Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! (778 Views)

I Will Support You Till Death, Edo State Former Governor Tells Gov. Oshiomhole / Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / You Have Some Explanation To Give - Yobe State Governor Tells GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! by lagosph: 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
There is trouble brewing in Sokoto state, as the governor of the state, Alahaji Magatakarda Wamakko is about to face the embarrassment of being in a different political party from his deputy, Alhaji Mukhtar Shagari, who has refused to cross carpet with him to the All Progressive Congress, APC, electing to remain in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

It would be recalled that Shagari was a minister of water resources under the PDP administration of Olusegun Obasanjo, and has a longer history in the party than the governor who was previously in the All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, before he cross carpeted to the PDP in 2006 After he had a falling out with his then boss, Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa, whom he served as deputy governor.

wamakko is one of five PDP governors who recently cross carpeted to the APC.

This would be the first time in Nigeria's history that a governor and his deputy would belong to different parties.

It would further be recalled that Major stakeholders in the Sokoto state chapter of the PDP last week visited the PDP headquarters in Abuja and declared loyalty for the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, stating that they would not cross over to the APC with Wamakko and that he was on his own.
Re: SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
HAHAHHAHAHHAAH FTC (so where is awa source na?)
Re: SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
I know Muktar Shagari to be an honorable man and he has earned it once again. He is a westernized aboki, not like his mu mu oga undecided
Re: SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! by DrOBD(m): 7:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Noted
Re: SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! by otokx(m): 7:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
Then let them fight and whoever winner takes it all; SHAGARI though for me should just resign and go build PDP in Sokoto to a powerful force.
Re: SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
otokx: Then let them fight and whoever winner takes it all; SHAGARI though for me should just resign and go build PDP in Sokoto to a powerful force.

Shagari should resign When the people elected PDP?. Wamako is autocratIcally delivering Sokoto to APC without the say of the people - that's undemocratic-he should resign.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! by Lusola15: 8:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
otokx: Then let them fight and whoever winner takes it all; SHAGARI though for me should just resign and go build PDP in Sokoto to a powerful force.

Re: SHOCKER: I Will Not Follow You To APC Sokoto Dep. Governor Tells Wamakko! by Longeria(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Idi Amin: I know Muktar Shagari to be an honorable man and he has earned it once again. He is a westernized aboki, not like his mu mu oga undecided
While APC is busy pointing one finger at PDP, the rest four are pointing at them. APC will never win this battle.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Signs Agreement With Federal Government, Strike Will Be Called Off / National Assembly to close down as FG intends to renovate its House.. / Division As D Only Acceptable Outcome 4 D Proposed Nigeria National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.