Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State (2255 Views)

Heavy Shooting In Gokana LGA In Rivers -vanguard / APC RALLY In Ikwerre LGA, Rivers State (Photos) / Graphic Photos From Election Shooting In Nembe LGA, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by stebell(m): 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
Good evening fellow Nland members.
Report reaching me is dat there was sporadic shooting this morning in Okehi, the head quarters of Etche local Govt Area of Rivers State.
Sources say the shooting was masterminded by youths loyal to the GDI group, while other sources said the shooting was carried out by youths loyal to Gov. Amaechi who were not allowed to carry out their meeting of their defection to APC by GDI sympathizers.

The spokesperson of GDI Mr. Bright Amehule has denied that its group carried out the shooting stating that his group is not a political group and as such cannot distrupt any gathering of a political party.

As i write from the comfort of my home, there is absolute peace in the council as people were seen going about their normal businesses in de council.

There was no casualties recorded as the "miscreants" were seen shoting in de air. The shooters also drop a coffin in front of the council headquarters.

Source : 92.3 Naigerian Info Fm PH City.
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
The fact remained that there was indeed a shooting
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by stebell(m): 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
Ozin: The fact remained that there was indeed a shooting

Ya my broda there was a shooting indeed.

I think this Amaechi defection to APC will cause a situation where some peeps will be at the crossroads.

Already 3 LGAs have moved to the APC with de Gov.
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
Ok
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by donphilopus: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
I won't be surprised, if all these are happening because of Amaechi's defection to APC! Or, was it not this same portharcourt, an electorate was killed for voting Buhari in 2011??

NO, To Tribal/Regional Politics!
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by kel4soft: 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
I had wanted to post the pictures of Khana Local Government defection to APC. The rally was held yesterday, Sunday 8th. About 3 Local Government have officially declared for APC namely, Ahoada West, Khana and Amaechi's Local Government i.e Ikwerre LGA. Expect Opobo/Nkoro and Bonny this weekend. Infact Bonny LGA chairman said PDP is now an opposition in the state.
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by stebell(m): 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
kel4soft: I had wanted to post the pictures of Khana Local Government defection to APC. The rally was held yesterday, Sunday 8th. About 3 Local Government have officially declared for APC namely, Ahoada West, Khana and Amaechi's Local Government i.e Ikwerre LGA. Expect Opobo/Nkoro and Bonny this weekend. Infact Bonny LGA chairman said PDP is now an opposition in the state.

my Broda i observed frm ur comments in other post/thread dat yu are actually frm Opobo Town.
I am too.
But truth be told even if Opobo and Bonny peeps decamped to APC, i still think PDP will win Rivers State.
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by kel4soft: 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
stebell:

my Broda i observed frm ur comments in other post/thread dat yu are actually frm Opobo Town.
I am too.
But truth be told even if Opobo and Bonny peeps decamped to APC, i still think PDP will win Rivers State.

Yes, PDP will win Presidential election, no disputing that. But, the other elections?
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by bloggernaija: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Can anybody see the parallel with the 60's?
Instead of governing ,the federal government is busy formenting trouble through their proxies because of one devious plan or the other.sooner or later,this blow up in their faces
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by kel4soft: 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
OP
Which compound are you from? Chinekeme. Nye Ohhh. Ubaneeee.
Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by stebell(m): 11:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
kel4soft: OP
Which compound are you from? Chinekeme. Nye Ohhh. Ubaneeee.

I'♍ frm Ukonu Wariapu War Canoe House.
I'm prodly Ijaw
Proudly Rivers
Proudly Niger Delta
Proudly Naija

1 Like

Re: Shooting In Etche LGA, Rivers State by otokx(m): 12:16am On Dec 10, 2013
stebell:

I'♍ frm Ukonu Wariapu War Canoe House.
I'm prodly Ijaw
Proudly Rivers
Proudly Niger Delta
Proudly Naija

Tell the baggers

(1) (Reply)

Lamido’s Boycott Of Jonathan’s Campaign Worries Presidency - Punch / The Egbesu God Of War Stirs Awake, And Watches / Biafra: Interesting Argument Between A Yoruba Man And Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.