Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,360 members, 7,957,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:04 AM

The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria (1519 Views)

OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria / Western Nigeria Most Economically Viable Region / Which Cities Are Nigeria's Most Important Economically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
Most states in nigeria aren't doing too well economically, but among the weak there must still be a strongest, for obvious reasons I will like to select the top 10 most economically viably states in nigeria in no specific order:

Lagos
Rivers
Abia
Anambra
Delta
Kano
Kaduna
Ogun (by virtue of its closeness to lagos)
Akwa ibom
Sokoto
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Peinstein: 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
What of oyo, I thot Oyo also had a good IGR from the last report
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
For me its:
Lagos
Rivers
Abia
Delta
Kano
Ogun
And others
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by FridayOctober(m): 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
nwabekeyi: Most states in nigeria aren't doing too well economically, but among the weak there must still be a strongest, for obvious reasons I will like to select the top 10 most economically viably states in nigeria in no specific order:

Lagos
Rivers
Abia
Anambra
Delta
Kano
Kaduna
Akwa ibom
Sokoto

Nawa for u o.
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
Peinstein: What of oyo, I thot Oyo also had a good IGR from the last report
well that's my own opinion sha, oyo has got the GDP "yes" what of industrialization and IGR?
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by FridayOctober(m): 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
nwabekeyi: Most states in nigeria aren't doing too well economically, but among the weak there must still be a strongest, for obvious reasons I will like to select the top 10 most economically viably states in nigeria in no specific order:

Lagos
Rivers
Abia
Anambra
Delta
Kano
Kaduna
Akwa ibom
Sokoto

Nawa for u o. Smh ! Aimokan n ba e ja. How can u say in no specific order? U are talkin about IGR not monthly allocation from FG and u group anyhow states 2geda . Smh4u. You even framed Ogun out negatively. I.e Ogun is not even suppose 2 b on ur list. U need to go to Ogun state perhaps dt 'd heal ur prejudice mindset.
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by bloggernaija: 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lagos - commercial nerve centre
Rivers-nerve centre of the Niger delta and the oil industry
OGUN- already manufacturing hub of the country with the highest no of human resources,potential investors ,thousands of dollars millionaires ,billionaires and professionals
Kano- regional hub of the north
Oyo - large mix agro/ agro allied ,research,manufacturing ,mineralsand a consumer market secondary to Lagos inspite of the rigged census (the most balanced economy in nigeria )
Delta-oil and gas riches,warri used to be the hub of the Niger delta.messed up due to her proximity to dysfunctional and lawless bayelsa and bad leadership .
Cross river/akwa ibom - potentially viable due to agro and tourism potentials,requires nigeria to function properly,oil and gas riches,mineral wealth.
Edo state -capable of becoming a mini regional hub to neighbouring states of ondo ,ekiti,kogi and delta.
Imo - capable of being the regional hub to her region.

The most viable states in the east is ebonyi - her agro potentials ,if developed and taxed is second to none in the east with a few mineral as wells.the only state in the east capable of functioning without mineral wealth

Mention should be made of the middlebelt who at this moment ,are saddled with incompetent and thieving leaders who are incapable of exploiting the revenue potentials of feeding a very hungry and import dependent country.

The remaining states (with variation here and there) - require the country and other states to succeed in order to succeed.

E.g

the Tinapa concept(fun and shopping ) will work in onitsha but it would require patronage from neighbouring states .
like delta.
Bayelsa,bauchi,plateau,taraba- tourism but would require patronage from the rest of the country and abroad.

My non-scientific perceptive rankings is based on the taxable revenue sources,resident human resources,security,closeness to significant market,politics and revenue sources which have not been adequately harnessed
also with very little regards to the oil wealth.
But seriously,
The oil wealth is not actually filtering through and so can be disregarded.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by ifechez: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
These are the most economically viable states in Nigeria:

Lagos
Anambra
Abia
Rivers
Kano.

The second set of most economically viable states are (in no particular order):

Enugu
Oyo
Delta
Kaduna
Jos
IMO
Ogun
Edo.

5 Likes

Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
ifechez: These are the most economically viable states in Nigeria:

Lagos
Anambra
Abia
Rivers
Kano.

The second set of most economically viable states are (in no particular order):

Enugu
Oyo
Delta
Kaduna
Jos
IMO
Ogun
Edo.

When was Jos State created in Nigeria?
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
bloggernaija: Lagos - commercial nerve centre
OGUN- already manufacturing hub of the country with the highest no of human resources,potential investors ,thousands of dollars millionaires ,billionaires and professionals
Oyo - large mix agro/ agro allied ,research,manufacturing ,mineralsand a consumer market secondary to Lagos inspite of the rigged census (the most balanced economy in nigeria )
Delta-oil and gas riches,warri used to be the hub of the Niger delta.messed up due to her proximity to dysfunctional and lawless bayelsa and bad leadership .
Cross river/akwa ibom - potentially viable due to agro and tourism potentials,requires nigeria to function properly,oil and gas riches,mineral wealth.
Edo state -capable of becoming a mini regional hub to neighbouring states of ondo ,ekiti,kogi and delta.

The most viable states in the east is ebonyi - her agro potentials ,if developed and taxed is second to none in the east with a few mineral as wells.the only state in the east capable of functioning without mineral wealth

Mention should be made of the middlebelt who at this moment ,are saddled with incompetent and thieving leaders who are incapable of exploiting the revenue potentials of feeding a very hungry and import dependent country.

The remaining states (with variation here and there) - require the country and other states to succeed in order to succeed.

E.g

the Tinapa concept(fun and shopping ) will work in onitsha but it would require patronage from neighbouring states .
like delta.
Bayelsa,bauchi,plateau,taraba- tourism but would require patronage from the rest of the country and abroad.

My non-scientific perceptive rankings is based on the taxable revenue sources,resident human resources,security,closeness to significant market,politics and revenue sources which have not been adequately harnessed
But seriously,

if u say imo is a regional hub then you dnt kw wot economical viability is.
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
Peinstein: What of oyo, I thot Oyo also had a good IGR from the last report
Having a good IGR has nothing to do with economic viability. Though i agree that Oyo is economically viable and should be on the list.
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2013
To me the most viable State is Rivers. 80% of the foreign exchange spent in Lagos, Abuja and much of Nigeria originate from here.
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 09, 2013
Abagworo: To me the most viable State is Rivers. 80% of the foreign exchange spent in Lagos, Abuja and much of Nigeria originate from here.
yap, I agree with you to an extent, bt you can't sideline lagos, and I thnk abia should follow lagos.
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 10, 2013
bloggernaija: Lagos - commercial nerve centre

E.g

like delta.

But seriously,

Stop politicising everything for the APC sympathy. I believe you removed Abia State and Anambra because of politics. If you know Igboland and Nigeria very well, then, you will know that Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo is the real order. You can't rate Imo ahead of other igbo states.
Re: The Most Economically Viably States In Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 7:52am On Dec 10, 2013
Ebonyi State.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Number One On The List Of The World’s Most Stressed Out Countries / Vladimir Putin’s Daughter Flees Dutch Penthouse As Anger Rises Over Flight MH17 / Photo Of Ekiti Governor With 1964 Mercedes Benz As His Official Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.