Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,729 members, 7,837,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! (26715 Views)

Joseph Ayodele Babalola Ministering At An Open Air Crusade In 1939 / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / Churches Have Turned To Beer Parlours & Their Pastors Preach Heresy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by 36STATES: 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
This is just a publicity stunt. Our ignorant army of unemployed youths will be heading to this guys scam centre to give away the little they have instead of looking for a way of giving themselves some edge over other in their search for jobs through trainings.

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by obyrich(m): 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
That pastor is targeting a particular beer parlour in a strategic position at Ogba where he wants to plant his own church. Crusade my foot!
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by iGeneral: 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
I won't waste my 111th comment here. I will rather use it to comment elsewhere.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
coolshegs10: People are funny or shud i say stupid? So wot u guys are trying 2 say is dat Jesus is in support of alcoholic drinks since he turned water to wine @ Cana?
This what can be best described as ''ignorance of the highest order''....u beta ask God for forgiveness for insulting d innocent pastor.

Definately you are not reading your bible and it seem you are the one silly here. Here are some verses supporting drinking of wines (strong alcohol) in the bible.

Genesis 27:28
God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine.

Judges 9:13
Wine, which cheereth God and man.

Psalms 104:15
Wine that maketh glad the heart of man.

Proverbs 31:6-9
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

Ecclesiastes 9:7
Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart.

Song of Solomon 5:1
I have drunk my wine.... O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly.

Zechariah 9:17
How great is his goodness ... corn shall make the young men cheerful, and new wine for the maids.

Deuteronomy 14:26
....and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.

^^^^here is an instruction from God saying you can use your money to buy wine and stron drink. Shebi it your money?

There is one from apostle paul. 1 Timothy 5:23
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

lol

5 Likes

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by MsSantaClaus(f): 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
247cheapgadgets: [b]JESUS TURNED WATER INTO NON-ALCOHOLIC WINE OOO[/b]You people should not commit sin o...

247cheapgadgets
Wholesalers of powerbanks pin:2256D856

Was there anything like "Non- Alcoholic" wine in those days?? I seriously doubt it, that's why it was watered down, get your facts right!
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by xynerise: 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
vizkiz:

are u ok angry
Sorry, no vex. I no no say customers dey here undecided

2 Likes

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by haibe(m): 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
Like someone said: misplaced priorities.

There are better things to do than this.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Aderupoko2: 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
And they enjoyed the tax payed by these companies to Government at all levels. And they collected tithe from members that work in Breweries. Go to the north and rain fire on Boko Haram that is where you are needed most. But why Church full Lagos and scanty for Maiduguri or Yobe
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
ebamma: you want to close a money*making factory and replace it with a money taking factory abi,

Lol. Couldn't help but laugh at this.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by iconoclast(m): 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
I laugh in swahilli
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by chicalle(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Definately you are not reading your bible and it seem you are the one silly here. Here are some verses supporting drinking of wines (strong alcohol) in the bible.

God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine.

Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

How great is his goodness ... corn shall make the young men cheerful, and new wine for the maids.

....and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.

^^^^here is an instruction from God saying you can use your money to buy wine and stron drink. Shebi it your money?

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

lol
,hey hey,u jst quotd sme verses witout undastandng d intent of d verses o.even wen paul tld timothy 2 tak alitle wine coz of hs health,dis shows u dat timothy had a health problem,did paul say so 2 titus or mark?
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
we should learn to be mandelic in our character, utterances, action and appearances at all time Q.E.D
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by lomprico(m): 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol
Guy! Drink 2 bottles for my head, no mind chicalli joor! D guy is a slowpez rodriguez!
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by wordcat(m): 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Is this not Stupidity, Crazydity and mufordity of the highest order?
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Atk1nson(m): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
If he truly want to fight darkness, fight corruption and corrupt politicians and many other poverty-driven crimes will reduce. Many people will rather drink themselves to stupor than confront the harsh economic relities in their homes
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by rodeo0070(m): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
“ You can't be a real country
unless you have a beer and an
airline - it helps if you have some
kind of football team, or some
nuclear weapons, but in the very
least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa.

“Whenever the devil harasses you, seek the company of men or drink more, or joke and talk nonsense, or do some other merry thing. Sometimes we must drink more, sport, recreate ourselves, and even sin a little to spite the devil, so that we leave him no place for troubling our consciences with trifles. We are conquered if we try too conscientiously not to sin at all.
So when the devil says to you: do
not drink, answer him: I will drink, and right freely, just because you tell me not to.
-Martin Luther

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by okooloyun1(m): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
They are on a long thing
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by pastorprosper(m): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: The Pastor Oseni must have been drunk when he made that statement. He should first repent from the tithe fraud perpetuated in his church before he thinks of ridding Lagos of criminals.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by pastorprosper(m): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
Its d Tithe money that would be used to rid d area of beer touting scoundrels like u.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Taiwo20(m): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
This group of people need help asin they have problem
Me I know
You know
Their Leader know
Them papa know
The street know
Everybody know
They themselves know

That they have serious problem and they need help
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by rodeo0070(m): 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
pastor prosper :
Its d Tithe money that would be used to rid d area of beer touting scoundrels like u.
And what gives you the impression that he's a "touting scoundrel?" See, there are more pressing matters MFM and other religious groups/bodies need to be concerned about and certainly, Beer is not one of them...

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by jnoz23(m): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
E BE LIKE SAY DEM NEVA BREAK BOTTLE 4 D PASTOR HEAD B4!
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by nokingasgod: 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
MAYOWAAK:
“We want to close down beer parlours in Ogba environment. We want to convert beer parlours into our praying centres,” said Pastor Aderemi Oseni, the Regional Overseer of MFM Region 32 Ogba, Lagos, who addressed journalists in his church.

“At the end of this crusade, the kingdom of Satan would have been completely depopulated,”
•Text courtesy PM NEWS. Photo shows a beer parlour.

Source News Express

Posted 09/12/2013 5:57:37 PM

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=3719

...if at the end of the crusade beer parlours in Ogba continue to thrive and boom and the ''kingdom of Satan'' was not completely depopulated then we should take it that you are not a ''Man of God'' or that your god does not answer prayers!
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by phurlabby(m): 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: The Pastor Oseni must have been drunk when he made that statement. He should first repent from the tithe fraud perpetuated in his church before he thinks of ridding Lagos of criminals.

Firstly for someone who refers to himself as "Pastor", do you not think you are judging this man?

Secondly, the issue of tithes to the best of my knowledge is a personal decision, nobody puts a bullet in your head for not paying. Therefore, I find your rants rather amusing because Pastors and teachers have for years preached holiness and repentance but still that has not stopped the congregation from fornicating or whatever "catches" their fancy.

Also, you would like to know that Jesus did not condemn tithes altogether (at least to my understanding) in Matthew 23:23 which says “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

While I do not drink or support drinking, I also do not support the proposed closing down of beer parlours as it is a means of livelihood to some. God has given us freewill to choose between what is right and not, taking away what is wrong will not necessarily make people do right.

Finally, Beer is not what leads to hell (it is what we do when drunk that can), neither do beer parlours. The pastor should focus on making people people see reason why they should not drink as that is a better alternative.

God be with us all
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by AmINotHuman(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
Alcohol destroys families, often leads to date rape, causes illnesses and kills the innocent (drunk driving).
So why the hell not?

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Ishilove: 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Why do you enjoy saying nonsense, mr pastor?

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by NaLaugh: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
haha! cheesy before that happens, all the MFM in Lagos would have been shut down
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by DisGuy: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
I support!!

there are too many beer parlours!!
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by funnyx(m): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
247cheapgadgets: [b]JESUS TURNED WATER INTO NON-ALCOHOLIC WINE OOO[/b]You people should not commit sin o...

247cheapgadgets
Wholesalers of powerbanks pin:2256D856

Dude, there is nothing called non alcoholic wine it simply doesn't exists grin if it's a wine then it contains alcohol.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by 5thNOTE: 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Islamic sharia system in Kano says no to alcohol and the enforcers destroyed thousands of bottles of beer a few weeks ago in Kano.

Mountain of Fire Ministries, a Christian denomination is embarking on a crusade and are pushing for closing down of beer parlors and replacing them with prayer houses in Lagos.

Spot the difference, if any.

In reality, there is very little difference between these 2 competing, imported and foreign religions from the Middle East and the reason is very simple - they are from the same people with the same history, culture, tradition, way of life, politics and even religion but for minor differences that have to do with the persons the religions were formed after.

So, when will these Africans that have elevated these foreign religions over and above the African traditional religions understand the fact that they are following religions started by brothers in the Middle East and stop engaging in religious supremacy and superiority battles because they are one and the same?

Africans that fight one another based on two different religions from the same people are basically suffering from inferiority complex, ignorance and slave mentality!
there is great Difference. This one obeys human right, by nt collecting bottle frm ur hand and breaking it- that is he uses conviction and nt coercion or constriction as in Islam. Conviction of ur sins through ur conscience. If ppl are drinking that same day, they wont attack such ppl. Thats why christianity is D best religion. They are showing solidarity against drinking and other things, which is allowed by D law. But D Idea of smbdy breaking bottle of beer owned by smbdy is a no no! And nobody will beat u up whn he sees u drinking, but a moslem can call ppl on u 4 drinking. I remeber whn my friend ate outside one Islam fasting period, a man almost stab them 4 eating outside, they got angry and told D man they never new eating outside is nt allowed. Can u imagine a stupid religion!
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Mintayo(m): 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
It is so unfortunate that so many ppl miss the message in the Op,really sad.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Syma: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
Take about mission impossible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Ridiculous Ways Christmas Is Celebrated By Some Nigerians / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? / Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.