Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls (648 Views)

Osinbajo And Ban Ki Moon Rock Matching Dress At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs(pics / SEUN: The Thread On The Front Page About Endorsment Of GEJ Is False / Seun, The Picture Fray Is Madness, Do Something Fast. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls by nwaanambra1(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2013
Oga Seun.

Its time you remove the power to ban a poster or hide a posts from your forum moderators as time has proven that they always abuse it.

A poster spend his/her Megabite and electricity just to be on your forum, and you nor your moderator doesn't reimburse any of the costs, it reeks of unfairness for you to now ban the poster or hide his or her posts no mater your reasons.Besides, you of all people should understand that we all must not reason alike - that is why a forum is a place where all shades of people meet to discuss and air their view without the risk of being physically attacked.

the power to hide a post should strictly be left to the forumites (members of the forum) - and that is how its done in all the major forums i have visited around the world.

HOW CAN THE FORUMITES HIDE A POST?

The forumites can hide a post thru the introduction of the "dislike button". if a post have more "dislike" than "like", the post will be automatically hidden and the click to "view button" activated. This way, one can still view the disliked posts by clicking on the click to view - and if perchance the post now acquires more likes than the dislike, it will be automatically made available for all to see.

IT IS ONLY ON NL THAT POST CONTRIBUTORS ARE GIVEN AN OUTRIGHT BARN! IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ANYWHERE ELSE!

I WILL REQUEST THAT THIS POST BE POSTED ON THE FRONTPAGE FOR ALL FORUMITES TO AIR THEIR OPINION ON THIS ISSUE. WE ARE IN A DEMOCRACY - THE MAJORITY TAKES THE VOTE!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

2 Likes

Re: Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls by MrKnowitall: 9:40am On Dec 13, 2013
You understand that this is a forum right? You spend your precious megabytes and electricity on this forum on your own free will. Lol why should seun or his moderators reimburse you for visiting nairaland? Lol dont be silly. You actually made some good points with your complaints but you messed it up by trying to gain sympathy for coming here. I actually agree with you that banning doesn't make sense it causes people to create 2 or more usernames. well maybe one or two hour ban not 200 years like sexkillz was doing.
Re: Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls by donphilopus: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2013
OP! Pls it's "ban", not "barn".

Thanks! I pray they grant your request.
Re: Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls by wesley80(m): 10:03am On Dec 13, 2013
Your ideas arent practicable. If Seun agrees to them then online minorities like South Southerners and Pro GEJ would always have their posts hidden, in othes words, your idea would open another frontier for rivalry and oppression.
Secondly, bans are VERY EFFECTIVE, I can testify to that! I believe what we need is a RIGHT OF APPEAL. Seun should consider working something out. In summary, Sorry your ideas are a no no.
Re: Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls by nwaanambra1(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2013
Mr Knowitall: You understand that this is a forum right? You spend your precious megabytes and electricity on this forum on your own free will. Lol why should seun or his moderators reimburse you for visiting nairaland? Lol dont be silly. You actually made some good points with your complaints but you messed it up by trying to gain sympathy for coming here. I actually agree with you that banning doesn't make sense it causes people to create 2 or more usernames. well maybe one or two hour ban not 200 years like sexkillz was doing.

pls re-read the post. am just making a point on why its not proper to ban a poster.
Re: Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls by nwaanambra1(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2013
donphilopus: OP! Pls it's "ban", not "barn".

Thanks! I pray they grant your request.

corrected. thank you.
Re: Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls by nwaanambra1(m): 10:20am On Dec 13, 2013
wesley80: Your ideas arent practicable. If Seun agrees to them then online minorities like South Southerners and Pro GEJ would always have their posts hidden, in othes words, your idea would open another frontier for rivalry and oppression.
Secondly, bans are VERY EFFECTIVE, I can testify to that! I believe what we need is a RIGHT OF APPEAL. Seun should consider working something out. In summary, Sorry your ideas are a no no.

I beg to disagree Sir. GEJ actually have a good number of supporters on NL - his supporters transcends regions!

As for the minorities on NL, majority of posters don't really cares about the region u r from - what maters is actually the content of your post.
Re: Seun The Power To Hide Topic And Ban Posters Should Be Left To Nls by EzePromoe: 11:30am On Dec 13, 2013
Tell me something @OP shocked
Is it yam barn or potato barn wink

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Launches Own Drone / Man Who Set Himself Ablaze Owes Bank, Others / GREEK GIFTS: Amosun Okays Cars, Furniture Allowance For Councillors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.