Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport (8820 Views)

New MD Takes Over Affairs At Akwa Ibom Int’l Airport / Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 / Going For Second Degree Nursing In The US. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by kingk(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
2nd page or 3rd..grin
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Blackvampire(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
litetias: Hey guy hold your own there. Don't start being tribalistic here or else I'll tell you history that your folks didn't tell you. For your information the Urhobos were the first settlers in Delta state as a whole and the fact that we tolerate you Ibos that deny your lineage does not mean we don't know that your rightful place is across the Niger with your fellow Ibos. Anioma my foot.
u must be an idiot who told you the urohobos were the ist in delta u are a bastard..we want anioma state not you filty urohobos tribalist people we are igbos so Bleep what
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Alikaxon(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
litetias: Hey guy hold your own there. Don't start being tribalistic here or else I'll tell you history that your folks didn't tell you. For your information the Urhobos were the first settlers in Delta state as a whole and the fact that we tolerate you Ibos that deny your lineage does not mean we don't know that your rightful place is across the Niger with your fellow Ibos. Anioma my foot.
you re a very silly person and a tribalistic fool. What makes u think the so-called urhobos have an edge over Anioma people? Urhobo men that have been governors in Delta state had never worn legitimately. If not 4 Abacha that sponsored his crim.inal "Ibori" to be the governor with military power, would the urhobo people had have any might? And now the Ibori crimi.nal rigged the election 4 his cousin. Who told u dat Urhobos re d first to settle in Delta? If so, are u not ashamed that they were able to tresspass ur land unstoped?. Upon the fact that an urhobo man is in power, I still don't see any meanignful development there, people there are all living in poverty with fishing their only earner. If not 4 the oil presence, who could have known urhobo people? No other economic activity goes on there except oil, and one day oil will dry up, then I pity them. If u come to the delta north, even when there is no oil, our economy is still booming; in Agriculture, alot of micro-industries, transportation, and various buisnesses u may think are growing without govt support. Uduaghan is the worst governor in Nigeria. Click like if u agree.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by AreaFada2: 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
Afam4eva: I sincerely think this is a waste and as someone said, it's just the usual Asaba Vs Warri competition for projects. If a project is done in Asaba, another one, most probably bigger must be done in Warri.

Yup but it's more than that.

If Anioma State becomes a reality, Urhobo/Isoko/Itsekiri don't want to suddenly look silly having previously sent all big projects to Asaba.

It is Osubi Airport that should have been upgraded instead to a new airport at Asaba.

Asaba should have been a long term plan like 2020 as the town gets bigger. But as we all know, the ruling class only care about their own convenience.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by GooseBaba: 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chai..!!!! Tribalism is a bastard..! Leaders of tomorrow are eager to condemn present leaders for tribalism while sharpening their hatred for one another for future leadership role.... Una well done oooo...
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by komek(m): 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
asha 80: if you want to reduce traffic on roads in delta build rails not airports.

Where d traffic dey for Delta wey dey wan reduce? Don't mind pple who have big heads with no brain. Pple who have decided to play politics with everything in the state.
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by patienz(f): 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
Alikaxon: what are u trying to justify? Come to Agbor and see, he has been using one whole tenor to tare a single "old lagos/Asaba road in Agbor. The project has been ongoing since 2008 and is not yet completed till date, a road not more than 5km. Aside from that road, there is no other existing project(s) in Agbor. Thumbs up 4 Ibori, Ibori had served Deltans better when compared to Uduaghan. All Uduaghan has achieved since inception is building "international airport". Delta state is among the richest states in Nigeria with nothing to show 4 it. Go to Edo state and see what Adams Oshiomole is doing even with the state's little resources. How can u have "2" international airports in a usle.ss state like Delta? Who and who will use the airline? Will they have passenges? What are people comming to do in Delta? No tourist attraction, no industry, no big market 4 busness like "onitsha" The airpots re going to be dormant I swear. This is just a rivalry of the urhobo people, they want to have airpot bcox Asaba had. Is it by just building d airpots? Whoose persons re gonna be travelling via the airpot. Delta is not even fit 4 two local airpots, talkmore of "international" Silly govt. It's hight time Anioma state is created. Look, Mr Uduaghan; u have money to build "airpot" but u don't have money to pay contractors handling our road. This governor had so much marginalised Delta north. Am just waiting 4 effcc to pick him after 2015. Cheers!!!
May your brains remain blessed. The Urhobo/Anioma rivalry is at play here. Delta needs more infrastructural upliftment than an airport. For the love of God, D cow of a gofornor awards & supervises contract that even a right thinking human being wont! Imagine constructing a road as major as Nnebisi with poor drainage & later awarding D contract for a drainage the size of his BIG & blunt head! Even the Asaba airport is a sorry excuse for development.
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Afam4eva(m): 8:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
I really don't know what to make off statements like this.What do you mean by Urhobos were the first settlers in Delta state. Did the Urhobos arrive in Delta state in 1991 when it was created or were they bearing the name before the state was created. No one is more Deltan than the other. Delta state was created in 1991 and every group that was there when it was created are equall.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by GentleFrank(m): 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
Impressive leadership !
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by whitecat007: 1:11am On Dec 14, 2013
Deltans, shine your eyes. Why are ibos up in arms over an airport you are not waiting on fg to construct. If this were to be a project in the SE, they would all be dancing to igbo kwenu.
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 14, 2013
whitecat007: Deltans, shine your eyes. Why are ibos up in arms over an airport you are not waiting on fg to construct. If this were to be a project in the SE, they would all be dancing to igbo kwenu.
So what's ur point?
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by luvprince4real(m): 6:02am On Dec 14, 2013
hw cn dis big head talk of anoda airport in warri while Agbor hv no roads. Senator Okowa, Hon. Sam Obi, Hon. Victor Nwokolo, Hon martins Okonta and all ika Political Office Holders ar all fools.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by eaxes: 7:28am On Dec 14, 2013
In terms of electricity, i think Delta state is doing better than most states at least from M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ vantage point here in Warri. I αvє spent months in Port harcourt, Lagos and Warri throughout the year and can tell U̶̲̥̅̊ that i αvє witnessed more hours of electricity in Warri than i witnessed in Port harcourt and Lagos put together. I†'s just amazing, at times ψє get lite for 2days straight. Port harcourt ψα§ the worst with all the talk of Amaechi doing well. Lagos i can understand ¢☺§ i think the demand in the state is J§† too much.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 14, 2013
eaxes: In terms of electricity, i think Delta state is doing better than most states at least from M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ vantage point here in Warri. I αvє spent months in Port harcourt, Lagos and Warri throughout the year and can tell U̶̲̥̅̊ that i αvє witnessed more hours of electricity in Warri than i witnessed in Port harcourt and Lagos put together. I†'s just amazing, at times ψє get lite for 2days straight. Port harcourt ψα§ the worst with all the talk of Amaechi doing well. Lagos i can understand ¢☺§ i think the demand in the state is J§† too much.
It depends on d part of ph u lived in...
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Alikaxon(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2013
eaxes: In terms of electricity, i think Delta state is doing better than most states at least from M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ vantage point here in Warri. I αvє spent months in Port harcourt, Lagos and Warri throughout the year and can tell U̶̲̥̅̊ that i αvє witnessed more hours of electricity in Warri than i witnessed in Port harcourt and Lagos put together. I†'s just amazing, at times ψє get lite for 2days straight. Port harcourt ψα§ the worst with all the talk of Amaechi doing well. Lagos i can understand ¢☺§ i think the demand in the state is J§† too much.
is warri the only town in Delta state? Don't use warri to generalise Delta, warri is too small compared to the whole Delta state. Btw, we don't have light in Agbor.
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Evestar200(f): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2013
Alikaxon: is warri the only town in Delta state? Don't use warri to generalise Delta, warri is too small compared to the whole Delta state. Btw, we don't have light in Agbor.
All ur Argument have be flawless,,who told u warri is a small town? Warri is a 3 LGA and pple are even Adding Uvwie and Some part of UDU LGA to it and u are saying is a small place,,Asaba is not up to LGA and u called it a big place abi? So Asaba deserve an International Airport more than warri abi? Nonsense argument

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Alikaxon(m): 9:55am On Dec 14, 2013
luvprince4real: hw cn dis big head talk of anoda airport in warri while Agbor hv no roads. Senator Okowa, Hon. Sam Obi, Hon. Victor Nwokolo, Hon martins Okonta and all ika Political Office Holders ar all fools.
Thank u brother. All of them are fools, especial Sen. Okowa. That guy is highly tribalistic, If he could even been tribalistic withing the shores of Ika towns, then I pity Delta in general if he becomes governor. He is just playing gentle politics that he thinks people don't know people doesn't know. He gives various groups money to endorse him 4 governor, If u read Ika weekly news paper: all u see is, this group endorse Okowa 4 governor. Okowa is simply deceiving himself, even the people he is giving huge amount of money to sing his praises knows his games, I know they all want to have a share of those money, then do a different thing on the election day. Sen. Okowa should know that politics is not just about enticing people to support and vote 4 u, they need to see ur track records solidly, not on paper, before they could trust u, like; one good turn deserves another. I rather pray 4 an Urhobo man to become the next governor, than 4 Okowa to be. That man is silly, but he thinks he is very wise. Lets see how 2015 turns out.
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Alikaxon(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Evestar200: All ur Argument have be flawless,,who told u warri is a small town? Warri is a 3 LGA and pple are even Adding Uvwie and Some part of UDU LGA to it and u are saying is a small place,,Asaba is not up to LGA and u called it a big place abi? So Asaba deserve an International Airport more than warri abi? Nonsense argument
u re a fool 4 saying so, is it by how many local govt? Is lagos not a state? Is it large enough to b a state? The population of all the 3 LGA's in warri might not b up to the population of one LGA in another place, and also, landmass doesn't determine how a local govt is created. It is just politics that the urhobo people played that made warri 3 LGA's. 4get the silly crap about local govt and face reality. Even all those surrounding towns are today called warri 4 formerlity sake, not that they originaly warri. The original warri is very small. Lols, Its so funny now, how every urhobo man now claims "warri boy" I just like warri guys 4 their "HUMOUR" they re very funny.
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Alikaxon(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Ooops!
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Evestar200(f): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2013
Alikaxon: u re a fool 4 saying so, is it by how many local govt? Is lagos not a state? Is it large enough to b a state? The population of all the 3 LGA's in warri might not b up to the population of one LGA in another place, and also, landmass doesn't determine how a local govt is created. It is just politics that the urhobo people played that made warri 3 LGA's. 4get the silly crap about local govt and face reality. Even all those surrounding towns are today called warri 4 formerlity sake, not that they originaly warri. The original warri is very small. Lols, Its so funny now, how every urhobo man now claims "warri boy" I just like warri guys 4 their "HUMOUR" they re very funny.
Now i knw that u have akamu brain so u want to tell me that Uvwie was not part of warri b4 it they make uvwie is own local goverment,,,i have said it ur argument is flawless cuz the Osubi is close to Effurun but in the article they said is close warri which means they called Effurun warri in the Article.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 14, 2013
Evestar200: All ur Argument have be flawless,,who told u warri is a small town? Warri is a 3 LGA and pple are even Adding Uvwie and Some part of UDU LGA to it and u are saying is a small place,,Asaba is not up to LGA and u called it a big place abi? So Asaba deserve an International Airport more than warri abi? Nonsense argument
Pls no offence is warri d capital of delta state or asaba?

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Evestar200(f): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2013
lygn19:
Pls no offence is warri d capital of delta state or asaba?
warri is the commercial capital and it deserve an international Airports more than Asaba the state capital,,even with the international airport in Asaba osubi still have more flights and more busy than that airport in asaba,,Asaba airport is like the aero contractor (old Airport) Airstrip in Effurun

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Alikaxon(m): 10:42am On Dec 14, 2013
Evestar200: Now i knw that u have akamu brain so u want to tell me that Uvwie was not part of warri b4 it they make uvwie is own local goverment,,,i have said it ur argument is flawless cuz the Osubi is close to Effurun but in the article they said is close warri which means they called Effurun warri in the Article.
I don't think u re intellectually and technically capable to construct good argument with me. Your tenses re poor, and ur resoning is highly depricable "below(belo standard) There is nothing like "akamu brain"; foul language. U re either inclined in ur thinking and sence of judgement or not. Wow, did u just say my argument is flawless? Then y re u not in concordance with me? U really don't know the meaning of "flawless", have u ever set ur eyes on a dictionary b4? What a daft u must be, u just made my day with laugh. Am stu.pid 4 taking u serious. Pls, don't disgrace the warri people.
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Alikaxon(m): 10:53am On Dec 14, 2013
Evestar200: warri is the commercial capital and it deserve an international Airports more than Asaba the state capital,,even with the international airport in Asaba osubi still have more flights and more busy than that airport in asaba,,Asaba airport is like the aero contractor (old Airport) Airstrip in Effurun
what type of stup.id commercial activity goes on in warri? That term "commercial capital" is just a boast to redicule Asaba. If u talk about places were serious commercial activities go on, is: Benin city, port harcour, ontsha, Aba etc, I don't wanna mention lagos bcox there is the hurb. So tell me, what are the so-called commercial activities there? I want to know. Is it by saying it with mouth and writing it on paper? Pls, elucidate the curious.
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by henrimoto(m): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2013
Alikaxon: I don't think u re intellectually and technically capable to construct good argument with me. Your tenses re poor, and ur resoning is highly depricable "below(belo standard) There is nothing like "akamu brain"; foul language. U re either inclined in ur thinking and sence of judgement or not. Wow, did u just say my argument is flawless? Then y re u not in concordance with me? U really don't know the meaning of "flawless", have u ever set ur eyes on a dictionary b4? What a daft u must be, u just made my day with 'LAUGH'. Am stu.pid 4 taking u serious. Pls, don't disgrace the warri people.
Oga proffessor.... the right word there is "laughter" and not "laugh". No Man knows it all ! lolzz

2 Likes

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Evestar200(f): 11:30am On Dec 14, 2013
Alikaxon: what type of stup.id commercial activity goes on in warri? That term "commercial capital" is just a boast to redicule Asaba. If u talk about places were serious commercial activities go on, is: Benin city, port harcour, ontsha, Aba etc, I don't wanna mention lagos bcox there is the hurb. So tell me, what are the so-called commercial activities there? I want to know. Is it by saying it with mouth and writing it on paper? Pls, elucidate the curious.
is ur Agbor or Asaba have more commercial Activities than Warri? Osubi Airports have more flights than benin Airports and the Aero contractors Airstrip (old Airport) in Effurun have more flight than Asaba Airport,,so tell me whats in Asaba or Delta North that make them to deserve an International Airport than Delta Central,,,the refinery,,the glass company, delta steel company Majority of the company are in delta central so knw b4 u talk rubbish 4rm ur mouth

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Klinee: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2013
The time i check delta state i see the rivalrys of urhobos with urhobos. The igbo-deltas shuld step up,in 2015 i still see urhobo in that office.
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by Evestar200(f): 11:47am On Dec 14, 2013
Alikaxon: I don't think u re intellectually and technically capable to construct good argument with me. Your tenses re poor, and ur resoning is highly depricable "below(belo standard) There is nothing like "akamu brain"; foul language. U re either inclined in ur thinking and sence of judgement or not. Wow, did u just say my argument is flawless? Then y re u not in concordance with me? U really don't know the meaning of "flawless", have u ever set ur eyes on a dictionary b4? What a daft u must be, u just made my day with laugh. Am stu.pid 4 taking u serious. Pls, don't disgrace the warri people.
thank God u knw u re stupid for typing rubbish,,,u re trying to show how brilliant u re but u dont knw how dullard you are,,,u shld ask ursef why anioma receive the lowest budget in delta state even Isoko with 2 Local goverment recieve higher budget than anioma,,,u shld be attacking the pple that represent u guys,,maybe they have shut their mouths with money thats why they take anydecision said in the delta house of assembly.

1 Like

Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by jonezz(m): 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2013

Pls don't mind dat fool, he is sick upstairs
Re: Delta Awards Contract For Second Int’l Airport by elrony(m): 12:18am On Dec 16, 2013
LWKMD... cheesy cheesy

See my fellow Deltans up in e-arms against themselves...smh undecided

As per the topic...I'd say it all boils down to $hitty politics per say (as seen by the various tribal slings on this thread)....or another avenue for embezzlement (as usual)!!!!....

lemme just say misplaced priority for now!!

Another international airport is the least thing this state needs for development!!!

PS; Delta State is $hit at the moment compared to the wealth she possesses! cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Countries With The Easiest Visa Procedures For International Students / How Can I Disvirgin My Passport? Help Please... / How Much Is Benin Republic International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.