Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? (12310 Views)

Make $100 Plus Weekly Online By Doing A Legal Easy Work / Beware..... Laughnigerian(facebook: Mixta Morgan) Is A SCAMMER! / Beware..... Umujagbe Wacomcy Mudiaga(profile Name: Wacomcy21) Is A SCAMMER! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by phemmylink(m): 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
Really dont know what to do.. seriously in need of bar.. I design websites.. a friend of mine has a client who is a scammer.. the client want us to do a e-commerce website, I have billed the client.. I have even collected 50% of the payment. But is it illegal.. am I in danger.. have got alot of questions. .. what do u guys fink.. I need the money.. any legal advice here.. will appreciate pls
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by sammieblaize: 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2015
Once he gets arrested and your name is mentioned what do you think will happen.. its bad mahn

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by INTROVERT(f): 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
Depends on your principles and the weight of the money on your conscience.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Dmayor7(m): 11:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
phemmylink:
Really dont know what to do.. seriously in need of bar.. I design websites.. a friend of mine has a client who is a scammer.. the client want us to do a e-commerce website, I have billed the client.. I have even collected 50% of the payment. But is it illegal.. am I in danger.. have got alot of questions. .. what do u guys fink.. I need the money.. any legal advice here.. will appreciate pls

Michael Jackson said it right....

Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire universe......

Listen...

By designing a site for him/her, you are aiding him/her into pepetrating his evil act the more with that website.

The internet is wide and later on, one of your one might fall into his trap through the website.

You really need the money i understand...

But their is something we called Good Principle.

Standing for good and shurning evil no matter what, no matter the amount of discomfort it will bring is Good Principle!

We all have concience.....

Yes, it speaks to us often, it is just that we always shut it off because it always tells us the bitter truth which we don't want to hear...

Search your soul deeply for the true voice and decide what to do next.

Like Joshua said to the Israelites....

Choose today whom you will serve, as for me and my family we will serve God

The power to choose is in your hands...

Remember....

Your decision today decides where you will be tommorow.

Hope i made some impact?...

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by mymadam(m): 11:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
IT IS BAD. It is tantamount to aiding & abetting a crime... pure & simple. Steer clear of such jobs.

14 Likes

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Craigston: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2015
If I were a lawyer, I'd be happy filing lawsuits against you and making your life terrible. The indictments would be fun to watch. If I worked with the CID, I'd gladly stalk you to insanity. Quit immediately. That's my suggestion.
Btw, I don't see how someone would scam me via an e-commerce site. Maybe by stealing debit card details?

7 Likes

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by LAfricana(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ogbeni, dont do it o... if he eventually gets bursted, u r init too undecided

There's nothing like doing the leggit

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Built2last: 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
have you heard of the word ACCOMPLICE

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by AAinEqGuinea: 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
is it a crime selling a gun to a guy legally who later commits murder with the gun you sold him?? ?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by anonimi: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
It may be legal.

However is it ETHICAL/moral

Moreover, the developer could be charged as an ACCOMPLICE when the scammer is arrested if he KNEW of his ILLEGAL business and did not REPORT to the authorities. embarassed

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Firefire(m): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
YES!

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Dongreat(m): 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
Is sleeping with n engaged in sexual activities with your family members, incest?

Absurd question

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by kamez(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
Yes. As long as u re fully aware of what he intends to use the website for, u re an accomplice to fraud.

But I ve this feeling deep inside of me that irrespective of the advice that nairalanders will give to u, your mind is already made up.

U go still build that site for that yahoo guy.

9 Likes

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Masudoyindamola: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
how much re we talking about

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Hybrid01: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by eipreel(f): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
op kindly give me your details i've got "job" for you grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
Sily questions on NL by kids. SMH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by joystickextendr: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
grin funny and silly @ the same time

Meanwhile do u want to know how u can enlarge your joystick and stop premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by airsaylongcon: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
For an IT dude, you have violated a number of rules if you wanna do this racket. First of all, you have your pic up on display so we already know who you are. You have used a direct connection to Nairaland so Seun et al. have an IP address traceable to you. My advice, quit while you are ahead. Not worth it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
You'v already collected money, and now you'r asking if it's illegal?? Ur conscience was asleep before you were paid I suppose..

Dude pls#

*ur signature even says a lot already

8 Likes

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Abugab(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
It is completely wrong and unethical for a professional like you particularly when you know what the website will be used for.
If this is done by you, you have become an accomplice in his illegal trade and that I am sure you don't want to be.
Remember Karma as it could just be people who you love or are close to you that could fall prey to the con game he intends playing with the website.
I beg make u no throw stone enter market oooo e fit be your person wey e go hit.
Let him take his business elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by AAinEqGuinea: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
is it a crime for you selling a car to a guy who later runs over his wife??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by geedeex2(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
Are there no cops on Nairaland ? This OP should be arrested by now .bros ,you already know what is right all you're looking for is mere justification of your action .once the scammer is caught ,his accomplist will be exposed , who do you think is the accomplist ?EFCC will explain to you once you get there .

2 Likes

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by anonimi: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
is it a crime selling a gun to a guy legally who later commits murder with the gun you sold him?? ?

Would it be a crime if you sold him the gun despite his TELLING you he wants to commit suicide with it

AAinEqGuinea:
is it a crime for you selling a car to a guy who later runs over his wife??

See above response.

3 Likes

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by emmyagi(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
phemmylink:

Hey dude, if you cannot please forward the money and the details to me let me do the website, i dont care what he use it for.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by abbey621(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
The problem with young entrepreneurs such as yourself is that you think only of the task and not the whole system. I also build websites but there are forms which must be signed by the client, a simple three page document exonerating you from any legal action due to the nature of the project, an indemnity clause and so on. It's easy to get such documents, just go to web builder sites using Google and read their terms and conditions, you'll see a blueprint for what you need. Final advice, if you are in 9ja, just relax we all know as e dey go grin grin but if you are abroad get moving immediately, time is of the essence!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by ceejay80s(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
@op, the guy fit use the website dupe one of ur family member in a way it will affect u, remember say God no dey sleep

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Seriously? undecided it's like giving him a loaded gun to shoot you later

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by ITbomb(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
If the site looks fine, put your name there in case another scammer is interested.

Then let's see between the police and the scammer who would be more interested

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Hybrid01: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]you are supposed to ask questions before rendering your services

1 Like

Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by Daniel058(m): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Choi! No try am at all @all.

.. ODIKWA VERY risky..
Re: Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? by seglad2(m): 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Bad question. Bad things are clear and apparent undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GT BANK New Website Look. / Vps Server Hosting Fully Managed Servers / Patrick Ogidi: Real Or Scam??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.