Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3784759 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (3844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BigBudi(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2018
Gringo is actually not bad... David Oyelowo nailed the accent... I give it a solid 7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 26, 2018
Beorn:

I'm struggling to keep up with the long list complicated movies Koice suggested, then you want me to add a series to it? Kuku kee me!!

Koice, is Westworld worth my time?

Westworld is fantastic. I don't understand why some folks call it a mindf**k, because, clearly, it ain't that... at all. Granted, it gets a bit complicated at the beginning and at the middle, but that can be attributed to it's non-linear mode of storytelling. Towards the ending, however, things started to clear up a little, and answers were finally provided at the season finale. Haven't started watching season 2 as of yet, but I imagine it wouldn't be very hard to follow now that certain antecedents have been cleared. Give it a watch, you'd probably enjoy it.

Having said that, you might find Legion a bit of a head scratcher. Now, that's a proper mindf**ker if ever there is one. It's the television version of Cloud Atlas and a lighter form of the greatest mindf**ker of all, Twin Peaks. Things you see don't always occur on the same timeline or dimension.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 26, 2018
troubleseller:
Really. I didn't find it as twisted as Memento. It just tells a story over different timelines. Something like the Legion series did recently.

Actually, Momento is easier to decipher. It's a story told in reverse chronological order, whilst Cloud Atlas is about a reincarnation of a soul across centuries, and how the actions of of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, and as one soul is shaped from a killer to a hero through an act of kindness, to inspire a revolution. Kinda convoluted, isn't it? Yup, that's Cloud Atlas in a heartbeat.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obonujoker(m): 6:07pm On May 26, 2018
Moneyboyz:

Yeah you are not alone bro..
I wasted 2 hours of my life watching the movie

Lolsss... yours is better... spenk 4k with my babe watching it at the cinema... I wan die that day... grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obonujoker(m): 6:10pm On May 26, 2018
Samson... just downloaded it, don't know how interesting it is...

Den of thieves: Wanna watch it again.... grin

Red sparrow... Jennifer Lawrence's small boobs though ....

Waiting actually for...

Ocean 8... Sandra Bullock and co...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:17pm On May 26, 2018
koice:

Westworld is fantastic. I don't understand why some folks find call it a mindf**k, because, clearly, it ain't that... at all. Granted, it gets a bit complicated at the beginning and at the middle, but that can be attributed to it's non-linear mode of storytelling. Towards the ending, however, things started to clear up a little, and answers were finally provided at the season finale. Haven't started watching season 2 as of yet, but I imagine it wouldn't be very hard to follow now that certain antecedents have been cleared. Give it a watch, you'd probably enjoy it.

Having said that, you might find Legion a bit of an head scratcher. Now, that's a proper mindf**ker if ever there is one. It's the television version of Cloud Atlas and a lighter form of the greatest mindf**ker of all, Twin Peaks. Things you see don't always occur on the same timeline or dimension.

I will watch Westworld especially now you've confirmed it's not like Cloud Atlas. I don't need a show that'll leave me scratching my head, which also rules out Legion. But my curiosity is piqued with mention of Twin Peaks. Is it worth the watch? Also I Googled it and saw it has a 1990 version and also a 2017 version. Which of them is the one you were talking about in this post? The one of 1990 was given a high rating and I love the genre.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:20pm On May 26, 2018
koice:

Actually, Momento is easier to decipher. It's a story told a reverse chronological order, whilst Cloud Atlas is about a reincarnation of a soul across centuries, and how the actions of of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, as one soul is shaped from a killer to a hero through an act of kindness, to inspire a revolution. Kinda convoluted, isn't it? Yup, that's Cloud Atlas in a heartbeat.

Yep, that's Cloud Atlas. I was surprised he found Memento more complicated than Cloud Atlas. Memento is a learner when compared to Cloud Atlas.

And the directors made it more complicated by using same characters across the 6 timelines.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 26, 2018
Beorn:

I will watch Westworld especially now you've confirmed it's not like Cloud Atlas. I don't need a show that'll leave me scratching my head, which also rules out Legion. But my curiosity is piqued with mention of Twin Peaks. Is it worth the watch? Also I Googled it and saw it has a 1990 version and also a 2017 version. Which of them is the one you were talking about in this post? The one of 1990 was given a high rating and I love the genre.

O'boy. I'd rather you watch Legion than Twin Peaks oo. At least, the former tells a story, even if in a very confusing way.

The 2017 installment is the continuation of the series... and the craziest of them all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 26, 2018
Beorn:

Yep, that's Cloud Atlas. I was surprised he found Memento more complicated than Cloud Atlas. Memento is a learner when compared to Cloud Atlas.

And the directors made it more complicated by using same characters across the 6 timelines.

Gbam! Cloud Atlas makes Momento look tame by comparison.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AvsGot007(m): 1:24am On May 27, 2018
Beorn:

I have bookmarks of various film websites. Saves me a lot of headache. grin
where to download memento and cloud atlas pls
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:03am On May 27, 2018
Standoff- 7/10

A man's chance meeting with a little girl gives him a chance at restitituition. Starring Laurence Fishburn and Thomas Jane
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 8:15am On May 27, 2018
finally watched predestination

I'm now madgringrin

it's something else
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jammer777: 1:42pm On May 27, 2018
A quiet place - well above average rating for me.

Refreshingly interesting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:20pm On May 27, 2018
The Shining - maybe if I'd watched it in the 80s and not with a 20th century perspective/lens, I'd have found it interesting, intriguing and scary like most horror movies. The movie was unnecessarily long, with unnecessary long dialogues instead of cutting to the chase and getting down to the basics. The acting of Jack's wife was particularly uninspiring. I find the movie kinda childish. It didn't get my heart racing one bit till around the last 15 minutes of the film when Wendy started seeing ghosts and the flowing blood. I mean, it took over an hour for me to witness a real ghost action when the old woman and Jack kissed. I slept off last night while watching it after the Champions League final match. That's how boring I found it. embarassed

The Shining 3/10. Koice, this is the only taint in your list of wonderful suggestions. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 4:25pm On May 27, 2018
AvsGot007:
where to download memento and cloud atlas pls

Cloud Atlas

Memento
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2018
Beorn:
The Shining - maybe if I'd watched it in the 80s and not with a 20th century perspective/lens, I'd have found it interesting, intriguing and scary like most horror movies. The movie was unnecessarily long, with unnecessary long dialogues instead of cutting to the chase and getting down to the basics. The acting of Jack's wife was particularly uninspiring. I find the movie kinda childish. It didn't get my heart racing one bit till around the last 15 minutes of the film when Wendy started seeing ghosts and the flowing blood. I mean, it took over an hour for me to witness a real ghost action when the old woman and Jack kissed. I slept off last night while watching it after the Champions League final match. That's how boring I found it. embarassed

The Shining 3/10. Koice, this is the only taint in your list of wonderful suggestions. grin

Be careful with old movies, they are like throwback photos and you know how they look compared to new advanced tech cams.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 5:42pm On May 27, 2018
Pacific Rim 2: Uprising.

I feel like I'm about to be disappointed, but it's nice hearing Boyega's natural accent. Wait a sec, no bi WizKid's voice be that... 3 minutes and he's still narrating?!

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by rawdpiper(m): 7:59pm On May 27, 2018
any suggestions for downloading movies in 720p?

@koice @cao
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 27, 2018
Beorn:

I'm surprised to hear that, cuz I geniunely found it scary when I saw it like 13 years ago. Maybe it helped that I read the novel prior to, but again, I've always liked classics. 3/10 is not a fair score for a classic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 27, 2018
oyetpel:

Be careful with old movies, they are like throwback photos and you know how they look compared to new advanced tech cams.

Good point. The Godfather comes to mind. It's old and the video quality when compared with the 21st high standards is very meh, but it's perfect for that period, and added to the air of authenticity.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 27, 2018
rawdpiper:
any suggestions for downloading movies in 720p?

Movie archives categorized yearly in 720p and 1080p

Click here
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by rawdpiper(m): 9:31pm On May 27, 2018
koice:

Movie archives categorized yearly in 720p and 1080p

Click here

Thanks.... any other one, site seems slow
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 27, 2018
rawdpiper:

Thanks.... any other one, site seems slow

It hastens up after midnight. Anyhoo, try THIS.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:15am On May 28, 2018
Batman ninja

Samson

The Strangers: Prey at Night

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hitwe99: 2:07am On May 28, 2018
Into the badland season 3
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 2:19am On May 28, 2018
Ishilove:
Standoff- 7/10

A man's chance meeting with a little girl gives him a chance at restitituition. Starring Laurence Fishburn and Thomas Jane

I hope I will enjoy watching this movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 4:22am On May 28, 2018
I think I need help here, I just finished watching the movie "The Other" for the second time but don't seems to understand what happened at the end of the movie. Are they all ghost in the movie, when did they died I mean the mother and the children

That young girl make me love that movie her boldness is out of thus world.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 6:14am On May 28, 2018
Ishilove:
Standoff- 7/10

which year was this movie released?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 9:01am On May 28, 2018
koice:

Westworld is fantastic. I don't understand why some folks call it a mindf**k, because, clearly, it ain't that... at all. Granted, it gets a bit complicated at the beginning and at the middle, but that can be attributed to it's non-linear mode of storytelling. Towards the ending, however, things started to clear up a little, and answers were finally provided at the season finale. Haven't started watching season 2 as of yet, but I imagine it wouldn't be very hard to follow now that certain antecedents have been cleared. Give it a watch, you'd probably enjoy it.

Having said that, you might find Legion a bit of a head scratcher. Now, that's a proper mindf**ker if ever there is one. It's the television version of Cloud Atlas and a lighter form of the greatest mindf**ker of all, Twin Peaks. Things you see don't always occur on the same timeline or dimension.
Mtsk. This guy....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:05am On May 28, 2018
Funjosh:
I think I need help here, I just finished watching the movie "The Other" for the second time but don't seems to understand what happened at the end of the movie. Are they all ghost in the movie, when did they died I mean the mother and the children

That young girl make me love that movie her boldness is out of thus world.
Did you not listen to the dialogue?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:05am On May 28, 2018
J2381:
which year was this movie released?
2015 or so

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (3844) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.