Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3740167 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3820) (3821) (3822) (3823) (3824) (3825) (3826) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 11:02pm On Apr 18
Chibudollar:
really? 8/10
2/10 i need explanation this movie is exactly the same plot as wrath of man
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:28pm On Apr 18
phr0nesis:

In 2007, I remember buying season 1 to 4 of Prison Break. I later found out that season 2 was yet to be concluded

Those people dey mad....na around 2016 I fully port and push to all digital when those werey sold dvds of season 7&8 for "Teen Wolf" and 7 of "The Originals" when people never even reach season 5 na im I know say these people dey GBA.

Cos sometimes I go dey wonder say why am I missing some discourse online when I fully know I watched those seasons. At times the new season wey I buy go come include some parts wey I totally missed and scenes I've already watched in the former season.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 18
Chibudollar:
went to Alaba international market earlier this week, passed through the section where I normally buy DVD series yearssss ago, and couldn't even recognize it anymore. Everything's now digitalized. Remember buying those prison break/24 DVDs back then grin change is truly constant

I was shocked few days ago when I saw a shop with DVDs of old movies for my area. I come begin wonder who tf buys DVDs anymore.
Although, the shop owner had a few other things she sells but the DVDs caught my eye cos dem plenty and looks like the main gig.

Hungry go too beat am. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DyingFetus: 7:12am On Apr 19
abduleez1:

I was shocked few days ago when I saw a shop with DVDs of old movies for my area. I come begin wonder who tf buys DVDs anymore.
Although, the shop owner had a few other things she sells but the DVDs caught my eye cos dem plenty and looks like the main gig.

Hungry go too beat am. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

People still buy movie DVD discs especially people in the rural areas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:55am On Apr 19
sprints1:
dem be werey that year... They will thumbnail it to like 21 and 21 episode split it into 20 min
Omo, you know how many times I don fall for this trick. Alaba boys no suppose de roam freely

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 9:08am On Apr 19
abduleez1:

Those people dey mad....na around 2016 I fully port and push to all digital when those werey sold dvds of season 7&8 for "Teen Wolf" and 7 of "The Originals" when people never even reach season 5 na im I know say these people dey GBA.

Cos sometimes I go dey wonder say why am I missing some discourse online when I fully know I watched those seasons. At times the new season wey I buy go come include some parts wey I totally missed and scenes I've already watched in the former season.
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
We plenty wey dem run street.
Na late 2009, I even know wetin them de call digital (not even by name).
As them de discuss season 5, you wey don already devour season 7 go de look them as cavemen, until you realise say Na you de behind

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:51am On Apr 19
Memories of when we used to buy season 11 of The Vampire Diaries wey get only 6 episodes inside and season 27 of Naruto wey get only 5 episodes.
We saw shege back then

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 11:39am On Apr 19
Rebel Moon Part Two: The Scargiver

Now available!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 12:38pm On Apr 19
Zack Snyder's #RebelMoonPartTwo debuts at 14% on Rotten Tomatoes with 7 reviews.๐ŸŸข

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 1:39pm On Apr 19
Kaycee7:
Memories of when we used to buy season 11 of The Vampire Diaries wey get only 6 episodes inside and season 27 of Naruto wey get only 5 episodes.
We saw shege back then

Wrestle mania part one and two with Bleep- post credits scene grin

our video club guy was taping over po-rno movies and splitting wrestlemania into part 1 and 2

one fine evening we were watching wrestlemania and it cut to a penetration scene. and for a full 2 minutes we were watching with no idea what was happening [what is this ] until the screen opened to an orgy

in the spirit of murphy it was at this point my mum drove in top the house but we were able to stop the video in time

of course later that night i watched the full post credits scene

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 2:01pm On Apr 19
Achilles100:
Wicked Little Letters

Thoroughly enjoyable watch, no propaganda or inclusiveness. Just enjoyable.

7/10.

I enjoyed it.
Just as you said: no propaganda just good laughs and little detective work.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 2:38pm On Apr 19
NotjustcelebTV:
Wura Season 2 (Episode 1-80 Added)

Set against the backdrop of the gold mining industry, Wura follows the secret lives of Wura Amoo-Adeleke, a perfect wife, loving mother, and the ruthless iron lady and Chief Executive of Frontline Gold Mine.

Click to download below

https://nollywoodtube.com.ng/wura-season-2-complete/

does this site have movies like A tribe called Judah" ...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 2:40pm On Apr 19
phr0nesis:

In 2007, I remember buying season 1 to 4 of Prison Break. I later found out that season 2 was yet to be concluded
those people use us make Money no be small ... Dem fit covert one season to 10 Seasons...

grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 3:12pm On Apr 19
phr0nesis:

Omo, you know how many times I don fall for this trick. Alaba boys no suppose de roam freely
abi they will write complete season one and at the end of the day you will only see six episodes out of 23 episodes... Those people will not make heaven... They did it for me with one thrill hill that year
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:01pm On Apr 19
GloriousGbola:

Wrestle mania part one and two with Bleep- post credits scene grin
Seeing as WrestleMania is now 2 nights, I'd say they were ahead of their time grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19
For Maria รˆbรบn Pร tร kรญ (2020).

"When i no sleep, my mother no go sleep....she nor dey tire eh....oh really?"

There are times when Nollywood surprises me with thier strong storytelling which seems to always strengthen my convictions that this Industry can make gems like this, that touch on important topics without the usual trope of the "raz", crass, unnecessary loudness and prop, we have been used to in recent times.

Damilola Orimogunje's For Maria รˆbรบn Pร tร kรญ, touch on a "forbidden" topic and dared where no other film maker in recent times in this clime has dared to venture. For a runtime of a little over an hour, it tells a story of "Derin", who after a traumatic birth experience, falls into postpartum depression and feels disconnected from the child, and basically everyone around her, failing to even realize what was going on and how to even help because the normal "Nigeria condition" doesn't allow for trivia stance like been "depressed" and any form of mental health check is taken with levity here, and so, our dear Aderinsola is easily just tagged as a "Bad mother".

The whole thing was done in basically one location with about 5 cast, but with this meagre resources they were able to tell a very important story with alot of takeaways. Gabriel Afolayan shines here, as he always do, but Meg Otanwa's Aderinsola portrayal of a new mother with zero emotional attachment, was the real deal.her mannerism and utterances were all too real, a clear sign of a supreme performance.

The set location and cinematography was blended in a gloomy and dark way, which horned home the narrative and made it easily relatable, they also threw in some macabre score to serenade the whole thing. They were sound editing and mixing issues but i will forgive those.

i can't promise this is a happy story, far from it, it is as gloomy and dark as they come, but it is a good watch, and i wish more Nigerian filmmakers are this bold to tell, these type of stories.

8/10.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19
sprints1:
abi they will write complete season one and at the end of the day you will only see six episodes out of 23 episodes... Those people will not make heaven... They did it for me with one thrill hill that year
๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
That One Tree Hill, did you ever finish it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 9:25pm On Apr 19
Dune 1 and 2 downloaded. Fingers crossed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 9:39pm On Apr 19
phr0nesis:

๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
That One Tree Hill, did you ever finish it?
stopped at season 7 too many characters added got lost and tired didn't bother to buy the rest again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Babamide(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19
Achilles100:
Wicked Little Letters

Thoroughly enjoyable watch, no propaganda or inclusiveness. Just enjoyable.

7/10.
Very nice.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:11pm On Apr 19
Laroy, Taxas (2023)

A deadbeat simpleton with a cheating wife, is mistaken for a hitman for hire and things kinda just spiralled into the most funniest sequence of events ever, when the real hitman shows up ๐Ÿ˜….

this is probably the funniest flick i have seen in awhile so if you're looking for something funny and light hearted for the weekend....look no further. i totally recommend. โ˜บ๏ธ

7/10.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ballzproblem2: 11:28pm On Apr 19
smiley anytime I don't have any highly rated series to watch I like going back to superhero root.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 12:47am On Apr 20
oyaskii:
Laroy, Taxas (2023)

A deadbeat simpleton with a cheating wife, is mistaken for a hitman for hire and things kinda just spiralled into the most funniest sequence of events ever, when the real hitman shows up ๐Ÿ˜….

this is probably the funniest flick i have seen in awhile so if you're looking for something funny and light hearted for the weekend....look no further. i totally recommend. โ˜บ๏ธ

7/10.

Saw it yesterday. That simp made my blood boil. Like it was so evident what she was doing, yet the simp was doing simp things. It's a 7 for me too.

I like the light hearted movies that are coming out this period. They make sense.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 12:49am On Apr 20
The Greatest Hits.

Love story mixed with a little time travel. Enjoyable watch.

Side note: How much do these companies pay musicians or recording companies to use their songs in movies, cos the number of tracks that was played in this movie was insane.

6.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 1:12am On Apr 20
Been looking forward to this movie. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EmmyMaestro(m): 1:45am On Apr 20
Is the Three Musketeers: Milady out yet
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 6:53am On Apr 20
abduleez1:

Abigail.

I think it's out on VOD already.
Are you sure?

Read somewhere it came out yesterday in cinema in the US. The rating is very impressive, for a vampire movie. Highest I've seen for sometime now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:02am On Apr 20
SOZINN:
Zack Snyder's #RebelMoonPartTwo debuts at 14% on Rotten Tomatoes with 7 reviews.๐ŸŸข

I agree. The movie was bland as F. It could have been done with a couple of unknowns and less cgi and still have the same results. Rebel moon has nothing new to offer and is complete shit.

This would have been a classic in the 90s and early 2000s.

This was a cliche overdone story

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 9:41am On Apr 20
oyaskii:
For Maria รˆbรบn Pร tร kรญ (2020).

"When i no sleep, my mother no go sleep....she nor dey tire eh....oh really?"

There are times when Nollywood surprises me with thier strong storytelling which seems to always strengthen my convictions that this Industry can make gems like this, that touch on important topics without the usual trope of the "raz", crass, unnecessary loudness and prop, we have been used to in recent times.

Damilola Orimogunje's For Maria รˆbรบn Pร tร kรญ, touch on a "forbidden" topic and dared where no other film maker in recent times in this clime has dared to venture. For a runtime of a little over an hour, it tells a story of "Derin", who after a traumatic birth experience, falls into postpartum depression and feels disconnected from the child, and basically everyone around her, failing to even realize what was going on and how to even help because the normal "Nigeria condition" doesn't allow for trivia stance like been "depressed" and any form of mental health check is taken with levity here, and so, our dear Aderinsola is easily just tagged as a "Bad mother".

The whole thing was done in basically one location with about 5 cast, but with this meagre resources they were able to tell a very important story with alot of takeaways. Gabriel Afolayan shines here, as he always do, but Meg Otanwa's Aderinsola portrayal of a new mother with zero emotional attachment, was the real deal.her mannerism and utterances were all too real, a clear sign of a supreme performance.

The set location and cinematography was blended in a gloomy and dark way, which horned home the narrative and made it easily relatable, they also threw in some macabre score to serenade the whole thing. They were sound editing and mixing issues but i will forgive those.

i can't promise this is a happy story, far from it, it is as gloomy and dark as they come, but it is a good watch, and i wish more Nigerian filmmakers are this bold to tell, these type of stories.

8/10.
Please You have link to this movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:50am On Apr 20
abduleez1:

I can relate. grin

Then they will take a season and split into two DVDs or is it the one that you'll see a new film on a DVD collection not knowing it is cinema-dubbed.

Na because of them I never finish Smallville till today: I buy Season 7 DVD not knowing na still Season 4 them dey for real life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 12:02pm On Apr 20
Raalsalghul:

I can relate. grin

Then they will take a season and split into two DVDs or is it the one that you'll see a new film on a DVD collection not knowing it is cinema-dubbed.

Na because of them I never finish Smallville till today: I buy Season 7 DVD not knowing na still Season 4 them dey for real life.

Almost anyone who bought dvds then can relate. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:27pm On Apr 20
Raalsalghul:

I can relate. grin

Remember the hacks we came up with or learnt to avoid some of these.
Like only buying from stores that would play the DVD first so you could see the quality of the movies.
And buying only series that were compiled by R5 cos them R5 guys had a reputation for listing the exact no of episodes on the disc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3820) (3821) (3822) (3823) (3824) (3825) (3826) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Megatron111, Nickshrapnel and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.