Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:31 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3995936 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (3912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 11:01am On Jul 15, 2018
troubleseller:
I just dey feel c-o low-key. She just comments the movie she is currently watching without rating until she is asked unlike sme other ppl (ya no yaself).
Posting a movie without rating here is useless. The main reason I (and I believe its same for others too) come here is to look for movies with good ratings to download.

We want to know how good the movie you are watching or have watched is.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2018
ola12:
Game night 8/10. Fun movie
I just watched the trailer on YouTube, looks good. Downloading.
Thank you.
smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2018
Viking007:
Posting a movie without rating here is useless. The main reason I (and I believe its same for others too) come here is to look for movies with good ratings to download. We want to know how good the movie you are watching or have watched is.
Someone's rating might be very different from your own (a la Breadwinner). Taste is very subjective.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by calliope(f): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2018
Egohunter:
Rampage is a very rubbish movie.. nothing spectacular
My opinion, remember? undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 11:46am On Jul 15, 2018
troubleseller:
Someone's rating might be very different from your own (a la Breadwinner). Taste is very subjective.
I never said the ratings must be the same. Good or bad, it still acts as a guide. Data is expensive.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
Fictional:
Vikings

Movie or series?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
oyetpel:
The Breadwinner.

I won't rate it because of mixed reviews here.

I watched this cartoon last night after i had watched Jihad: A Story of the Others the previous night. Jihad: A Story of the Others is a documentary about Jihad and its hypocrisy and the corruption that goes on with it, which were highlighed by former extremists who have renounced it and have now became Imams preaching religion tolerance in the UK.

Seun, NL owner once asked a question 'Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country?'. And many people that commented wrote that no, they prefer to live in secular and liberal countries like USA, UK, Canada.

The hijab and the masquerade agbada was to protect the woman, but it turned it their prison to the point where they are not allowed to go out on their own, and if they do just any stranger can reprimand them.

So i want to say these, I wish that lady Firdaus fighting for the use of hijab lives in an islamic country where women are not allowed to drive, i wish she lives in an islamic country were women are not allowed to go to stadiums, go out on their own then she will know she waa juat fighting for vanity.

Even rich arabs and Nigeria politicians children are not always on hijab or the masquerade cover up.

I think breadwinner was fine, but the movie was dragged by the story of the elephant, i think they should have addressed so many ills in the Islamic region. Like when a young girl child was with an old man, Parvana said your daughter will like it, but the old man said 'she is my wife'. Also when men accosted women for going out on their own and shaming them on why they are not covered up.

Sorry, i will rate it. [b]But because of the elephant story which was nor needed and was not even concluded [/b]well i will rate it six point five out of ten.

How would you say it wasn't concluded, the elephant was tamed at the end na. You should also realised that she was telling that story which unconsciously boosted her morale.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fictional: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
newjosboy:

Movie or series?

series hail Ragnar lothbrok!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2018
Viking007:
Posting a movie without rating here is useless. The main reason I (and I believe its same for others too) come here is to look for movies with good ratings to download. We want to know how good the movie you are watching or have watched is.

What if I watched a movie, come here and rate it 9/10 but you go and watch it, and come here disappointed by the movie, you blast me and you rate it 3/10 instead.
Rating is not very very necessary.
Our tastes are different. The difference is in our tastes.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hazel01(f): 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
sorry ishi, I saw Coco right after the breadwinner, it deserved the academy award.......... it made me cry, the breadwinner also tried, but Coco takes the biscuit for me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
newjosboy:

How would you say it wasn't concluded, the elephant was tamed at the end na. You should also realised that she was telling that story which unconsciously boosted her morale.

The boy was told he need 3 things to defeat the elephant king (1)Somrthing that shines(the mirror) (2)something that ensnares (the fish net) and (3) something that soothes.(?)

Was the truth about her brother's death the something that soothes?

See i have watch the movie twice since yesterday and the story part bores me and i fast forward it.

It was included in the movie to prolong it, anz someone expected it to beat Coco??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
Viking007:
I never said the ratings must be the same. Good or bad, it still acts as a guide. Data is expensive.

Some movies divides opinion but they are watchable.

People rated Revenge badly and when i saw the comments i understood why and i didn't want to download it but someone convinced me to and i loved it, so much i watched it twice. Though the director threw logic away with wound, blood etc.

I have watched some movies that i can't post here because they do not worth it. A movie like crazy famous.

Look at the quantity of movies on fz, how many do one wants to download

So for a movie to enter an average rating here, it means it's worth looking into.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2018
hazel01:
sorry ishi, I saw Coco right after the breadwinner, it deserved the academy award.......... it made me cry, the breadwinner also tried, but Coco takes the biscuit for me

Lol ishilove. It seems you are alone and outnumbered in your taste for movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2018
newjosboy:

The conclusion played two roles- to help her cope with her sorroundings, and to reveal what happened to her brother.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2018
hazel01:
Coco is a great movie, but I will always choose Breadwinner over Coco for the simple reason that Breadwinner evoked in me a VERY strong reaction. It made me cry, and I don't cry easily. No ma'am, I don't cry easily at all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
oyetpel:

The boy was told he need 3 things to defeat the elephant king (1)Somrthing that shines(the mirror) (2)something that ensnares (the fish net) and (3) something that soothes.(?)

See i have watch the movie twice since yesterday and the story part bores me and i fast forward it.

It was included in the movie to prolong it, anz someone expected it to beat Coco??
Pervana, and the producers use folklore as a kind of dramatic intermission- a break from the overall gloom and tension of the movie. And when push comes to shove, Pervana seeks comfort and solace from the story. Bombs are flying, people are being shot to death over the fence, airplanes are shrieking overhead. How does a child cope with all these? By remembering the stories her parents told her. It's her coping mechanism.

As for the elephant part- The horror of her brother's death made the elephant pause and softened his heart to the villagers. The ending is the best part of the movie. It's classic.

The beauty of this movie can only be appreciated when you don't watch it merely with your eyes but with your heart.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ola12(m): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2018
oyetpel:

Hmm, dis breadwinner matter done dey long o.
Mo una cut am out. If u watch breadwinner, jst rate nd leave, no nid for debate. Lets respect each other's opinions
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
Beorn:

Angelina Jolie would've pulled off a masterpiece if he didn't portray the message in an animatiom form. Animating it took off majority of the pains and sympathy it would elicited from viewers.

For better understanding of what I mean, watch the various animations about the crucifixion of Christ, then watch The Passion of Christ by Mel Gibson. The difference in both portryals is wider than the development between America and Nigeria. Animation is the worst genre to portray stories like that. Everything would seem fake.
@bolded. I've got one word for you. Anime
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Apus: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2018
The Bread winner : 7/10

An Expository animated movie with very strong emotional provocations. It centres around life in a Taliban controlled territory with subject matters as war, sexism, e.t.c. A semi-happy ending movie though
not bad for a 2D animated movie

I'm a lover of photorealism which is why I choose coco over this one. Plus coco is more rounded in terms of its cultural richness and colours.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
oyetpel:

See ehn, my argument is about the 'extra' story being concluded. It was, indeed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by wintersnow(m): 6:49am On Jul 16, 2018
Life has to the best space sci fi movie...I'd rate 10/10.
Suspense filled, fcking intense...
Amazing soundtrack, better than alien covenant a billion times.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 6:58am On Jul 16, 2018
wintersnow:

What year?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by wintersnow(m): 6:59am On Jul 16, 2018
newjosboy:

What year?
Last year. You'll never regret watching it.... Storyline on point, with a mind bending ending, that would be stuck with you for a while!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 7:01am On Jul 16, 2018
Don't Breathe 10.5/10
This movie made me to hold my breath intermittently through out.
Had it been that old blind man died in the movie, I would have rated it 1/10.
Awesome!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2018
wintersnow:
Not the best of all but certainly better than Alien Covenant by far...so thrilling and scary to watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2018
Downloaded Siberia 2018 1080p Bluray
Featuring Keenu Reaves aka John Wick...trailer looks good
Genre: Crime, Romance, Thriller, Action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1-c_Y70Oj4
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2018
newjosboy:
Don't Breathe 10.5/10
Awesome!
Yea, cool movie. I remember trumpeting that movie 2 yrs ago grin grin I was shouting from the roof top
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2018
Traffik (8/10)
Siberia (To be seen shortly, however good trailer)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xbee007(m): 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2018
Coco 9.5/10

Such a great movie. Full of unexpected twists and turns.

I strongly recommend it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
newjosboy:
Don't Breathe 10.5/10
Awesome!
Continue spoiling, you hear?

It's not funny

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (3912) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: awesomenigga(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.