Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:13 AM

Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw (46305 Views)

RMD & Stephanie Henshaw, Chris Okotie's Ex-wife Pictured Together Hand In Hand / New Pics Of Chris Okotie's Ex-wife, Stephanie Henshaw / Stephanie Henshaw Opens Up On Her Break Up With Pastor Chris Okotie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by TmeD0(m): 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2008
Ruddyface:

Gamine (f)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The man should step down sharply!!!

Rev ko, Father ni.

The bible clearly states A bishop should be Husband of ONE!!!!!

Mmmhhh,

See how some people condemn other people's Pastor, while stoutly defending theirs in the same Nairaland!

My dear, na the problem with religion from day one be dat o--hypocrisy and double-standard are written all over it.  Na demm go be judge and jury at the same time.  Peace!

pito:

Wahalai I go resign from my work go set up church. See d kan woman Okotie marry

LMYO!   grin grin Who no like beta tin now?
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2008
Exactly, the problem with religion ooo grin grin grin

@Wiseguy

its not personal abeg o

may i no post hia again o
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by DeepZone: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2008
Kris Okotie has a right to remarry, even the bible supports him because his wife deserted him so I don't see why you people are arguing frivolously.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by rampant(f): 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2008
abi ooooo,even paul sef said it that if instead one to wallow in passion,why not get married

for those quoting d bible -------------what if that woman(ex wife) does not want to come back to him?what if shes happily married wt kids and loves her present husband?what if they were not meant to be together?

so y'all expect the man to keep waiting and dying abi?for christsake body is no firewood,its better he gets married ,and then satisfy his urges on his legally married wife,instead of dying in passion or sleeping around
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by rampant(f): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2008
Gamine:

rotflmao grin grin

see what man of God said o

So I had a situation where I had to get the Lord to persuade her that He is a part of this arrangement.
shocked shocked shocked

wats wrong wt that?if God did not persuade her to marry she wouldnt have,so for her to accept his proposal means ,maybe God has spoken to her or showed things she has been wanting to see,its no big deal
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by dremoney(m): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2008
chaiiiiiiiiii, see babe!!1

who no like beta thing?
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by rogbayimi: 1:27am On Aug 17, 2008
am happy for him. its not easy to be single judging with his age and status
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by TayoD1(m): 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2008
@Gamine,

He is disqualified to pastor, thats the thing here.
How do you mena? No one qualifies to be a Pastor. Pastors are called by God. God does not approve you for that office based on one qualifications or another. So I think you need to change your thinking in this regard, as the scriptures have said: "the gifts and callings of God are without repentance."

Someone asked if Okotie will sleep with his ex-wife if he comes across her again. Well, he never slept with her for over 3 years prior to the divorce. This was the basis for the divorce. Nigerian law permits a dissollusion of a marriage that has not be consumated for up to 3 years. The funny thing is that they lived together whenver Okotie was in the US, but they just never "did it". It was durng one of those Okotie's trip to the US that he finished his book - The Last Outcast. So you see, the guy from all indications appear to be sexually disciplined.

To the issue of divorce. Divorce is not the sin against the Holy Spirit even though some will like us to believe it is. The Bible is very clear that God "hates" divorce. That He hates it does not mean He forbids it. Does anyone remember the OT Prophet whose wife was promiscous and God had hi marry her over and over again? Why was that situation different? I don't have the answers to all the issue here, but I believe the man is happy and he deserves to be.

He was mighty sweet to his former wife who still adores him but is convinced she can't continue to be his wife. Mrs Okotie sure seems to be a very humble person who fits into everything he wants in a woman. I can't believe I never knew her even though she attends Household all these while. That is an eloquent testimony of her character. Many that are not half as beautiful or connected to Pastor Chris carry themselves as if they are his deputy. I just pray they are happy together.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by djcrucifix(m): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2008
nothin do that guy!
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2008
@TayoD

i tried to refrain from posting here again
But because you directed your post at me,
i have to.

One, Pastors are not Specially called
As Christians we are all called, to one thing or the other.
check out my posts for the biblical reference i gave.
If any man Desireth the office of a bishop. . . . .

Well, i really believe if his wife left him, an unbeliever
then it is ok.

if they were both believers and she prolly committed fornication/adultery
then it is ok.

if they were both believers and she just left, it is NOT ok.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by rampant(f): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2008
Gamine:

@TayoD

i have to.

then it is ok.

then it is ok.

and what if shes happily married to smone else and shes happy,what should he do?
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2008
She has committed adultery.

He is not to remarry, she should either go back to him

or remain like that.

Ideally, Christian couples should have no basis for divorce
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by rampant(f): 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2008
@gamine

i tot paul said its better to marry than to be inflamed in passion?
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2008

Yes.

But the case im stating, they are married already.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by TayoD1(m): 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2008
@Gamine,

i have to.
I didn't realise you were trying to avoid the thread.

You are getting things wrong here. We are all called in a sense but not all are called to the five-fold ministry as is expressed in Ephesians. The Bible is very clear that God does not repent of His callings so I see no basis for you to ask that he stops being a Pastor. To be a Bishop is not a calling, just as to be the CEO of is not. These are two different things altogether.

then it is ok.
Please explain

then it is ok.
But in the spirit of the NT, you should forgive.

Again, please explain
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2008
@TayoD.

One, What is the difference between a pastor and a bishop.

Two, if they were both unbelievers and she left, then he became born again.
he is a new creature and is not tied with her, examine the life of Paul.

Three, the only basis allowed for a divorce is infidelity, which God hates anyways
and why should a Christian be involved in such.

Therefore, As a true Christian there is no basis for a Marriage dissolution
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by komekn(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2008
Gamine,
You are scripturally correct and I feel you’re heart, you know the fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom, when in doubt be on the Lord’s side. It doesn’t matter what the world says it’s what God says, what a tragedy for man or woman to be used and called of God and miss heaven because flesh got in the way, leading thousands to Christ but missing out yourself. I FEAR, I FEAR, I FEAR, I FEAR OH.

What we can do is to say the truth and PRAY, that the spirit of the Lord is in this.

Matthew 7:21-24 (Amplified Bible) 21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.
22Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name?
23And then I will say to them openly (publicly), I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly (disregarding My commands)
24So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts upon them [obeying them] will be like a sensible (prudent, practical, wise) man who built his house upon the rock.

In all things be spirit led building on the rock, that is the word that is life, spirit and power. But be aware what is the spirit of the Lord saying as we are no longer under the curse of the Law but walking by the spirit of the Lord, i would say get into the spirit of the word, the Rhema word.

I really don't condemn him because i would have to have revelation to do that.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by TayoD1(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Gamine,

@TayoD.

One, What is the difference between a pastor and a bishop.
A Pastor is a Shepherd while a Bishop is more like an Administrator. A Bishop is not a part of the five-fold ministry as mentioned in Ephesians. these ministries include - Evangelists, Prophets, Apsotles, Pastors and Teachers.

Two, if they were both unbelievers and she left, then he became born again.
he is a new creature and is not tied with her, examine the life of Paul.
This is pure crap. You become born-again when your wife leaves you? Is your wife's departure the water and the blood the scriptures mention?

Three, the only basis allowed for a divorce is infidelity, which God hates anyways
and why should a Christian be involved in such.
The Bible didn't say expressly that God hates infidelity. God abhors sin, and infidelity is a subset of it. But as I said before, in the spirit of the NT, a husband should even forgive the wife. Afterall, she wasn't unfaithful 70 times 7 times in the course of one day.

Therefore, As a true Christian there is no basis for a Marriage dissolution
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Tayo,
please dont act the fool.

Did i mention that his wife leaving him made him born again
examine Pauls life.

Why are we going over the same things, of cos the man can forgive her

but if she dosnt want to come back?

God hates sin, did i mention otherwise?

and the bottomline is always this,

As true Christians there is no basis for a Marriage dissolution

i will look into the bishop/pastor thingy
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by ausbones(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2008
well i have read carefully the posts and what amazes me most is that a lot comment on issues thy dont know much about. I think it is not fair to condemm a man when you dont know exactly what transpired or the laws governing some certain isssues. First its not a wrong thing to marry a fine wife or husband(kuddos to God for creating such a pretty Lady) pastor u try. second i learnt that it was Ps Chris's ex that left him. She claimed that nigeria was not safe and wanted them to relocate but they could not agree on this since pastor chris believed he had a ministry and calling in Nigeria. I even gathered ( i stand to be corrected pls) that his mother inlaw(the oibo wife mama) was shot by robbers in one of her visits to nigeria. That ofcourse quickened the separation between them. She could not take it any longer. so by biblical standard it was the woman that left and so he was not under the law of the woman so could remarry. Moreso he is  a minister of God and if you know what it takes you will salue his decision. he may have made mistakes yes thats true but that only shows he is a man. but as much i know he took the right step by remarrying and a good one at tht for marrying a beautiful woman. please be enligtened about an issue before commenting or condemming. Keep it real nairalanders.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by TayoD1(m): 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Gamine,

please don't act the fool.
undecided

Did i mention that his wife leaving him made him born again
You sure implied it by saying this: "Two, if they were both unbelievers and she left, then he became born again" Do you want to explain what you mean then.

examine Pauls life.
What about Paul's life? I don't know what you want me to examine here. if anything, paul admonished Believers to be single, but really he's admonition at that time was basically because of the persecution of the Church.

Why are we going over the same things, of because the man can forgive her
because it is important. That the Bible said that a man can divorce his wife on the basis of fornication does not mean that God recommends it. Forgiveness is a virtue that God encourages in every situation.

but if she dosnt want to come back?
That is what happened with Chris Okotie's wife. Her mom was brutally killed by Armed Robbers in Naija. Her favorite cousin was raped by Armed Robbers in Naija. Her husband was involved in a gun battle to wade off Armed Robbers from coming into their home in Naija. All these made her sick of the country and she said she doesn't want to live here at all. Infact, she asked that her body must not even be flown here when she dies. So she feels she can't continue to be his wife if she wants out of the country and the husband believes his ministry is here. That was a major factor for her leaving.

God hates sin, did i mention otherwise?
I never implied you did.

and the bottomline is always this, As true Christians there is no basis for a Marriage dissolution
You may think so but I don't. While in Naija, I invited a woman into my home to hide her from her husband because the man was always beating her and almost killed her. The last straw happened when she was hospitalised for days after such abuse. her life is definitely more important than the marriage, and I am glad that she's divorced the man today.

i will look into the bishop/pastor thingy
Let's know wht you come up with. I'm always willing to learn.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2008
"Two, if they were both unbelievers and she left, then he became born again"

After she left, he may have become bornagain, what cant u understand dia

Paul was a staunch jew before his conversion, dont you think he would have married
check out the jewish customs.

You may think so but I don't. While in Naija, I invited a woman into my home to hide her from her husband because the man was always beating her and almost killed her. The last straw happened when she was hospitalised for days after such abuse. her life is definitely more important than the marriage, and I am glad that she's divorced the man today.

A true Christian will not beat his wife!!, dont you understand what it means to be Christ-like
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by TayoD1(m): 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Gamine,

Two, if they were both unbelievers and she left, then he became born again"

After she left, he may have become bornagain, what can't u understand dia
Okay, I think I understand what you are trying to say now. Sorry for the misconception.

Paul was a staunch jew before his conversion, don't you think he would have married
check out the jewish customs.
These are all projections that are not supported by scripture. I can't confime or deny the veracity of such a claim as it is not expressly written. If anything, Paul mentioned that he had the "right" to marry, so it was absolutely a matter of personal choice for not getting married. It was not due to any biblical restriction.

A true Christian will not beat his wife!!, don't you understand what it means to be Christ-like
Who said the man was a Christian, and even if he was, what makes you think Christians don't do the same? You are being idealistic here while I am being practical. The question is should a woman remain in an abusive relationship that could have her killed?
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2008
A true Christian, if that is an ideal, fine

i am even working towards that.

The man is not a Christian, of course she should divorce him!

if the man was a Christian, such a farce, She should divorce him!
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by TayoD1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Gamine,

A true Christian, if that is an ideal, fine
You are either a Christian or you are not.

i am even working towards that.
Don't mean to pick on your words but Christianity is not a "work" but a "walk". I think making this distinction will help someone.

The man is not a Christian, of course she should divorce him!
if the man was a Christian, such a farce, She should divorce him!
so you do not hold to the strict suposedly biblical intepretation that divorce must ONLY be allowed due to infidelity!
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2008
Dont twist me words.

A Christian is a Christian,

when i say True Christian, i mean someone who follows Christs walk

not someone who goes to church and slaps the title on him/herself.

Christianity is not Work, its a Walk, yeah and we r never perfect the first time

we get to walk better along the way

That guy is not a True Christian, A True Christian wont beat his wife

stop making me say things over and over again!
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by TayoD1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Gamine,

stop making me say things over and over again!
Repetition is the key to learning Babe.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2008
lol.

i jst dont have the tiiiiiiiiimeeeeeeeeeeeee ryt now! tongue
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by ausbones(m): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2008
i am glad someone finally confirmed my story. He even knew more than Myself. I think the lesson here is that we should try to ask questions when we don't know. the first question i expected from some people who contribute without knowing much about the issue would have been "what happened between them" . Another thing i will like to comment on here is try to understand the context of a scripture before authoritatively quoting it on issues like this. some were talking about divorce. yea imself said he hated divorce and only permits under certain circumstaces. It was not his original plan and still not his plan. Dvorce is bad and God hwe learn everyday. Keep Real Nairalanders.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by fecpac07(m): 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2008
Truth go always bitter, but na tru dt a man suppose to maryy a wife. As long as both of them are still alive, no one has any reason to remarry.
un pastor indid. Alah man seri.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by rampant(f): 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2008
Gamine:

She has committed adultery.

He is not to remarry, she should either go back to him

or remain like that.

Ideally, Christian couples should have no basis for divorce

you're wrong gamine,compare this wt your statement

KING JAMES

matthew 19:9

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

NIV VERSION

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2008

Rampant you are wrong.

leaving aint the same as marital unfaithfulness

read well, i cant explain anymore, im spent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Shame On You Rema, I'm Deleting All Your Songs" - Gifty Powers Drags Artist / Seun Kuti Reacts To A Video Of Youths ‘chilling’ At A Betting Shop In Owerri / Nollywood’s Cutest Kids Of 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.