Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) (9569 Views)

List Of 10 Countries Buhari Visited In 181 Days In Office / Fashola At Citizens Relationship Magt And Command And Control Centre. PICTURES. / Bayelsa Community That Has Never Had a Health Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by ChinoElects: 7:51am On Dec 12, 2013
GOVERNOR OBI COMMENCES CONSTRUCTION of 10 MATERNITY AND CHILD HEALTH CENTRE

Governor Obi has laid the foundation, as well as presented cheques for the construction of 3, among the 10 Maternity and Child Health Centre in remote parts of Anambra State. Laying the foundation for those sited at Awba-Ofemili, Urum and Ugwuagba Obosi, the Governor said that the foundation for the other sites at Umunze, Umuchu, Iseke, Ugwuaniocha, Umudioka, Umueje and Azigbo would follow.

Governor Obi said the funds for the 10 maternities came from the prize money the State received for coming first in Bill and Melinda Gates award, for being the best State in the South-East in eradication of polio, which the State matched. He also explained that the idea of building the maternities in collaboration with the Church was because the partnership with them is working. “We have been collaborating with the Church to serve our people, and I can tell you the result has been wonderful. We shall keep it up”, Obi said.

The Governor presented Cheques of N30m each to the collaborating Bishops of the three sites which foundation have been laid.

Shortly after laying the foundation for the project at Urum, Obi also visited the Masdeva Farms, Urum, where he presented Cheque of N50m and a patrol vehicle to the farm, modeled after Songhai farm in Benin Republic. The owner of the farm, the Catholic Diocese of Awka represented by Bishop Ezeokafor, accompanied by the Manager of the Farm, Rev. Fr. Sabastine Anokwulu thanked the Governor for his wisdom and thoughtfulness.

As part of the laying of the foundation of the Awba-Ofemili maternity the Governor also flagged-off the construction of the Nnam bridge, costing the State over 500 million naira. The Governor who noted that earlier bridge at Ebenebe, which cost the State over N1billion, while the entire road, 36 kilometers, passing through Amansea, Ebenebe, Ugbene, Ugbenu, and Awba-Ofemili will cost that State over N10 billion.

In his speech, the Anglican Bishop of Awka, the custodian of the maternity at Awba-Ofemili thanked the Governor for given all rural communities in the State a sense of belonging and assured him of the continued support of the Church, even as he played that Obi’s successor will follow his pattern of governance.
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by ChinoElects: 7:54am On Dec 12, 2013
Pictures..

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by ChinoElects: 7:55am On Dec 12, 2013

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by ChinoElects: 7:57am On Dec 12, 2013
Anambra adigo mma..

2 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by ChinoElects: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Attending to all sectors at the same time..

ANIDS is a road map to development to any Nation..

3 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by 9icest: 8:06am On Dec 12, 2013
;DThe injury-time governor.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by IKEMBANNEWI: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2013
Chino, you should taken snap shots of the farm na, i would have loved to see what it looks like angry
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by asha80(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2013
it seems the catholic church is involved in lots of activities in anambra state.
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by demelza: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2013
9icest: ;DThe injury-time governor.
grin His people are not complaining though.
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by Zonacom(m): 8:57am On Dec 12, 2013
asha 80: it seems the catholic church is involved in lots of activities in anambra state.
And the anglican church too.
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by Zonacom(m): 9:01am On Dec 12, 2013
9icest: ;DThe injury-time governor.
I used to think same too. But i think what obi is doing now is how he'd always wanted to do it
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by nwaanambra1(m): 9:09am On Dec 12, 2013
demelza: grin His people are not complaining though.

who told u we are not complaining??

7years and 3months he did nothing and just 9 months to go he suddenly woke to realize we need hospitals, roads and bridges in anambra state!

We know the game he is playing - it is called "Mbe aga ba - Ajaa mbe ne!" or you think we don't know that this is a ploy to coverup the massive looting he carried out in anambra!

Nwokem biko akpasu kwanam iwe nututua! angry angry angry

Besides, why must he do everything in collaboration with the churches?? since when did the churches become the community leaders in anambra state??

7 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2013
asha 80: it seems the catholic church is involved in lots of activities in anambra state.
Catholic and Anglican are very much involve in Anambra politics because of the structure they have on ground
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by gratiaeo(m): 9:20am On Dec 12, 2013
nwa.anambra:

7years and 3months he did nothing and just 9 months to go he suddenly woke to realize we need hospitals, roads and bridges in anambra state!

We know the game he is playing - it is called "Mbe aga ba - Ajaa mbe ne!" or you think we don't know that this is a ploy to coverup the massive looting he carried out in anambra!

Nwoken biko akpasu kwanam i we nututua! angry angry angry

Besides, why must he do everything in collaboration with the churches?? since when did the churches become the community leaders in anambra state??

Some of you nawao!
Pls are you from Anambra state, If you are where you from?
Am from Obeledu, Anaocha LG and i will authoritatively tell you that all the 9 town that make up Anaocha LG got @ least 2 road each from Obi administration

6 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by nwaanambra1(m): 9:26am On Dec 12, 2013
am from Njikoka and i can authoritatively tell you that all the roads in my lga are the ones done by ngige during his tenure! not just roads, the schools renovated and constructed in my area as the ones done by ngige!

Adaobi did absolutely nothing for my local govt! the annoying part is the massive rigging he did for his godson - the moronic mr. wilie-wilie obi-anorozi!

3 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by asha80(m): 9:31am On Dec 12, 2013
nwa.anambra:
am from Njikoka and i can authoritatively tell you that all the roads in my lga are the ones done by ngige during his tenure! not just roads, the schools renovated and constructed in my area as the ones done by ngige!

Adaobi did absolutely nothing for my local govt! the annoying part is the massive rigging he did for his godson - the moronic mr. wilie-wilie obi-anorozi!
make slimghost no see this post.
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by satowind(m): 9:58am On Dec 12, 2013
This man is a blessing to anambra state. As a wise man he works with the church not some progrethief that works wit alusi okija. Peter obi is working. www(willie will work)...
But wait oh y was I banned 4 1 week for uploading my pic I don't see were is against the book. Say no to unnecessary banning of members.

Happy birthday to me

5 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by Adesam09(m): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2013
Ok
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by FrankC3: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2013
nwa.anambra:

Well, I am from Njikoka too. We have 4 roads into my community. 3 were done by this guy. He is presently reactivating our town water scheme and it is real.

What I think Obi is doing is to show how politics should be played. Working till the last minute.

7 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by LMAyedun(m): 10:02am On Dec 12, 2013
Peter Obi dey do late minute gra-gra..
Anyway, good development. Tryna leave something behind.
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2013
nwa.anambra:

Sharap, I'm from Igbo-ukwu, obi tarred all the roads in the community and other surrounding communities. When I travel home this december I'd definitely show people pictures, so that bigots like you won't spread stu.pid false infos on here.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by OgologoDimkpa: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Peter Obi dey do late minute gra-gra..
Anyway, good development. Tryna leave something behind.
grin
But better late than never.

1 Like

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 12, 2013
Other Governors in d tail end of their tenure only pay workers salaries. I pray Obiano continues any project Obi didn't finish.
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by OgologoDimkpa: 10:10am On Dec 12, 2013
nwa.anambra:

Shattapp! APC buttlicker angry
I am from Nri in Anaocha Local Gov't. The last time I got to my village,
I was marvelled at the construction of roads going on there.

Up Peter obi.
Up APGA!!!

1 Like

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:10am On Dec 12, 2013
After 8 years... grin

Kai!!

Obi no go kii me with laugh...

Other state governors at this time dey busy dey commission wetin dem don dey build since, na now wey e remain two weeks for them to substitute am, na ehn him remember say e suppose build healthcare center. grin

Please somebody should tell Obi that ndi Anambra state achoro ifu 'ground breaking ceremony'.. Ife anyi cho bu 'commissioning ceremony'.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by 9jamynation4lyf(m): 10:12am On Dec 12, 2013
Taaaaa! Dis my mama tell MΞ say i be Igbo. Abeg go hide...

Nwokem biko akpasu kwanam iwe nututua! angry angry angry

[/quote]
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Dec 12, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1462247_1450296_615048551892794_994937279_n_jpg985df63cc8551c75dfde95302583d2a0

On a side note

Look at the writing on that Hilux that says Donated by Governor Peter Obi .. Please, did Peter Obi pay for that car from his personal money or was it Anambra States tax payers money that he used to pay for the car and write his name on top?!

I swear, Eastern Politics is ridiculously backwards.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by zannie(f): 10:21am On Dec 12, 2013
No be small injury time governor o!
A to na planning, no execution.
Btw why is he even handing out cheques?
And why can't we ever think of building something that can comfortably rival hospitals in any part of the world instead of all these makeshift shacks? Smh
God dey shaa
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by asha80(m): 10:23am On Dec 12, 2013
Okija_juju: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1462247_1450296_615048551892794_994937279_n_jpg985df63cc8551c75dfde95302583d2a0

On a side note

Look at the writing on that Hilux that says Donated by Governor Peter Obi .. Please, did Peter Obi pay for that car from his personal money or was it Anambra States tax payers money that he used to pay for the car and write his name on top?!

I swear, Eastern Politics is ridiculously backwards.. angry

i wonder why they do that.
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2013
zannie: No be small injury time governor o!
A to na planning, no execution.
Btw why is he even handing out cheques?
And why can't we ever think of building something that can comfortably rival hospitals in any part of the world instead of all these makeshift shacks? Smh
God dey shaa

[b]Obi is a fo'sho governor..

In the course of his administration, he has handed out more cheques to people than all other governors put together..

He handed out over 30million Naira Cheque to Chikason for road construction
he handed out 200 million Naira cheques to 2 private Universities in Anambra for no apparent reason.
He handed out billions in cheque to the Anglican & catholic churches to rehabilitate mission schools
He handed out a 50 million Naira Cheque to saint Charles Bonnereo hospital

Infact, google Peter Obi hands out Cheques and see what you will get.. grin

Thats why in my village, we call him Gov. Peter Donatus Cheques Obi.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by Emperoh(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2013
gratiaeo:
Some of you nawao!
Pls are you from Anambra state, If you are where you from?
Am from Obeledu, Anaocha LG and i will authoritatively tell you that all the 9 town that make up Anaocha LG got @ least 2 road each from Obi administration

Kedukwa onye Ugada di ife a?
Nwanna kedu ije?
Re: Obi Commences Construction Of 10 Maternity And Child Health Centre(pictures) by vanguard1(m): 10:31am On Dec 12, 2013
ChinoElects: GOVERNOR OBI COMMENCES CONSTRUCTION of 10 MATERNITY AND CHILD HEALTH CENTRE

even as he played that Obi’s successor will follow his pattern of governance.
Played or prayed?
Back to topic, Obi has been a truthful and honest leader worthy of emulation. Southeast kwenu!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Launches “operation Harbbin Kunama III’’ For Katsina, Sokoto And Zamfara. / Bandits Inform Adamawa Community Of Impending Attack, Demand N30million Upfront / Sanwo-Olu, Alabi Should Tame Rowdy Agberos - Punch Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.