Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,718 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? - Computers (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? (114170 Views)

Does It Really Matter If You Pull A USB Out Before It Safely Ejects? / Hotspot Shield - Will It Really Conceal Your Ip / Starcomms Modem Exchange Program.does It Really Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by puskin: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2010
Wait oh!!!! . . . . . so U were even among the ppl I sent dat IDM to.

See me c problem ohhh!!!!!
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by webgenius(m): 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2010
Which problem? Abeg your guy dey wait ooooooo!!!!!!
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by puskin: 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
If U nid am sharp sharp. . . . . .beta go to Maritime House and talk to emptyhen to bring their network back to normal.

Dat ur cafe wey dey Festac. . . . .no make I come bombard dat place wit downloads ohhh!!!!!!!

grin
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by webgenius(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2010
@Puskin: I go call Victor Odili and tell him about your travails OKbut I find it difficult to believe that the great Puskin is limited to one network.I expect that you would be on two or three (possible for about 8G/Month).Anyhow,I no get cafe for festac, only SO.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by flyuche(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2010
starcomms is on MainOne. Any improvement guys? cheesy
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2010
What is going on here peepz??, Itz been long,

WAG1?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by bigsam2010: 8:14am On Nov 29, 2010
I have a Starcomms Izap device for sale. Its going for 12k, we can still negotiate if necessary. contact me on 08037621116.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 10:40am On Dec 20, 2010
average of 1.6GB every nite. . . . hmmmm not bad wink
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by flyuche(m): 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2010
lynxnoon:

average of 1.6GB every nite. . . . hmmmm not bad wink

how're you doing lynx. what's the average download speed with starcomms these days?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2010
flyuche:

how're you doing lynx. what's the average download speed with starcomms these days?
hey bro longest time; compliments of the season my guy. smiley
well i usually do nite plan and d max i do is about 50KB/s. . . .sometimes 60KB/s
i just queue up my torrents and go to sleep and by morning i'd done about 1.3-1.6GB(. . . . i.e if nepa behaves oh. . . lol)
like on my last suscription, i did about 32GB
i think d main thing is gettting a good EVDO signal
cheers
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by flyuche(m): 1:15pm On Dec 20, 2010
@ lynx. compliments. i had expected that since they hooked up on MAIN ONE submarine cable, speed would have bumped up to 200kB/s
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2010
this happen on december 14

i was getting 200-300kbps for some 45 minutes around 5 pm or thereabouts  shocked shocked shocked shocked

starcomms zte modem

i have not been able to replicate this  angry angry angry

i once sourced for a modem booster/antenna , but eventually didn't buy. any ideas as to whether this can provide improvements?

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by webgenius(m): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2010
how is the android as at today?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by webgenius(m): 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2011
hi all,has anyone tried the MainOne service during thi trial run at Lekki? Wonder if they have anything for home users like us in the pipeline?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by webgenius(m): 11:35pm On Jan 17, 2011
hi,what is the next step for MainOne?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by samir101ng(m): 2:33am On Jan 18, 2011
E ya cry cry

Poor Starcomms and Multilinks !!!

But sha ! They have nobody to blame but themselves. Starcomms was among the pioneers that made mobile internet access mainstream. Suddenly, you didn't have to go to a cafe and do overnight browsing to download those movies, series or games you loved. After all the money and monopoly they enjoyed, they have now faded into oblivion. This is evidenced by how this thread has been neglected and members moved to the screen shot thread dominated by MTN network. CDMA internet providers like Starcomms, Multilinks, Visafone and Zoom are all experiencing poor sales and revenue from their modems and internet subscribers. The lack of competitive pricing and slower speeds than their GSM counterparts has made them a laughing stock. I remember vividly when i used to go to Starcomms office at Wuse II in Abuja. Customers where queuing up like crazy all to renew their subscriptions or buy new modems. They even had a teller from Zenith bank to receive your money because of the large quantities of cash they where dealing with on a daily basis.

Now, the place is like a ghost town. You hardly meet more than 5-8 customers. The customer care reps that where arrogant and attended to you like a privilege now usher you in and welcome you like kings and queens. Even the security man greets you properly. Chei ! Starcomms. How the mighty have fallen ! What did they do with all the profits they made when the going was good ? Why are they still maintaining such high prices for their internet services i.e 1month or 250hrs - N15000 (Unlimited) ? Is GSM (HSDPA) technology better than CDMA (EVDO Rev. B) ? Why have they not expanded into new states or upgraded their services in existing ones ?

Please, somebody should tell Starcomms to wake up and get their house in order !
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by aieromon(m): 4:35am On Jan 18, 2011
@lynxnoon
Any improvements,speed-wise?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 11:09am On Jan 18, 2011
@airomon
i lst my modem (IMAGIN!! Sierra 857E Expresscard sad cry cry) along with other stufs last month, so i can't really say how the speed is for now undecided
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by Ladealm: 11:56pm On Mar 14, 2011
Pls starcomms Genie users let me know what your maximum download speed is. Mine is btw 45- 51kbps while using the EVDO at nite. Is dis the maximum starcomms can provide? Its annoying. Reply pls.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by davidand: 2:23pm On May 04, 2011
Hello My people 9ice comments you have comment but what can we do to it.
Someone is talking about IPNX for me i can't use it, and how can someone find out the download speed and the best ISP to use.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by andypash(m): 6:10pm On May 04, 2011
If u really love to coplain try any mtn internet service u will complain tire i‘ve not seen any comunication like mtn the are useless nothing good to talk about mtn
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by Untentable: 8:22pm On May 04, 2011
Starcomms is misbehavin since yesterday evdo switches to 1x intermitently. And the speed is very slow. Sometimes it loses signal. Very unlike starcomms. Anybody with similar experiences.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 10:27am On May 05, 2011
am on d day plan (9am-9pm) and it was acting funny yesterday mornin but just for abt an hr b4 it stabilzed to EVDO and all tru today its been on EVDO wink

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by twinskenny(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2011
puskin:

U now see wat your loose tongue and[b] false accusation [/b]is costing me.

@aieromon. . . . . . U should knw me beta than dis. I can't become the Prince of PH dis way nah!!!! cheesy cheesy

at puskin am asking nicely can u inbox me twinskenny@gmail.com
God bless you sir (and nicely too) grin grin
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by EEVICTOREE(m): 3:02am On May 26, 2011
lynxnoon:

am on d day plan (9am-9pm) and it was acting funny yesterday mornin but just for abt an hr b4 it stabilzed to EVDO and all tru today its been on EVDO wink

@lyn Abeg wetin b the internet co.de of xcoms 9-9 and wat number am i going to send it to? And hw much is it?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by bigfat01: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2011
hallo just to keep this trend aliive
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by aieromon(m): 5:09am On Jul 17, 2011
I used my Starcomms modem about three months ago and the highest speed I got was 60kbs.
So embarassing angry
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by Mobinga: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2011
IWP still works.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by puskin: 12:00am On Jul 18, 2011
twinskenny:

at puskin am asking nicely can u inbox me twinskenny@gmail.com
God bless you sir (and nicely too) grin grin

Really. . . .its been long I stepped into dis NL. Imagine when I dey see dis thing.
So wetin be ur request sef??

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply)

How To Change IP To Any Country IP Without Using Software / modify12Am 16/07/10 free Us Proxy And Other,first Come First Serve.go Get Yours / Strictly Internet Speed Screen Shots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.