Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3743973 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3823) (3824) (3825) (3826) (3827) (3828) (3829) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22
NeoWanZaeed:

Wasn't emotional? I rest my case dude

More like emotional bait...

The movie was trying to reap without sowing...

Playing sorrowful music during death of characters who barely had any interaction throughout the movie...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:32pm On Apr 22
Baddestguyp:
Rebel Moon Part Two: The Scargiver....7/10

This movie was better than the first but the underlying issues remain...

Characters...characters...characters...

Rather than spending time developing many of the characters, the movie spent more time using music and "emotional baits" to attempt to get us to care about the characters...

The only characters who seemed to be slightly more developed in this movie were General Titus and Kora...

take Nemesis for instance...I doubt Nemesis spoke up to 5 lines in the entire movie...
Are we supposed to care about a character who doesn't even speak just because emotional music is played during her scenes and she wears a sad facial expression?

The same goes for several other characters in this movie...rather than spending time developing these characters, what we get is emotional or epic music during their scenes and good cinematographic shots...

In other words, my complaints regarding characters from the first movie still stands...

Second aspect is lore...
It feels like the lore in this world makes no sense but is merely there for stylistic purposes...

Take for instance the scene where the former king was killed...with the instrumentalists playing at the background...what were they there for?

Why would anyone stage an assassination with a whole band playing in the same room? It serves no purpose apart from style...

The same goes for the Scribes who came out to the battlefield during the negotiations even though they were easy targets there...
Why exactly were they there? So the scenery and costume looks good?

You don't need Scribes out in the middle of the battlefield recording events...when their books gets destroyed immediately...
It makes them just look stΓ»pid...

And why is Kora called the Scargiver?
What exactly did she do to earn that nickname?
I kept asking myself if I missed something in the movie as to why she got that nickname because something like "princess Slayer" would be more fitting grin
Or "king Slayer" because she was falsely accused of killing the king

The plotline with the robot still feels like a useless addition...

The biggest improvement from the first movie was the action sequences for me...
There were still slow-motion sequences but at least, now the action scenes felt like they were better directed...

The Cinematographic shots of villagers harvesting grains was tiring to watch...
It felt like an elongated farming simulator without the story depth to go with it...

A group of old villagers who never used guns until 2 days before the invasion somehow being good at shooting is so unrealistic (since they spent 3 out of the 5 days harvesting grains)...

Characters fighting heroically in the front lines out in the open without cover while you could see shots flying everywhere around them looks only epic to an 8 years old...
But very dΓ»mb to any adult watching the movie...

The second half of the movie at the end of the day is still an enjoyable watch especially since the second half is basically a long battle with millions of huge explosions...Synder style...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 4:33pm On Apr 22
abduleez1:
It's here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cen0rBKLuYE?si=3iJAc_wxDJj0csS_

The chills
This movie should conveniently get 1b
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 4:47pm On Apr 22
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22
Baddestguyp:

Playing sorrowful music during death of characters who barely had any interaction throughout the movie...
Character development so bad, that all the characters could have died, including Kora, and i still wouldn't be arsed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 22
Looks interesting from M. Night Shyamalan's wife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYo91Fq9tKY?si=rQNujbCC8pWbAaim
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 5:22pm On Apr 22
abduleez1:
Looks interesting from M. Night Shyamalan's wife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYo91Fq9tKY?si=rQNujbCC8pWbAaim
daughter
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22
Illusioneffect:

daughter

I see.... Seems he's a producer in the movie too.

He also has a movie later this year with WB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJiPAJKjUVg
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 7:51pm On Apr 22
oyaskii:
Character development so bad, that all the characters could have died, including Kora, and i still wouldn't be arsed.
The same feeling I had while watching it.
That scene where they were all dropping their back stories one by one, my hand was on the forward button.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:06pm On Apr 22
Baddestguyp:

You keep saying the same thing word for word over and over again.

This your review.. na twitter you copy am lol

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22
Baddestguyp:

Na me you talk say only dey Interested in fight scenes?

Na wa oh...

Maybe you didn't know who you were arguing with sad

One of my favorite shows last year was Vinland Saga S2. The entire season of 24 Episodes had only like 2 or 3 short fight scenes...

Literally 70% of the season was about characters farming...

But I only enjoy action scenes according to you...smh...

I watched 3 Body Problem like some week back and even went into a deep dive on the lore and story spoilers...but according to you I can't enjoy a show without action

You no like Snyder. You not liking the movie is understood bro grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cezarman(m): 9:01pm On Apr 22
NeoWanZaeed:

Most people are only interested in the fight scenes and expected expectations of them about a movie to be actualise lol

Movies... Should be to expect unexpected.

Everybody that dislike this movie hates or dislike Snyder lol..

Even as great as his Justice League movie is.. most still dislike him.

Zack is the cr7 of movies

I still have Watchmen, justice league (director's cut) army of the dead in my phone right now bro... I like him.

But I just can't help being honest on this one. Just like someone said... I gave him a little credit on the part one, hoping this one go try small.

Bro... Sucker punch that you talked about is better than this, and I feel pained.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 9:09pm On Apr 22
WriterNig:
πŸŽ₯ Immaculate (2024) = 6.2/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Decent horror movie. Gave me a good scare.

lmao .. Sydney in a horror movie ... It must be joke.. niggaz would be busy ogling at her boobs rather than getting frightened from this movie...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:25pm On Apr 22
Silentgroper:
lmao .. Sydney in a horror movie ... It must be joke.. niggaz would be busy ogling at her boobs rather than getting frightened from this movie...

Wetin dey do you Bros.... Why you dey cast am?? πŸ‘€
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 9:44pm On Apr 22
abduleez1:

Wetin dey do you Bros.... Why you dey cast am?? πŸ‘€
OH so dem show boobs for de film? grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:58pm On Apr 22
joseph1832:
OH so dem show boobs for de film? grin cheesy

E plenty sef.... I never watch the film but I catch glimpses of the breast for the trailer and I surely know say something premium go sup inside the main movie. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:27pm On Apr 22
cezarman:

I still have Watchmen, justice league (director's cut) army of the dead in my phone right now bro... I like him.

But I just can't help being honest on this one. Just like someone said... I gave him a little credit on the part one, hoping this one go try small.

Bro... Sucker punch that you talked about is better than this, and I feel pained.

TH!!!
Sucker Punch better than Rebel Moon?

I have fainted grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 11:06pm On Apr 22
abduleez1:

E plenty sef.... I never watch the film but I catch glimpses of the breast for the trailer and I surely know say something premium go sup inside the main movie. grin
Nothing more than what you saw in the trailer, na everything be that. Madam cover up almost throughout the movie.
Very deceptive movie - No horror, no Sweeney bxxbs, just blood and tears
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:13pm On Apr 22
phr0nesis:

The same feeling I had while watching it.
That scene where there were all dropping their back stories one by one, my hand was on the forward button.
lol I saw General Titus crying, and i actually burst out laughing cuz Djimon Hounsou ain't even built like that, so that secne emotional gimmick didn't move me.

I didn't/don't care for the characters one bit. Balisarius and the Imperium could smoke all thier arses, and i will still be chilled.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:18pm On Apr 22
phr0nesis:

Nothing more than what you saw in the trailer, na everything be that. Madam cover up almost throughout the movie.
lol I suggest seeing "[i]The Voyeurs" 2018 [/i]for more in depth analysis of the subject matter ☺️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 6:50am On Apr 23
abduleez1:

na so. Na guarantee to watch am sharp sharp. Lol.

Na to add am my watch list.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 7:23am On Apr 23
abduleez1:

The way they are sexualising this lady ehn
Any small thing they start showing her boobs, we go soon get tired
Jenna Ortega and zendaya must be jealous of her
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:14am On Apr 23
oyaskii:
lol I suggest seeing "[i]The Voyeurs" 2018 [/i]for more in depth analysis of the subject matter ☺️
I'll check it out.

For its good storytelling 🫣
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 8:26am On Apr 23
phr0nesis:

Singing to fella
They leave sorrow tears and blood their regular trademark
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:40am On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:

This one no get at all. If she try anything the world go know if those boobs increase by 1cm sef.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 8:54am On Apr 23
grin grin grin
Agbalumo big pass that thing she call chest
armadeo:

This one no get at all. If she try anything the world go know if those boobs increase by 1cm sef.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 8:56am On Apr 23
Indian John wick(monkey man) is out
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 9:06am On Apr 23
oyaskii:
lol I saw General Titus crying, and i actually burst out laughing cuz Djimon Hounsou ain't even built like that, so that secne emotional gimmick didn't move me.

I didn't/don't care for the characters one bit. Balisarius and the Imperium could smoke all thier arses, and i will still be chilled.
Same here bro. I thought I was the only wicked one

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I think I've seen him cry before, and it was convincing, not this rubbish Snyder gave us.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:54pm On Apr 23
phr0nesis:

Same here bro. I thought I was the only wicked one

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I think I've seen him cry before, and it was convincing, not this rubbish Snyder gave us.
I

Lol, wetin be all this na.... grin grin
See finishing.

Wey that Snyder Apologist dey... grin I never drop my own review yet, see people own.
If I drop mine wetin go sup bayi. grin grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:56pm On Apr 23
phr0nesis:

Omo, so you mean say dem scam us??

E no concern me sha... I still dey see outlines of the bxxbs. grin grin
I go still watch... also lined up "Anyone But You".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23
iamoyindamola:

We will never get tired bruh....
Dem no show us breast for "Reality", nothing for "Madame Webb", I don't think anything serious even dey "Anyone But You' sef. I'm happy for her getting diverse roles sha and widening her portfolio.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 23
It's girl power time.... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3823) (3824) (3825) (3826) (3827) (3828) (3829) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.