Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3998641 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (3913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
Beorn:

He has a history with Ishilove, so he's purposely spoiling the movie to rile her up. grin

cheesy

This guy knows
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BigBudi(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
Traffik
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:

You can't be blamed for your lack of emotional connection. Buhari has made Nigerians hardened cheesy

I'm a bit cynical I guess. It takes a special kind of bleakness to move me emotionally. The last movie to trigger an empathetic feeling within me was Se7en, and that was ages ago. I'm not emotionally stunted, mind, just a tad misanthropic sometimes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:
Oh it took me years of mudwrestling to figure this out grin
"By seeking and blundering we learn." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Oh it took me years of mudwrestling to figure this out grin

Then why do you still have many trolls?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achillesdam500(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
I always laugh hysterically about people peeving when movies are spoiled. I mean common it's just entertainment, no strings could ever be attached except if you are dumb enough not to know the cast are somewhere with less headache about the movies enjoying their lives.
So on this note,I beesech anybody with good spoilers to always drop them here. I feed on 'destroyers' grin it's my no 1 diet

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
wintersnow:
Life has to the best space sci fi movie...I'd rate 10/10.
Suspense filled, fcking intense...
Amazing soundtrack, better than alien covenant a billion times.

all those alien prequels were wack. i never saw anyone till the end. lost interst so fast.

life was breathe taking. seeing the little blob grow to the killer monster and the final survival was epic.

7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:

I'm not even sufficiently interested in Antman to even be bothered. I guess I'm tired of all these Super hero movies.

lol.

well infinity war 2 the very first day it shows up in Lagos i will be there no matter the time. am gonna see it 3D and enjoy the experience.

ant man and Dr strange were side teasers to the main MCU universe, black panther was an unexpected success..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
JackBizzle:

Then why do you still have many trolls?

because people usually react before thinking about whats initiating the reaction...

a troll is easy to spot a mile away and honestly in my opinion thy are the saddest or most idiotic group of people.

one came along some time ago and immediately i saw him for who he was and he got the silent treatment here and disappeared.

trolls feed on responses once you ignore they go away, they really aren't interested in what is being discussed but the responses they personally get.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
Achillesdam500:
I always laugh hysterically about people peeving when movies are spoiled. I mean common it's just entertainment, no strings could ever be attached except if you are dumb enough not to know the cast are somewhere with less headache about the movies enjoying their lives.
So on this note,I beesech anybody with good spoilers to always drop them here. I feed on 'destroyers' grin it's my no 1 diet

Agreed. But I must also add that if one can buy 5k data twice a month, why can't you save 2k to watch a blockbuster movie once a month at a cinema?

Cc brokebabe ishilove

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I'm a bit cynical I guess. It takes a special kind of bleakness to move me emotionally. The last movie to trigger an empathetic feeling within me was Se7en, and that was ages ago. I'm not emotionally stunted, mind, just a tad misanthropic sometimes.
Chai, you see why I love you?? Your English is always plenty cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
armadeo:

because people usually react before thinking about whats initiating the reaction...

a troll is easy to spot a mile away and honestly in my opinion thy are the saddest or most idiotic group of people.

one came along some time ago and immediately i saw him for who he was and he got the silent treatment here and disappeared.

Some trolls are more dedicated than others.

Ishilove and I have been on for over 3 years.

Conviction powers through anything.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
armadeo:

all those alien prequels were wack. i never saw anyone till the end. lost interst so fast.

life was breathe taking. seeing the little blob grow to the killer monster and the final survival was epic.

7.5/10
So there was a blob, ehn? And to make matters worse, the blob turned out to be a killer. Hm? So wetin come remain for the film?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Jokes aside, I am moved very easily, but not easily to the point of tears. For me, and like you, it takes something really special to bring water to my eyes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ola12(m): 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:

So there was a blob, ehn? And to make matters worse, the blob turned out to be a killer. Hm? So wetin come remain for the film?
Lol, you dey myn am grin..now I no even need to see the film again

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
ola12:

Wetin dey pain me sef be sey I don already download am angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Jokes aside, I am moved very easily, but not easily to the point of tears. For me, and like you, it takes something really special to bring water to my eyes

*Coughs* As averse to propagating gender stereotypes as we may be, it’s hard to deny that women tend to be easy criers, especially when compared to their male counterparts. Now, it has nothing to do with you as an individual, but as a woman, and studies have shown that women are very hormonal genetically, and emotional by proxy. If emotional lightweights like The Quiet Place & Breadwinner can move you so passionately, suffice to say, your emotional bar is hardly high enough.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 16, 2018
ola12:

Ishilove:

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achillesdam500(m): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2018
JackBizzle:

Agreed. But I must also add that if one can buy 5k data twice a month, why can't you save 2k to watch a blockbuster movie once a month at a cinema?

Cc brokebabe ishilove
Lol.. Let ishilove be jare. In between she's a moneybag.
This one I know.. She can't possibly see all movies at the cinema but her cry for no spoilers is just too cliché

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2018
Achillesdam500:

Lol.. Let ishilove be jare. In between she's a moneybag.
This one I know.. She can't possibly see all movies at the cinema but her cry for no spoilers is just too cliché

Lol....

In other news, I can't wait for creed 2 to land
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:25am On Jul 17, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

*Coughs* As averse to propagating gender stereotypes as we may be, it’s hard to deny that women tend to be easy criers, especially when compared to their male counterparts. Now, it has nothing to do with you as an individual, but as a woman, and studies have shown that women are very hormonal genetically, and emotional by proxy. If emotional lightweights like The Quiet Place & Breadwinner can move you so passionately, suffice to say, your emotional bar is hardly high enough.
Both movies are not emotional 'lightweights'. This I know.

Just admit it. You're hardened angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 2:18am On Jul 17, 2018
Ishilove:

life is quite old.......

thriller/ horror genre. you wont watch it.. grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 2:20am On Jul 17, 2018
ola12:

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 17, 2018
Ishilove:

Both movies are not emotional 'lightweights'. This I know.

Just admit it. You're hardened angry

They were. I saw right through them. I was rolling my eyes at some of the so-called emotional scenes, scenes that I am sure brought tears to your eyes. I'm not hardened, just cynical. It takes an original content to unlock something in me. This couple of tv shows 12 Monkeys & The Handmaid's Tale did so effortlessly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

They were. I saw right through them. I was rolling my eyes at some of the so-called emotional scenes, scenes that I am sure brought tears to your eyes. I'm not hardened, just cynical. It takes an original content to unlock something in me. This couple of tv shows 12 Monkeys & The Handmaid's Tale did so effortlessly.
Don't use your concrete (my aunt will call it konkere ) heart to measure the emotionally provocative contents of a movie, darling. It wasn't nominated for an Oscar for nothing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:03am On Jul 17, 2018
armadeo:

life is quite old.......

thriller/ horror genre. you wont watch it.. grin grin grin
I've already downloaded it embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2018
Ishilove:

Don't use your concrete (my aunt will call it konkere ) heart to measure the emotionally provocative contents of a movie, darling. It wasn't nominated for an Oscar for nothing.

The Academy Awards is no longer what it used to be. The one time numeUno of award ceremonies is presently run by octogenarians that make life changing decisions on the opinions of half baked, hand-picked sycophantic movie critics. They're more inclined to nominate bore-fests, than geniunely compelling movies. I wouldn't get too excited if I were you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

The Academy Awards is no longer what it used to be. The one time numeUno of award ceremonies is presently run by octogenarians that make life changing decisions on the opinions of half baked, hand-picked sycophantic movie critics. They're more inclined to nominate bore-fests, than geniunely compelling movies. I wouldn't get too excited if I were you.
Your opinion is VERY subjective. The movies that you call 'borefests' are more often than not classics
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 17, 2018
Ishilove:

Your opinion is VERY subjective. The movies that you call 'borefests' are more often than not classics

Case in point: The Shape of Water. It won multiple oscars, but ask 5 random people in here their respective opinions, and I guarantee you, their answers will mostly be on the negative.

Another case in point: La La Land. A "musical" comedy that you'd be hard pressed to find a single catchy tune in, but somehow ended up winning multiple Oscars. To borrow your phrase, "is this not witchcraft?"

Classics indeed. Ha!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by god2good: 10:59am On Jul 17, 2018
Pls which of this two can u recommend "100" and "The lost "
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 11:31am On Jul 17, 2018
Ishilove:

It is like you don't read or watch anything outside your preferred genres of romance and action.

How can a movie lover like yourself be so ignorant about the debate about the academy awards?

There is controversy about the awards being decided by old white men which leads to certain bias.

But seriously. I truly despise your attachment to such ignorance. You keep getting schooled every time by koioce and oybs and others on a regular. Aren't you tired of being the least intelligent on this thread?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2018
god2good:
Pls which of this two can u recommend "100" and "The lost "

The 100 is the better of the two.

Lost became "lost" on both the audience and the writers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (3913) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: bugatti453(m), phr0nesis(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.