Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3755760 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:41am On Jul 06, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:43am On Jul 06, 2019
Clubmaster:
I am not the first, the honor belongs to my maternal grandmother.

Does that explain why nobody has a functioning thinking faculty in your family?

You misunderstand. I come from more evolved branch than you. Homo retardus
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:50am On Jul 06, 2019
homo retardus,that one loud o

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I was not hasty to refute your point about time travel in 12 monkeys.

You are contradicting yourself if you say that you cannot alter history once observed. The mere action of going back in time alters history. Your mere presence in the past itself has changed history and created a temporal paradox.

How can the butterfly effect be ignored? It is simple logic that going back in time creates alternate timelines. The only exception is if one goes back in time as an unseen observer.

This is why I prefer time travel inlooper. Time travel occurs in a loop. The past alters the future. The loop can change but it will always remain a closed loop with death.

mekaprime:

The movie 12 monkeys was based on the concept of Butterfly effect. Technically they didn't include the idea of alternate timeline to it. To me, i think the butterfly effect in the movie wasn't well explored. Just saying, a ripple effect in the past by a time traveller ought to create an alternate/parallel universe.

You're not thinking this through. When it comes to time travel, logic goes out the window, remember? Think about it, there is nothing logical about the fabrics of space-time folding together. The very concept of it represent a lot of problems in itself, and in those problems, various space-time inconsistencies known as time paradox are created to rationalize them.

Since the theory of Butterfly effect in it's purest interpretation directly affects time travel in the sense that if time travel exists, we'll ceased to exist since the tinest interaction will ripple permanently into the future, thereby ripping apart the fabrics of space-time. 12 Monkeys worked around this problem by making the time an absolute constant. In 12 Monkeys, travelling back in time allows you to interact with the past, but it doesn't allow you to change the course of history, cuz the timeline is already fixed.

Looper worked around this too, but did so in a more sketchy manner.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 10:55am On Jul 06, 2019
Is having a toxic crush on an evening newspaper like Ishilov also part of your family's evolution traits? Homo Crushus

JeromeBlack:

You misunderstand. I come from more evolved branch than you. Homo retardus
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2019
Clubmaster:
Is having a toxic crush on an evening newspaper like Ishilov also part of your family's evolution traits? Homo Crushus

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2019
Clubmaster:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:04am On Jul 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

You're not thinking this through. When it comes to time travel, logic goes out the window, remember? Think about it, there is nothing logical about the fabrics of space-time folding together. The very concept of it represent a lot of problems in itself, and in those problems, various space-time inconsistencies known as time paradox are created to rationalize them.

Since the theory of Butterfly effect in it's purest interpretation directly affects time travel in the sense that if time travel exists, we'll ceased to exist since the tinest interaction will ripple permanently into the future, thereby ripping apart the fabrics of space-time. 12 Monkeys worked around this problem by making the time an absolute constant. In 12 Monkeys, travelling back in time allows you to interact with the past, but it doesn't allow you to change the course of history, cuz the timeline is already fixed.

Looper worked around this too, but did so in a more sketchy manner.

I prefer Looper's method, it seems
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2019
The enemy of my enemy is my friend grin

JeromeBlack:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2019
Koicereloaded aka dannykoice, why are you always getting banned?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2019
Clubmaster:
The enemy of my enemy is my friend grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I repeat, relativity is not time travel. The only bit of time travel in interstellar occurred at the end with a tessaract.

I am aware of the rigorous scientific work that went into the plot of interstellar. However, there was nothing scientific about the end with the time travel. The tessaract, the bookshelf, the message and the protagonists survival in space were all weak plot stuff. Ex machina.

I posted a link where the science science behind the tessaract is well explained, and with pictures, but the ineptly coded anti-spambot banned my username/hid the comment.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:
Koicereloaded aka dannykoice, why are you always getting banned?

The anti-spambot has a raging hard on for my username, apparently.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Unionised(m): 11:21am On Jul 06, 2019
Shaft 10/10

I'm an equal opportunity ass-whooper.

lol!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2019
DannyKoice:

I posted a link where the science science behind the tessaract is well explained, and with pictures, but the ineptly coded anti-spambot banned my username/hid the comment.

You know what, just tell me what to Google so that I can find the site where the explanation of the tessaract is.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Vecto(m): 11:26am On Jul 06, 2019
Clubmaster:
My question was directed at people with a fully functioning thinking faculty you know smiley

Be patient, I will get to your IQ category soon.

Lame.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I prefer Looper's method, it seems

Looper's approach is more fantastical, and you might even say more memorable, but 12 Monkey's resonates better with me since it's lot more satisfying and believeable. It's more grounded IMO.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:28am On Jul 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Relativity of time is not time travel.

I was talking about the time travel at the end with the tessaract. It was an ex machina.

Directly, it isn't time travel, indirectly, it is. You seem not to be ware of the fact that relativity falls under Time dilation & Time dilation constitutes & falls under the workings of Time travel. There is no way you'll mention the workings of Time travel without emphasis to it's constituents, which is Special & General relativity which falls under Time dilation.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:31am On Jul 06, 2019
mekaprime:

Directly, it isn't time travel, indirectly, it is. You seem not to be ware of the fact that relatively falls under Time dilation & Time dilation constitutes & falls under the workings of Time travel. There is no way you'll mention the workings of Time travel without emphasis to it's constituents, which is Special & General relatively which falls under Time dilation.

grin

Calm down. I didn't study physics. I am not a scientist. I am a philosopher.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:31am On Jul 06, 2019
DannyKoice:

Looper's approach is more fantastical, and you might even say more memorable, but 12 Monkey's resonates better with me since it's lot more satisfying and believeable. It's more grounded IMO.

What will you then say about primer?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

You know what, just tell me what to Google so that I can find the site where the explanation of the tessaract is.

Copy and paste "Real science behind interstellar tessaract" without the quotation marks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 06, 2019
JeromeBlack:

What will you then say about primer?
Don't ever time travel, lolz.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:39am On Jul 06, 2019
DannyKoice:

Copy and paste "Real science behind interstellar tessaract" without the quotation marks.

Thanks, just started reading on it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 06, 2019
mekaprime:

Directly, it isn't time travel, indirectly, it is. You seem not to be ware of the fact that relatively falls under Time dilation & Time dilation constitutes & falls under the workings of Time travel. There is no way you'll mention the workings of Time travel without emphasis to it's constituents, which is Special & General relatively which falls under Time dilation.

I had a bit of hard time comprehending what you wrote, then I realized you spelt "relativity" wrong, then it all made sense.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:50am On Jul 06, 2019
DannyKoice:

I had a bit of hard time comprehending what you wrote, then I realized you spelt "relativity" wrong, then it all made sense.
Tnx for the correction jare, was in haste..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2019
Unionised:
Shaft 10/10

I'm an equal opportunity ass-whooper.

lol!!!
The 2019 movie? I checked online and only found the 2001 movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The bolded of yours stands, and with it, your arguments are well justified. Even if the fabrics of space-time folding together was really a thing, the actual butterfly effect goes against Newton 3rd law which states that every action must have an equal & opposite reaction, if that were the case, then the concept of butterfly effect will be rendered a classic flaw & null & void.

That aside, Let's assume the butterfly effect were possible. What do you think will be the relationship between Predestination & The Butterfly effect?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2019
mekaprime:

That aside, Let's assume the butterfly effect were possible. What do you think will be the relationship between Predestination & The Butterfly effect?

That freewill is an illusion?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2019
Octopusssy:

Haba! the 2019 is there. Just that you probably don't download non mkv movies of 400mb & below, i would've suggested you check Mp4 mania or Fz movies, for their HD quality.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2019
Octopusssy:
It's a sequel to the 2001 Shaft.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.