Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1000) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3756920 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2019
oyaskii:
Just Saw Searching (2018)...blown away, Dope ass concept and an actual solid story line to go along...8/10.

Try and watch CAM too.

.....wow first to comment on page 1000 in year 2019...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2019
krattoss:

Bro if anyone is to be blamed for @ the bolded,it should be the sites and web hosts,not third party users like us.
I'm blaming the people who bashed a movie they got for free as if they paid for it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2019
Valerie47:
Why is no one talking about the fact that these cinema Nollywood movies keep using the same actors and actresses for all their movies? They are beginning to bore me.
I've noticed that for years now...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2019
Kaycee7:
I'm blaming the people who bashed a movie they got for free as if they paid for it.
lol.
It's just an opinion and it ends there, not like it's going to change anything, nor the lady's success.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
krattoss:
lol.
It's just an opinion and it ends there, not like it's going to change anything, nor the lady's success.
I don't really think it's just an opinion when people start making comments about the movie being made for Igbos alone. That's accusing the filmmakers of tribalism. And seeing as the movie was subtitled on all official sources, that's a false accusation tantamount to slander.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bountyhunter: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Index is worse oo...you'll be getting movies of 400mb+ upwards undecided
Oyaskii thanks anyways

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
page 1000, where were me not wear??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2019
Some should please suggest me good movie to watch to celebrate this landmark page biko grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MobileGees: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2019
This page made 1000 grin.....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
Funjosh:
Some should please suggest me good movie to watch to celebrate this landmark page biko grin
A Thousand Words
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dayveed1(m): 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2019
Page 1000
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
Lionheart - 4.5/10

Solid performances from the main cast, clear visuals, good directing/cinematography, good pacing, a positive message but very little creativity in the plot. If lesser known actors had taken on these roles instead I doubt the movie would be as popular, but I get that its debut on Netflix is a defining moment for Nigerian cinema.

Shoutout to my Igbo father in my head, Pete Edochie. Nkem Owoh with the comic relief, the graceful Onyeka Onwenu, my WCE Genevieve Nnaji and Phyno Fino (even though he had about a total of 5 seconds screen time)

Note: Watched it on Netflix, it was a mix of English and Igbo and had subtitles

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Uchennazico: 12:37am On Jan 05, 2019
ibkayee:
Lionheart - 4.5/10

Solid performances from the main cast, clear visuals, good directing/cinematography, good pacing, a positive message but very little creativity in the plot. If lesser known actors had taken on these roles instead I doubt the movie would be as popular, but I get that its debut on Netflix is a defining moment for Nigerian cinema.

Shoutout to my Igbo father in my head, Pete Edochie. Nkem Owoh with the comic relief, the graceful Onyeka Onwenu, my WCE Genevieve Nnaji and Phyno Fino (even though he had about a total of 5 seconds screen time)

Yo!

I quite agree you with on the weak plot point of view. Likeee it was very predictable and pretty straight forward! No Plot twist anywhere.

But then, I sincerely feel 4.5 is way too low considering the fact that the movie still came through in acting, cinematography, visuals and directing as well.

Imo.. It's a 7/10 for me smiley

#1000 page!

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 12:40am On Jan 05, 2019
Uchennazico:

Yo!

I quite agree you with on the weak plot point of view. Likeee it was very predictable and pretty straight forward! No Plot twist anywhere.

But then, I sincerely feel 4.5 is way too low considering the fact that the movie still came through in acting, cinematography, visuals and directing as well.

Imo.. It's a 7/10 for me smiley

#1000 page!
The storyline is supposed to be the main thing carrying the movie and it was just...flat, which is what brought about the low overall rating sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 1:54am On Jan 05, 2019
ibkayee:

The storyline is supposed to be the main thing carrying the movie and it was just...flat, which is what brought about the low overall rating sad
happy new year. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Sike(m): 2:01am On Jan 05, 2019
ibkayee:
Lionheart - 4.5/10

You're right on the Netflix platform cuz without subtitle, you won't enjoy it unless you understand Igbo language. I didn't enjoy mine.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 2:08am On Jan 05, 2019
AHCB:
happy new year. grin
Happy new year ^.^
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 5:43am On Jan 05, 2019
AHCB:
happy new year. grin

I'm now sure that your moniker AHCB now means "Assshole Has Come Back".

How can you ignore my new year greetings and prayers for you?

You ignored that and then came to greet a babe!!

No wonder you are a regular in the ashawo thread in the sexuality section.

Happy new year sha. 2019 will be a great year.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 5:47am On Jan 05, 2019
We have reached the 1000th page on this thread! Nice
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 05, 2019
AHCB, will you allow this insult to go unpunished?
I personally won't, don't know about you.
JeromeBlack:

I'm now sure that your moniker AHCB now means "Assshole Has Come Back".
How can you ignore my new year greetings and prayers for you?
You ignored that and then came to greet a babe!!
No wonder you are a regular in the ashawo thread in the sexuality section.

Happy new year sha. 2019 will be a great year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2019
alexistaiwo:
AHCB, will you allow this insult to go unpunished?

Sharrap there!

I was just hailing the guy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 7:52am On Jan 05, 2019
Finally seen this.. Pretty good stuff beht the Singing was just too much

Disney wee not kee somebody with Music

A little disappointed Maui & the babe went their Separate ways at the end tho

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MrDojo(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by zzzzy: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2019
Just here to comment on page 1000
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 05, 2019
Which kind yeye hailings is that one shocked

Giving my guy AHCB two acronyms in the space of 13 days is your own hailings abi undecided.

If that is how you hail, biko kuku insult people cheesy

JeromeBlack:

Sharrap there!

I was just hailing the guy grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 8:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Funjosh:
downrange
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ebubemg(m): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2019
oyaskii:
I saw 13, how many did you see?
saw 24 angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by melodyogonna(m): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2019
Guys where can I download avengers infinity war? couldn't find it on toxicwap.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:39am On Jan 05, 2019
alexistaiwo:
AH.CB, will you allow this insult to go unpunished?
insult? Nah. Someone who was sure my moniker is another huge case of bullsh1t is now sure my moniker is asshole has come back. Hope you know what they call people who reply idiots? So, what they call those people is something I damn well know I ain't, so why bother? grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cupidkc(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2019
.... 1000th page and still counting. Cheers!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by johnolusetire97(m): 9:50am On Jan 05, 2019
OgidiOlu3:
@JeromeBlack

Flaws in A Quiet Place.

1. The total number of humans in the movie was not up to seven so we can assume that the monsters wiped almost all the population. We were not shown how the humans were killed by the monsters, we only saw that somehow a family managed to survive. Now, tell me, how can a physical monster (having no supernatural power except its acute sense of hearing) kill everybody and nothing was done to kill them. Are you saying that America has no advanced weapon that can contain and kill these monsters? No one thought to use high pitched sounds to repel them?

2. How did the family survive? If everyone was talking and getting killed, how did they manage to keep a family safe through it all?

3. The deaf girl knew that her hearing aid somehow affected the monsters. She didn't use it when her dad was killed but she remembered it when the monsters invaded their home.

4. The fact that there was barely any dialogue made this movie so boring for me (speaking for myself). I enjoy some Charlie Chaplin silent films like City Lights, etc but A Quiet Place neither passes for a normal film nor a silent one.

5. The father tells his son that the monsters won't hear them if they speak close to loud natural sounds. He knew his wife was pregnant but he couldn't set up a camp or something beside the waterfall for the screams of childbirth.

6. There was a scene where the monster was very close to the woman and she was clearly panting. For a creature with super sensitive hearing, it should have picked up her sounds.

Ok every sci fi movie will have flaws or something they might have overlooked. So I am not going to get into other listed issues.

But your issue #1 is what surprises me. They could have done a movie where American army is fighting against monsters and that would have been boring and cliche. The real heart and soul of the movie comes from the focus on the family. You can use the movie concept to tell so many stories they picked one focusing on a family. In my opinion this allows the viewer to somehow bond with the characters properly.
I feel this was a flaw with bird box. Instead of focusing on a character story. They got random people, gave them the cliche (if you have watched survival movies) character roles. Then ended with a trip down a river to find blind people (which was guessable). The concept of bird box would have been done better if it was a fleshed out TV show or something. That's my two cents. Also not explaining too much about what happened (the apocalypse) rather using other things (like newspaper clippings and other things) was genius. Allows for more character development rather than a standard " how we got here" flick.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Birkin, Auraking, HeatSeeker(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.