Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Love & Wisdom - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love & Wisdom (40251 Views)

Ighoosagie Words Of Wisdom. / Words Of Wisdom / The Wisdom Of The Serpent. - Full Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
¤Continuation¤

Temitayo kept on thinking on how Folawe predicted what he was thinking. "How did you know that's what I'm thinking right here?"

"People do tell me, once I tell my friends too, they'll argue and tell me I have problem." She smiled.

".. And why is your believe that way? Why have you finalized that there's no God?"

"There's no God because there's no God."

"You are seeming too difficult to tackle. You are twisting me, up and down, right and left. Please go straight to the point." He smiled.

Fola chuckled and adjusted herself on the seat. "This is great. My parents were shot dead by some thieves and took millions of naira from them. My brother also died of asthma, not natural also, he was sprayed till he died. My grandma is blind, what else?"

Tayo sighed. "This is really more than great. But this hasn't shown that there's no God."

"What else will show? When I die right? Where was God when everything happened? Where was God when my parents were killed without us knowing those that killed them. I got some evidences from the scene but no one to help conduct investigation. I'm I the only being?"

"That doesn't matter!"

"It does a long way!"

"It doesn't. Yours is just like a tip of an iceberg compared to some's own. You can't guess what's happening out there, you are far better than some."

"Why has God made some people rich and alright, made some people with good health, millions of people serving them and many people are wretched, fruitless, poverty-stricken, blind and other stuffs."

"I don't have an answer to that. Someday, someone will answer it." Tayo replied.

Folawe smiled. "Can you now see. Everyone I've been asking has no answer to that question. There's no God."

They finally got to Pemisire's school. Fola was in the car, while Tayo went into the school to pick her daughter.

...To be continued...
Re: Love & Wisdom by Hameenat94(f): 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
T.Dan add suspence na.its lackin it

2 Likes

Re: Love & Wisdom by abimbs: 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2013
weldone bro

1 Like

Re: Love & Wisdom by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
I've got an answer to the question...
If everybody is rich, who will be d poor, who will b d servants, who will be the messenger, who will be d secretary, who will be willing to work for others when there is so much money? Which occupation would they be doing? Who will plant the crops, process it and sell it? There is a purpose for everything in life.... Just strive to be better than you are...

3 Likes

Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:59am On Dec 15, 2013
You sud trust me na, suspense is on its way. Infact, I sud av said SUSPENSES gringringringrin

Suspense z on its way. C now oh, they are d 1s asking 4 it. In no tym, you'll see "T.Dan, which kind of suspense is this. Come and update now.. Etc"

grin, u knw me oh!
Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2013
¤Continuation¤

Pemisire and her father walked out smiling to each other. He opened the front door and showed her Folawe. She jumped at her on seeing her, she was really happy. Folawe cuudled her happily and carried her on her laps. "How are you?" She smiled.

"I'm fine aunty." She replied, also smiling.

"How old are you sef?"

"She's just two years and some months." Tayo replied walking to the driver's seat.

"Two years? And she talks like a child of three to four years?" She asked amazingly.

"I don't understand too oh. God's works can't be predicted at all."

"Hmmn... God." She repeated and faced Tayo.

"Yeah."

"Now, you've seen me now. How's your mum?" She smiled.

Tayo cleared his throat. "She's not coming again." Pemisire replied.

"Coming? How?" She faced Tayo.

"Don't mind her, what she was trying to say is that her mum don't come to school to pick her." He smiled.

"Oooh.. I now get.."

"No. She's not at home again. That is it." She concluded.

Tayo turned his face to the left. "This girl!" He sighed.

"Hmmn.. Let's go sha." She quickly smiled and the left.

...To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Love & Wisdom by D9ty7(m): 10:29am On Dec 15, 2013
Prof T.DAN you've been doing good.
Readers, check out my story https://www.nairaland.com/1544121/undercover-agent/9
Re: Love & Wisdom by adegwurulez(m): 10:33am On Dec 15, 2013
Temitope Daniel: You sud trust me na, suspense is on its way. Infact, I sud av said SUSPENSES gringringringrin

Suspense z on its way. C now oh, they are d 1s asking 4 it. In no tym, you'll see "T.Dan, which kind of suspense is this. Come and update now.. Etc"

grin, u knw me oh!
some of us are allergic to suspense o pls dont kill us with it o. D9ty7 i see u, u no go church?
Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lol.. Orait. Updating soon.

1 Like

Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
¤Continuation¤

Folawe followed both the father and daughter home, she played with Pemisire all through till they got home. She carried her in looking around. "This is a beautiful palace."

"Urgh.. Ladies. See them oh." He uttered.

Folawe stared at him for a moment."Youare funny now. I said this place is a beautiful place and you said..."

Tayo cut in. "Yes now. You guys tease a lot." He smiled and exhaled.

Fola chuckled. "Hmmn.. I see. Anyways, let me rest a little before I leave."

"Live here now." Pemisire said sadly.

Folawe smiled. "This is awesome. You are funny oh." She glimpsed at her, still looking around.

"Now, she can't stay here. She has to go home." Tayo smiled, stretching his hands to carry her.

"Leave me." She uttered and gummed towards her.

"Then you'll have to continue staying with her." Tayo laughed and sat down.

"Leave her for me." She replied smiling.

"Hmmn..."

¤¤¤¤

Olanrewaju was a young, cute and handsome guy. He worked with an oil and gas company and was in real wealth. He loosed his wife few years back to a fatal accident and from then, he never married. He has his sister, Evelyn, living with him in his big and beautiful mansion.

He loved playing football when anytime he got angry or bored. He loved composing songs also and loved his sister more than anyone.

Evelyn, Lanre's sister was also a beautiful and playful lady who loved talking and chatting. She had been pushed severally to advice her brother to marry again but Lanre was usually adamant and loved no lady asides his late wife.

Evelyn was in her 200 level in a private university also with her one room mate. She was studying mass communication and always wished to be a presenter of celebrities on a program her brother promised he'd make come to reality.

...To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Love & Wisdom by D9ty7(m): 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
I dey feel you die. But dnt tell Folawe will end up marrying one of these widowers.

1 Like

Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
D9ty7: I dey feel you die. But dnt tell Folawe will end up marrying one of these widowers.

Lol... Na you me sud be feeling na, as ma boss! I don't knw y, I've been following your "undercover agent" silently. Make I come disturb dt thread. grin
Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Am afraid ba3 low... Just in d mood to continue updating, ba3 don Bleep up! Sorry bosses, updating soon!
Re: Love & Wisdom by D9ty7(m): 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Disturb ke? I have a very rude bouncer even tho he is in my office serving punishment.
Temitope Daniel:

Lol... Na you me sud be feeling na, as ma boss! I don't knw y, I've been following your "undercover agent" silently. Make I come disturb dt thread. grin
Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
D9ty7: Disturb ke? I have a very rude bouncer even tho he is in my office serving punishment.

Lol.. He won't want to come near me. You'll soon c me in d thread grin
Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
¤Continuation¤

Folawe got back to the house. She's been eager to see her grandma. She had collected Tayo's phone number and his BB pin. She texted him immediately she got home and called him after receiving his text message too, thanking her. "Please give my girl the phone, I want to speak with her."

"I wonder this kind of lady, the girl that her mother even hates. I didn't even ask her the work she's doing, she should still be a student. She should be a right choice." He was thinking.

"Are you still there?" Folawe asked and took the phone off the ear to check if she was still connected.

"Yes, trying to figure where she is." He replied smiling.

"Alright sir." She smiled back.

"She was still connected when her phone vibrated thrice. She got three whatsapp messages. The phone finally got to Pemisire and she spoke with her for a while before she ended the call and checked her opened the whatsapp application. "TAYO?" She stared at the phone.

It was that night Olawale and his wife were driven to Lagos to pick their son who just arrived up. They've planned everything that they'd sleep over till tomorrow in Lagos. Olawale and his wife were happily discussing as they were going in the car. "This boy would have grown in such a manner I mayn't imagine."

"That's normal, when is not that he's suffering." She replied.

"He should just arrive and start heading one of my companies." He smiled.

"Not only that, and marry." She replied.

"That's true."

"He may bring the lady along, I trust him." She smiled.

"See teeth, he can't marry any girl from that place. He's going to marry Folawe, my friend's daughter."

"That's in school?" She curiously asked.

"They'll be engaged then." He replied.

"Why always this girl? When its not that her father is not dead. Must she always be connected with us?"

"I understand better, woman!" He shouted.

"Hmmmn.. I see."

...To be continued...
Re: Love & Wisdom by D9ty7(m): 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
Temitope Daniel: ¤Continuation¤

Folawe got back to the house. She's been eager to see her grandma. She had collected Tayo's phone number and his BB pin. She texted him immediately she got home and called him after receiving his text message too, thanking her. "Please give my girl the phone, I want to speak with her."

"I wonder this kind of lady, the girl that her mother even hates. I didn't even ask her the work she's doing, she should still be a student. She should be a right choice." He was thinking.

"Are you still there?" Folawe asked and took the phone off the ear to check if she was still connected.

"Yes, trying to figure where she is." He replied smiling.

"Alright sir." She smiled back.

"She was still connected when her phone vibrated thrice. She got three whatsapp messages. The phone finally got to Pemisire and she spoke with her for a while before she ended the call and checked her opened the whatsapp application. "TAYO?" She stared at the phone.

It was that night Olawale and his wife were driven to Lagos to pick their son who just arrived up. They've planned everything that they'd sleep over till tomorrow in Lagos. Olawale and his wife were happily discussing as they were going in the car. "This boy would have grown in such a manner I mayn't imagine."

"That's normal, when is not that he's suffering." She replied.

"He should just arrive and start heading one of my companies." He smiled.

"Not only that, and marry." She replied.

"That's true."

"He may bring the lady along, I trust him." She smiled.

"See teeth, he can't marry any girl from that place. He's going to marry Folawe, my friend's daughter."

"That's in school?" She curiously asked.

"They'll be engaged then." He replied.

"Why always this girl? When its not that her father is not dead. Must she always be connected with us?"

"I understand better, woman!" He shouted.

"Hmmmn.. I see."

...To be continued...
Which kind thing be that Mr Olawale my namesake? Folawe is not marrying your son but wait o.....
Re: Love & Wisdom by tellwisdom: 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Go sell your story to primary school pupils undecided
Re: Love & Wisdom by MightyFortress: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
Story...
Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
tellwisdom: Go sell your story to primary school pupils undecided

You've used "TELLWISDOM" as ur username here and I can't c you telling wisdom. I've always said I've never been an art student so I know nothing about stories. I wonder why ds story has reached fp sef, it hasn't reached a stage where it'd be interesting. I've even said it that its still BORING! Please if you know you won't add to me, don't make me regret writing this. Its annoying!

1 Like

Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Updaying soon jere.... Typing. Thanks all 4 making ds reach fp, although tz 2 early, d story z still dry bayi, I'll add suspense and oda tinz now.

Fenx.
Re: Love & Wisdom by PrinceAdepoju(m): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Boss, You Story Is On Front Page...Carry On Jare !!

1 Like

Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
¤Continuation¤

Michael, Olawale's son was picked from the airport that evening and they headed to a great hotel to spend their night there.

Tayo's whatsapp messages were received. Folawe kept staring at the phone. "I'm I dreaming? What has he sent to me now?" She was asking herself.

She opened the message and met him online. He just greeted her. She deleted him from his contacts instantly and was sad, he just made her remember the past.

She thought of all what hppened that day, about Pemisire and her father. She was thinking on how where Pemisire's mother could be. "It must be that she had left the house." She shrugged. "Many people hate handicapped children. Is it that her mother has abandoned her?" She kept thinking until her thoughts were interrupted by hard knocks on the door. She was frightened and moved towards the door. "Who's there." She stammered out.

No one replied her, she was wondering who could be at the door, scaring her that night. "I said who's there!" She exclaimed.

"We are from Grandma's friend to drop a package for her." A thick male voice replied her from outside.

"Grandma? Friend and package?"

"Yes, ask her now." A soft voice interrupted her.

"Okay." She opened the door then some set of guys entered with different harmful materials.

¤¤¤¤

Folawe's friends were in the room, gisting. They were abusing Tayo as a foolish fellow for deserting their friends. Suddenly Ronke's phone beeped, she received a code from Folawe "XYZ" they use the code in their room, whenever anyone is in trouble, they send the code to alert themselves. "I guess Folawe is in trouble. Its late already, she must be at home." She uttered.

"XYZ?" Sayo stared curiously.

"Yes now." She replied.

"What do we do now? Should we go and call the guys and quickly rush to their house?"

"It isn't up to that extent. The lady might be joking sef." Ronke smiled.

"This isn't a joking matter. We've stroke a deal that we won't send it unless we are in great trouble."

"Em.. What do we do now?"

...To be continued...
Re: Love & Wisdom by heywhykum(f): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hmmn... Fp again! I trust you jere Boss! Now, come and continue with ds oh.. You've started ur suspense naw grin. #waiting
Re: Love & Wisdom by pcaptain38(f): 12:31am On Dec 16, 2013
hmm

if u are looking for affordable spacious hall for hire for any kind of Event
call 07046432546

http://central-business-district./spacious-hall-for-all-kind-of-social-and-corporate-events-in-the-heart-of-abuja-for-hire-iid-574395829
Re: Love & Wisdom by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:14am On Dec 16, 2013
Getting interesting... But i must say im getting confused with the characters, lots of characters.... Don't mind me jhor, my brain is full. Their names are kinda dsame and it confuses me..

There are some things I wanna point out.
- "his wife were driven to Lagos " it should be "were driving to Lagos"..
-"He loosed his wife few years back" :::: "He lost his wife few years back"
-"He loved playing football when anytime he got angry or bored" ::::: "He loved playing football anytime he got angry or bored" OR "He loves to play football whenever he gets angry or bored"

It ain't easy writing a story... Kudos

1 Like

Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:33am On Dec 16, 2013
LogoDWhiz: Getting interesting... But i must say im getting cinfuaed with the characters, lots of characters.... Don't mind me jhor, my brain is full. There names are kinda dsame and it confuses me..

There are some things I wanna point out.
- "his wife were driven to Lagos " it should be "were driving to Lagos"..
-"He loosed his wife few years back" :::: "He lost his wife few years back"
-"He loved playing football when anytime he got angry or bored" ::::: "He loved playing football anytime he got angry or bored" OR "He loves to play football whenever he gets angry or bored"

It ain't easy writing a story... Kudos

Thanks man! You are the best. Isn't this the best than saying "go and sell your story to primary school students" thanks God bless! All NOTED!
Re: Love & Wisdom by Nancydearie(f): 3:33am On Dec 16, 2013
Following

2 Likes

Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:57am On Dec 16, 2013
¤Continuation¤

The guys were fully armed, looking here and there. Oyinkan, the young lady that was the maid walked out to check on the visitors, she was shot immediately. The Grandma started shivering and kept herself immediately. She was weeping inside, thinking on what might be happening.

The guys entered properly and took their various seats. Folawe was standing by the door shivering but couldn't see their faces because there was no electricity. It was only in Grandma's room they lighted a candle for Oyinkan who had been reading a novel to see properly there.

"You are the one that can identify thieves right?" One of them uttered.

They all laughed.

Folawe continued shivering. Her mouth was closed, no one was around. She was thinking people must have heard the gunshot and come to rescue her. She was with her phone and dialed the phone number of Pemisire's father so that he would be able to hear everything that was going on but the network was busy.

"Guys, time dey go na, quickly let's finish her." One of them said.

"Let's deliberate on this issue. In Olokuta village, its this night they are having their sacrificial ceremony, any stranger seen will be used for sacrifice. Let us use her for sacrifice now."

"Someone we ought to have shot and left."

"No. I don't want her to die easily. I want her to feel some pains before she die. I'm from that village so I know better. She'll be tied to a tree, the people in charge will pour a lot of water on her and flog her without mercy, from there, they'll start cutting parts of her body, she'll know khaki no be leather."

Folawe was still shivering. "Wish I didn't leave school today."

"Nice idea." They chorus and stood at once.

They carried her and took her into the "Honda CRV" they parked outside. They drove recklessly out of the compound, she was placed in the booth.

Lanre was by the roadside, having some phone calls. He was calling his best friend who was a D.P.O. His Honda CRV was stolen from him, his pause and phone were in it. Many minutes later, his friend, Dapo arrived to pick him from the scene. "I just hope there's a tracking device.."

"Sure, there is a tracking device there. We can still locate it now."

"Okay, let's quickly go to those guys. The trackers will help us." Dapo uttered.

"Thanks friend, you are one in a million." He replied, frustrated.

...To be continued...
Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:57am On Dec 16, 2013
Nancydearie: Following

Trust you sis!
Re: Love & Wisdom by Jhymrod(f): 7:30am On Dec 16, 2013
TDan,plz don't mind those people discouraging you,just be focus. Still following

1 Like

Re: Love & Wisdom by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2013
Jhymrod: TDan,plz don't mind those people discouraging you,just be focus. Still following

Thanks jere my Boss! You re dah best!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France. / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 / Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.