Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists (4614 Views)

for those who wish to learn 3D Animation, modelling and visual effects / Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira / Results Of Web Banner Design Contest For Nairaland Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2013
@OKX, I think you should apologize not to me but to Royver. Your arguments have obscurred the competition. The competition may be lacking alot of things but at least he is creating a challenge/competition which will help we, novices better or skills. For this excercise, I looked for butterfly reference images, modelled it to proportion, textured it, rigged it, animated it and I'm creating environments for the composition. The graphics section needs such challenges as opposed to the usual adverts of some novices claiming to be professionals in the 3d field
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by OKX(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2013
@ladanski
now i really feel our disconnect is widening.
have u really been following my comments from the start?

oh well, different folks...different perspectives.
i have no issues with apologizing if/when i overstep...but on this one, i will wait til Royver demands one if he feels my conduct calls for it.

have a nice day
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by reidkrugger(m): 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
Truth b told, this whole thing really got heated up when I dropped a post here. so, I'll say "I take both Responsibility and Blame". Now, the fight was for U guys competing, not cuz I like disrupting threads or anything. But as it progressed, it seemed to Me that ROYVER actually had nice intentions but let Me say I Misjudged Him, so to this end. Royver, I'm sorry.

Landaski, Ur last two comments didnt have to fly, and they were Bad if U ask Me. Yes Okx, comes in here and advices as well as nails His opinions. I think U are angry for a lot of things amongst and tops, Him asking You to relay Ur efforts to d other Guys blabla. Yeah, its almost like He's giving instructions yeah and I feel U but U ddnt have to go that Far as He actually didnt mean any harm. And Yes We are All Learning, "True". But Some of Us are just not on the level of some other of us, "Harder Truth". Finally, IMHO, I think Fk would b better for a flapping butterfly wings cus of its arcs and ALL.

Yeah just My bit. Merry Xmas Everybody and U guys should please drop something on Here to keep the thread alive.

Everybody should Please calm down and "let it go".

Cheers.

<Playin'> #letitgo by Mode 9.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
reidkrugger: Truth b told, this whole thing really got heated up when I dropped a post here. so, I'll say "I take both Responsibility and Blame". Now, the fight was for U guys competing, not cuz I like disrupting threads or anything. But as it progressed, it seemed to Me that ROYVER actually had nice intentions but let Me say I Misjudged Him, so to this end. Royver, I'm sorry.

Landaski, Ur last two comments didnt have to fly, and they were Bad if U ask Me. Yes Okx, comes in here and advices as well as nails His opinions. I think U are angry for a lot of things amongst and tops, Him asking You to relay Ur efforts to d other Guys blabla. Yeah, its almost like He's giving instructions yeah and I feel U but U ddnt have to go that Far as He actually didnt mean any harm. And Yes We are All Learning, "True". But Some of Us are just not on the level of some other of us, "Harder Truth". Finally, IMHO, I think Fk would b better for a flapping butterfly wings cus of its arcs and ALL.

Yeah just My bit. Merry Xmas Everybody and U guys should please drop something on Here to keep the thread alive.

Everybody should Please calm down and "let it go".

Cheers.

<Playin'> #letitgo by Mode 9.

Apology accepted.

Now then, on with the show! I would like to know how far the other contestants have gone, or is landaski doing this alone?
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by OKX(m): 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
@reid
http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/butterfly-99541.html
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-zebra-butterfly/424443
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/254802

it took 10 seconds to find these free models, royalty-free to use.
this isnt a modeling challenge, its an animation challenge.
suggesting to share assets is actually a form of synergy, as is trading tips n techniques.
besides i only made a suggestion (as have all my comments been so far), i neither asked/ instructed nor ordered ladanski to do anything. i stand to be corrected tho.

i stand by my earlier comment of apologizing to anyone who feels they have been offended by my conduct, if they clearly state so.

lol, theres really nothing to 'let go'...atleast on my part grin

lets not derail d thread
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by OKX(m): 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
OKX: @reid
http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/butterfly-99541.html
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-zebra-butterfly/424443
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/254802

it took 10 seconds to find these free models, royalty-free to use.
this isnt a modeling challenge, its an animation challenge.
suggesting to share assets is actually a form of synergy, as is trading tips n techniques.
besides i only made a suggestion (as have all my comments been so far), i neither asked/ instructed nor ordered ladanski to do anything. i stand to be corrected tho.

i stand by my earlier comment of apologizing to anyone who feels they have been offended by my conduct, if they clearly state so.

lol, theres really nothing to 'let go'...atleast on my part grin

lets not derail d thread

just in case d bots hide d post
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
am I the only one competing? I was expecting more entries. This really isnt encouraging at all.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by cgniyi(m): 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
Organizing 3d contests like this is a very good idea.There should be more of that here.
The deadline however is too short. It'll be difficult to produce anything of acceptable quality within this period.
@ OP, i would have started with something lighter.

@ladanski
good work so far.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
cgniyi: Organizing 3d contests like this is a very good idea.There should be more of that here.
The deadline however is too short. It'll be difficult to produce anything of acceptable quality within this period.
@ OP, i would have started with something lighter.

@ladanski
good work so far.

Was waiting for more response before announcing, deadline has been shifted to December 31st. I believe two weeks is reasonable enough unless the majority of you feel otherwise.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 18, 2013
Ive finished mine but I will wait till I see more entries before posting my work. If I'm the only one, then there is no point submitting.

And for those complaining that there's no toime, you could
1. Reduce render quality (light bounces and other settings
2. Reduce the render dimensions (maybe to 640 X 360)
3. Download (like OKX stated) butterfly models from the net.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 18, 2013
Ive finished mine but I will wait till I see more entries before posting my work. If I'm the only one, then there is no point submitting.

And for those complaining that there's no toime, you could
1. Reduce render quality (light bounces and other settings
2. Reduce the render dimensions (maybe to 640 X 360)
3. Download (like OKX stated) butterfly models from the net.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Good morning people.
Please anyone else still in the contest should indicate, regardless of how far he/she has gone so we will know whether its only ladanski that attempted the project.
Pls you have 24hrs to indicate.

@Ladanski your effort is appreciated and if it turns out you are the only one that attempted the competition, I would still like to present you with the n1500 recharge card none the less. It is nothing compared to the work you have done or the time you put in but I hope it will encourage you and others to keep up the good work until the dream of an indeginous and well established 3D studio is achieved in this country.
Peace.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by jjk24(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
Well am still in d competition bein busy lately and am modelling ma sef buh rhyt nw am jst tryin 2 find a gud. Story.. Dne modelling and rigging.. Am glad u guys hav shifted d time 2 december 31st though shuld be dne soon eniways.. #cheers

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
jjk24: Well am still in d competition bein busy lately and am modelling ma sef buh rhyt nw am jst tryin 2 find a gud. Story.. Dne modelling and rigging.. Am glad u guys hav shifted d time 2 december 31st though shuld be dne soon eniways.. #cheers
Ok. All the best.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
Here is mine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shGXzYVETBk I had to speed it up and reduce elements to reduce render times.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
hi ladanski,
it is saying that the video is not available.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Royver, I am getting thesame error here. I'll try and rectify that. Merry christmas, by the way.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
ladanski: @Royver, I am getting the same error here. I'll try and rectify that. Merry christmas, by the way.
Same to you bro.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2013
I have fixed it. The video is up and running.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
Magnificent! I like the idea of the butterfly starting out its journey from a "concrete jungle" devoid of all things natural, and then finally resting in a green field with flowers. And u caught the movement of the butterfly wings so well. Superb work!
One small issue though I would like to point out is the lighting especially when the butterfly reaches the flowers in that last scene. I think it might have been better if u had disabled shadows for the butterfly, it kind of made it look like the sun was ?beneath? it?
Other than that splendid work bro.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
@Royver: Thanks. I wanted to create soft shadows but turning on that setting was taking too long to render each frame. I hope others submit theirs too. Someone said he is using forward kinematics instead of inverse so I'd love to see how his turns out
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by reidkrugger(m): 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
ladanski: @Royver: Thanks. I wanted to create soft shadows but turning on that setting was taking too long to render each frame. I hope others submit theirs too. Someone said he is using forward kinematics instead of inverse so I'd love to see how his turns out

I am that someone Landaski. Now it was just an advice and yes Fk is better than Ik in this instance for alot of reasons.

1) the butterfly's wing action is radially inclined.
2) it's not a hand or any object picking or sticking to anything.
3) U get smoother curves if not perfect when on Fk.
4) U key less.

Yeah, nice Animation And though not here to Judge or condemn anybody's effort, but to encourage and learn As a butterfly's motion is somewhat spiral and non-uniform. And Lastly, I never said I was part of the competition.

Regards.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
i thought you were competing too. what I was hoping to see was your workflow. Basically in my case, I created 2 bones for both wings, a target for each wing bone and a central control for both. I added the IK for the slight bend you see in the wings as they flap. In my case, all I had to do was add a "Noise modifier" to the single wing_parent bone and that affected both wings. I then set up basic IK leg rigs for the legs and antennae and then a single bone for the abdomen. Merry Xmas by the way
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by OKX(m): 8:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
search for reference videos on d flight pattern of butterflies, it will aid u guys greatly.

My question too wasnt clarified on wot d focus was on.....quality of d motions or of d overall animation.

Good goin all
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
OKX: search for reference videos on d flight pattern of butterflies, it will aid u guys greatly.

My question too wasnt clarified on wot d focus was on.....quality of d motions or of d overall animation.

Good goin all
Overall animation. Merry Christmas to all.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by cgniyi(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
@ladanski shocked
great stuff man. I'm actually surprised you could pull this off within a short period.
I guess u could always refine parts of it make the general quality better, but overall nice job.
So, the winner by defualt grin
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
@CGniyi, thanks, man. Yeah. I had to reduce render quality to speed up render times. I also did the animation in a hurry. On a better system and with a bigger time frame, I'd crank up the details and turn on ambient occlusion.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2013
Jjk24 how far? Are you almost through?
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 29, 2013
@Royver; The caterpillar is not limbless. It has legs.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by jjk24(m): 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
Av almst given up on this competition after a series of set backs(ppl offing ma system during rendering..,power nt bein stable... and den ma system charger blew .. Mehn God fire dah gen) buh am surely gnna post sumfin 2moro.... Although dere is no way aa can top wah master lan jst did... Am a complete novice.... Buh dis wasn't abt winning eni ways...#cheers

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
ladanski: @Royver; The caterpillar is not limbless. It has legs.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
ladanski: @Royver; The caterpillar is not limbless. It has legs.
Ok. Noted. Thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My 3d Works: Steps On My Lightening / Course: Animation Or Graphic Design / Learn 3d Blender (video Tutorial For Free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.