Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3739334 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:27pm On May 03, 2018
armadeo:

Predestination was insane. I screamednout at the scene where man meets woman. Lol.

I finally understand this line. My eyebrows rose to my hairline during the ending scenes grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 03, 2018
Ishilove:

Already downloading. Office WiFi go suffer today cheesy
Na mystery/horror movie o grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:33pm On May 03, 2018
armadeo:
Stop the spoilers on infinity war please. Let others peeps enjoy.

I remember abandoning the GOT thread cos I like to binge on it.

I taya
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:34pm On May 03, 2018
Nnaabros:
Na mystery/horror movie o grin
Horror? angry

I don't like horror movies... cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:35pm On May 03, 2018
mekaprime:

Try Looper, although it's not as mind fucking as predestination
I've seen Looper, like two years now. It's insane but Predestination takes the trophy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:36pm On May 03, 2018
Csami:

I think those that went missing changed planet. Nobody except those in marvel that have direct knowledge about infinity war knew what that ending was about. They can't just kill off 90% of their entire cast.
Lol..I think you have a misconception about this death. The death doesn't really mean Marvel killed off 90% of their cast. I think they simply went on a break, besides, it's not even their movie(those who died). Like I said in my previous post,it's temporary & they'll be back. It's Just that none of those superheroes who died will feature in their individual movie until the infinity war sequel is completed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:47pm On May 03, 2018
Nnaabros:

I can't see any other person who can stand up to Thanos, with the combined galactic heroes terribly beaten and half of them eviscerated. Unless they're going to bring in some Xmen Heroes, like Jane the Phoenix. Thanos is virtually a god now.

I guess this is the end of the Avengers and the Guardians grin grin
u seem to forget Agents of shield is also kinda a branch of Avengers & they've got some powerful inhumans. let's keep our fingers crossed as the sequel unfolds.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 7:11pm On May 03, 2018
Ishilove:

I've seen Looper, like two years now. It's insane but Predestination takes the trophy grin

forget that horror ish, mild jump scares if at all. noting like blood bath or chewy monsters, a thriller nut mind bending in its thrills.

i watched that movie over a decade ago and the shock made me remember it. its exquisite simplicity of story telling.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by roqrules04(m): 7:12pm On May 03, 2018
Final Destination 3 grin
Its an old movie though
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by afroxyz: 7:17pm On May 03, 2018
Ishilove:

Already downloading. Office WiFi go suffer today cheesy

What sites do you download movies from?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 7:26pm On May 03, 2018
Anyone seen Winchester? Is it horror enough?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2018
Csami:
Anyone seen Winchester? Is it horror enough?
Can be scary to some though but average to me. Horror movies are my favourite sha grin But quite cool as per real life story ish.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:50pm On May 03, 2018
afroxyz:

What sites do you download movies from?
Yts.me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:52pm On May 03, 2018
armadeo:

forget that horror ish, mild jump scares if at all. noting like blood bath or chewy monsters, a thriller nut mind bending in its thrills.

i watched that movie over a decade ago and the shock made me remember it. its exquisite simplicity of story telling.
So it's not like Annabelle Creation?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 8:32pm On May 03, 2018
Black Panther 7/10

Too much tales to hold.... Africa country having that kind of technology, a boring tech at that.
And the American panther put more energy in his acting than the original panther, the guy is just kinda boring for an action movie.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:02pm On May 03, 2018
Ishilove:
Predestination- What the FVCK did I just watch?!?? shocked shocked embarassed

8.5/10, and that's because it left me dizzy. WOW!! cheesy cheesy

Armadeo, do you know anymore mindfucking movies aside Momento? grin

Beorn, did you see what I saw? cheesy

I wanted to send the movie to a movie freak friend of mine today and he told me I shouldnt bother that he'd already watched it years ago when it came out newly. He told me watching Predestination back then made him realise the kinda gulf between Hollywood and every other "Woods" out there and challenged me to find him any movie in Nollywood close to the intelligence in Predestination and he will quit Hollywood movies. LOL.

I'm keeping Memento and The Others for my weekend groove. I don't want to rush any of them. I'll watch Black Panther tomorrow before feasting on them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:06pm On May 03, 2018
armadeo:

Predestination was insane. I screamednout at the scene where man meets woman. Lol.

The realisation of a man meeting a female version of himself, falling in love with her, impregnating her and giving birth to her is the magnum opus of mind-twisting for me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:09pm On May 03, 2018
armadeo:
Stop the spoilers on infinity war please. Let others peeps enjoy.

I remember abandoning the GOT thread cos I like to binge on it.

Next year am gonna get all six episodes and watch all at once on a Friday night.

That thread crawls with the worst spoilers posters known on earth. It's like they are in a competition to outdo each other in spoiling business. Like they want to claim PHd in posting spoilers, so I quickly unfollwed the thread too.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 9:20pm On May 03, 2018
black panther.....

8/10......the little sister tho..."oh wait,stop shooting, let me put on my helmet"......grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 9:21pm On May 03, 2018
Beorn:

That thread crawls with the worst spoilers posters known on earth. It's like they are in a competition to outdo each other in spoiling business. Like they want to claim PHd in posting spoilers, so I quickly unfollwed the thread too.

damn...gringrin.....he said PhDgringrin.....na to lock you up with a "spoilee" inside one room....grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:25pm On May 03, 2018
Seunpaul01:
Black Panther 7/10

Too much tales to hold.... Africa country having that kind of technology, a boring tech at that.
And the American panther put more energy in his acting than the original panther, the guy is just kinda boring for an action movie.

Chadwick bossman (watch Draft day & Marshall) is a charismatic actor, but that was how they wanted him to play the role, calm and collected.

Though i must admit Micheal B, Jordan was excellent in his role as a villain.

'I will take you both, Uncle james'

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by colossus2: 9:26pm On May 03, 2018
Nnaabros:

I can't see any other person who can stand up to Thanos, with the combined galactic heroes terribly beaten and half of them eviscerated. Unless they're going to bring in some Xmen Heroes, like Jane the Phoenix. Thanos is virtually a god now.

I guess this is the end of the Avengers and the Guardians grin grin
Captain Marvel. She is damn good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:38pm On May 03, 2018
SAMBHOSS:

damn...gringrin.....he said PhDgringrin.....na to lock you up with a "spoilee" inside one room....grin

If there's an international manhunt for any human be him a Nigerian or not, for commiting a "spoilers" crime, you must find him or her in that thread.

The few times I followed that thread, 3 or 4 days before an episode premiers in the foreign countries, even though it's not been out for download, the fratboys of spoilers are already posting spoilers of the episode. WTF. It's like they hacked the laptops of the producers of the series to leak the infos. I won't be surprised if the director of the series and owner of the GOT novels are on that thread. If they invade this thread, I'll unfollow it and never look back. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:51pm On May 03, 2018
Beorn:

I wanted to send the movie to a movie freak friend of mine today and he told me I shouldnt bother that he'd already watched it years ago when it came out newly. He told me watching Predestination back then made him realise the kinda gulf between Hollywood and every other "Woods" out there and challenged me to find him any movie in Nollywood close to the intelligence in Predestination and he will quit Hollywood movies. LOL.

I'm keeping Memento and The Others for my weekend groove. I don't want to rush any of them. I'll watch Black Panther tomorrow before feasting on them.
Predestination is a wildly brilliant movie. I don't even know how they came up with such a daring concept.

I'm going to look for Memento tomorrow to download, and then it's gonna be a loooooong weekend cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 03, 2018
Ishilove:

Predestination is a wildly brilliant movie. I don't even know how they came up with such a daring concept.

I'm going to look for Memento tomorrow to download, and then it's gonna be a loooooong weekend cheesy

Is it as good as inception?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:06pm On May 03, 2018
oyb:

Is it as good as inception?
It's like Inception, minus the visual effects. The storyline is also very convoluted in a very mind fvcking way. The major themes explored are fate and destiny.

In retrospect, I think the movie is a metaphor on the mind of God. How totally life defies logic. Random acts that cannot be explained are sometimes attributed to the hand of God. Some terrible things happen and we ask ourselves "is this destiny?"

If we were to peep into His mind, what would we see?

Predestination is one of the most daring movies I've ever watched.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 03, 2018
Ishilove:

It's like Inception, minus the visual effects. The storyline is also very convoluted in a very mind fvcking way. The major themes explored are fate and destiny.

In retrospect, I think the movie is a metaphor on the mind of God. How totally life defies logic. Random acts that cannot be explained are sometimes attributed to the hand of God. Some terrible things happen and we ask ourselves "is this destiny?"

If we were to peep into His mind, what would we see?

Predestination is one of the most daring movies I've ever watched.

well, if you like that , maybe you will like this tv show

continuum

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Continuum_(TV_series)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:21pm On May 03, 2018
Black panther Trivia

The younger version of Forest Whitaker's character, Zuri, is played by Denzel Whitaker. Although they share the same surname, they are not father and son, nor are they related. They both also appeared in The Great Debaters (2007) (starring Denzel Washington, whom Denzel Whittaker was named after) where funnily enough, they played father and son. Forest Whitaker has a son called Ocean Whitaker who was born in the same year as Denzel Whitaker.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:21pm On May 03, 2018
oyb:

well, if you like that , maybe you will like this tv show

continuum

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Continuum_(TV_series)

Thanks dear
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:42pm On May 03, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
black panther.....

8/10......the little sister tho..."oh wait,stop shooting, let me put on my helmet"......grin

that girl was superb, i like her character.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by introvertme: 10:59pm On May 03, 2018
Inception had spent close to a year on my phone.

After watching it,I felt like crying.

I would have just deleted it instead of wasting my mb and time.

Inception and memento are among the worst movies I've seen.

These days Mindfuck=Total bore,like fall of the chair while sleeping kind of bore.

The two movies combined isn't even half of a black mirror episode.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2018
introvertme:

Inception had spent close to a year on my phone.

After watching it,I felt like crying.

I would have just deleted it instead of wasting my mb and time.

Inception and memento are among the worst movies I've seen.

These days Mindfuck=Total bore,like fall of the chair while sleeping kind of bore.

The two movies combined isn't even half of a black mirror episode.

WTF did you just say?

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: NerdSciBot and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.