Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117193 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
Aceed:
oga pabon in the closing remarks of the chapter preceding the epilogue, shouldn't it be:
"...two hearts slowed in their beating not breathing"?

That's true. Thanks for the correction. I'll implement immediately.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by BlessedNiel: 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2019
Just finished reading!!!
So emotional at the end!
It's always good to thoroughly observe before reaching conclusion
Else there will always be regret
I hope Dathan learns from that and stop jumping to hasty conclusion.
I hope it ends well between George and Cordelia.

Well done Pabon
I wish the story could go on till the last trump
I'm glad to know you that part 2 is on fire getting cook. I hope it'll be spicier.
More inspiration to you
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
BlessedNiel:
Just finished reading!!!
So emotional at the end!
It's always good to thoroughly observe before reaching conclusion
Else there will always be regret
I hope Dathan learns from that and stop jumping to hasty conclusion.
I hope it ends well between George and Cordelia.

Well done Pabon
I wish the story could go on till the last trump
I'm glad to know you that part 2 is on fire getting cook. I hope it'll be spicier.
More inspiration to you

Thanks BlessedNiel. I'm grateful for your positive words. When I do decide to publish it, I will owe you a copy.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Emanuel1997: 9:05pm On Feb 08, 2019
sorry for saying this late... you are an exceptional writer, though you prolonged it for like two years cos i am one of your first readers but it was worth the wait. and thank you for completing it...
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:58am On Feb 23, 2019
Emanuel1997:
sorry for saying this late... you are an exceptional writer, though you prolonged it for like two years cos i am one of your first readers but it was worth the wait. and thank you for completing it...

Thanks bro. Your comment means so much to me.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by immacul6(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2019
Wow Great Story Marvelous Write Up,pls Announce Here If Pt2 Iz Out O

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Aphroditee(f): 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
paboon:
Coming back for an edit. Then the last update. Good morning!

Cc

MAcSEEKER
BlessedNiel
Taniaa
Ojusco
Pheezie
Wadewaltz
Fazemood
Reflex01
Immacul6
Aphroditee

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Aphroditee(f): 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
pabon:
EPILOGUE

Two weeks had passed since the battle ended. Harris couldn’t stop crying. Nora had been everything to him. He wouldn’t be consoled. It had taken a great deal of persuasion and some magic before he let Nora’s corpse out of his sight. His anger fits usually was disastrous as he kept shooting tendrils and trying to strangle anyone who came close, sometimes beyond his control. He had spent more time out in the woods than with people. He was learning to control his woodiness. George had to spend most of the time with him to lighten the burden. They barely talked and most times, he just watched as Harris perused through books. He left one morning with a note that he’d gone a quest to discover himself.
Dathan had explained everything to them. It turned out that Dathan’s life force had drained to the point where he couldn’t live again. They’d been together, he and Nora, in the tomb and shared the visions of the events as they broke out in the realm. The battle had needed Dathan’s intervention as he only had the link with the staff that would end the war. In addition to that, Theodore had given him the rare gift of light with which he could prevail before the light came. Armed with the light and the staff, he would save the realm, but without his life force, there was little he could do.

Nora had volunteered to give him hers, but he had turned it down. Dathan never wanted to put her in harm’s way. As the battle had progressed and seen that the realm was going to be broken down and the prophecy fulfilled, Dathan had accepted to use the life force she offered but only to the extent that he needed to win the battle. He had seen that the one he’d love would die from the visions he had, but he hadn’t known it would happen like that. Yes, Nora was the one he’d come to love. He had spent a long time loathing and causing her harm. But in the few moments he spent with her, he’d grown to like her. He’d gotten to see beyond the pictures he had of her as the rumors had painted of her and her mother. He’d grown to know that she was the opposite. He regretted that he hadn’t told her his feelings before she left. He’d thought there would be enough time after the battle to have that talk, but he had been wrong. He was glad however that they had settled their differences and made sure there were no more ill-feelings while they were at the tomb.

George was doing all he could to put the guilt of Nora’s death out of his mind. He still felt he could have done something. He spent most of his evenings visiting Nora’s graveside and wouldn’t leave until it was dark or Cordelia came to take him home. He’d been presented with the Elixir of life by the watchers of the realm. It was the elixir he would use to save his people when he finally got back to Pathandra. That was supposed to be good news, but he wished it hadn’t come at the cost of Nora’s life. If there were a way to resurrect her with the Elixir, he would do it. But it didn’t immortalize the already dead.

Cordelia and himself were getting closer, and the events and mood around the realm only helped to bring them closer. A lot of people had been killed with the battle, but the majority was safe. Like Nora’s, individual monuments were being erected for the fallen Thorank sons. Their gallantry would be told and taught in schools, an indelible mark in history.

The realm wasn’t as bright as it had been in the past, but things would get back to shape. Time heals everything after all. The primary concern for George was going back to Panthadra. The dreams he’d been having alone pointed to hindrances on the way. Indeed, he knew he couldn’t just walk back to free his parents, his people. The watchers had told him something when they presented the elixir to him. They were telepathic and had told him one sentence that had he still couldn’t make out.

“To be immortal is to wage war with the dead”

The sentence was cloaked in uncertainty and confusion, and no matter how much he tried, he couldn’t decipher the meaning. The watchers didn’t speak to anyone unless they needed to and so far, they hadn’t seen a reason to call for George. The only thing he was sure of was that freeing his people would come with a consequence, one he’d decided he would face. Facing evil no longer unsettled him. He was the Thorank king after all.

Enthralling unpredictable ending.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Aphroditee(f): 9:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
pabon:
EPILOGUE

Two weeks had passed since the battle ended. Harris couldn’t stop crying. Nora had been everything to him. He wouldn’t be consoled. It had taken a great deal of persuasion and some magic before he let Nora’s corpse out of his sight. His anger fits usually was disastrous as he kept shooting tendrils and trying to strangle anyone who came close, sometimes beyond his control. He had spent more time out in the woods than with people. He was learning to control his woodiness. George had to spend most of the time with him to lighten the burden. They barely talked and most times, he just watched as Harris perused through books. He left one morning with a note that he’d gone a quest to discover himself.
Dathan had explained everything to them. It turned out that Dathan’s life force had drained to the point where he couldn’t live again. They’d been together, he and Nora, in the tomb and shared the visions of the events as they broke out in the realm. The battle had needed Dathan’s intervention as he only had the link with the staff that would end the war. In addition to that, Theodore had given him the rare gift of light with which he could prevail before the light came. Armed with the light and the staff, he would save the realm, but without his life force, there was little he could do.

Nora had volunteered to give him hers, but he had turned it down. Dathan never wanted to put her in harm’s way. As the battle had progressed and seen that the realm was going to be broken down and the prophecy fulfilled, Dathan had accepted to use the life force she offered but only to the extent that he needed to win the battle. He had seen that the one he’d love would die from the visions he had, but he hadn’t known it would happen like that. Yes, Nora was the one he’d come to love. He had spent a long time loathing and causing her harm. But in the few moments he spent with her, he’d grown to like her. He’d gotten to see beyond the pictures he had of her as the rumors had painted of her and her mother. He’d grown to know that she was the opposite. He regretted that he hadn’t told her his feelings before she left. He’d thought there would be enough time after the battle to have that talk, but he had been wrong. He was glad however that they had settled their differences and made sure there were no more ill-feelings while they were at the tomb.

George was doing all he could to put the guilt of Nora’s death out of his mind. He still felt he could have done something. He spent most of his evenings visiting Nora’s graveside and wouldn’t leave until it was dark or Cordelia came to take him home. He’d been presented with the Elixir of life by the watchers of the realm. It was the elixir he would use to save his people when he finally got back to Pathandra. That was supposed to be good news, but he wished it hadn’t come at the cost of Nora’s life. If there were a way to resurrect her with the Elixir, he would do it. But it didn’t immortalize the already dead.

Cordelia and himself were getting closer, and the events and mood around the realm only helped to bring them closer. A lot of people had been killed with the battle, but the majority was safe. Like Nora’s, individual monuments were being erected for the fallen Thorank sons. Their gallantry would be told and taught in schools, an indelible mark in history.

The realm wasn’t as bright as it had been in the past, but things would get back to shape. Time heals everything after all. The primary concern for George was going back to Panthadra. The dreams he’d been having alone pointed to hindrances on the way. Indeed, he knew he couldn’t just walk back to free his parents, his people. The watchers had told him something when they presented the elixir to him. They were telepathic and had told him one sentence that had he still couldn’t make out.

aphroditee
“To be immortal is to wage war with the dead”

The sentence was cloaked in uncertainty and confusion, and no matter how much he tried, he couldn’t decipher the meaning. The watchers didn’t speak to anyone unless they needed to and so far, they hadn’t seen a reason to call for George. The only thing he was sure of was that freeing his people would come with a consequence, one he’d decided he would face. Facing evil no longer unsettled him. He was the Thorank king after all.

Enthralling unpredictable ending.
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Fazemood(m): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2019
Nice ending bro, to am anticipating a mind blowing book two, so make it happen soon. Thanks for this wonderful story

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2019
Fazemood:
Nice ending bro, to am anticipating a mind blowing book two, so make it happen soon. Thanks for this wonderful story

You're welcome sir!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Wadewaltz(m): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2019
pabon:
Coming back for an edit. Then the last update. Good morning!

Cc

MAcSEEKER
BlessedNiel
Taniaa
Ojusco
Pheezie
Wadewaltz
Fazemood
Reflex01
Immacul6

OP I am not reading your story unless you read and make a comment on Mine.Q.E.D
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by tunjilomo(m): 9:16am On Mar 24, 2019
Clap. Clap. Clap. A beautiful ending. Pabon, thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Alpha100(m): 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
tunjilomo:
Clap. Clap. Clap. A beautiful ending. Pabon, thumbs up.

Yeah. It was
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2019
Damn. I'm still missing this story. It really meant a lot to me. Can hardly wait to begin proper edit. It's been a while.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
pabon:
Hi guys,I'm new to writing and I really love the written works that I see here.I'm attracted to magic and want to do something on it.I need your suggestions plsss...And my written English isn't the very best.Help!!!

pls permit me to post this on my blog, credit will be accorded to you
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:55am On Jan 08, 2020
Greetings everyone. It's been a while. Expect some good news soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.