Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

PDP Passes Vote Of Confidence On Gov. Aliyu For Not Defecting To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Passes Vote Of Confidence On Gov. Aliyu For Not Defecting To APC (658 Views)

Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC / Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Passes Vote Of Confidence On Gov. Aliyu For Not Defecting To APC by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
The PDP in Niger on Thursday passed a vote of confidence on Gov. Babangida Aliyu for not defecting with other five governors to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Alhaji Mamud Enagi, the state PDP Chairman, said this when he led the state executive committee of the party on solidarity visit to the governor in Minna.

“In our last meeting of the state PDP working committee, we passed a vote of full confidence on the state Governor, Dr Babangida Aliyu, for the way he is running the state.

“We are here to show the people of Niger state and other Nigerians that the decisions he took during the G-7 governor’s struggle was with the full support of the PDP in Niger state.

“You made consultations with us before going for the meetings; all the decisions you took there were based on the wishes of the PDP members in Niger state.

“It is not your personal decision, but that of members of PDP in Niger state; this is why we came for this solidarity visit, to further reaffirm that we are solidly behind you.’’

“That was why all of us were happy when you openly declared that you are still in the PDP,” he said.

Enagi said that members of PDP in Niger would remain in the party and collaborate with the governor to make the state better.

Responding, Aliyu said he led the G-7 governors to improve the party and not to leave for another party.

“When I was calling for meetings of the G-7 governors, I told them that the issue was not to leave the party but to improve it.

“You don’t look for improvement and run away,’’ Aliyu said.

He said that if it was about his personal ambition, he would have opted to leave the party, adding that “It is not about me but about the people’’.
The governor, however, decried a situation where a governor left the party without his deputy and the leadership of the party in the state. (NAN)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/pdp-passes-vote-confidence-gov-aliyu-defecting-apc/
Re: PDP Passes Vote Of Confidence On Gov. Aliyu For Not Defecting To APC by Freeanijoo(m): 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
If you want to dine with the devil use a very long spoon.
Re: PDP Passes Vote Of Confidence On Gov. Aliyu For Not Defecting To APC by DrOBD(m): 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hmmm.......I'm watching
Re: PDP Passes Vote Of Confidence On Gov. Aliyu For Not Defecting To APC by Longeria(m): 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
Dr_OBD: Hmmm.......I'm watching
Aliyu knows that APC is empty drum.

(1) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter Was Fake! / The Real Armed Robbers Of Nigeria By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo / What Does Obasanjo Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.