Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3758007 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I am not a marvel fan. However, marvel is doing well with its movies. One cannot watch spiderman far from home and not leave the cinema happy.

All this long story you have written amounts to nothing. Marvel will continue and if DC does not improve in their movies, they will be relics

What do you expect from DC retards that keep preaching doom for Marvel but they hate they give comeback 10folds to hit them below the belt

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2019
Afobear:

One second after watching Aquaman, man of steel , wonderwoman with Boares, Aba spare part dealer justice league , bvs , I couldn't recall one singular thing from them all . I watched flopzam and I was wailing for my money ... I would have been better off Buying roasted chicken than wasting money on low costume power rangers . I don't know about you DCshit , but I recall this firmly !!!!

“ You can't live with your failure , and where has that brought you to ? Back to me !!!!” DC retard
The truth hurts.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I am not a marvel fan. However, marvel is doing well with its movies. One cannot watch spiderman far from home and not leave the cinema happy.

All this long story you have written amounts to nothing. Marvel will continue and if DC does not improve in their movies, they will be relics
Marvel's happiness is fleeting!
Afobear can attest to that.
Swallow the red pill Jerome. Swallow....
Don't be the zombie that Marvel wants you to be.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Afobear:

What do you expect from DC retards that keep preaching doom for Marvel but they hate they give comeback 10folds to hit them below the belt
The MCU will be forgotten. Mark my words
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by HowillsInterior: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
King of Boys 7/10....... boy was that movie good...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

The truth hurts.

Lazarus pit man , I just told you they truth and I know like a bullet from a gun , it burns but you have to accept it anyway cus you got no choice DC shit
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

The MCU will be forgotten. Mark my words

Same way every one have forgotten DC ( Dead comics ) ?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
HowillsInterior:
Link please

Seen thanks grin

Time to rewatch cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
Afobear:

Lazarus pit man , I just told you they truth and I know like a bullet from a gun , it burns but you have to accept it anyway cus you got no choice DC shit
Afobear!
I'll hold out for you bro.
After all, it's not your fault.
Marvel's shenanigans has made you lose your rationality
I'll be praying over here for you bro.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
Spider Man far from home 10/10 grin grin

Marvel never disappoint. Fantastic fights, good story, and fantastic award winning post credit scene.

Another win for marvel grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

Of course, you used the exact adjectives used for other MCU films since its inception:"always funny and interesting with nice action scenes.

One would have thought that by now words like "thought provoking, mind bending, stylish, captivating, intriguing, realistic, noir" would have been added to the mix.

But no, Marvel's film always have to be "filled with laughter-inducing-one-liners" with "Nice-CGI-forgettable combat-scenes".

Tell yourself the truth, Jeromeblack.

Two days from now, do you think there's anything about this movie that'll stand out or would probably linger in your memory for let's say a period of 6 months. I guess, most likely not.

In as much as I understand, that there is a place/audience for films like this, you, me and every cinephile out there have to agree that Marvel should start doing better.

Nice and funny doesn't cut it. It could be nice, it could be funny and it could have something else added to the mix.

I repeat it again for Marveltards like Mjbolt, hulk616, Vic2ree, Afobear and Gustav25 to hear.

If Marvel should continue like this, their name will be forgotten like a scarf in a desert storm.

Let he who has an ear, hear.

Back to seeing my "Gone baby gone".
cry is free grin
I cant remember anything from flopzam, or even justice trash villian undecided .
What was suicide squad all about

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
HowillsInterior:
the acting was so on point and close to real..

Although the too much yoruba spoken Im the movie was a somehow barrier.
But sure it's worth it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
Coco

8.5 / 10

Great one from Disney... As expected.... Found the little boy annoying for most of the movie tho, but the ending was all manner of Epic smiley

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Unionised(m): 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
nani667:
Coco

8.5 / 10

Great one from Disney... As expected.... Found the little boy annoying for most of the movie tho, but the ending was all manner of Epic smiley

One of my new all time great animations
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2019
If this movie had been produced by another studio.

We all know what this rating would be cheesy

hulk616:
Spider Man far from home 10/10 grin grin

Marvel never disappoint. Fantastic fights, good story, and fantastic award winning post credit scene.

Another win for marvel grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
Shaft-

Cliche storyline but very funny dialogue.

My favorite- "It's your duty to please the booty" cheesy

8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Night School-

Slapstick humour has never been my thing. There's nothing fresh about the storyline, although the underlying theme is a good one.

5.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Rextizz(m): 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2019
krattoss:
the acting was so on point and close to real..

Although the too much yoruba spoken Im the movie was a somehow barrier.
But sure it's worth it
Can I download it on iroko app?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

Of course, you used the exact adjectives used for other MCU films since its inception:"always funny and interesting with nice action scenes.

One would have thought that by now words like "thought provoking, mind bending, stylish, captivating, intriguing, realistic, noir" would have been added to the mix.

But no, Marvel's film always have to be "filled with laughter-inducing-one-liners" with "Nice-CGI-forgettable combat-scenes".

Two days from now, do you think there's anything about this movie that'll stand out or would probably linger in your memory for let's say a period of 6 months. I guess, most likely not.

In as much as I understand, that there is a place/audience for films like this, you, me and every cinephile out there have to agree that Marvel should start doing better.

Nice and funny doesn't cut it. It could be nice, it could be funny and it could have something else added to the mix.

I repeat it again for Marveltards like Mjbolt, hulk616, Vic2ree, Afobear and Gustav25 to hear.

If Marvel should continue like this, their name will be forgotten like a scarf in a desert storm.

In as much as I hate to admit it, MCU is miles ahead of DCEU and also ahead of other action genre.

What MCU got right is its human element

Apart from the Hulk, just look at all the stand alone movies on the Avengers, even Logan was thrown into the mix.

At some point all these characters hit rock bottom.

Wolverine lost his healing powers in Logan, he was just like your average joe that can die.

Tony Stark lost his suit in Iron man series, he was back to square one.

Thor, Ragnar, lost his hammer, it was replaced with self doubt.

Steve Rogers, was a frail looking somebody that was thought would never amount to shiit, he was also at rock bottom.

Even Black Panter was stripped of his powers, so every one could see he won using his human prowess.

Spiderman Homecoming, did you ever wonder why they had to reduce Peter to square one that a whole Spidey was (literally) crying for help?

This scenario tends to happen in most MCU hits, the message is clear, what you do when you hit rock bottom is what makes you a hero.
Following in Stan Lee's philosophy.

Now do get me started with clowns over at DCEU, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and some other 21 century disaster I don't care to remember.
How can you relate with these characters that have been made to look like gods even in their weakest state?
Even when Superman came back from the dead it was like he just went to the bathroom and came back.
No human element, just brawl and fly around.

The only saving grace DC had in the past 2 decade was Batman's The Dark Knight.
From when Bruce was just another lost soul that traveled far and wide to train his human body to become a weapon to becoming a master of his emotions, this any human can relate to and be inspired.

'nuff said.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
pryme:

From the list of movies you are posting of late, its like you are really rolling back the years.

I think will go find me some Blues Brothers "can you see the light?"

Lolz, sure i am. The new flicks we get of late are basically wacky, so to see a good flick worthy of one's enjoyment, you have to transverse backwards time & search for those classic old flicks which are like fine wine, & better with each passing tick.
Wow! Blue Brothers sits at 7.9 on IMDB, & it's also a classic flick, am definitely checking it out, Tnx.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hellboy (2019)...5.5/10
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

The worst of the lot, when compared to the previous 2 instalments. The gory, dark humour, fight scenes, didn't quite cut it out for me. TBF, it was so disappointing & forgettable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
next time you wanna be stupid,kindly stay off my mentions.i wont warn you again

AntiMCU:

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
Afobear:

One second after watching Aquaman, man of steel , wonderwoman with Boares, Aba spare part dealer justice league , bvs , I couldn't recall one singular thing from them all . I watched flopzam and I was wailing for my money ... I would have been better off Buying roasted chicken than wasting money on low costume power rangers . I don't know about you DCshit , but I recall this firmly !!!!

“ You can't live with your failure , and where has that brought you to ? Back to me !!!!” DC retard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
pryme:

In as much as I hate to admit it, MCU is miles ahead of DCEU and also ahead of other action genre.

Apart from the Hulk, just look at all the stand alone movies on the Avengers, even Logan was thrown into the mix.

Wolverine lost his healing powers in Logan, he was just like your average joe that can die.

Steve Rogers, was a frail looking somebody that was thought would never amount to shiit, he was also at rock bottom.

Even Black Panter was stripped of his powers, so every one could see he won using his human prowess.

Spiderman Homecoming, did you ever wonder why they had to reduce Peter to square one that a whole Spidey was (literally) crying for help?

This scenario tends to happen in most MCU hits, the message is clear, what you do when you hit rock bottom is what makes you a hero.

Now do get me started with clowns over at DCEU, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and some other 21 century disaster I don't care to remember.
How can you relate with these characters that have been made to look like gods even in their weakest state?
Even when Superman came back from the dead it was like he just went to the bathroom and came back.

From when Bruce was just another lost soul that traveled far and wide to train his human body to become a weapon to becoming a master of his emotions, this any human can relate to and be inspired.

'nuff said.

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Rextizz(m): 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
Alita:the battle angel
Tiger zinda hai
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
Octopusssy:
Night School-

Slapstick humour has never been my thing. There's nothing fresh about the storyline, although the underlying theme is a good one.

5.5/10
This movie was barely a 2/10 Absolute rubbish storyline with an equally forced 20% humor.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
mekaprime:
Hellboy (2019)...5.5/10
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

The worst of the lot, when compared to the previous 2 instalments. The gory, dark humour, fight scenes, didn't quite cut it out for me. TBF, it was so disappointing & forgettable.
3/10 will suffice here sir, absolute terrible movie that shouldn't have been made. This bombed so hard that it was pulled from cinemas less than a month old.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
pryme:

'nuff said.

School them DC retards...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
nani667:
Coco

8.5 / 10

Un Poco Loco
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
oyaskii:
This movie was barely a 2/10 Absolute rubbish storyline with an equally forced 20% humor.

Archetypal of Kevin Hart's movies .....very boring and unfunny !!!! That guy is bang shit
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
MJBOLT:
next time you wanna be stupid,kindly stay off my mentions.i wont warn you again

(1) (2) (3) ... (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Jon1234 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.