Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Have You Been To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Been To Heaven (825 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been To Heaven by shylladear(f): 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2008
i know this is a very funny question but a serious one
but all the same just answer it if you have a good answer to it

do you believe that some one who died and went to heaven can come back

some people say that the moment you see heaven you cannot come back undecided

but we also have those that say they have been to heaven and are back
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by Gonorrhea(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2008
I was there last night, popped a bottle of champers with a couple of Angels to celebrate the arrival of my new CAR!
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by shylladear(f): 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
Gonorrhea:

I was there last night, popped a bottle of champers with a couple of Angels to celebrate the arrival of my new CAR!

very funny cheesy
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by JeSoul(f): 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2008
shylladear:

do you believe that some one who died and went to heaven can come back

what does the bible teach about this?
some people say that the moment you see heaven you cannot come back undecided
but we also have those that say they have been to heaven and are back

Hebrews 9:27
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

That verse should firmly answer all your questions.
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by shylladear(f): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2008
@jesoul
i know about that

but what about the people that are pastors today and the reason for their being pastors is because they once died and when they did they went to heaven (as they said) and later came back so inorder to thank the lord and let the world know that truly there is a place called heaven and also hell they decided to become pastors hmmmm

am sure uve heard such stories the question is do you believe its true undecided

simple yes or no
am also curious to know if it is true but personally i dont,
but i dont mind sharing other peolples view on this wink
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by sistajay(f): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2008
Im a Heaven citizen.
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by JeSoul(f): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2008
shylladear:

@jesoul
i know about that

but what about the people that are pastors today and the reason for their being pastors is because they once died and when they did they went to heaven (as they said) and later came back so inorder to thank the lord and let the world know that truly there is a place called heaven and also hell they decided to become pastors hmmmm

I would be wary of trusting such stories my sister because of all the liars and false teachers out there. I don't even see how such stories would advance the kingdom of God. At the end of the day we have to take their word for it, they cannot "prove" their experience. Which is why we should just stick to the bible and what we know, using that only as the building blocks for our faith.
  BUT the bible does leave plenty of room for people having visions and dreams revealing deep and glorious things. I believe as the bible allows that God can give people visions and dreams BUT as for physically going into heaven/hell - I don't see the foundation or justification for that.

We do see in the bible Jesus raising Lazarus who'd been dead for days. So a person dying and being raised by God is not an improbability. But again in this godless age I'm skeptical of the validity of most stories I hear - but I always try to remind myself that my skepticism doesn't necessarily negate its authenticity.

Cheers!  smiley
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by olabowale(m): 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2008
@JeSoul:

I would be wary of trusting such stories my sister because of all the liars and false teachers out there. I don't even see how such stories would advance the kingdom of God. At the end of the day we have to take their word for it, they cannot "prove" their experience. Which is why we should just stick to the bible and what we know, using that only as the building blocks for our faith.
BUT the bible does leave plenty of room for people having visions and dreams revealing deep and glorious things. I believe as the bible allows that God can give people visions and dreams BUT as for physically going into heaven/hell - I don't see the foundation or justification for that.

Aburo, I wo papa. What happens to the "proof," that the bible lacks itself, about anything?

We do see in the bible Jesus raising Lazarus who'd been dead for days. So a person dying and being raised by God is not an improbability. But again in this godless age I'm skeptical of the validity of most stories I hear - but I always try to remind myself that my skepticism doesn't necessarily negate its authenticity.

Sisi, if raising a person up makes the person qualifies as "god," then we are still having Gods around before Jesus and up till now; Moses raised a man so that he can be reveal his killer. Even the rotten bones of Elisha raised a person up. Could Jesus raise himself up? Think about it babe. Ori eniyan ti o ti ku, to gbera e dide ri, afi pe Olorun Oba lo je ki o dide. My bride was telling a story of her friend who visited Nigeria and got into an accident in Lagos. She was presumed dead and was left in the Morgue, while they are hoping that her family will come for her.

After sometime, maybe a day, longer or shorter, the woman began to talk whereby the morgue workers were attracted enough see what was going on. They took her and rushed her for medical treatment. The pictures of her in a bodybag was seen to show it. Now tell me who is this woman, a Yoruba pharmacist in DC. Is she god too?

Did you like my advise not to die for ayone?

Cheers!
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by morpheus24: 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2008
olabowale:

@JeSoul:
Aburo, I wo papa. What happens to the "proof," that the bible lacks itself, about anything?

Sisi, if raising a person up makes the person qualifies as "god," then we are still having Gods around before Jesus and up till now; Moses raised a man so that he can be reveal his killer. Even the rotten bones of Elisha raised a person up. Could Jesus raise himself up? Think about it babe. Ori eniyan ti o ti ku, to gbera e dide ri, afi pe Olorun Oba lo je ki o dide. My bride was telling a story of her friend who visited Nigeria and got into an accident in Lagos. She was presumed dead and was left in the Morgue, while they are hoping that her family will come for her.

After sometime, maybe a day, longer or shorter, the woman began to talk whereby the morgue workers were attracted enough see what was going on. They took her and rushed her for medical treatment. The pictures of her in a bodybag was seen to show it. Now tell me who is this woman, a Yoruba pharmacist in DC. Is she god too?

Cheers!

This boy you are truly brainwashed. Islamic propaganda at its best.
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by SeanT21(f): 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2008
If You go to heaven, U DO NOT RETURN!!
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by mazaje(m): 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2008
olabowale:

@JeSoul:

Cheers!

What is wrong with you this blind mohamamed foot soldier? does everything have to be about islam?o boy you are truly blinded by dogma.
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by shylladear(f): 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2008
SeanT21:

If You go to heaven, You DO NOT RETURN!!

thats the kind of question i want and not all the long stories am getting
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by HCH3COO: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2008
shylladear:

that's the kind of question i want and not all the long stories am getting
answer 
Re: Have You Been To Heaven by Eclairs: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
@question,
No

However, I am experiencing a heaven on earth and its al about Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

Yahweh And Jesus / Was Christ A Christian? / People Fight Back Against Blasphemy Law! (indonesia Atheist Update)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.