Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,739 members, 7,837,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! (26716 Views)

Joseph Ayodele Babalola Ministering At An Open Air Crusade In 1939 / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / Churches Have Turned To Beer Parlours & Their Pastors Preach Heresy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Adeola894(m): 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
All of una wey una dey
curse the man, I'm smh 4 u. If na Pastor Adeboye talk A̶̲̥̅♏‎​ una fit curse A̶̲̥̅♏‎​ lyk dis?
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by otumalagicruz(m): 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
its evangelism n nt destroying of beer parlor, its like directly giving d word of God 2 dos who nid it most 2 stop d habit of drinking 2 get drunk pls..... stop d insult on God's children dey re d apple of his eyesss.

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by rabzy: 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
This story is so so fake. Its just someones imagination. Talking about beer, then ladies wearlng trousers and jumping to bomb detectors. Who wud talk like that
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
Mintayo:
Sometimes i doubt if you are a Spirit-filled christain. But with this ur post above,you have nothing Christlike in you.
Even if the man was guilty of what u wrote above,a christlike individual will not spill out what you just spilled above...smh.
Btw,have u attended any mfmf church before? Have you heard mfm church hammer on tithe as others have been doing?
I hope for you own good ur answer shld be yes...smh!

Guy yor pontificating does not make you spirit-filled either. If truth be told, d pst oseni is on his own,....he is clearly over-stepping his bounds
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
Mintayo:
Sometimes i doubt if you are a Spirit-filled christain. But with this ur post above,you have nothing Christlike in you.
Even if the man was guilty of what u wrote above,a christlike individual will not spill out what you just spilled above...smh.
Btw,have u attended any mfmf church before? Have you heard mfm church hammer on tithe as others have been doing?

Read my lips. Pastor Oseni and other Pastors who receive tithes are petty thieves. In as much as they receive it, whether they hammer on it or not, they are fraudsters.

2 Likes

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
MFM Dont think it oh Cos even God self fit vex oh.....
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
blink182: oh please get a life, Christianity is not stereotypical like Islam. If you want to worship Ogun, go and do so. Life after death will tell which religion is right.

Meanwhile, in other news I will rather practise the religion with a living God and not some religion that tries to give life to objects of art and craftsmanship.

How did you know that there's life after death?

Please no ranting, quarrels or long talks. Just give me a realistic explanation of life after death.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by eminikansoso(m): 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Islamic sharia system in Kano says no to alcohol and the enforcers destroyed thousands of bottles of beer a few weeks ago in Kano.

Mountain of Fire Ministries, a Christian denomination is embarking on a crusade and are pushing for closing down of beer parlors and replacing them with prayer houses in Lagos.

Spot the difference, if any.

In reality, there is very little difference between these 2 competing, imported and foreign religions from the Middle East and the reason is very simple - they are from the same people with the same history, culture, tradition, way of life, politics and even religion but for minor differences that have to do with the persons the religions were formed after.

So, when will these Africans that have elevated these foreign religions over and above the African traditional religions understand the fact that they are following religions started by brothers in the Middle East and stop engaging in religious supremacy and superiority battles because they are one and the same?

Africans that fight one another based on two different religions from the same people are basically suffering from inferiority complex, ignorance and slave mentality!

Gbam
osoju abeniko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
segzi cres:
what is this one saying? Everytime the bible says wine, its referring to alcohol vso stop deceiving your self

Christians stop living in self-denial. Wine in the bible means alcohol.

* Gen. 9:21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

* Gen. 19:32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

* John 2:1-11 Jesus Changes Water Into Wine

* Prov. 3:10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

* Prov. 21:17 He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich.

* Is. 24:9 They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.

...Just to list a few...
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by eminikansoso(m): 10:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
A friend of mine asked me that do I know the most consumed drink
I reply and said water and he laugh asked how many litres of water can I consume at a seat? Then I asked him the answer he reply and said BEER grin grin
But from nowhere a boy said TEA.
Pls NLs tell me the answer
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by igwechosen(m): 10:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
eddyvilla: What kind of rubbish are we evening hearing in our dear country. The bible never condemned alcohol use oooo. Which kind fake pastors and prophets dey won spoil our country for us so. I wonder when we will start practising religion without affecting the belief system of others. I can sue that church for even saying something like this publicly.
prov 35:1; Isa 5:11...
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
I believe with GOD everything will be possible in JESUS name
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Rossikk(m): 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
Let them try it and see if we don't start burning down all those useless churches.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by alphawg(m): 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Will closing down beer parlours make every beer drinker in the area repent?
Certainly not d best alternative.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by mosedgreat(m): 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
What is the gain in drinking beer? Just allow two boko boys to visit 2 beer parlours in the area and see if the rest will not close down.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by naijafury: 11:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
jnoz23: E BE LIKE SAY DEM NEVA BREAK BOTTLE 4 D PASTOR HEAD B4!
May be he never see where dey break bottle for pesin head
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Islamic sharia system in Kano says no to alcohol and the enforcers destroyed thousands of bottles of beer a few weeks ago in Kano.

Mountain of Fire Ministries, a Christian denomination is embarking on a crusade and are pushing for closing down of beer parlors and replacing them with prayer houses in Lagos.

Spot the difference, if any.

In reality, there is very little difference between these 2 competing, imported and foreign religions from the Middle East and the reason is very simple - they are from the same people with the same history, culture, tradition, way of life, politics and even religion but for minor differences that have to do with the persons the religions were formed after.

So, when will these Africans that have elevated these foreign religions over and above the African traditional religions understand the fact that they are following religions started by brothers in the Middle East and stop engaging in religious supremacy and superiority battles because they are one and the same?

Africans that fight one another based on two different religions from the same people are basically suffering from inferiority complex, ignorance and slave mentality!

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Korrection(m): 12:00am On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=ikp4succes][/quote]becareful guy...this is blasphemy
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 11, 2013
Mintayo:

Mr sharap jare, religion is part of the reasons why Africa is so backward. Dull minded people, why don't you pray God brings food to ur house every morning.

The tithe part is no argument, the pastor kun was right.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Mintayo(m): 12:11am On Dec 11, 2013
Promhize:

Mr sharap jare, religion is part of the reasons why Africa is so backward. Dull minded people, why don't you pray God brings food to ur house every morning.

The tithe part is no argument, the pastor kun was right.
And what wld you say about the abusing part?

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by sptbest: 12:24am On Dec 11, 2013
Revealed: S*x Between Female Students and Teachers In Nigerian Universities (Photo)http://myboomba.com/trueorfalse/revealed-sx-between-female-students-and-teachers-in-nigerian-universities-photo
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by niyitogun(m): 12:53am On Dec 11, 2013
eddyvilla: What kind of rubbish are we evening hearing in our dear country. The bible never condemned alcohol use oooo. Which kind fake pastors and prophets dey won spoil our country for us so. I wonder when we will start practising religion without affecting the belief system of others. I can sue that church for even saying something like this publicly.

Lol. I can see you love your chilled bottles. I feel people don't even talk about the advantages of beer parlours enough. Honestly without them a lot of people would be tense because it helps you one cool off. I would love to see a thread on benefits of beer parlours and see what folks come up with
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by ayooluniran(m): 1:06am On Dec 11, 2013
I'm really sad right now because people don't understand what christianity is all about.....first, the pastor didn't mean physical confrontation, he meant evangelizing to and praying for people that drink in dat area.....this is for non-christians to know. The Second thing I'd like to say is to christians only, because non-christians cannot understand..... of a truth I personally can't point out a place in d bible where humans are clearly not asked to drink wine...however, the bible says there must be a distinction between a christian and people of d world....how would you feel if u heard pastor adeboye drinking....anything you do as a christian that makes people doubt if u are truly a child of God should be done away with. The word Christian means 'like christ'. Christ never drank wine, infact all nazarenes and prophets in d bible didn't drink wine. Paul permitted timothy to drink just a little wine because of d ulcer he had.

My third point is on tithes...the only people I'm addressing here on tithes are christians...non christians would not understand why we pay tithes...according to malachi chapter 3, God ordained tithes (1/10 of every profit we make or salary)so that he would protect the remaining 9/10 and ensure we enjoy it and don't spend it on sickness and disasters, another reason is that there may be food in his house (the church), for pastors (who are not meant to work), widows, the needy and to further the Gospel. So when u are paying your tithe, see it as paying it to God not the pastor....the bible clearly says God said we should leave him to judge his servants/pastors and dat we should not judge them ourselves.....most importantly you've obeyed God....and believe me it hs always worked for me....actually I've been paying 25% instead of 10% since 2007 and God has increased me greatly....in d last 10yrs I only remember falling sick once, my first car was brand new and it was a gift, I've been married for 2yrs and I have a happy family......I'm just 27years old and from a family which in some years back had to ransack d house for coins to buy 1 or 2cups of rice....no meat oh! We had to pick snails in d environment to cook as meat.

So my dear friends, the choice is yours .....the eyes of the lord run to and fro throughout the earth to show himself strong on d behalf of those whose heart are perfect towards him. Love you all...*kisses*

4 Likes

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by niyitogun(m): 1:10am On Dec 11, 2013
basty: Devil has destroyed young minds in Nigeria. I wonder why.

May I ask why you said this? And also may I ask if you feel the old minds in Nigeria are better relative to the younger ones?. These are innocent questions, just want to hear your views.
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by qhiwegh(m): 2:46am On Dec 11, 2013
Read your Bibles. Alcohol is not against the Christian religion. Jesus turned water into wine and served it to the masses. Wine was described countless times in both the Old and New Testaments as the beverage of choice in celebrations.

Those who are banning alchohol are diverging from the word of God.

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by onibudojuba: 4:01am On Dec 11, 2013
Does Churches have any constitutional power or Influeces to close down legitimate establishments in Nigeria?
Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by obyrich(m): 5:52am On Dec 11, 2013
ayooluniran: I'm really sad right now because people don't understand what christianity is all about.....first, the pastor didn't mean physical confrontation, he meant evangelizing to and praying for people that drink in dat area.....this is for non-christians to know. The Second thing I'd like to say is to christians only, because non-christians cannot understand..... of a truth I personally can't point out a place in d bible where humans are clearly not asked to drink wine...however, the bible says there must be a distinction between a christian and people of d world....how would you feel if u heard pastor adeboye drinking....anything you do as a christian that makes people doubt if u are truly a child of God should be done away with. The word Christian means 'like christ'. Christ never drank wine, infact all nazarenes and prophets in d bible didn't drink wine. Paul permitted timothy to drink just a little wine because of d ulcer he had.

My third point is on tithes...the only people I'm addressing here on tithes are christians...non christians would not understand why we pay tithes...according to malachi chapter 3, God ordained tithes (1/10 of every profit we make or salary)so that he would protect the remaining 9/10 and ensure we enjoy it and don't spend it on sickness and disasters, another reason is that there may be food in his house (the church), for pastors (who are not meant to work), widows, the needy and to further the Gospel. So when u are paying your tithe, see it as paying it to God not the pastor....the bible clearly says God said we should leave him to judge his servants/pastors and dat we should not judge them ourselves.....most importantly you've obeyed God....and believe me it hs always worked for me....actually I've been paying 25% instead of 10% since 2007 and God has increased me greatly....in d last 10yrs I only remember falling sick once, my first car was brand new and it was a gift, I've been married for 2yrs and I have a happy family......I'm just 27years old and from a family which in some years back had to ransack d house for coins to buy 1 or 2cups of rice....no meat oh! We had to pick snails in d environment to cook as meat.

So my dear friends, the choice is yours .....the eyes of the lord run to and fro throughout the earth to show himself strong on d behalf of those whose heart are perfect towards him. Love you all...*kisses*
It's either you are a pastor or a liar. I know uncountable people who rose from grass to grace without paying tithes. Tithe is never a condition for God to bless people. The Malachi passage you and your ilks quote does not refer to christians. Christ was a high priest in the order of Melchizedek yet he did not collect tithe from anybody. Then why do you christians who claim to follow christ's footsteps deem it fit to collect what your master did not take? Remember Gehazi, Naaman and Elisha. Stay away from deceit.

3 Likes

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by birdman(m): 6:52am On Dec 11, 2013
ayooluniran: how would you feel if u heard pastor adeboye drinking

I would shout hallelujah that common sense is starting to become common

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by kentosman(m): 7:52am On Dec 11, 2013
To stop us from taking hypertensive drug? No way!

STARMYCIN syrup will always be preferred when you are down

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Sheenor: 7:54am On Dec 11, 2013
Pastor Kun: The Pastor Oseni must have been drunk when he made that statement. He should first repent from the tithe fraud perpetuated in his church before he thinks of ridding Lagos of criminals.
well said....

1 Like

Re: MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! by Mintayo(m): 8:01am On Dec 11, 2013
ayooluniran: I'm really sad right now because people don't understand what christianity is all about.....first, the pastor didn't mean physical confrontation, he meant evangelizing to and praying for people that drink in dat area.....this is for non-christians to know. The Second thing I'd like to say is to christians only, because non-christians cannot understand..... of a truth I personally can't point out a place in d bible where humans are clearly not asked to drink wine...however, the bible says there must be a distinction between a christian and people of d world....how would you feel if u heard pastor adeboye drinking....anything you do as a christian that makes people doubt if u are truly a child of God should be done away with. The word Christian means 'like christ'. Christ never drank wine, infact all nazarenes and prophets in d bible didn't drink wine. Paul permitted timothy to drink just a little wine because of d ulcer he had.

You have said it all,God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope / My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today / Police Detain House On The Rock's Pastor Uche Aigbe For Preaching With AK-47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.