Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,983 members, 7,956,669 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. (4041 Views)

Ado Bayero’s Son Set To Wed,Checkout His Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Discuss: Black Americans Do Not Have A Language / Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 2:14am On Dec 19, 2013
macof: As much as I enjoy this your discussions I just have to say It's a whole load of crab

Ikorodu is an Ijebu town, wat has Ado got to do with Ikorodu.

I asked the same question from Ladi. After his answer I followed his response and dug into more materials and found more things that were not initially related to my probe but from which arose new branches of knowledge.

Ogboroganda the 3rd king of ijebu came from Nubia territory of Waddai
He got to Ife and was incorporated, he adopted the Ife spirituality and left southwards on Ifa's advice.
He landed in a city called Iwa, there he was named Obanta and defeated the king who was later called Ijasi "Ija-Osi" No more battle.

Ijebu people formerly occupied the present day South Sudan which was at a time a colony of Ethiopia.
Queen of Sheba- Bilkis was from that area and the Ijebu's coming from their former home to Ijebuland still kept her in their memory. Sungbo is built in honor of Bilikisu, and the Ijebu people claim she was buried there.

Waddai, Wadi, Ouda, these are all synonymous names in the Sudan and Ethiopic lands, as well into the Sahara region for a river or valley.

It is also synonymous with Yoruba's name for a river - Odo.

Lets put the geography of Sudan in perspective. If I say I come from Kano, what comes to your mind? You will not ask if im from Hausaland because Kano and Hausaland are interchangeable. You will not ask if i speak hausa because thats the only official language, but you will want to know if im Fulani or Hausa. We should approach the discussion of Sudan with similar stereotypes. Sudan is like saying hausaland; egypt is like saying kano; semitic is like saying hausa language and semitic/hamitic is like saying hausa/fulani.

Egypt was one of the states under Sudan, there were other states. Nobody says much about Bauchi state because Kano has remained the principal hausa city state and in political and cultural talks it is always at fore front.

Axum (Kush) was the principal parent dynasty to the Sudan. Similarly, Kano was never the origin of hausa states, their origin came from Daura city (Hausa).

There was the Egyptian civilization which later overtook its parent civilization, Kush; just as Fulani overtook its overlords, the Hausas.

There were two capitals in the Egyptian Empire, an upper Egypt with capital in Djebe and lower Egypt with capital in Memphis. Similarly, Fulani sultanate have two capitals, Sokoto and Wurno.

Now, Abuja is a Gwari town, they are not Hausas or Fulanis and they are majority muslims. If we should find a town in Abuja , for example, called Wurno, should this not be understood as the effect of migration and political attrition? By the way, Wurno, the Fulani capital, is not in Nigeria.

Its a waste of time to use this method to give a breakdown of how, if on admission Ijebu is from waddai, then it is perfectly okay to theorize that majidun is a copy of magiddo..moreso that waddai is synonymous with odo in yoruba. The waddai in the Ijebu history will also give credence to the question of their penchant for monopolizing and tolling waterways.
We now know where that trait came from, they were historically valley and waterbed dwellers.

Edomites have nothing to do with Edo.
Edo is the name of the bini people.

Edo people are different from Bini. The difference between the two can also be seen in Lagos between the Idejo Chiefs on one hand and the Akarigbere/Ogalade/Oluwo/Abagbon Chiefs on the other.

The Akarigbere/Ogalade/Oluwoand Abagbon are the attendant chiefs of the Bini dynasty whereas the Idejo chiefs are the attendants of the Olofin dynasty. Olofin and his chiefs are the land barons. Oba of Lagos and his chiefs are the throne owners.

Similarly Edo is the Ogiso culture and land owner, Bini is the Ife settler and throne owner.

On whether Edo is Edomite or not, Im following a path and building my own theory. It is not set in stone and definitely not designed for anyone's consumption. When I have precise facts that support these theories I will not bother bringing it to nl..i can make good money going to press.

Oranmiyan left Igodomigodo in anger and called their land "ile-binu“

I think its a great insult to keep referring to a land steeped in greatness and centuries of civilization as "a land of anger". Our ancestors give reflection and deep thought to naming standards. When naming a town they invite their ancestors and call on the cosmic forces to bear witness as they sanctify and baptize the land on which they are settling into, they pour libation and ask for all the four corners of earth to bring in prosperity to their settlement and its community and homesteads. Can you imagine them going through all that trouble only to give it a name attributing negative emotions?

C'mon! I suspect one of the earlier European writers on African history must have enquired from someone ill informed and the answer given found its way into print and has never been debunked by Bini scholars because they would have to use a semitic term to properly define it, a very unpopular position.

Think for a moment what the title of the Oba of Bini is - Omo n' Oba. The only civilization in Nigeria or anywhere in West Africa for that matter that uses Oba is Yoruba. Omo n' Oba would be in this case heir to the throne. We need to know whivh throne he is heir to. This is his legitimacy to Ife. Ife on the other hand acknowledges a positive paternal link in saying Bini. Have you heard Yoruba used the word Omo abinibi? Bibi, bini, bi, are all synonymous Yoruba words for child or one reproduced.

On the mother side of that is Iye, iya, aye..all synonymous for mother or sustainer of life.

Similarly we have Abba, baba, ba..for seeder or authority of manifest.

An Oba of Bini from the 18th century was saved by a servant called "Edo" while he was still a prince, Edo lost his life for his future king and When The prince became Oba he changed the nations name to "Edo" in honor of his dead friend/servant. The name "Edo" didn't exist until the 18th century, so get ur facts right before u start making silly assumptions.

This is new to me. I guess this must be your theory, I will read up on it.

As much as I won't like to dismiss one of the Orunmila's having "Ado" as his real name. I think there's a confusion
Orunmila left Ile and settled in Ilesun, one of his children was Ewi. Later on in history, A Benin prince came and overtook ilesun, renamed it "Ado". Ado-Ekiti

Which brings me back to beginning. Who is Ado and whats his connection with Ado Ekiti or any Ado township in Yorubaland?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 9:09am On Dec 19, 2013
MetaPhysical:

I asked the same question from Ladi. After his answer I followed his response and dug into more materials and found more things that were not initially related to my probe but from which arose new branches of knowledge.

Waddai, Wadi, Ouda, these are all synonymous names in the Sudan and Ethiopic lands, as well into the Sahara region for a river or valley.

It is also synonymous with Yoruba's name for a river - Odo.

Lets put the geography of Sudan in perspective. If I say I come from Kano, what comes to your mind? You will not ask if im from Hausaland because Kano and Hausaland are interchangeable. You will not ask if i speak hausa because thats the only official language, but you will want to know if im Fulani or Hausa. We should approach the discussion of Sudan with similar stereotypes. Sudan is like saying hausaland; egypt is like saying kano; semitic is like saying hausa language and semitic/hamitic is like saying hausa/fulani.

Egypt was one of the states under Sudan, there were other states. Nobody says much about Bauchi state because Kano has remained the principal hausa city state and in political and cultural talks it is always at fore front.

Axum (Kush) was the principal parent dynasty to the Sudan. Similarly, Kano was never the origin of hausa states, their origin came from Daura city (Hausa).

There was the Egyptian civilization which later overtook its parent civilization, Kush; just as Fulani overtook its overlords, the Hausas.

There were two capitals in the Egyptian Empire, an upper Egypt with capital in Djebe and lower Egypt with capital in Memphis. Similarly, Fulani sultanate have two capitals, Sokoto and Wurno.

Now, Abuja is a Gwari town, they are not Hausas or Fulanis and they are majority muslims. If we should find a town in Abuja , for example, called Wurno, should this not be understood as the effect of migration and political attrition? By the way, Wurno, the Fulani capital, is not in Nigeria.

Its a waste of time to use this method to give a breakdown of how, if on admission Ijebu is from waddai, then it is perfectly okay to theorize that majidun is a copy of magiddo..moreso that waddai is synonymous with odo in yoruba. The waddai in the Ijebu history will also give credence to the question of their penchant for monopolizing and tolling waterways.
We now know where that trait came from, they were historically valley and waterbed dwellers.

Edo people are different from Bini. The difference between the two can also be seen in Lagos between the Idejo Chiefs on one hand and the Akarigbere/Ogalade/Oluwo/Abagbon Chiefs on the other.

The Akarigbere/Ogalade/Oluwoand Abagbon are the attendant chiefs of the Bini dynasty whereas the Idejo chiefs are the attendants of the Olofin dynasty. Olofin and his chiefs are the land barons. Oba of Lagos and his chiefs are the throne owners.

Similarly Edo is the Ogiso culture and land owner, Bini is the Ife settler and throne owner.

On whether Edo is Edomite or not, Im following a path and building my own theory. It is not set in stone and definitely not designed for anyone's consumption. When I have precise facts that support these theories I will not bother bringing it to nl..i can make good money going to press.

[b]I think its a great insult to keep referring to a land steeped in greatness and centuries of civilization as "a land of anger". Our ancestors give reflection and deep thought to naming standards. When naming a town they invite their ancestors and call on the cosmic forces to bear witness as they sanctify and baptize the land on which they are settling into, they pour libation and ask for all the four corners of earth to bring in prosperity to their settlement and its community and homesteads. Can you imagine them going through all that trouble only to give it a name attributing negative emotions?

C'mon! I suspect one of the earlier European writers on African history must have enquired from someone ill informed and the answer given found its way into print and has never been debunked by Bini scholars because they would have to use a semitic term to properly define it, a very unpopular position.

Think for a moment what the title of the Oba of Bini is - Omo n' Oba. The only civilization in Nigeria or anywhere in West Africa for that matter that uses Oba is Yoruba. Omo n' Oba would be in this case heir to the throne. We need to know whivh throne he is heir to. This is his legitimacy to Ife. Ife on the other hand acknowledges a positive paternal link in saying Bini. Have you heard Yoruba used the word Omo abinibi? Bibi, bini, bi, are all synonymous Yoruba words for child or one reproduced.[/b]

On the mother side of that is Iye, iya, aye..all synonymous for mother or sustainer of life.

Similarly we have Abba, baba, ba..for seeder or authority of manifest.

This is new to me. I guess this must be your theory, I will read up on it.

Which brings me back to beginning. Who is Ado and whats his connection with Ado Ekiti or any Ado township in Yorubaland?

To the bold- True much were taken into consideration when naming a city but Oranmiyan had no time for "consideration" grin even "Oyo-ile" means "slippery ground". I heard the word "bini" came from "ubini" as wat the Isekiri called them. the bini reffered to themselves as "Ovioba" later "oviedo".

I suspect that "Ado" is the same as "Eko" in a different languages but i could be wrong undecided Eko originally means "cassava farmland" in Oyo and Awori languages but to the Edo they referred "Eko" to mean "camp". Ado means "our camp" in Ekiti language

I think the "Omo n'Oba" title came from Eweka 1, who was the infant child of Oranmiyan. It must have been a nickname given to Eweka before the name "Eweka" was given to him
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by RandomAfricanAm: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
I think you guys should pause and checkout the tread...
https://www.nairaland.com/1530367/when-arabian-peninsula-northeast-africa
You all are doing two things tthat always confuse me.
1. You are using the English names as a proxy to determine how close Yourba terms are to Hebrew instead of looking at the Hebrew terms themselves(The English language bible is like a translation of a translation of a translation)

2. You all never mention the pink elephant in the room namely that Hebrews came into world history in Africa they weren't Hebrews before that they got there culture in Africa! How can the child birth the parent? People act like Africans were twiddling there thumbs waiting for foreigners to bring culture. My contention is that most of the similarities you see will be retentions from the Green Sahara passed on to Ancient Egyptian then obviously being absorbed by who ever resided in Ancient Egypt long enough to learn there culture (Abraham entered Egypt *Alone* moses didn't leave until *multiple* generations later)

Again, please review the basic history in the link above
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
RandomAfricanAm: I think you guys should pause and checkout the tread...
You all are doing two things tthat always confuse me.
1. You are using the English names as a proxy to determine how close Yourba terms are to Hebrew instead of looking at the Hebrew terms themselves(The English language bible is like a translation of a translation of a translation)

2. You all never mention the pink elephant in the room namely that Hebrews came into world history in Africa they weren't Hebrews before that they got there culture in Africa! How can the child birth the parent? People act like Africans were twiddling there thumbs waiting for foreigners to bring culture. My contention is that most of the similarities you see will be retentions from the Green Sahara passed on to Ancient Egyptian then obviously being absorbed by who ever resided in Ancient Egypt long enough to learn there culture (Abraham entered Egypt *Alone* moses didn't leave until *multiple* generations later)

Again, please review the basic history in the link above

The bold makes Much sense. people ignorantly try to fix yoruba history into the semitc areas and use Bible to research as if the bible is accurate
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
@RandomAA, when I refer to Isaac as Isokun, it is not wild goose chase. The Yoruba tradition for twins says "Taye lolu ejire ara isokun," meaning 'The first child is the eminent of the friendly two, progeny of Isokun.' Do you have a couple in Egypt by that name whose history survive? Then the tradition continues 'omo kehinde gbegbon' meaning 'the last child supplant the seniority'. We know that Hebrew tongue is diluted, whose tongue is not? Is-haq,(Arabo-semitic) Isaac(English), Isokun, (Yoruba, Saki?), is that any difficult to comprehend with the supporting tradition in the absence of 'vested interest' bias? In fact, everyone have their epistle, you are motivated on purpose, so why must I submit to your 'aerial' conclution in spite of classic fact at my disposal? ;(
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
Meanwhile, I do not mean aerial maliciously to malign you of your Yoruba/African heritage. I have no such power. The point I'm making is that even our tradition validate some biblical precept and it could be viewed with the same sacred vestiges reserved for our tradition. The hallmark of scholarship is offering information that is not tainted by latent bitterness or geopolitic activism. Thanks.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
ladionline: @RandomAA, when I refer to Isaac as Isokun, it is not wild goose chase. The Yoruba tradition for twins says "Taye lolu ejire ara isokun," meaning 'The first child is the eminent of the friendly two, progeny of Isokun.' Do you have a couple in Egypt by that name whose history survive? Then the tradition continues 'omo kehinde gbegbon' meaning 'the last child supplant the seniority'. We know that Hebrew tongue is diluted, whose tongue is not? Is-haq,(Arabo-semitic) Isaac(English), Isokun, (Yoruba, Saki?), is that any difficult to comprehend with the supporting tradition in the absence of 'vested interest' bias? In fact, everyone have their epistle, you are motivated on purpose, so why must I submit to your 'aerial' conclution in spite of classic fact at my disposal? ;(

but "Isokun" has nothing to do with "laughter" as "yisaki" does and the words arent even alike
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
macof:

but "Isokun" has nothing to do with "laughter" as "yisaki" does and the words arent even alike
Good, do you understand that masjid became mosque and then Mosalashi? English became Geesi, Anglican, as Aguda. Moreso Ahmad became Amodu and Creole became 'Kiriyo', which in Yoruba language means 'live on hawking'. As for yisaki, if a younger person laughs while playing with an elder, the elder may say 'o mboyin' or 'o mbo Saki'. 'Bo yin' is 'rerin', 'bo SAKI' is a fancy variant of rerin, meaning, laugh.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
ladionline: Good, do you understand that masjid became mosque and then Mosalashi? English became Geesi, Anglican, as Aguda. Moreso Ahmad became Amodu and Creole became 'Kiriyo', which in Yoruba language means 'live on hawking'. As for yisaki, if a younger person laughs while playing with an elder, the elder may say 'o mboyin' or 'o mbo Saki'. 'Bo yin' is 'rerin', 'bo SAKI' is a fancy variant of rerin, meaning, laugh.

I hope are aware that Arabians were close partners with Oyo traders.

Saki is an Arab word and the Yoruba word for laugher is "Irerin" I still don't see "Isokun" in any of this
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
macof:

I hope are aware that Arabians were close partners with Oyo traders.

Saki is an Arab word and the Yoruba word for laugher is "Irerin" I still don't see "Isokun" in any of this
You are not looking for answers or truth, so I am not suprise by your conclution which clearly shows you are not Yoruba, but an impostor just as Terracotter had suspected. What Yoruba person will call laughter 'irerin'? You thought you have asked me an impossible question, I have answered you and you have change the standard. Now, what does IWO ELERU mean?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
Kindly fetch me the story of how Arab trade partner name Saki as such, and the meaning of Saki in Arabia as well as the economic importance of the place as well as the reason it earn Arabian name. Kindly quote VERIFIABLE source for your story. Thanks.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 8:34am On Dec 20, 2013
ladionline: You are not looking for answers or truth, so I am not suprise by your conclution which clearly shows you are not Yoruba, but an impostor just as Terracotter had suspected. What Yoruba person will call laughter 'irerin'? You thought you have asked me an impossible question, I have answered you and you have change the standard. Now, what does IWO ELERU mean?

cheesy u just rumbling thrash

U are only trying by force by fire to link Yoruba to Semites

You say am not Yoruba lmao,cheesy because I am not as deluded and psycho as u are

Yisaki is a variant of the proper name Yisak. in Arabic-English "Is-haq"
Yisak seems more Hebrew

Really shocked so u guys gist of me...interesting

oh so now 'irerin' isn't laughter in Yoruba. Am guessing in ur head 'isokun' is
My still waiting to see how u twist isokun into all this

Am not even arguing with u on ur mission through this addiction of yours to link Middle east as Yoruba origin
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 11:12am On Dec 20, 2013
What take you so long macof?
knowing how you normally act with speed to bring anything you detest to spotlight.........................
NO, I wont play your game of 'mental attack and SCREAMING verbal assault', that's your weapon, not mine. I HAVE A NAME, DO YOU? IT TAKES COURAGE AND CONFIDENCE to do that. My town is small but mighty, the name is up there................

where do you hail from macof,............................ where do you hail from?...............................

I KEPT IGNORING YOU BECAUSE
(1) my name is out there and
(2) YOUR signature THOUGHT SYSTEM IS so CLEAR TO ALL THAT CAN READ AND COMPREHEND English, yes just as mine......................,.,......

Macof, CONSULT AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS RAISED EARLIER AS TO 'SAKI' BEING ARABIC. OR ................,....,

YOU ARE JOINING THE GROUP YOU LOVE TO CONDEMN? YOU ARE DYING TO SELL YORUBA TO BENIN THIS DAYS. WHATEVER HAPPEN TO your Evolution?

'INSULT' is not 'ANSWER'. KUDOS.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 11:18am On Dec 20, 2013
macof:

The bold makes Much sense. people ignorantly try to fix yoruba history into the semitc areas and use Bible to research as if the bible is accurate
TECHNICALLY speaking.................THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER, THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 11:59am On Dec 20, 2013
This thread as been a whole load of bullpoo with this ladi spreading his confusion and delusion, Now let me see u continue
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by RandomAfricanAm: 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
I was going to reply back to this thread but it appears to be some politics going on here(not that there's anything wrong with that) instead of straight inquiry on the topic.

You guys have fun. Though I do suggest if you didn't before to check out the thread I linked to before. It can add context to the time period in question.

here's another that gives an account of The goings on in Africa till immediately prior to the Yoruba founding.

https://www.nairaland.com/1519253/account-dispersal-people-across-sahale

Have fun I'm out
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
macof: This thread as been a whole load of bullpoo with this ladi spreading his confusion and delusion, Now let me see u continue
This particular one does not take you hours to respond, but it never attempt to answer the simplest questions raised by your thought. Please, on second thought, answer the question raised by your conclussions, you have plenty to fight.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
ladionline: This particular one does not take you hours to respond, but it never attempt to answer the simplest questions raised by your thought. Please, on second thought, answer the question raised by your conclussions, you have plenty to fight.

undecided this is just pathetic

Pls continue with ur delusion and psychosis
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
macof:

undecided this is just pathetic

Pls continue with ur delusion and psychosis
Gracious God! You know everything about elusive past and you take this forever to tell us your origin? Just pick any name you are proud of. This is the forth time in two months I am asking you this. I am pathetic? Are you despotic? My joker is any place you choose.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
^^I wish you answer my questions before you finally lose your cool.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
ladionline: ^^I wish you answer my questions before you finally lose your cool.

And why should I tell u where I come from? Wats ur business?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
macof:

Oro e, a fi bieti, biita.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 7:40am On Dec 21, 2013
macof:

So what if we say Yoruba is Semitic? Do you have any power to change our stance?

You are quick to say where Yoruba is not from but reluctant to say where you are from. Where is the home of your ancestry?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 7:49am On Dec 21, 2013
MetaPhysical:

So what if we say Yoruba is Semitic? Do you have any power to change our stance?

You are quick to say where Yoruba is not from but reluctant to say where you are from. Where is the home of your ancestry?

It's not about me, it's about the entire Yoruba nation. And everyone has his right to research and learn but when I see People trying to distort history I jump in.

I've given my stance on the Yoruba history and origin so many times that all I want to do know is watch those who dream for a middle east origin

My land of Origin is Ile-Ife and If any one feels not, let him trace his family origin first before making a fool of himself
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 8:16am On Dec 21, 2013
Acrobatic claim of an IMPOSTOR FOLLOWS:

macof:

It's not about me, it's about the entire Yoruba nation. And everyone has his right to research and learn but when I see People trying to distort history I jump in.

I've given my stance on the Yoruba history and origin so many times that all I want to do know is watch those who dream for a middle east origin

My land of Origin is Ile-Ife and If any one feels not, let him trace his family origin first before making a fool of himself

I AM FROM ADO-ODO.

I CAN SAY IT IN MY DREAMS.

I WOULD BE AS PROUD AS THIS IF I AM FROM IFE OR ANYWHERE IN YORUBA OR WHEREVER. NO POLITICS ABOUT IT, EXCEPT IF I AM DEAD SCARED TO TYPE IT.

@MACOF, WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE? DO YOU HAVE PEDIGREE?

Bee naa lowi leshi, booti wi naa nuni ~ nitadogun, boo ti wi l'orun 'o ba beelo. Majesin aberoaropiye. Boo ba je omo Ile Ife, kin ni ESENTANYE E?

Omo e-niyan ko je k'eniyan sinmi...enida eeriwo yah loda sinmi. kin ni ESENTAYE E?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 11:40am On Dec 21, 2013
ladionline: Acrobatic claim of an IMPOSTOR FOLLOWS:

I AM FROM ADO-ODO.

I CAN SAY IT IN MY DREAMS.

I WOULD BE AS PROUD AS THIS IF I AM FROM IFE OR ANYWHERE IN YORUBA OR WHEREVER. NO POLITICS ABOUT IT, EXCEPT IF I AM DEAD SCARED TO TYPE IT.

@MACOF, WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE? DO YOU HAVE PEDIGREE?

Bee naa lowi leshi, booti wi naa nuni ~ nitadogun, boo ti wi l'orun 'o ba beelo. Majesin aberoaropiye. Boo ba je omo Ile Ife, kin ni ESENTANYE E?

Omo e-niyan ko je k'eniyan sinmi...enida eeriwo yah loda sinmi. kin ni ESENTAYE E?

More Symptoms of Psychosis tongue
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
macof:

More Symptoms of Psychosis tongue
The fact is, you've been exposed................................. You are a pathological liar.........................,. that can never change ..............(i know you have limited grammar and does not even speak Yoruba, you can BOLD whatever you like here)............................ I set you up when encourage you to "choose" How wont you choose Ife?................................ It feel safe there. Ife is the 'fort' of your logic, not your place of birth. Go back to the hole WHERE you crawl out from, Yoruba sons are scrutinising their traditions here, they were not fighting or lying in wait to ambush each others' glaring sentiments. DESPOTISM AND PEER DISPUTE IS NOT IN OUR CHARACTER HERE UNTIL YOU CAME WITH YOUR SICK CURVES. GO BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG, KAINJI KO?
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
ladionline: The fact is, you've been exposed................................. You are a pathological liar.........................,. that can never change ..............(i know you have limited grammar and does not even speak Yoruba, you can BOLD whatever you like here)............................ I set you up when encourage you to "choose" How wont you choose Ife?................................ It feel safe there. Ife is the 'fort' of your logic, not your place of birth. Go back to the hole WHERE you crawl out from, Yoruba sons are scrutinising their traditions here, they were not fighting or lying in wait to ambush each others' glaring sentiments. DESPOTISM AND PEER DISPUTE IS NOT IN OUR CHARACTER HERE UNTIL YOU CAME WITH YOUR SICK CURVES. GO BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG, KAINJI KO?

Your mental problem dey grow...keep investigating me.

I have No time for ur silliness.
Continue spreading false information on this forum
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by MetaPhysical: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
macof:

This is contradictory!

First you say its about the race, I dont see anyone here talking about their father, grandfather, greatgrandfather and lineage; we are all talking about Yoruba race. Are we not?

Then you say people are distorting history. Are you aware that Yoruba antiquity is recorded in arts, oratory, myth, rites and so on? History is one part of its many records. In fact, its written history is far younger than any of its other methods of records. To add further, Yoruba myth is much richer and authentic than its written history. Becareful throwing the word "history" around. I know its a popular phrase but it is nonetheless susceptible to biases and inaccuracies.

Lastly you say you respect people's right to find their path but you jump in when that path is out of synch with yours. There are different schools of thought on Yoruba roots, they fall into two broad areas. If you have a path ypu want to research and discuss on you only need to open a thread wih the subject and people will contribute; Im sure you are fully aware of this. So Im lost as to your interest in trying to change opinion on a quest path that is different from one you subscribe to.

Good! Sit and watch. This is a point for collecting info, sort of an exchange. It is not the portal or container for all the aggregated knowledge. I dont think anyone will be dumb as to place the building blocks and conclusive output of their research here in NL when publishing agents out there are hungry and steadily soliciting for materials to publish and earn fame. If I have anything to teach and change the discussion on Yoruba roots and presence in AfroAsia you will not read it here from Metaphysical, you will be buying a book to learn it. Im sure you share that feeling.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
@Macof, If I distort Yoruba history, I don't distort your autobiography, do I? I am Yoruba, finding my roots, It is my civic right in my area of strength. I never stop you from finding yours. Go to where you crawl out from. Se o' niran ni? Ibo lo ti maa njawa gan~an? Se inu buruku mbi e lojojumo ni? Kini pataki e? Abi ara~ile Charles Darwin/Atheism ni e ni? Se tulasi wa ninu opolo e ni? Se o je werepe ni? Wabigba ku'o l'environment mi jo! alaropiye. Je nba awon oloye eda s'asaro.
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by ladionline: 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Ado - Ladionline, Discuss. by macof(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
MetaPhysical:

This is contradictory!

First you say its about the race, I dont see anyone here talking about their father, grandfather, greatgrandfather and lineage; we are all talking about Yoruba race. Are we not?

Then you say people are distorting history. Are you aware that Yoruba antiquity is recorded in arts, oratory, myth, rites and so on? History is one part of its many records. In fact, its written history is far younger than any of its other methods of records. To add further, Yoruba myth is much richer and authentic than its written history. Becareful throwing the word "history" around. I know its a popular phrase but it is nonetheless susceptible to biases and inaccuracies.

Lastly you say you respect people's right to find their path but you jump in when that path is out of synch with yours. There are different schools of thought on Yoruba roots, they fall into two broad areas. If you have a path ypu want to research and discuss on you only need to open a thread wih the subject and people will contribute; Im sure you are fully aware of this. So Im lost as to your interest in trying to change opinion on a quest path that is different from one you subscribe to.

Good! Sit and watch. This is a point for collecting info, sort of an exchange. It is not the portal or container for all the aggregated knowledge. I dont think anyone will be dumb as to place the building blocks and conclusive output of their research here in NL when publishing agents out there are hungry and steadily soliciting for materials to publish and earn fame. If I have anything to teach and change the discussion on Yoruba roots and presence in AfroAsia you will not read it here from Metaphysical, you will be buying a book to learn it. Im sure you share that feeling.

Point is This whole thread as been fused with BS

Edo= Edomites of the Bible
Ijebu= jebusites
Ekiti= amalakites

First u mention 'Ado' ur friend mentions Adonia
Then you both start Parading with certainty that middle east is where people came from and settled in yorubaland hence the name 'Ado'
Later Ado becomes Adam
Rebecca covering her face when she first met Isaac became part of Yoruba custom
Isaac is Isokun in Yoruba
A river in Ikorodu is mentioned in the Bible

Like seriously why won't I stop this from going to far?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Book on Yoruba Culture by Kola Abimbola / WHY DID YOUR PEOPLE SELL SLAVES TO WHITES? / 36 State Capitals In Nigeria And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.