Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! (21001 Views)

Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich / Instantgold.ng Please Pay Me My Money / Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Fadelex(m): 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
I placed an order on jumia but decided to pay on delivery...after several calls for almost 2 weeks I decided to hit market and get d phone... just 2 days ago they called me my package is ready. d best tin is to pay on delivery. but call their customer care line to lodge complain again
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
If you are buying from jumia, pay on delivery.

My sister's fiance has dashed them over 20k which they refused to refund angry

If what you are buying is over 100k then pay online, they won't dare to try all these nonsense with such amount.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by anselm791(m): 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
If an ATM machine can steal my money, why not fred? Lol.
I'm sure its just one of those computer glitches, just let them know you're not letting go like me, they finally paid me the 2000 naira yesterday after 3 weeks.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Why didn't you use pay on delivery method? ? Why would you pay before seeing your goods? Goodluck to you bro, don't really know what to say..
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bros.. Use the Online Shops to know the price range of what you are looking to buy and go offline to get them. Online shopping in this country is a heavy risk. People are shouting pay on delivery, it is not all about the money. What if you really need to use the product you ordered and they cancel it without notice? Is it not very annoying and a waste of time?

1 Like

Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
And I was just about to purchase a HTC One & Ipad Air from Jumia o!! shocked shocked

Please, do they have a home office that a customer can walk into?!

I no be the kind customer wey Jumia or Konga go like carry play... One hand, we all go dey court.. Make I first read the terms & conditions of the transaction to see wetin dem write there..
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
Getting credit back online is difficult.Might need some bank account details to fix this, first and foremost, contact Jumia's head office.

1. Request to speak to a Senior Manager not a Security Officer.
2. Discuss your claims calmly.
3. Seek an undertaking on when the refund would be made after providing documentation and all supporting print-outs.
4. Then wait for them...
6. If they fail to revert in a timely fashion, get a Lawyer and all charges shall be borne on them.
7. If you get your refund and the same product is offered to you in discount, try and get it.
8. You can still be there repeat customer in the future.

1 Like

Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by andyanders: 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
pato405: Naija isn't ripe for any online transaction of any sort. whosoever decides to venture into such deals, does so at his/her own risk. kiss your money gudbye. just keep remonstrating, you might get it refunded in the end, but it's surely going to be a tough one.

Thank you my brother. I have said it before that 99% of online transactions in Nigeria are fraud. How come that you pay such money without knowing their physical address?
Look for their office and take legal action against them whether they pay you back or not, take legal action against them and
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
andyanders:

Thank you my brother. I have said it before that 99% of online transactions in Nigeria are fraud. How come that you pay such money without knowing their physical address?
Look for their office and take legal action against them whether they pay you back or not, take legal action against them and

You are living in the stone age. All business are bound to have issues, I have used Jumia before and I still plan on doing so.

"Nigeria isn't ripe for this, nigeria isn't ripe for that" - stupid mentality

2 Likes

Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
was the op pre-informed of this problem?

just wondering how he knew to snap all the transaction windows, guess i have learnt something today
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Sheenor: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jumia..... eh jooor oh!...
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by andyanders: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
pato405: Naija isn't ripe for any online transaction of any sort. whosoever decides to venture into such deals, does so at his/her own risk. kiss your money gudbye. just keep remonstrating, you might get it refunded in the end, but it's surely going to be a tough one.

Look for their office and take legal action against them whether they pay you back or not, take legal action against them and also, make sure you stop risking your life by buying anything online in Nigeria. I wouldn't know what it will take you to walk to the store and get what you want. Also using your card, note that from their data base online, they can get the information of your card and clear the money in your account. For now, I did not collect any ATM on any of my account I have good money as I leave an instruction that I do not need the card.

I have an account I use an ATM card and the account is below 200k at any given time.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by akereconfi: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
fvcked up
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by dvdami(m): 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sorry about that.

As for me, I have used kaymu.com.ng before.

Always choose pay on delivery option.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2013

Oga sharap jare, "Nigeria isn't ripe for this, Nigeria isn't ripe for that" - poor, lazy man mentality. You should say Nigeria is not ripe for Airlines too, mtchew.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by hersweetness(f): 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jumia are a bunch of i.m.b.e.c,i.le.s, God will punish them and they will fold!!! Do not patronize them!! Tot i was evn d only 1 sef
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Alikaxon(m): 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
Peeps, open this thread and say ur opinion. Frontpage worthy. @ www.nairaland.com/1551682/excluding-lagos-abuja-list-3
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by bizfirst: 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
While online transactions are the future of business in Nigeria, I do not take any Nigerian online merchant serious.

I particularly doubt the credibility of companies that are over advertised. Great chances are that efforts are spent on adverts as against customer satisfaction.

Button line? This game is still new in Naija! Please, play safe!!
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Vincent41(m): 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
flybiz08: Hello Nairalanders,
On the 2nd of December 2013, I ordered for one piece of Samsung Active Tab 3 from . I immediately got a confirmation mail both from Jumia.com.mg and from GlobalPay that the transaction was successful. It was then time to wait and according to their delivery terms and conditions, I was to get my product in 2 - 8 days. Delivery was meant to be in Enugu.
I did not hear from after the order number was verified. I started getting worried that no one had contacted me and on the 5th of December 2013, I decided to call on 01-46 04 400. To the biggest surprise of my life, my order had been cancelled the previous day being 4th December 2013. No notification was given and it was at this point that I began to question their credibility. I was told on the 5th when I made my first call that I would get my money in 2-3 business days and up till this moment being 10th of December 2013, I have not received anything from them. I have called over 5 times and even on one occasion, the support representative kept me on hold without getting back.
I humbly ask to refund my money. One of the representative whom I spoke with today being the 10th of December 2013 told me that my money has been sent since 4th December 2013 whereas other representatives especially Fred, that I have spoken to before now told me to be patient till my money is refunded to my account. I have been to my bank and I can confirm that I have not received any money. I have also not received any alert to that effect.
, please refund my money. I do not wish to escalate this beyond our dear forum. I am begging you. I do not regard you as a scam organization and in that vain, live up to your reputation by refunding my money.
Thank you.

so far Nigeria is concerned i will never Make any transaction online...what a stupid country
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by andyanders: 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Promhize:

Oga sharap jare, "Nigeria isn't ripe for this, Nigeria isn't ripe for that" - poor, lazy man mentality. You should say Nigeria is not ripe for Airlines too, mtchew.

Maybe you are one of them running the scam. Why not help the op recover his money if you online guys are not fraud? I have a friend whom I advised against picking an ATM card but later my fear came true when his account was cleared and he lost his money.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Lilimax(f): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
Okija_juju: And I was just about to purchase a HTC One & Ipad Air from Jumia o!! shocked shocked

Please, do they have a home office that a customer can walk into?!

I no be the kind customer wey Jumia or Konga go like carry play... One hand, we all go dey court.. Make I first read the terms & conditions of the transaction to see wetin dem write there..

Just be very careful with them.
Every product I buy on-oline in Naija I pay after delivery.

I bought a Samsung Phone lastweek from a dealer whose contact I got from Nairaland(Smartbuy.com);
I paid them on delivering the product in my office.

A win-win situation smiley.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by realugee: 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jumia is not scam... I have used them a couple of times, although they are not too reliable...

I think they should only come in handy when the product you want to buy is extremely cheaper... grin
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Pergrace: 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
Pls,its good to choose "payment on delivery".. I did placed some orders from both Jumia & Konga for 11 days now.I am yet to receive them. cry cry cry
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by modele2: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
I think some people are too harsh. Every new business has teething problems. I once used circuit atlantic, its an online shopping system here in Nigeria, but they do buy in US, ship toNigeria system.
One of my orders was cancelled becos the price changed overnight and i refused to pay the increase. They refunded my money within 2 days of my issuing them my prefered account number and they even prorated the shipping cost which i thought they would chop as other items within the same order were delivered. I was impressed sha.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
andyanders:

Maybe you are one of them running the scam. Why not help the op recover his money if you online guys are not fraud? I have a friend whom I advised against picking an ATM card but later my fear came true when his account was cleared and he lost his money.

What is wrong with this one, don't use ATM! What's my business. Mtchew, primitive ignoramus.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by ifyalways(f): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nigerians sha! Use PAY ON DELIVERY option! Dem wey put am for dem site no dey mad. We always complicate things for ourselves then turn back to scream wolf.

How hard can it be? You bring my goods?I check and pay- easy.

Anyways Jumia office is 15 wole olateju street , lekki phase 1. Next week another person will still start another thread.

1 Like

Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by gidzbobby: 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
When ma leg-wagon still dey function ? Stroll into any store, pick-up wah I want and zoom off... People just like to risk thing xha.. Besides, jumai should be careful, cus if N.A.S(national association of scammers) gets to know their formats, that's the end of it.. Plenty people will fall mugu. #just-saying
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
[mod] I hijacked this thread and got banned. sad sad sad
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
The only safe online transactions are through ebay.

source: Im a regular buyer.
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
The only safe online transactions are through ebay.

source: Im a regular buyer.

You pay on ebay from Nigeria? When did dat one start
Re: A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! by Ajiswaggs(m): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
[mod] I hijacked this thread and got banned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How FG Will Tax Profits Made By Global Tech/Digital Giants In Nigeria — Osinbajo / How To Invest In Quarry Business In Nigeria / Funny Things People Do In The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.