Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service (12484 Views)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / Google Translate Adds Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa To It's Languages / Google Adds Igbo, Yoruba And Hausa To Its Google Translate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Rummenigge(m): 10:25am On Dec 12, 2013
If there's one language I would like to learn it's Spanish. I love the Italian language too.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 12, 2013
Lol...

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by destino24(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2013
Kedu ka imere --- when the show
grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by sexymoma(f): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2013
Horladortune: lol... Shaking my head
Make ya head nor go fall o angry you know i lofe you wink

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Harmvirus(f): 10:32am On Dec 12, 2013
Just noticed that there is no audio translation for igbo,Hausa and Yoruba. They no sabi speak am or what? They should employ Nigerians na

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by vanguard1(m): 10:52am On Dec 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: ^ Same thing with some Latin words. I discovered that some Latin words like Ogolombia, dejavu et al, couldn't be translated in English words. It should just be made known that every languages doesn't come from the same family and structure, and is better understood by the speakers than trying too hard to get a literal translation in English.
Ogolombia and de j'avu aint latin words buddy
I suppose you meant colombus-colombia meaning dove-to/for dove instead of ogolombia.
Mind you, I am a L.dp holder.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nahum777(m): 10:54am On Dec 12, 2013
SLIDE waxie: why dnt u pretend to be wise a little?

Besides, what nonsense did u write as ur signature?

'Christams is not all abt wot under the tree but abt Jesus who died on the tree'

undecided how does that make sense to u? Even the grammatical error na bam!

i dnt knw wetin ur own Jesus wan pluck for tree wey make am die there o.

So, na tree ur own jesus die on, abi?

SMH!!!
But you do err, am not supporting the guy but i just wanna prove u wrong.

"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree." (Acts 5:30).

"And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:" (Acts 10:39).

"And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre." (Acts 13:29).

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." (1 Peter 2:24).
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by vanguard1(m): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2013
Long overdue
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 12, 2013
I have been using it since last month
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by emmanuel77(m): 11:15am On Dec 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: I couldn't help but laugh at this translations;

eko o ni baje - education have broken

o baje ti - You have broken

grin
LOL
grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Youngpo413: 11:28am On Dec 12, 2013
Nahum777: But you do err, am not supporting the guy but i just wanna prove u wrong.

"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree." (Acts 5:30).

"And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:" (Acts 10:39).

"And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre." (Acts 13:29).

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." (1 Peter 2:24).

OBADIAH

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by princesa(f): 11:39am On Dec 12, 2013
Good development.
Was wondering how i was gonna cope with the hausa language, seeing that I've decided to work with Hausa characters next.

Guess that is a thing of the pastsmiley
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 12, 2013

grin
I knew Yoruba would be the hardest
the language is to hard to understand
a word could have more than 100 meaning

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by landmass: 11:43am On Dec 12, 2013
ok. let me check it.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nahum777(m): 11:48am On Dec 12, 2013
Young po413:

OBADIAH
Obadiah what? Nah, i aint Obadiah.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nahum777(m): 11:50am On Dec 12, 2013
9jadelta: I knew Yoruba would be the hardest
Yoruba is too hard to understand? Didnt know Smh....
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Jerulo(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2013
Mbok when will Urhobo be available

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by StarFlux: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
9jadelta: I knew Yoruba would be the hardest
It isn't written correctly: ẹ̀kọ́ ò níí bàjẹ́ - now we're talking about education; èkó ò níí bàjẹ́ - now we're talking about Lagos.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Malakh: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
Young po413:

OBADIAH
e don run comot from obi to Nahum... Lol
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by adebayo201: 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2013

grin
lwkmd!
Rotflol!
gringrin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by yyb14: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2013

grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by POPEII: 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
sexymoma: Oya Google Translate this wan o......
Mora dodo lo'yo
Moje dodo lo'yo
Mofi dodo pa omo'nidodo ni'dodo.
angry

Xan zina
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by POPEII: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
Good good
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
But google also provide a means for you to correct the translation if you think it is not correct! I typed "mo lo si ile baba a mi" and it gives "I go to my father house a" when I removed the "a" it asked whether that translation is better than the previous one? and when I clicked yes it accepted the new one!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
wazoboy: But google also provide a means for you to correct the translation if you think it is not correct! I typed "mo lo si ile baba a mi" and it gives "I go to my father house a" when I removed the "a" it asked whether that translation is better than the previous one? and when I clicked yes it accepted the new one!
it will only be changed on your browser, not the whole world
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
GOOGLE RULES WHILE OTHER SEARCH ENGINES FOLLOW.....
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Emvin(m): 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
That's great. My asusu Igbo must not "go and die"
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by ceedan: 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
SLIDE waxie: chukwu is the general name understandable to all ethnics in the east!

Many others have their own translation but chukwu is general.

Just like 'olorun' in yoruba language. It is general. While olodumare, eleda etc are sectional!

...i guess...
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Geniusvic(m): 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
Really impressive.. Nigerian languages aren't gonna go extinct after all joorh.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
You can help google translate improve the quality of your language by going to this link

http://translate.google.com/question?hl=en&sl=yo&tl=en
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by slozie(f): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
good, i can now translate what does old yoruba women dy talk for my back
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by executinal(m): 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hope this is not inline with their prediction concerning Nigeria break up??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Blogging Sins That May Push You Into A Hell Of Failures - Mi Muba / Get A Stunning Website From Us And Receive Money In Naira, US Dollars And Pounds / Google Unveils Its Best Content Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.