Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Engineering Students Chatroom - Education (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Engineering Students Chatroom (27638 Views)

Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / Nairaland Undergraduates Central Chatroom / KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT CHATROOM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 12:13am On Nov 02, 2014
yinkard4me:

Luckygirl, hehehe. Am a graduate of Mechanical engineering dept, ABU zaria. Most engine students complains about 200Level. Why? It's cos you guys do most of our courses.
Mech no be beans oh... When we were in 200L, almost all engine studnts in d faculty complained of having dia worst result ever buh my dear, when we got to 300L and started mech proper, we knew our 200L result was far better buh here I am today, I give God all d Glory. Goodluck dear
smiley smiley smiley
That department, gosh!! I've not found the right word with which to describe them.
Well, I definitely know it's not easy, goodluck to you guys.

So, how has it been? Have you served? How's it like outside the four walls of the university?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by dColumbus(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
I grt d ous, gr8 engineers, am new here and wanna flow wit u guys, tanx
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by dhrey: 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
nice thread,newly admitted chemical engineering student(unilag).
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by yinkard4me(m): 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Luckygurl:

smiley smiley smiley
That department, gosh!! I've not found the right word with which to describe them.
Well, I definitely know it's not easy, goodluck to you guys.

So, how has it been? Have you served? How's it like outside the four walls of the university?
grin
I have served dear, Outside d 4 walls of d university is d reality of being an engineer, dats when u get to know u need experience to get experience grin Engineering is far more than the Nigeria university curriculum. In engineering, U need a lot of practical exposure cos most coys want to employ u for ur knowledge and wat u can offer, except for few competitive graduate trainee jobs and hope u knw dat you are not an even an ENGINEER until 3Yrs after graduation. Study Hard, Work Hard and Pray Hard re d keys of being a successful engineer. Being an engineer is d best anyone can be and u'll never regret in life... Meanwhile Thermodynamics was my best course in school.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
yinkard4me:

grin
I have served dear, Outside d 4 walls of d university is d reality of being an engineer, dats when u get to know u need experience to get experience grin Engineering is far more than the Nigeria university curriculum. In engineering, U need a lot of practical exposure cos most coys want to employ u for ur knowledge and wat u can offer, except for few competitive graduate trainee jobs and hope u knw dat you are not an even an ENGINEER until 3Yrs after graduation. Study Hard, Work Hard and Pray Hard re d keys of being a successful engineer. Being an engineer is d best anyone can be and u'll never regret in life... Meanwhile Thermodynamics was my best course in school.

Hmmmm!! There's more to this life than just being a graduate, it's like you starting all over again. I do hope you're being favoured out there in the labour market.
So what are those practical experiences you'd personally suggest to any one? I wouldn't mind trying out any of it.

I did my eng 101 and that's how I got to know about NSE and COREN. A long procedure I tell you, waiting for a whole three years before you're called an engineer whereas our colleagues in other professions have a title to themselves atmost a year after graduation.

Really, Thermodynamics was your favourite? I can't help but be happy that I'm done with that department and their courses. Me 261! I so dreaded that course but I still found out that it was some of my coursemate's favourite, those in Mech department mainly. Maybe it's because of the way I already conditioned my mind.

Sincerely hoping to learn more from youcheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by yinkard4me(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
Luckygurl:

Hmmmm!! There's more to this life than just being a graduate, it's like you starting all over again. I do hope you're being favoured out there in the labour market.
So what are those practical experiences you'd personally suggest to any one? I wouldn't mind trying out any of it.

I did my eng 101 and that's how I got to know about NSE and COREN. A long procedure I tell you, waiting for a whole three years before you're called an engineer whereas our colleagues in other professions have a title to themselves atmost a year after graduation.

Really, Thermodynamics was your favourite? I can't help but be happy that I'm done with that department and their courses. Me 261! I so dreaded that course but I still found out that it was some of my coursemate's favourite, those in Mech department mainly. Maybe it's because of the way I already conditioned my mind.

Sincerely hoping to learn more from youcheesy cheesy cheesy
Well, I served in an higher institution in d capacity of an asst lecturer, I lectured thermodynamics and strenght of materials which really was a very great experience and it was a great stepping stone, I did an HSE professional course during my service year and I was given an internship opportunity with a belgium company for some weeks(WITHOUT PAY) which also was anoda great experience and add-up and so many odas experiences and exposure my dear that I won't like to discuss here. My dear, Life has been wonderful as an engineer and we thank God thus far he has brought us. BTW, I don't even knw d engine dept u rep... we all learn from one anoda in d engine family, so don't expect to learn only from me, I would learn from u too.

1 Like

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
yinkard4me:

Well, I served in an higher institution in d capacity of an asst lecturer, I lectured thermodynamics and strenght of materials which really was a very great experience and it was a great stepping stone, I did an HSE professional course during my service year and I was given an internship opportunity with a belgium company for some weeks(WITHOUT PAY) which also was anoda great experience and add-up and so many odas experiences and exposure my dear that I won't like to discuss here. My dear, Life has been wonderful as an engineer and we thank God thus far he has brought us. BTW, I don't even knw d engine dept u rep... we all learn from one anoda in d engine family, so don't expect to learn only from me, I would learn from u too.

I rep electronic engineering, the dept that has the highest number of females.
Yes, no man is an island and I wouldn't hesitate with any little info I've got that would be of help to anyone.
The HSE professional course you talked about, do you think I can combine it with school stress? I'd browse on it to know what exactly it entails and perhaps you can enlighten me more on it.

School resumes in about a week's time and I can't help but being scared of continuing with the struggles. Well, it's all for good and I know His grace is sufficient for me.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by yinkard4me(m): 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
Luckygurl:

I rep electronic engineering, the dept that has the highest number of females.
Yes, no man is an island and I wouldn't hesitate with any little info I've got that would be of help to anyone.
The HSE professional course you talked about, do you think I can combine it with school stress? I'd browse on it to know what exactly it entails and perhaps you can enlighten me more on it.

School resumes in about a week's time and I can't help but being scared of continuing with the struggles. Well, it's all for good and I know His grace is sufficient for me.
Well Dear, scared? Why re u scared now? I always have that believe in OUR engine babes. We had 3 ladies in my class dat year, they were wonderful and I respect them a lot, I still keep in touch with two of dem, anytym I see anoda LADY engine BOY, I always remember dos two wonderful hardworking ladies.
Asper d HSE, which is Health, safety and Environment... Try and google it and ask me any question on it and I would be glad to provide answers as I won't advice u to just venture into wah u don't know much about. I did mine with Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) UK, that's a safety and health association in d UK with representative here in Nigeria. Yh! U can combine it with ur studies as there re student membership, coporate membership and all dat. Ask ur questions
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
yinkard4me:

Well Dear, scared? Why re u scared now? I always have that believe in OUR engine babes. We had 3 ladies in my class dat year, they were wonderful and I respect them a lot, I still keep in touch with two of dem, anytym I see anoda LADY engine BOY, I always remember dos two wonderful hardworking ladies.
Asper d HSE, which is Health, safety and Environment... Try and google it and ask me any question on it and I would be glad to provide answers as I won't advice u to just venture into wah u don't know much about. I did mine with Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) UK, that's a safety and health association in d UK with representative here in Nigeria. Yh! U can combine it with ur studies as there re student membership, coporate membership and all dat. Ask ur questions

I googled about HSE and I think I have an idea on what it's all about, ISPON I think offers the training too.
This is something that will enhance your CV I think. Will undergoing the training with a particular association make any much difference??
I really don't have any much questions for now but I won't hesitate to seek your opinion on an issue whenever the need arises.
Thanks for everything, I appreciate.

Asper my being scared of resuming, I'm just being frank. The running around for submission of assignments, reports, the sleepless nights, the starvation, the stress in general, like I said it's all for good. We've got to work hard just to achieve something tangible, no two ways about it.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by yinkard4me(m): 12:41am On Nov 06, 2014
Luckygurl:

I googled about HSE and I think I have an idea on what it's all about, ISPON I think offers the training too.
This is something that will enhance your CV I think. Will undergoing the training with a particular association make any much difference??
I really don't have any much questions for now but I won't hesitate to seek your opinion on an issue whenever the need arises.
Thanks for everything, I appreciate.

Asper my being scared of resuming, I'm just being frank. The running around for submission of assignments, reports, the sleepless nights, the starvation, the stress in general, like I said it's all for good. We've got to work hard just to achieve something tangible, no two ways about it.
Association doesn't really matter if u register with a genuine one. Wish u God's speed as u resumes back to school. Stay safe and sorry about ur sister.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 8:58am On Nov 06, 2014
yinkard4me:

Association doesn't really matter if u register with a genuine one. Wish u God's speed as u resumes back to school. Stay safe and sorry about ur sister.

It's okay, I'd let you in on my progress with the HSE training.
Wishing you the best in your endeavours cheesy cheesy
Thanks once more....
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Abedfff14: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hello guyz, im new here . I rep department of PRODUCTION ENGINEERING of great UNIBEN. Am currently in 200l, wana flow wit d thread
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by barackodam: 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ella, come back here ooo.

Elantraceey
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy new year guys.... more As, and whatever else u desire!!!
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by elantraceey(f): 12:46am On Jan 01, 2015
barackodam:
Ella, come back here ooo.

Elantraceey

Happy new year engineers .

I pray that we begin to feel the impart of engineers in Nigeria this year cheesy grin
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by barackodam: 12:56am On Jan 01, 2015
elantraceey:

Happy new year engineers .

I pray that we begin to feel the impart of engineers in Nigeria this year cheesy grin

Yeah.

The pioneer is hear.

You probably forgot this thread, ddnt you??
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by elantraceey(f): 1:16am On Jan 01, 2015
barackodam:

Yeah.

The pioneer is hear.

You probably forgot this thread, ddnt you??

I didnt o , how could i
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by barackodam: 1:29am On Jan 01, 2015
elantraceey:

I didnt o , how could i

Okay, your siggy tho wink wink wink
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by elantraceey(f): 1:40am On Jan 01, 2015
barackodam:

Okay, your siggy tho wink wink wink

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Emmafe(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Do you need any information or need to be enlightened on
OAU admission,visit the school social website
www.oaucampus.com to get all necessary information
from stalites to get ready for the admission race.

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by ewosk: 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
MechEngineer:
Hello........

Am Here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Kinolas(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
anyone done this project before ? " design and fabrication of a motorized tricycle"
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by MechEngineer: 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
ewosk:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Yeeeeeeaaaah.
Thank u...!!!
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Emmafe(m): 1:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
Communication among students is now easy as
www.oaucampus.com is launch for meeting &
chatting,passing info & getin updates on school
activites
and admission info for aspirants.

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by AlphaMaximus(m): 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by haryormeedeh(f): 1:27am On Jan 26, 2015
yinkard4me:

grin
congrats on being a graduate, I am an elect elect student, is there any training I can undertake that will benefit me later? thank you
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by AlphaMaximus(m): 10:17am On Jan 26, 2015
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by elantraceey(f): 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2015
Knock Knock

Anybody here? sad
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
elantraceey:
Knock Knock

Anybody here? sad
you're an engineering student?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by elantraceey(f): 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Jesuspikin77:
you're an engineering student?

Yes i am.

are you?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by badu2580(m): 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
Evenin guys. M a mech enng,r student. Nid some helpin hand on my project. The title is "Reconditioning of laboratory demonstration model"

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Nuhu Gidado Visits A School In Bauchi, Finds Out 17 Teachers Were Absent(Photos) / 4 Ways To Graduate With Plenty Cash In The Bank / Edo Man Bagged PhD In The Same Field With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.