Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews (18033 Views)

Igbo-Jew connection / Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / I’m Sure, Igbo Are Descendants Of The Jews -noam Katz, Israeli Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by donpope1(m): 5:59am On Dec 15, 2013
god_of_music: The latest moro'n on this thread can be no one else but your dumb self.

You couldn't even comprehend my post and then jumped in to reply me because you wanna show how senseless an uneducated ''yoruba'' man can be. . . . Lemme clear you boy, in the first paragraph: i was explaining why the Igbos worship Amadioha as their god.

At the second: i was giving an example with my town i referred as ''my own Igbo'' which worship a goddess in the Igbo land they settled in when they moved out from Benin. Hope he gets it this time undecided

MUMU!

#TeamGOM
it was during the Benin empire, many Igbo migrated to Benin some spent a lot of time there and mingled with the Benin and at a point during the fall of the empire most of them moved back to their present day abode, many town were founded by those that relocated back to the east..so they might come from Benin but their ancestry lineage is Igbo!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:00am On Dec 15, 2013
Fulaman198:

First and foremost I did not bring this post to the front page, the other 2 mods on here are Igbo themselves, so before you point fingers and insult my ethnic group like the bigot you are maybe you should ask and determine who it actually was.

Only a select few Fulani think they are Arabs and they are the minority, and guess which country they are in? yes, that is correct, Nigeria the country of low self-esteem where Africans want to be something else whether it is Middle Eastern or European

I thought so. Brother FUla will never put such a topic on Front Page.

I ws wondering the same.

Please stop blaming Fulaman and insulting his tribe. It is not right.

Or else be ready to hear curses from me.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 15, 2013
@PAGAN 9JA....

Can you pls show us where he insulted the fulanis...if there was any insult from Pope,it was to the few misguided igbos who said they were from isreal just like Fulaman acknowledged the few fulanis who said they were arabs.

He didnt insult the fulanis.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 15, 2013
Igbo is the hottest tribe in this forum.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:58am On Dec 15, 2013
gbosaa: @PAGAN 9JA....

Can you pls show us where he insulted the fulanis...if there was any insult from Pope,it was to the few misguided igbos who said they were from isreal just like Fulaman acknowledged the few fulanis who said they were arabs.

He didnt insult the fulanis.

did I mention Pope specifically
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by oduaboy1: 7:30am On Dec 15, 2013
nnenna.1:
Did Lamurudu die in Saudi Arabia? Yes or no?
How does this correlate with the subject,i know you have a penchant for being mischievious.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Kei144(m): 7:41am On Dec 15, 2013
It is not every Igbo that is Jew. The Igbo villages or towns that are Jews practice ancient Jewish culture. Even though much of that culture has been greatly influenced by modernism, some aspects of it still exist. Ancient Jewish culture is practiced in most of Anambra State. For example, the native lunar calendar is actually the biblical calendar. Igbo Jews will be especially noticed by the whole world from 2014, when the 144,000 Israelites are sealed and they begin their end-time gospel ministry.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Kei144(m): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2013
Je. 43:1 When Jeremiah finished telling the people all the words of the LORD their God — everything the LORD had sent him to tell them —
Je. 43:2 Azariah son of Hoshaiah and Johanan son of Kareah and all the arrogant men said to Jeremiah, “You are lying! The LORD our God has not sent you to say, ‘You must not go to Egypt to settle there.’
Je. 43:3 But Baruch son of Neriah is inciting you against us to hand us over to the Babylonians, [Or Chaldeans] so that they may kill us or carry us into exile to Babylon.”
Je. 43:4 So Johanan son of Kareah and all the army officers and all the people disobeyed the LORD’s command to stay in the land of Judah.
Je. 43:5 Instead, Johanan son of Kareah and all the army officers led away all the remnant of Judah who had come back to live in the land of Judah from all the nations where they had been scattered.
Je. 43:6 They also led away all the men, women and children and the king’s daughters whom Nebuzaradan commander of the imperial guard had left with Gedaliah son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, and Jeremiah the prophet and Baruch son of Neriah.
Je. 43:7 So they entered Egypt in disobedience to the LORD and went as far as Tahpanhes.

De. 28:36 The LORD will drive you and the king you set over you to a nation unknown to you or your fathers. There you will worship other gods, gods of wood and stone.
De. 28:37 You will become a thing of horror and an object of scorn and ridicule to all the nations where the LORD will drive you.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by crapaudarts2873: 8:13am On Dec 15, 2013
shocked igbos jew? I find that insulting. Lolz, abeg una b jew boys? Oya na lets start the orientation.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Pain(m): 8:44am On Dec 15, 2013
so what is the benefit?
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Yujin(m): 9:24am On Dec 15, 2013
The belief that Ndigbo are of Jewish origin is not exactly true. We might have some Jewish blood but are certainly not Jews. Firstly, I'd say; 'no people are exactly made up of one homogeneous group'. It is normally a mixture of different people with just a dominant group given the whole mix an identity. Even the Israelis as at Jesus' time were already a mix people but chose to retain their traceable lineage(Judah) in history.
As for present day Ndigbo, we can say we have Jewish blood running in us but we remain Ndigbo just like some group of Ndigbo could say they have bini or Ibibio blood in them but remain Ndigbo. Those of us who feel strong the ties with Israel should celebrate it(if it deserves celebrating) but shouldn't be to the detriment of our present identity. That our forefathers practiced circumcision on the eight day prior to the advent of the europeans speak a lot. That a man can inherit his brother's wife if she is bereaved still being childless(same as the Jews) so as to help propagate his brother's lineage is not a coincidence. There some other ones I can't remember now.
All in all, the present Jews are peopled by many europeans who have no blood-link with the original people. Those part of our ancestors didn't originate from these ones hence I see no reason why some people say 'inferiority complex'. So, those people hurling insults on Ndigbo should desist as even the claim itself does no harm to them unless there is something I to know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 15, 2013
Fulaman198:

I thought you were Nigerian....

Panadol is a pain reliever.

Yes, I am. This is the first time I am hearing of that.However,I think the Igbo Jews need the pain relieving medication than I do.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 15, 2013
Yujin: The belief that Ndigbo are of Jewish origin is not exactly true. We might have some Jewish blood but are certainly not Jews. Firstly, I'd say; 'no people are exactly made up of one homogeneous group'. It is normally a mixture of different people with just a dominant group given the whole mix an identity. Even the Israelis as at Jesus' time were already a mix people but chose to retain their traceable lineage(Judah) in history.
As for present day Ndigbo, we can say we have Jewish blood running in us but we remain Ndigbo just like some group of Ndigbo could say they have bini or Ibibio blood in them but remain Ndigbo. Those of us who feel strong the ties with Israel should celebrate it(if it deserves celebrating) but shouldn't be to the detriment of our present identity. That our forefathers practiced circumcision on the eight day prior to the advent of the europeans speak a lot. That a man can inherit his brother's wife if she is bereaved still being childless(same as the Jews) so as to help propagate his brother's lineage is not a coincidence. There some other ones I can't remember now.
All in all, the present Jews are peopled by many europeans who have no blood-link with the original people. Those part of our ancestors didn't originate from these ones hence I see no reason why some people say 'inferiority complex'. So, those people hurling insults on Ndigbo should desist as even the claim itself does no harm to them unless there is something I to know.

esp the part of circumcision .
I agree with y
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 15, 2013
Let Igbo people pack their properties and move to Israel. I know the Jewish people in Israel will never accept them.That is the most funny part. Bwahaha...
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Fulaman198(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2013
Keep ethnic insults to a minimum guys. Thank you
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 15, 2013
Is it right for a member to hide the post of a fellow member? *smh*

#TeamGOM
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by jawara1: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2013
Kei144: It is not every Igbo that is Jew. The Igbo villages or towns that are Jews practice ancient Jewish culture. Even though much of that culture has been greatly influenced by modernism, some aspects of it still exist. Ancient Jewish culture is practiced in most of Anambra State. For example, the native lunar calendar is actually the biblical calendar. Igbo Jews will be especially noticed by the whole world from 2014, when the 144,000 Israelites are sealed and they begin their end-time gospel ministry.

Dafuq is this bro?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by igbosarejews(m): 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
well said ,igbos are of jews origin,check out their old tradition of circumstion,their strive for development,the marriage pattern,eulogising their dead ones.the igbos are part of the lost tribe of juda,that is why despite the maginalization melted against this tribe in Nigeria,they still stands stronger among the others,long live the igbo tribe,long live judiasim,long live jews state of isreail,long live benjamin nathanyaho,united jerusalem and zionism for life
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Kei144(m): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
jawara1:

Dafuq is this bro?

Zep. 3:10 From beyond the rivers of Cush [That is, the upper Nile region] my worshippers, my scattered people, will bring me offerings.

Is. 11:11 In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, [Hebrew: from Pathros] from Cush, [That is, the upper Nile region] from Elam, from Babylonia, [Hebrew: Shinar] from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.

Ez. 37:10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet — a vast army.
Ez. 37:11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’
Ez. 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel.
Ez. 37:13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them.
Ez. 37:14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.’”

Some Old Testament promises of God to Israel will be fulfilled during the end time. When the end time starts, Jews scattered around the world will suddenly become very prominent. That is why Igbo Jewishness is becoming a popular topic, not only on NL, but even on CNN. Igbo Jews will be especially prominent during the end time because they will be key players in the end time gospel revival. Igbos are the Jews of Zeph 3:10. All the trouble that igbos have gone through in recent years, from the pogrom all over Nigeria to the Biafran war to the way they are treated in Nigeria up till today, were meant to prepare them for the great role they will play during the end time. Any people that will play such a important role is an automatic target of the kingdom of darkness.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/01/world/africa/nigeria-jews-igbo/index.html

http://www.re-emergingfilm.com/

https://www.nairaland.com/1447777/apocalyptic-end-time-begins-2014
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Rottenegg1: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
sCun:
And you actually believe you guys are descendants of Oduduwa who fell from the sky?
cant stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin... this thread belongs to the joke section..
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by rhames(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
There are lies damned lies and statistics".- Benjamin Disraeli
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by GentleFrank(m): 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Good !
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by Dewze(m): 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
Yujin: The belief that Ndigbo are of Jewish origin is not exactly true. We might have some Jewish blood but are certainly not Jews. Firstly, I'd say; 'no people are exactly made up of one homogeneous group'. It is normally a mixture of different people with just a dominant group given the whole mix an identity. Even the Israelis as at Jesus' time were already a mix people but chose to retain their traceable lineage(Judah) in history.

the most (if not the only) sensible and practical comment in this thread so far.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by biafrasun: 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
oduduwa is the devil who fell from heaven according to the book of revealetion.
Re: Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews by chibecanglobal(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls, i'm not a jew but an IGBOTIC man. Calling ourselves Jews reeks of inferiority complex. Why can't the jews be called IGBOS.
The igbo eho call themselves jews are just ignorant of their history. if they can trace their geneology they will discover that it is more dated than jewish history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The History Behind The Name Akwa Ibom: / Town Or Clan Whose Original Dialect Is Closer To Central Igbo? / What Is Your New Year Resolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.