Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Drogba On Mandela Shirts: ‘I Would Do It Again’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drogba On Mandela Shirts: ‘I Would Do It Again’ (667 Views)

ndela Day / World Leaders And Celebrities Comments On Mandela's Death / Food For Thought On Mandela's Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drogba On Mandela Shirts: ‘I Would Do It Again’ by Built2last: 8:11am On Dec 10, 2013
Superstar forward Didier Drogba vowed on social media Monday afternoon that he and friend Emmanuel Eboue would not hesitate to wear T-shirts praising the late global icon Nelson Mandela again despite facing punishment from the Turkish Football Federartion (TFF).

The Ivorian legend posted on his Instagram page a collage of him wearing his T-shit underneath his jersey after the 2-0 Galatasaray home win over over Elazspor Friday evening and a photo with him standing besides the South African international figure. The picture came with a caption that displayed Drogba showing some penitence for his candid love for Mandela, but also a clear sign of no regret.

1. “I’m sorry if I had to I would do it again and again,” he wrote. “Not because of political beliefs but because this man inspired me, a county, a continent, the world!!! Thanks again Madiba.”

Drogba even encouraged followers of his Instagram page to weigh in on his comments.Both Drogba and Eboue’s cases have been sent to the TFF’s Professional Football Discipline Committee, where the two are likely to receive a similar fine that Fethiyespor players received last week for wearing shirts honoring Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder of modern Turkey.TFF says the Ivorian stars will be punished because they failed to receive permission from them to wear the shirts.

http://therainbow.com.ng/drogba-on-mandela-shirts-i-would-do-it-again/
Re: Drogba On Mandela Shirts: ‘I Would Do It Again’ by oshyno(m): 10:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Daz d spirit bro. No mind those refined Boko boys.

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Declares Public Holidays For Christmas And New Year / Yabo's Letter To Obasanjo Laminated And Sold By vendors | See Photo » / Adetutu Adesida-ojei Is Regent Not Dike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.