Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria (1250 Views)

Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria / Guidelines For Company Registration In Nigeria (register Your Company) / Company Registration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by Naijamericana: 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
I would like to get any leads or advice on foreign company registration in Nigeria. My intention is to register a private company with limited liability. The current company is registered in Delaware, USA. Information such as:

1. Can it be done online?
2. What is the typical cost for registration?
3. Does one have to travel to Nigeria for registration?
4. What documents are required?
5. How long does it take to become fully registered?

Would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Re: Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by eluquenson(m): 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
visit www.cac.gov.ng there you will see details and also contact details
Re: Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by Naijamericana: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
eluquenson: visit www.cac.gov.ng there you will see details and also contact details

Thank you
Re: Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by chikachike86(m): 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
1. Registration of a company in Nigeria can't be concluded on line.
2. The cost for 1m share capital is N27,000 officially, while d lawyer would notify you of his professional fee.
3. You can conclude the registration from your based in US, though u'll need a Registered/ official address in Nigeria
4. If the file is comprehensively completed by an Eagle eyed lawyer, then within 2 weeks the registration should be concluded.
For any Further enquiry visit www.dripnigeria.com, or call +234(0)7069279374. Regards
Re: Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by Naijamericana: 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
chika.chike86:
2. The cost for 1m share capital is N27,000 officially, while d lawyer would notify you of his professional fee.
3. You can conclude the registration from your based in US, though u'll need a Registered/ official address in Nigeria
4. If the file is comprehensively completed by an Eagle eyed lawyer, then within 2 weeks the registration should be concluded.
For any Further enquiry visit www.dripnigeria.com, or call +234(0)7069279374. Regards

What is the typical cost for everything included, federal government plus attorney professional fee?
Re: Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by Naijamericana: 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
chika.chike86:

I know this is not the forum for this, but is there a list of items that are "banned" from being imported into the country. The reason, why I ask is because the FG is always banning items. They just banned fish and have banned rice. Palm oil was banned not too long ago, although the ban has been lifted. Are their any special licenses to import certain items into the country from overseas? If so, what about by air, land or sea?

Thanks
Re: Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
Naijamericana: I would like to get any leads or advice on foreign company registration in Nigeria. My intention is to register a private company with limited liability. The current company is registered in Delaware, USA. Information such as:

1. Can it be done online?
2. What is the typical cost for registration?
3. Does one have to travel to Nigeria for registration?
4. What documents are required?
5. How long does it take to become fully registered?

Would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi,

chika.chike86: has answered majorly your question, but I will like to ask if you have a Nigerian passport because that is key.

If you do not, you would be regarded as a foreigner. For a foreigner to register a company in Nigeria, the requirements are much.The list goes like, 10 million share capital, expatriate quota, residence permit, registration with NIPC, NOTAP etc. Once you or anybody on the proposed company has naija passport, there wont be much process.

Again, the two weeks timeline completion is feasible for Nigerian residents. If you are in diaspora, I have to use a courier to ferry documents to you to initial and return to me. Depending on where you are, to and fro for ferrying can't be less than two weeks. In those days, we use to initial for people in diaspora but these days you have to append your signature because of CBN policy which only allows your signature on company documentation as your banking signature.

You will need to submit the name you have registered over there in Nigeria in order to check if you can use it here. It is not automatic.

You need to be specific on what you want to export into Nigeria from your base, we can then advise you.

Should you want my firm to assist you, please do not hesitate to mail me, kleandenation@yahoo.ca.

Many thanks
Re: Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by Naijamericana: 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
omogidi234:

Hi,

chika.chike86: has answered majorly your question, but I will like to ask if you have a Nigerian passport because that is key.

If you do not, you would be regarded as a foreigner. For a foreigner to register a company in Nigeria, the requirements are much.The list goes like, 10 million share capital, expatriate quota, residence permit, registration with NIPC, NOTAP etc. Once you or anybody on the proposed company has naija passport, there wont be much process.

Again, the two weeks timeline completion is feasible for Nigerian residents. If you are in diaspora, I have to use a courier to ferry documents to you to initial and return to me. Depending on where you are, to and fro for ferrying can't be less than two weeks. In those days, we use to initial for people in diaspora but these days you have to append your signature because of CBN policy which only allows your signature on company documentation as your banking signature.

You will need to submit the name you have registered over there in Nigeria in order to check if you can use it here. It is not automatic.

You need to be specific on what you want to export into Nigeria from your base, we can then advise you.

Should you want my firm to assist you, please do not hesitate to mail me, kleandenation@yahoo.ca.

Many thanks

I have both a Nigerian and American passport.
Re: Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 3:10am On Dec 13, 2013
Naijamericana:

I have both a Nigerian and American passport.
Good, that means you will only need an address in Nigeria usually known as registered address.
Re: Foreign Company Registration In Nigeria by Naijamericana: 4:13am On Dec 13, 2013
We plan to initially import palm oil for 2-3 years while we cultivate a palm plantation.

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Food Kiosk Manufacturer/maker / Oluwaseun Osewa's View On Naira Devaluation / My Best 3 Betting Bookies That Have Virtual Football League & Good Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.