Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Sosoliso Plane Crash 2005: Remembering The '60 Angels' & Others :-[ - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sosoliso Plane Crash 2005: Remembering The '60 Angels' & Others :-[ (968 Views)

Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) / Happy Birthday To Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor Kechi Okwuchi As She Turns 25 / Identical Twin Sisters Die In Car Crash After Leaving Nightclub [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sosoliso Plane Crash 2005: Remembering The '60 Angels' & Others :-[ by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 10, 2013
At about 14:08 local time on 10 December 2005, Flight 1145 from Abuja crash-landed on the runway at the Port Harcourt International Airport. The plane, a McDonnell Douglas DC-9-32 with 110 people onboard, burst into flames. 60 school kids from the Loyola Jesuit college, abuja lost their lives (including my 7yrs old little cousin) cry

Its been 8yrs of staying strong by the affected families. We've had more plane crashes after this but this was 1 of the most memorable & painful of all plane crashes in Nigeria! My uncle & his wife (gynaecologist & paedetrician respectively) watched on as their 1st seed was burnt in d plane! Only a portion of d unburnt boxers on him was what they used in identifying him cry

My prayers 2day is with all those that lost their family & friends in the plane crash! May we not experience such again in our lives in Jesus name, Amen. embarassed
Re: Sosoliso Plane Crash 2005: Remembering The '60 Angels' & Others :-[ by kwaraauto: 6:47am On Dec 10, 2013
What a black day! May the Almighty God continue to protect us all.
Re: Sosoliso Plane Crash 2005: Remembering The '60 Angels' & Others :-[ by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 10, 2013
kwara auto: What a black day! May the Almighty God continue to protect us all.

Amen oh. I remember that dey had only 1 fire truck & no ambulance on standby @ d airport @ d time of d accident or else d casualties would have been less
Re: Sosoliso Plane Crash 2005: Remembering The '60 Angels' & Others :-[ by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 10, 2013
Yes o!
How time flies!
That day was still very fresh in my mind.
Three family friends children were involved.
One was the only son.
Mum developed mental problem later though she came around but........,
Big tragedy.
I hope those families r fairing well now.

The day PH came to a standstill.
Innocent bloods in d air.
Re: Sosoliso Plane Crash 2005: Remembering The '60 Angels' & Others :-[ by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 10, 2013
Yeah! Dat wkend was terrible. May such affliction never befall our friends and enemies, amen!

(1) (Reply)

Is Her Sister Greedy? / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) / 5 Tips For Single Women Above 35 To Get Their Own Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.