and no-longer-smiling compatriots who survive on less than $2 a day? with your 'resource turnover, how come life expectancy in your 'paradise' is a miserable 52 years, compared with 64 in Ghana? How come your country is one of the most corrupt and impoverished? what is the unemployment level in your country, compared with Ghana? how many of your citizens have access to electricity, personal security, potable water, food? take a goods look at the United Nations Human Development Index before talking trash and exposing your crass ignorance, huh? it seems your UNIBEN education has impoverished your brain even further,huh? oh dear, oh dear

You need to be schooled on the idea of classifying economic growth! And young man until you can properly define "resource turnover" I leave you to wallow in the pit of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by rudian(f): 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
Deglo514: Imagine! After five months plus, a lecturer manage enter class and useless ASUU want stop am. And the Uniben guys no fit lecture dos stupid ASUU wetin dey no sabi? Una don fall my hand.
It is in tyms like this that I remember Ambrose Alli University
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by rudian(f): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I'm here to bring back some of your oil money back to my country. I send as much as I can back to my home in Cape Coast. There are thousands of people like me. When your country has run out of oil and becomes bankrupt and reverts back to the primitive bush and jungle that it once was, at least some of the oil money would be in Ghana, used to develop that great country.
It is clear this comment was made by a slowpoke!
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
Joythah: hahaha... Godspower. A man who beats his wife mercilessly will be beaten by fellow men. Guess he went to teach to spite ASUU for not voting for him during governing council elections....smh

i didn't know that. That's just sad. He was "chyking" my friend that year sha. After he'll come and lie about how perfect he is
Re: ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) by biomedixexcel(m): 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds:
You're one hell of an Intelligent person... Was 'bout to point to the same issue... What the f*ck....is a Lecturer from the dept of Computer Science doin' in a Lecture hall meant for law students...

Plus damn that class is like a Pen..
Let me ask if you are in university?
If yes then I can say you disappointed me cos I don’t expect you say law students cannot have courses in computer.
Bottom line: you are not in university

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'Leaked Mathematics Question Paper': WAEC Reacts / FUTMINNA 2016/2017 ADMISSION THREAD / Who Can Remember This Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.